• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,097 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,097

Beat Box Time

Psycho
Chapter Twenty Two

Carapace left the building, his mind sinking under the burden of emotion he felt. The residual power the mare gave him with her affection alone left him dumbfounded as to what he should do. He tried to think if he could use the power to help his people, but whenever he tried to think his mind became clouded with strange thoughts. They warned him about betraying the mares affection, and continued to prod at his mind with thoughts of avoiding the mare for her own good.

Carapace never held disdain for the ponies, but never felt any love for them either. Why was this mare different, was he really... falling for her? Or was he hungry for more power... The changeling sighed, catching the attention of a nearby unicorn on the side of the street. The white coat caught Carapace's eye, looking up to see the bright blue mane and dark glasses approaching him.

"Hey man! You look like you need a distraction!" The unicorn smirked. Carapace could almost hear a deep beating nearby as he focused on her voice. "Uhh, you there?"

"Oh... yeah... Sorry, yes I suppose I could use a little distraction."

"Then I got the place for you, come on!"

Carapace flinched as the unicorn drug him across the street, he eventually corrected himself and continued to follow.

"Name's Vinyl man, how bout your self?" The unicorn asked.

"Uhm... well..." Carapace did not want to use his real name, out of fear of being discovered but nothing came to mind except... Caine called him... "I'm Carey... Carey Case."

The changeling almost smacked himself at the dumb name, but Vinyl seemed to believe him. He went with it.

"Aight C.C. I'll just call ya that, sounds a little cooler. So C.C... you into music? Drink at all?"

"Well, my mother used to sing to me as a child. I always tried to sing as well but never felt any good at it, as far as drinking... never tried."

"Well, you're about to start! Welcome to The Den! Coolest club in all of Equestria! And I'm the host of the party, hells to the yeah!" They stopped in front of a two story building, Carapace could hear deeper beating coming from inside the structure.

"A club... perfect..." Carapace thought, the perfect place to find drunks willing to tell everything about the Crystal Heart to him. Vinyl laughed.

"I know right!? Being in the vibrations of the speakers is the best kind of relaxation I can imagine, if I'm not turning tables ya know?"

"Uh, yes. Exactly, well lets go in!" Carapace smiled, hardly having to fake it.

{Music}

The two of them entered the building, Carapace was blasted back by music as soon as the doors opened. He gazed inside to find hundreds of ponies dancing or chilling in the club. The flashing lights gave just enough illumination to walk to and fro in the mess of ponies. Carapace had no idea the ponies gathered in places like this. After moments of wandering, he found himself in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by ponies. They were all dancing to their own liking but all kept a certain beat about them. The changeling even caught his own hoof tapping the ground. The lights in the room began to fade and spotlights centered on the stage in front of the dance floor. Carapace found Vinyl behind a table wearing a massive pair of headphones, cocked as to fit on one ear.

"All right everypony! I want to take a moment to introduce a cool dude that just fell from the sky!" Vinyl shouted over the music, everypony only able to hear her because of a voice amplification spell she seemed to know. "This little guy may seem a little strange, even awkward at times. But you get him in a party and... Well I'll just let you see. Mares and Gentlecolts, give it up for CLAPTRAP!"

Carapace watched the spotlights then focus on the curtains of the stage as they pulled back. A strange little box rolled out onto stage, in the few moments before it spoke Carapace noted the similar color scheme of the box. Without moving a single part of it's face, sound protruded from it.

"MINIONS! CLAPTRAP HAS ARRIVED!!!!" Claptrap shouted as he rolled down the stage backwards, waving his robotic arms in a wave. Entering center stage, he pivoted on his wheel and spun around like a top. His routine was in sync perfectly with Vinyls beat. Every pony in the room cheered and roared as the robot showed off his dance moves, if the vault hunters were here they may have figured him to find a place like this.

Claptrap finished his dance by rocking back and forth on the stage repeating a wub sound over and over.

"My calculations show that there has been a 96.5% increase of WUB WUB IN THIS JOINT!" Claptrap shouted, the whole club roared in excitement at the strange robot. "Hey Vinyl! CLAP TRAP BEAT BOX TIME!"

Carapace ignored the crowd and went to accomplish his mission, finding a group of ponies leaning against the bar. He approached as the music changed to a more subtle tone, Carapace rather enjoyed the beat of the music now playing. He leaned up on the bar and scooted closer to a stallion speaking with another pony.

{Music}

"Hey babe, you diggin the joint?" The stallion spoke to the greyish mare beside him.

"Yes, quite. More so before than since you decided to 'grace' me with your presence..." The mare spoke in a surprisingly refined voice for her current enviroment.

"Hey now! I was jus' being nice!" The stallion defended himself.

"By complimenting my 'fine flank' and harassing me? Yes. A real Gentlecolt."

"Come on babe, jus' let me buy you a drink! *hic* "

"Sir, I believe the lady is not interested. " Carapace chimed in with a tense demeanor.

"And who the buck are you!" The stallion flung around to Carapace, the smell of booze fresh on his lips.

"Not somepony you really want to tango with bud."

"Oh-ho-ho... sounds like you *hic* wanna fight!"

"I want you to take a hint." Carapace grinned as he really did want to fight the drunk.

"Oh... Now you are callin me *hic* an idiot!? It'sh on!"

The stallion lunged a hoof at Carapace who just moved out of the way. The thrown hoof slammed into the bar, and with a cracking sound the stallion pulled it back in agony. Granite one, drunk zero. The stallion reared up and went for the attack once again, forgetting about his fractured hoof. His mistake as he collapsed from the unbalance into the dance floor. The crowd backed away from the drunk who attempted to stand. He once again raised his hooves to fight, but before he could steady himself...

"HEY! NO FIGHTS ON THE FLOOR!" A massive beam of blue blasted across the floor, erupting the club with sound. The drunk stallion was thrown out of the club in a blast of pure bass.

Carapace immediately considered himself lucky that he was not caught in the act of fighting, after composing himself then stepped back to the bar. The grey mare was still leaning on the bar, shaking her head in disappointment. Carapace approached.

"That's my Vinyl... always looking to show off her toys... Thanks by the way, although it wasn't necessary."

"I can't stand drunks... They make me sick."

"I agree completely, if it were not for Vinyl I wouldn't even spend my time here... Alas, such is life. May I know my savior's name?"

"Well, Vinyl calls me C.C. I guess that works."

"Oh, you know Vinyl? Interesting... I am Octavia, a pleasure."

"The pleasure is mine Miss Octavia, perhaps in exchange for your rescue I may have the extended pleasure of a chat?"

"Well, I suppose you deserve as much. Very well, but let us take this outside. I enjoy her music, but it hardly suits the environment for conversation."

Carapace followed Octavia outside the building into the busy daylight of the city. The grey mare took in a deep breath of fresh air, then turned to Carapace to speak. She half expected him to have the same face every 'stallion' had when they asked to talk with her. Just as she was about to sigh, she noted his serious gaze towards the tower in the center of the kingdom. He spoke first.

"This city is beautiful, won't you agree?"

"Yes, it really is. One of the reasons I came to visit with Vinyl."

"This is my first time here, I'm interested in learning about it's history."

"Oh really? I know a little of the cities history but not much, just how Twilight and her friends helped the prince and princess save it from some evil king."

"Yeah, Sombra. I know much of his story, do you recall how they defeated him? It took both Celestia and Luna to defeat him before right?"

"They used an ancient artifact called the Crystal Heart, at least that's the story. It is what protects the city now."

"Such a powerful artifact to protect an entire kingdom... I imagine it would be nearly impossible just to see..."

"Actually it sits just under the Crystal Castle."

"Really? They leave it out like that?"

"Apparently, I was hoping to go see it later today when Vinyl was done with her... show." Octavia let out a small sigh, then returned her gaze to Carapace. "Would you like to join us?"

"Sure, I'm very interested in seeing it" Carapace smiled, knowing his mission would soon be over.


"Under attack? How! What about Shining Armor and Cadence!?" Twilight began to panic at her mentors words.

"Peace Twilight, whatever invasion is coming has yet to arrive. But there have been multiple unexplained deaths coming from the empire. All of them from a strange hole found in the head." Celestia stated with a tone of morbidity.

"Clean headshots... Sounds like you have a sniper problem princess *hic* " Mordecai slurred as he took another swig from his bottle.

"What the hay is a sniper? Some kinda critter?" Applejack asked, almost afraid of the answer.

"That's me *hic*" Mordecai hiccuped. "See this gun right here? It's a sniper rifle, long ranged death in the hands of a masther *hic* like meh..."

"Ugh... Don't mind him... he get's this way with a drink..." Lilith commented with a sigh. "The point is, if Mordecai is right, you have a serious problem. It could be bandits I suppose... but not many of them have the... ability to snipe so well. My money is on Hyperion, which means it need to be dealt with. Now."

"Yes, of course. But first, we have the matter of you all" Celestia spoke, referring to the new humans in her courtroom. "You must have information on this 'Hyperion' and on Handsome Jack, we need it."

"Now wait a minute, what makes you think we are gonna tell you for free!?" Brick stepped forward, gaining a scowl from his friends and a concerned gaze from the ponies. "We want information too!"

"Very well mister..." Luna spoke, asking for a name.

"Brick."

"Brick... What is it you wish to know?"

"Brick, calm down. We need their hel..."

"The vault! What do you know about it?" Brick demanded more than he asked.

"The vault? I'm surprised Krieg did not inform you about it already" Celestia noted, her turn to receive concerned gazes. Then the gazes fell on Krieg.

"Krieg, you know something about the vaults? Why did you say you didn't?" Gaige asked, feeling a little betrayed.

"I did not want to hurt my relationship with the ponies, Celestia made it out to be a secret. I just felt it safer to lie for now." Krieg responded.

"And a wise decision on your part Krieg" Celestia smiled. "It was kept a secret to test my trust in you, and you chose to honor my trust."

Krieg stared a moment at the celestial pony, confused. He almost felt angry at the deception but understood after thinking about it.

"I will personally tell you anything you wish to know about the vault Sir Brick, but for now I need to know about Hyperion and what kind of threat they pose to Equestria" Celestia made her point, and the vault hunters understood.

They all explained the horrors of Hyperion as best they could to the ponies, them all hanging on every word. Mordecai even shared the events of the exploitation preserve, not withholding the events involving Bloodwing. By time they were all done speaking, Celestia and Luna both agreed Handsome Jack must be stopped...

Author's Note:

Yes, Claptrap. He will get a bigger part later, I just wanted to use this chapter to introduce how he got to Equestria (sorta) and whats going in the Crystal Empire