• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,089 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,089

Survivors and Casualties

Psycho
Chapter Thirty Two

The ruined rubble of the city was much worse than expected, at least for the captain of the guard. Standing structures were blown out and engulfed in fire. The group had already passed a handful of bodies, all dead. So far things were looking grim. Shining seemed the most disturbed by the display of carnage, Axton noticed the occasional stumble in his step. Distracted by the horrors of war, Axton shook his head. He stepped up beside the guard captain.

"So... a princess... What's a gu- er... pony gotta do to score a gem like that?" Axton tried to distract Shining, still keeping his gaze out for survivors.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Well, we knew each other since we were foals. She foal-sat for Twilight, and things just... went good you know?" Shining tried to calm down, but the sight of the destruction kept his mind occupied.

"Plans for the future?" The commando pony asked, stepping forward to block Shining's view of another dead pony.

"Ruling the empire for now, with everything going on... No time to plan for the future I guess" Shining face the commando with a half smile.

"I know the feel, back in the battalion there was no time for the future. Death around every corner, has a way of keeping you in the now" Axton shifted his gaze to a nearby building. "I saw movement, maybe a few survivors?"

"It's worth a look, if we can save one life..." Shining made his way over to the standing building, roof and wall collapsed in but strangely was not scarred by fire. "Maya, can you help me with some of this rubble?"

"Sure thing" Maya stood from a sitting position over a passed crystal pony. Axton took noticed of the healing powers, and sunk his head when he saw the body. "Let's see what we got."

The midnight blue pony trotted over to the building next to Shining Armor, her gaze crossing over the building and it's rubble. She turned her head towards the white unicorn beside her and watched his horn radiate with magic. She smirked as she stood on her hind legs and her tattoos shown with a brilliant blue hue. The rubble was lifted in the air in mere seconds into a large black ball of energy.

"May want to duck Shining" Maya grinned as she threw her glowing hoof to the side, tossing the rubble to the side. Shining watched, and his jaw almost dropped at the display of magic.

Shining regained his composure when a dusty mare came crawling out of the remaining rubble. Her coat was covered in a thin layer of dirt and dust, Shining assumed her hard crystal coat protected her from harm. The unicorn put out a hoof to help the mare up and on her hooves, but she refused. Instead she pushed the hoof out of the way in a panic.

"Go! Run! It's a trap!" The mare screamed before the ground beneath her shifted and lifted.

Shining took a step back as he was engulfed in the shadow of the constructor bot. Shining's horn began to glow as a shield wrapped the crystal mare, who was still shouting at him to run, but was too late as the mare leaped off the bot back into the rubble. Maya watched her run away, but only to be cornered by two gun loaders. One was lifted in the air by Maya, who then slammed the bot into the ground hoping to take out the second. The mare tried to run but only made it a few feet before the ground around her exploded in dust.

"Axton! The other-"

"Worry about her later! Look!" Axton shouted as he raised a hoof towards the back of the house.

A forth bot strutted out from behind the building, standing above the height of the constructor and armed with six heavy assault cannons. Axton barely had time to drop his turrets before the Ultimate Badass Loader unleashed a volley of machine gun fire into the ballistic shields of both turrets.

"Shit! Wha- What are those things!?" Shining shouted as he backed up to Axton, his horn now charged for a blow.

"Bad guys, you know how to use this?" Axton asked as he tossed one of his assault rifles towards the pony.

"Uh, no!" Shining protested.

"Well, you better learn!" Axton shouted as he pulled out his own rifle.

Gaining balance on three hooves, the commando managed to shoulder the light Dahl rifle. With careful aim he released two bursts of corrosive fire into the subtle red eye of the remaining gun loader. Shifting his gaze away from the melting bot he rested his iron sights on the constructor.

"Maya! Get the badass! Shining, anything pops up in front of this guy blast it!"

As Axton went to work on the constructor, Shining managed to get his hooves rested on the thick rifle thrown at him. Taking a brief moment to look it over, he noted some kind of inscription on the rounded barrel. Not taking the time to read it, he saw the constructor's eye glow with a silvery light. After watching Axton work with his gun, Shining had a decent idea on how it worked. Shouldering the rifle, he aimed at the now forming bots. With a deep breath, he squeezed the trigger releasing what seemed like hundreds of small orbs out of the barrel. Shining took a moment to cock an eye brow as the small balls simply landed on the ground before him, and nearly jumped in the air when they all exploded into a thick purple cloud. Taking a moment to look at his gun, his face scrunched in confusion.

"The buck's a bearcat?"

Axton saw his chance, and he took it. His turrets were good to go again, and the bad guys were all slagged to hell. Tossing out both turrets, he pulled out one of his favorite pistols. The golden handle of his Dahl pistol seemed to slide into place as he raised his Hornet to aim. With a few flicks of the trigger, the remaining bots and the constructor melted into a nasty green puddle.

"You boys finally finished?" Maya asked as she strutted towards them, the ultimate badass laying in a smoking heap behind her.

"Uh... yeah..." Axton sighed. "Cheater..."

Maya smiled as she watched her stallion groan, but a realization snapped her back to reality. She turned around and rushed back to where the mare had been gunned down. Finding the body, she knelt down beside the mare. As the unicorn pressed her head to the mares chest, she could feel the slightest breath. She was weak, and did not have much time. Maya took a short second to concentrate before raising her glowing hoof again. Siren powers lifted the weak mare into the air and her wounds were closed. Axton and Shining stepped up to her just after she finished.

"Is she going to be alright?" Shining asked with a concerned voice.

"Yeah, but she needs further attention. You two should be fine without me, I'm going to run her to a hospital and inform the others about traps." Maya replied as she lifted the mare onto her back.

"Yeah, you do that" Axton remarked back as she turned to walk away. "Hey, Maya wait!"

The siren unicorn turned her head back, only to see Axton stepping closer. As he got closer, she felt a certain warmth rise in her. Soon the commando was close enough that she could feel his breath on her muzzle. The siren closed her eyes as the commando pressed his lips into hers. They shared this moment for a brief moment when Axton pulled away.

"Be careful, I don't want to lose you too" Axton turned away towards Shining.

"You won't."


"Oh Celestia..." Octavia gasped silently as she opened the cellar door.

Her and Crissy had taken cover in the nearby wine cellar once they saw the strange object just appear in front of the moon. Octavia had called it instinct, especially given past experiences in Canterlot with the changelings. Now she looked on the ruined city around her, the only thing on her mind was Vinyl. She turned her head towards the crystal mare behind her, cowering as she lay on the ground. She lowered her head back down and closed the door above. As she climbed down the stairs to comfort her new friend, a new noise chilled down her back.

Loud thuds rolled on the ground above. Too big for any stallion she knew, not even that Macintosh fellow from the orchard made a noise like what she now heard. With a deep breath, she turned back to the door. A small nudge on the door should give her a good view of whatever was making the noise without drawing too much attention, she reached a hoof up to push the door up.

"ENEMIES DETECTED, REQUESTING SURVEYOR SUPPORT" The loud, monotonous voice commanded freezing the musician's heart.

Octavia hadn't heard such a terrifying voice before in her life. It was so... empty, the sound of it echoed in her skull like a void. In a way, it sounded... fake. She wanted to look, see what monster could sound so wrong, yet she feared leaving the safety of her cellar. She could try and fight, after all, she did manage to hold her own during the changeling attack. But the immense size it must have been... She shrunk back into the cellar, hoping and praying to Celestia for her friends safety.

Her prayers were answered, but not in the form she expected. Soft explosions rapidly barraged her ears, but were quickly ended by something much louder. Something more... wub like...


"Wubba dub dub mutha fuckas!" Vinyl shouted with a ferocity she never knew she had as she lifted both fore hooves towards the patrol of bots.

The two gun loaders before her twisted around, pointing their hyperion made firearms towards the small white unicorn.

"FIRING WEAPONS" The cold voice stated as both it and it's twin opened fire on the unicorn, the body of the unicorn phasing into nothing as the bullets passed through.

Vinyl felt the wind flow through her mane as she descended down on both robots, both of her hooves glowing with charged bursts of energy.

{Music}

With a brilliant blast of pure sound, the first bot fell as it's body crumbled. The rough stone streets cracked as the unicorn DJ and sound wave specialist landed with a blast of bass. The second loader twisted it's gun arm around to fire, only to be hit with a barrage of electric explosions. The ginger pegasus shot down from above, raining fire from her Maliwan Thunderball Fist. The loader recoiled from the blast, taking little damage from the shocking blast.

The loader unleashed a torrent of gunfire towards the pegasus, her shields took the brunt of the fire as she rounded in the air and perched on a standing building. Raising her gun to fire upon the loader, her own shields depleted at a blast from above. Before she could even glance upward, her shield sucked in the surveyors above and erupted in an electric nova obliterating the surveyors shields.

"Hey Pon3! Eyes in the skies!" Gaige shouted as she blasted at the surveyors, leaving it with a smoking trail behind it.

"Got it! Let's see how you like this you robotic freaks!" Vinyl shouted as she collided both hooves together. The collected energy flared in a brilliant blue as it fired into the air.

Two of the several surveyors flying around got caught in the focused beam of energy, leaving a cloud of smoke where the flying robot once flew. Gaige grinned as she watched the flying bots crash into the ground or explode in the air, but a thought crept into her mind. Where were they coming from? The shield should prevent entry from any hostiles, unless...

Vinyl watched another flying machine jet out from behind a building, and with a curse under her breath she charged her blasters once more. As she lined up the shot however, the building exploded in dust and rubble as a massive beast of a machine burst through the building. The DJ pony barely had time to dodge out of the way as the constructor fired a barrage of missiles towards her.

Gaige watched the building crumble and took to the skies once again, after a dazzling swoop through the sky she dived to the ground. Her now regenerating shields taking the fire from the last missile launched towards Vinyl. Vulnerable to the constructors onslaught, the mechromancer raised a metallic hoof in the air. The sound of digi-structing material filling the air as the hulking torso of metal and wire rose from the earth.

"Deathtrap, Buck up!" Gaige shouted, and the bot twisted with an extended arm as the blue beam launched towards the pegasus. Gaige raised a hoof upward motioning at the remaining surveyors "Now, go get em boy!"

The metal monstrosity hummed in response as it rushed into the sky to chase down the remaining bots. Gaige felt a tear fall down her cheek as the bot incinerated a surveyor with it's lazer eye beam. The mechromancer turned her gaze towards the constructor as Vinyl trotted up beside her.

"Damn girl, that bot is sweet as hell. Once this thing is down you have GOT to let me get my hoofs on it!" Vinyl cocked a grin as Gaige's eyes grew with excitement.

The moment was ruined once Deathtrap found itself between it's master and the constructor, eating a second barrage of missiles. Not much longer, Deathtrap's shields failed. Gaige grinned as the bot sucked in the remaining surveyors in the air and discharged a static blast, frying their shield generators. Vinyl leaped upward onto ruined buildings then vaulted into the air above Gaige and her bot, unleashing a volley of bolts from her blasters destroying the remaining surveyors and landing on the top of the constructor.

"Let's see how you like this you over grown trash can!" Vinyl discharged both blaster cores from her hoof held weapons and shoved them in the nearest crevice of the constructor. She then leaped off the giant bot, and with a flip landed next to Gaige. Standing up, she clapped her hoofs together as the bot behind them twitched and hummed.

Vinyl began to step away with Gaige by her side, both cocking playful grins, never taking the chance to turn as the constructor exploded into a violent array of blue energy and orange fire. Both ponies then continued their search for Octavia and Crissy, at least until the ultimate badass loader flew through the wall before them in a smoking heap. Behind it came crawling out of the hole two massive pony figures.

"Next time I decide to take a new form... Remind me not to take your's..." The Queen shifted from the hulking form in a flash of green fire.

"DOUBLE THE TROUBLE, DOUBLE THE FUN!" Krieg screamed from behind as he launched onto the loader and burried his axe in it's frame.

Author's Note:

First off, Thanks TGM for being a good sport about the Bearcat.

Second, Thanks Butt Stallion for the music.

Third, I really hope you guys enjoy this action packed chapter of AWESOMENESS!

Forth. Love you all <3