• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,089 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,089

One light in the Dark.

Psycho
Chapter Thirty Six

The cavern stretched for, what some would think to be miles, yet the siren knew much better. Using her powers to light the way, Lilith slowly led the crystal ponies through the dark tunnel. Deeper and deeper they descended, and Lilith was beginning to feel the 'dark' power the ponies had mentioned. It made her head pulse and her stomach growl, she recognized the feeling but ignored it for now. Getting her ponies to safety was first priority. The thought crossed her to simply phase them out like she had as the firehawk, but she worried where she may end up. No telling how far Jacks army had spread, no telling where was safe. The best option was to simply get them someplace safe the old fashioned way.

"Ugh..." The siren sighed.

"Are you alright? What is wrong?" The old stallion from before asked.

"Nothing, I just..." Hate escort missions... "Feeling a little tapped out. I'll be fine though. Let's keep going."

The stallion nodded as Lilith trotted ahead. Her head began to pulse much faster now, she felt hungry. Sudden realization came to her as a familiar purple glow emanated from a clearing ahead.

"Eridium... There's your ghosts..." She sighed as the room lit up from her siren power.

"I'm sorry?" The old stallion commented.

"Very... Well, important stuff." Lilith groaned as she realized why Jack was so interested in this city. There was probably enough eridium under it to charge the key over again. "Good thing Jack doesn't have a siren..."

"You speak of the crystals? The very ones from which Sombra feasted on?"

"Feasted?" Lilith gave a confused look. "You can't get powers just from eating this stuff you know."

"Yes, we know. Many of us tried our selves to challenge him, but never succeeded." The stallion clutched an old scar in his side. "He did not feast upon them in the traditional manor. Nay, he absorbed it through his dark horn..."

"Like Twilight then... But that would make him a siren right? Last time I checked only chi- er... mares could be sirens."

"I am sorry, but I do not know what you mean by 'sirens', all I know is that he could use it to enhance his own powers ten fold..."

"Huh... Wait, stop." Lilith held out a hoof to stop the herd of ponies behind her. "Do you hear that?"

Familiar sounds echoed through the crystal cavern, jack-hammers and pick axes. Heavy machinery. Lilith sighed as the bandits came into view.

"Damn! Jack must have found a way down here and warped in these bastards... Never could do his own dirty work..." The siren stepped forward. "Stay back here. If you get in trouble, shout. Loudly. Chances are, I won't hear you..."

Before the stallion could respond, Lilith vanished in an explosion. The ponies sit stood as they were told.


Lilith phased into an explosion, ripping a group of psycho miners to shreds. Two marauders turned to face the unicorn and opened fire. In an instant the siren vanished once more as the bullets shredded the crystal behind. Both marauders partook in a double take as they searched for the pony. One of the bandits went flying as a hoof materialized in his face. The other twisted to spray only to have his own face phase blasted. The headless body fell to it's knees as the siren slowly stepped away.

"Too easy... Now... The rest of them..."


The herd of ponies descended down the gloomy stairs towards the base of Sobras castle, the element bearers leading the group. Zer0 stayed close to the middle, next to Brick as he carried Cadence on his back. The closer down they got, the darker the stairwell seemed to grow. Chattering teeth could be heard off the echoing walls, the ground seemed to tremble from shaking legs. Fear held over the room. Twilight waited as the herd finally all funneled into the passage, then closed the way in with her dark magic. Maya approached a bright diamond pony with a red cross cutie mark.

Twilight cast a magical light so she could see just as Maya handed off the crystal mare to the nurse pony. The light grew until it illuminated the entire herd. The purple unicorn winced as a needle like pain shot through her horn. She raised her hooves and noticed her siren tattoos glowing. Turning to Maya, Twilight approached.

"Hmm she is stable for now, the wound went straight though and luckily didn't harm anything major. Still, you were right to bring her here. Our crystal coats protect us from a lot, but these... things... They are loaded with nasty surprises..." The nurse noted as she looked over her patient. "It's going to be rough for her, having to run like this while healing... But I am certain she will be fine.

"Thank you nurse, now if you don't need anything else I'm going to scout on ahead," Maya gave the nurse a smile before heading off. Twilight followed close behind.

"Maya!" Twilight shouted as she caught up with the siren. Maya turned her head to face the unicorn behind her. "Maya, I know we are in the middle of an evacuation but..."

"But?"

"Would you mind telling me a little more about sirens?" Twilight smiled as best she could, given the circumstances. Maya returned with a blank expression then a cool smile back.

"I can tell you what I know, although besides the cool tattoos and the laser hands er... hooves... Not much else."

"Tell me as much as you can. Please. If I have this power, I want to use it for my friends."

"I... I suppose I could teach you a trick or two, but for now we need to focus on the real threat and... Hey, do you hear that?"

Twilight and Maya halted the herd, and Maya recognized the sounds of drills and picks. Twilight raised an eyebrow as she recognized the sound as well, after studying the one hundred ways rock farms provide meaningful work to those on them she could easily single out pick axes. The buzzing however brought a cold feeling about her.

"Miners, stay back Twi. We can hand-"

"I don't think so, I want to try something..." Twilight grinned as an idea formed in her head.

Twilight Sparkle stepped forward as the sounds became louder. Looking around she quickly found the source of all the noise. Tall pale creatures like the vault hunters. Hoo mans they called themselves? Actually Krieg called these ones bandits I believe, Twilight reminded herself. As she continued, her hoof struck a stone and sent it flying down the cavern. As it flew through the air, a large silver object lifted from the ground to intercept it. The steel helmet went flying through the air as the hulking beast slowly realized what had happened.

"Wha? Huh? W-w-w...AaaaaaAAAAAAGHGHHHHHHH SO ANGRY!!" The goliath screamed through the caverns. Twilight flinched for a second, stunned by the scream. Then a freeing thought came to her mind, then an innocent smile.

"Why so angry...."

music

The goliaths eyes glowed with a menacing red at the seemingly sweet unicorn, and as he raised his hulking fist he screamed. The fist slammed down, knocking a storm of dust into the air. When the air cleared, the goliath looked in confusion as he had hit nothing.

"Ahem, It's rude in interrupt you know..." Twilight scolded as her hoof glowed itself with a velvet aura.

The unicorn lept into the air, seemingly flying as she flipped herself over the massive beasts head. She charged her horn with a magic blast, funneling her siren powers to her already adept magical skill. With a sharp glare, she released the blast into the beasts tiny head.

As the goliath reeled from the attack, Twilight landed away from it and charged another magical phase blast. Her tattoos blazing with velvet light and her horn on fire, she released another blast at the goliath. The ball of magical energy burned the air as it sped towards the goliath when.

BOOM!

The explosion tossed more dust into the air and sent the hulking monster flying back into a mechanized drill. Two marauders noticed and quickly came to join in the action. They both lifted into the air immediately as they drew their guns. Twilight stripped the guns from their hands and spread them away from each other, only to slam them back into each other and toss their unconscious bodies back with the K.O.d goliath. She felt the air ripple, turning around to...

"I'LL STRIP THE RID ROCK FROM YOUR HORN!" The psycho screamed as it lept over a rock just over Twilight. "I'LL GET THE PRETTY HAHAHAHA H-GURK!"

The psycho launched into the ceiling of the cavern as Twilight bucked into his stomach with a phase powered kick. Three more marauders flanked around her, but she quickly spotted them and their clumsy stance. Once again her horn lit up with magic, then she was gone. The marauders double took as they lost sight of the unicorn, only to look down and find a bright purple glowing pool of magical trouble.

Twilight erupted her bubble and blasted all three bandits through the air, knocking them into the cold stone walls of the cavern. The bandits kept coming, and Twilight was beginning to feel taxed. Just as she was about to phase blast another bandit, they all seemed to retreat. She knew this would be trouble.

Two more psychos rounded the corner, behind them a nomad with his enormous shield. Twilight took a breath and charged her horn again, not feeling this exercised since her dual with Trixie. Both psychos floated up in their own velvet shroud.

"I'M PURPLE! MOTHER HELP I'M TURNING INTO A GRAPE!"

"NO! MOTHER HELP ME! IT WAS I THAT BATHED IN YOUR STOMACH JUICES!"

Ew... Twilight thought as she relentlessly rammed both psychos into the nomads shield, effectively accomplishing nothing. The nomad continued his push towards her slowly.

Twilight fired several phase blasts at the shield, but it seemed to block everything she threw at it. Thinking quickly, she remembered Maya's phase lock. While she knew she couldn't do that herself, maybe her magic could copy the effect?

The unicorns horn glowed with the ground behind the nomad, who seemingly didn't notice. He approached a range to draw his weapon and fire on the unicorn, but Twilight threw up her own shield to soak the incoming blows. A drop of sweat fell down her cheek as the earth finally gave in and a large chunk of stone ripped from the ground. She fired another phase blast that curved around the nomad and hit the mass of stone, shattering it into smaller shards. One last bullet fired as Twilight released her shield and pulled all the stones toward her, right through the nomad.

The large man fell onto his own shield as Twilight caught her breath as the vault hunters all slowly stepped up behind her. They all seemed in awe (even Zer0 gave his own emoticon signaling surprise 0.o), when a bright blue hoof rested on her shoulder.

"Way to go Twi. We'll have you turning in bandit parts for Zed in no time." Maya joked as they all laughed.


Back on Pandora...


"Those selfish big stupid heads, think they can go on an epic adventure without me... Well, we will see about that wont we! Bwahahaha, mwahahahahaa! BWAHAHAHAHA OUCH!, I fell over..." The odd little girl picked herself after tripping over one of her tools.

The little girl had worked tirelessly preparing this rocket ship, although to call it a ship is a grace in and of itself, in order to pursue her long lost friends! Will she make it to this strange planet?

"You bet your badonkadonks I will..."

Author's Note:

UPDATED! Hey guys, your favorite lovable shaman back from real life. This took me forever to update, in fact I had to revamp what I wanted to do with this chapter because I didn't want to make a comeback with a boring side chapter. I hope this suffices for my absence.

Speaking of my absence, as I said. Back from real life. Got a job, got a girlfriend, but a lot of things ;D, but most importantly got some freedom finally.

ONE MORE THING!

-So me and my gf are planning on going to the Crystal Fair in St Louis MO in Oct. 17-18th. Anyone else gonna show? Should be fun!

And as always let me know what you thought about the chapter below!