• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,077 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,077

Foal Steps

Psycho
Chapter Twenty Six

"Ow... lemme try again... Ow... Dammit... ok... I got this... Ow..." Axton grumbled desperately as he attempted to walk in his new form, face planting continuously. The spell changed him into an earth pony with a light tan coat, his mane a dark brown. Still wearing fragments of his gear, his flank was exposed revealing an image of his turret. "Ow... Serious guys, HELP ME!?"

"Small steps babe... we are all getting used to this... well, almost all of us..." Maya hissed as she also tried to learn basic motor skills of the new body. She took the form of a midnight blue unicorn with an electric blue mane. Her flank showing a woman's figure with a bright ball in her hand. "But I promise as soon as I figure it out, I'll share my notes..."

Maya and Axton struggled as they attempted to step around with their bodies, most the vault hunters struggled actually. Salvador took a little longer than the rest to get to his hooves, but once he was up he stayed. The gunzerker cracked a grin when he noted the image of himself drawing dual guns on his flank. Zer0 managed to stay on his hooves and even mastered walking incredibly fast, Twilight contributed his quick learning to his assassin trade. The assassin was in full jumpsuit attire, concealing his whole body save for a pitch black mane and tail.

"Hmm, well this is a new feeling. Cai, how ya holdin up!?" Lilith shouted as she steadied herself to her hooves. A pearl white coat and fire red hair complimented the unicorns attitude, her flank held a flaming skull with a single wing unfolded out. "This isn't all that bad... I could get used to being a pony."

"Yeah, speak for yourself... How the hell am I supposed to grip my rifle!?" The hunter shouted in anger as he shifted the gun from around his back, before reaching the trigger however the gun exploded and a single shot flew into the air. The pegasus hunter lept into the air in shock, first that his gun went off with the thought of pulling the trigger and then... "Wait... Am I FLYING!?"

After a few moments of Mordecai squirming in the air and trying to seize control of his body, the light grey pegasus with a blood red mane finally managed to calm himself down. His wings suddenly folded back to this back and sent the pegasus plummeting down to the ground with a rather loud thud. Brick barely had to step to the side to avoid getting hit by the falling ball of feathers, but surprising to all the vault hunters he managed to side step away without tumbling to the ground. With curious eyes, his friends awaited an answer.

"What!? Maybe I'm just a fast learner!" Brick shouted as the eyes of his friends weighed heavily on his massive frame. His coat was a dark tan similar to his normal skin tone, the most adamant part of his was his massive hooves and large body. But none of these were what caught his friends attention. "Alright! You caught me... I may have...practiced...a little..."

"Why would you practice walking like a..." Lilith began as realization struck her. "Brick... are you a...."

"Don't say it Lil..." Brick warned.

"Oh my god he is..." Mordecai scrambled to his hooves, listening in.

"YES! I AM A BRONY! SO WHAT!?" Brick exploded in rage, ready to pick up the nearest object he could find.

"Hey, calm down Brick. Nobody is going to judge you, I think it's kinda... cute!" Lil smiled as she approached the large stallion. "Hey by the way, how are you two doing?"

Lilith looked over to the remaining vault hunters, and her eyes widened as both stood as if they had been ponies for their whole lives. Gaige and Krieg danced around in circles as they lept about and screamed in excitement. Gaige was now a pegasus like Mordecai but was given a fire red coat and a bright orange mane and tail, her flank was decorated by an image of Death Trap. Her feathers were a soft grey with silver down, and she was still sporting her mech-arm although it was now in the form of a hoof.

Krieg was also quite the sight, a broad shouldered earth pony with the same strange mask shaped to fit his new head. A dull orange coat was complimented with a matted white tail, but his mane was shaved completely. His flank had a simple mark, his own buzzaxe crested into the side. He continued to dance around with Gaige and even tossed her up into the air. The mechromancer was even skilled at flying, although not perfected. She hovered for a moment before falling down on Krieg's back, both of them laughing.

"Do it again Krieg! Toss me up higher! Maybe I'll stay up for longer!" Gaige shouted with glee as the massive stallion bucked her up into the air. She managed to hover for a few more seconds than before before falling back down, although this time she managed to flutter down on the ground softly.

"FLY FLY LITTLE LADY! FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE WHEN I PEE!" Krieg shouted abruptly as the pegasus floated down to the ground.

You don't think that was just a little too much information buddy?

"THE BURN MEANS IT'S WORKING!"

Uh... yeah, keep telling yourself that...

"Hey Gaige!" Axton shouted from the ground, holding his face from another face plant. "How are you walking around like that?"

"Oh, hehe. I guess you could say I spent a LOT of time walking on all fours... and I spent a few years experimenting with jet packs, modifying them into wings, fusing them into my nervous system... yeah.... I went all out preparing for this day..." Gaige gave a sly grin.

"Wait... you actually prepared to become a pony?" Twilight finally spoke up after musing over the commotion.

"Hellz to the yeah! It has been my dream to become a pony! I've done so much research on equine anatomy that I figured I would have it down for sure!" Gaige smiled again.

Twilight was definitely impressed by Gaige's research, but was a little creeped out by her... obsession... For the next several hours, her friends and herself helped the vault hunters learn to walk. Twilight skipped flying for Mordecai since they would not have this form long. She still sighed at how long it was actually taking them to learn how to walk... It would be a long day...


Several times during the 'encounter' with Crissy, Carapace found himself huddled next to her. Either squished between her and Vinyl, or Octavia would nudge him into her. He was already aware that they were both trying to set him up, but by now he was just accepting it. After all, maybe things would work out and he could get this nasty mission over without being discovered? Shortly after the thought, Crissy herself scooted up next to him. Carapace stopped blushing after the first half hour of this, so by now he was beginning to enjoy the affection. The affection and the power he was gaining from it.

"So, what brings you two to the empire?" Crissy asked Vinyl and Octavia.

"Well, Vinyl was requested by a few of the clubs here to 'disk jockey' for them. As for me, well we are room mates and best friends so I decided to join her for a little vacation" Octavia smiled gently.

"Yeah, and when a one thousand year old empire asks you to DJ for them you don't just say no! Kind of opportunity that can set you for life you know?" Vinyl added with a cheerful glee.

"And what about you Carey? What brings you here?" Crissy turned her smile towards Carapace.

"I'm here on business, no offense but my job won't let me spare details about it. I'm supposed to meet somepony at the crystal heart during my visit, but it isn't so important that I need to hurry to it" Carapace smiled through his lying fangs.

"Am I taking up your time though? We can do this later if you need to go" Crissy stated, a tiny trace of worry in her voice.

"It's fine Crissy, I can stay a while longer. Like I said, no hurry"

Claptrap rolled around the table, bored out of his mind. Being a robot without a mouth, he couldn't even eat to pass the time. So now he just rolled around the table waiting for the three ponies to end their conversation. After his thirty fourth time of rolling around the table, he finally caught a glimpse of Carey's cutie mark. Claptrap laughed to himself everytime the word came up just because of how ridiculous it sounded, but this time he couldn't laugh. The gears twisted in his mechanical brain as he recognized the golden H plastered on the ponies rear.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! JACKS AFTER ME AGAIN! SAVE ME MINIONS!" The strange robot screamed as he jetted out the door into the city.

Vinyl, Octavia, Crissy, and Carapace all watched with confused looks on their faces as the robot screamed out the door. Everypony in the city watched the strange box like thing race down the road, some giggling and others speechless as to what they just saw. Vinyl slowly turned her head to Octavia who was already staring at her.

"What the buck was that about?"


Deep in the night, Celestia stood on her balcony. Wide awake, and nowhere near getting any sleep. Her mind raced with thoughts, still counseling the course of actions she witnessed just the day before. That poor girl, cursed with a father who had a... twisted love for her... She sighed heavily. Never before was Equestria faced with such a threat that his death was the clear choice from the beginning. Her thoughts ran so deep, she barely noticed the small moth floating into her window. Her thoughts broke when a soft begging voice came from behind her.

"Princess Celestia, I beg for your mercy..."

The Princess of the Day turned to face the voice, and even though her face would not show it she was shocked to find the Changeling Queen prostrate on her floor before her.

"Chrysalis... Speak quickly, for you do not have much of my patience..." The alicorn sternly put.

"Princess, grant an old enemy a tiny shred of mercy for my people need aid..." The Changeling Queen continued to beg.

"Yes, they need food. And I have told you that my ponies are NOT going to be lo-"

"No Princess, they need an assistance more dire than food. We are being enslaved, killed, driven closer to extinction every passing day!"

Celestia held her tongue for a moment, taken back by what the Queen had said.

"Explain Chrysalis, now."

"A madman appeared before me in my throne room, started insulting me and my subjects in front of my face. After a threat from myself, he began to murder my changelings... with his... machines..."

"This... madman... What did he call himself?"

"Jack..."

Celestia and Chrysalis remained silent for minutes, the princess's thoughts ran heavily through her mind. Even the changelings... This Jack had a... talent for making trouble. Celestia then nodded her head, and took pity on the Changeling Queen.

"Very well Chrysalis... You have my mercy, but only if you can promise your aid in stopping Jack."

"I would want nothing more..."

Author's Note:

Yay Vault Hunter Ponies! So this chapter actually took me a good while to do, I knew what I wanted to do but the words just weren't there ya know? Anyways same deal as always, leave comments below and I hope you enjoy the story!