• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,096 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,096

A Calm in the Storm

Psycho
Chapter Thirty Five

Twilight left the room to address the survivors of the assault. Faithful in Zer0's ability to protect Cadence in her absence, she stepped out to the edge of the stairwell. Hordes of crystal ponies nudged and growled as they fought for space, more yet waited outdoors. The siren pony let out a gentle sigh as she ignited her horn. With a bright flash of magnificent light, all eyes were on her. A brief moment went by as Twilight realized the attention she had drawn to herself. Quickly beating away her blushing cheeks she began to speak.

"Attention denizens of the Crystal Empire, I know that you are all scared. Many of you probably have missing loved ones, some of you may have lost loved ones..." Twilight swallowed as she spoke that last part. "They will certainly be remembered, but for now I must ask that you all remain calm!"

"How the hell can we remain calm!?" One voice rang out in anger.

"I just watched one of those monsters destroy my house!" Another cried.

"What are YOU going to do to save us!?" a final shout cried. The burly gunzerker had enough.

"HEY! You're not being fair to Twilight, or us! We busted our asses tryin-"

"Salvador, that is enough." The gruff stallion turned his broad head towards Twilight. "You all have many reasons to be angry, but I only ask now that you forget anger and focus on survival."

Everypony seemed to groan by now, Brick was about to join Salvador when Applejack stopped him.

"There is an underground shelter just within the throne room, if you all calmly enter then we should be able to get everypony inside and protected until this mess can be dealt with." Twilight once again spoke with a certain confidence in herself.

The crowd seemed much more willing to listen, now that Twilight had given them a means to survive. She was just about to speak again when the crown began to split as a dark blue unicorn trotted through with another mare on her back. Maya steped through the crowd as if they weren't there at all, stopping only when she was in front of Twilight herself.

"Let's see this shelter Twilight, there are many wounded that need help."


Krieg used his incredible strength to lift a massive boulder out off of a small cellar door. The Queen took a peek into the busted in doorway but frowned at the empty room. The psycho also shared a grunt of dissatisfaction as he considered every wasted moment another pony dead. The two of them turned away before a small whimper caught their ears. The Queen turned to find two mares in the back of the room, barely visible in the darkness. She recognized only one, although she had only seen her through her child's eyes. The other, she wasn't so sure about.

The light grey mare approached, with the red maned crystal mare behind her. Chrysalis sensed the fear in both of them, understandable. She stepped forward, almost forgetting her current form as she spoke.

"Come on little ponies, we are not your enemies today" She almost felt bad once she saw them flinch at the deep grunt of a voice she now had.

Octavia stepped forward in front of Crissy. Her mane was unkempt, matching her messy tail, but she still kept the calm tone befitting her class.

"What's going on out there?" The grey mare asked, her eyes spanning between the two hulking stallions before her.

"Hell" One of the two spoke in a cold manner as he watched out the door behind him.

"We could tell that much, the city is under attack? By who? Changelings?" One of the two stallions shot the musician a nasty glare as though he was insulted.

"No, and maybe if you had half a-" The stallion coughed and beat his chest for a moment. "Pardon... no, these are new monsters. The like of which you have never seen..."

Octavia felt herself swallow hard. The twin stallion heavily emphasized when he said monster, although they must have dealt with them before if they were here.

"Are you... here to rescue us?" Octavia sunk her head, expecting bad news.

"I am here to find something precious to me. Fortunate for you, your friend may be able to help" Octavia took a step back, ready to jump between Crissy and the stallion. "You are Crystal Quartz, yes?"


The underground room housing two vault ponies and a half dozen survivors was crowded. Rainbow hated it, she felt like she needed to be in the sky saving ponies but Mordecai wouldn't allow it. Even when she tried to sneak out, he seemed to notice. Warning shots from his revolver would stop the blue pegasi in her tracks, as well as jolting everypony else.

"Ugh... This. Is. So. Boring! How do some of the coolest ponies in the wor- universe, get to be so lame!?" Rainbow pouted as she slumped to the ground.

"You know, complainin 'bout it won't help. Besides, now's a great time for a break" Mordecai grinned as he pulled a dark green bottle from his pack. "You drink?"

Rainbow watched the hunter fiddle with the bottle between his hooves, eventually popping the cork off the top.

"What is it? Some kind of cider?" Rainbow cocked her face with a curious look.

"Heh, much better than cider. Take a swig" Mordecai passed the bottle over, holding it for the other pegasus.

Rainbow stare at the bottle, it's green color made her stomach churn. She was about to decline when her tongue licked across her dry lips. Whatever it was, it had to help her thirst. She reached out and took the bottle in her hoof, and looked at it for a second. A quick sniff left her face scrunched in disgust, it smelled like pond water and piss. For all she new, it was pond water and piss. She swallowed hard as she brought the bottle to her mouth and tipped it back. The cool liquid flowed into her mouth and for a brief second almost tasted good. Then came the potency of it.

"BLEH! What the buck was that stuff!?" Rainbow shouted as she spat the disgusting drink out on the ground.

"Hey! Don't waste it!" Mordecai shouted back as he snatched the bottle back. "This stuff ain't the best, but it'll get ya up and goin."

The hunter tipped the bottle back so far it was practically straight up. Rainbow watched in disgust as the groggy fluid emptied into the hunters muzzle. The bottle came down and out of Mordecai's mouth, and the hunter just grinned.

"Damn... never finished a whole bottle at once, I wonder if I can keep this body just for drinkin! heh..." The hunter mused as he tossed the empty bottle across the room.

Rainbow heard the crash of glass against the wall, but was too busy scrubbing her tongue to remove the taste. She had her share of hard cider, but that was just too far bad. Yet he chugged the whole bottle, Rainbow made a mental note not to take him out for drinks. She took her attention away from her tongue for a moment to notice the white unicorn approaching. Lilith carried a slight smirk as she stepped in font of Mordecai.

"Hey, I found something that may help us out" She began, then shot a look at Rainbow. "This city have an old tunnel system?"

"Uhh, I think I heard Twi say something about the castle having an underground floor. What did you find?" Rainbow managed to get out between scrapping her tongue.

"Well a hidden door with a stairwell. Goes a ways down, may be a good place to put these ponies while we clean up" Lilith suggested. She was about to continue when a crystal pony stepped forward.

"You must mean the crystal mines... Last time anypony went down in them was when Sombra still ruled... Many of us may not want to go back down" The old stallion began. "They... harbor dark powers still..."

"Well... I guess we need to convince them it's safe... Ugh... things can never be so easy can they..." Lilith sighed.

"If I may, we have heard you are warriors of a sort. Perhaps an escort through the mines would make the others more comfortable?"

Rainbow could see the strain on the sirens face, and she understood it completely. How would they be able to stop Hyperion if they had to protect all these ponies from ghosts? She was about to spring up to speak but a rugged hoof reached out to stop her. She twisted her head to meet Mordecai shaking his head in disapproval.

"Let her do her things Dash, Lil can handle it without you" The hunter smiled. "Besides, you would probably just make it worse..."

Rainbow felt pressure run to her face as she fluttered her wings in defiance, but the moment was swiftly silenced as Lilith spoke.

"Alright, I'll escort you all myself" She turned towards Mordecai and Rainbow. "You two get back to the castle and let the others know whats going down."

"Sure thing Lil" Mordecai stood up, cracking his back as he did so. "Watch your back down there, dark powers or not, it could be dangerous. Come on Dash."

Both pegasi peeked through the hatch door above, being sure the area was clear. Rainbow watched Mordecai as he nodde his head and swung the door open.

"Lets go!"


"Sister, do we know what is going?" Luna approached her sister on the balcony. She took a small moment to admore her moon in her sisters sunlight before returning her attention to the white alicorn before her.

"I'm afraid we do not know much... Between this new moon city, and it's attacks towards the empire... I fear for our subjects, I fear for Twilight..." Celestia retained her regal stance, but Luna could see the darkened fur on her sisters face. She was one more moment from tears.

"your student has been through much sister, I am confident in her abilities" The dark alicorn sat down beside her sister and wrapped a dark blue wing around the tall princess. "After all, it would seem forces beyond us have chosen her for this task."

"You speak of these sirens..." Celestia softly commented.

"Nay sister, I speak of her new friends. Be it just chance the one fell from the sky, as well as his own other worldly friends, to find out they have a connection with the chamber..." Luna swallowed hard for her next words. "The one that I..."

"That was not you Lulu. I wish you would see that."

"I hath done many horrible things sister, some under my own name and other under that name... regardless... Twilight is being guided by something greater. She will not fail."

"I hope not my sister... Even now I doubt my own ability to protect our little ponies..."

Author's Note:

Finally I got this one out, thank you all for your patience in waiting for this. My life has been so hectic and busy as of late between moving and job interviews. Luckily the hard part is behind me, so I should be able to write much more often now.

AAAAAAAnyways, same deal as usual let me know what you think in the comments below!