• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,097 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,097

Castle Approach

Psycho
Chapter Nineteen

The night sky was lit by the magnificent moon and stars, and even though it was a pony who made the masterpiece, Carapace could not help but enjoy it's beauty. He barely noticed Caine moving on ahead of him, and quickly caught up with the strange being. His pale white skin was unnerving to the changeling, even more so since he knew what he was capable of. Caine never took a moment to enjoy the night sky, he was always focused on his mission. This cold sense of duty also made the changeling nervous. He had gone on missions before, and was one of many reasons Chrysalis even made it into Canterlot. Even with his abilities though, Caine seemed to out do him by leagues. Carapace had to look away from the human before he scared himself too much. As if Caine could sense his discomfort, he spoke.

"Carapace huh? Do you all have names like that?" The Hyperion infiltrator asked.

"Uhh n-no... I mean... I don't know" Carapace answered nervously.

"You're not the queens son? Do you not know the names of your subjects?" Caine asked, still staring down their path.

"I am... sort of... We are all her children" Carapace lightened up a little.

"Every one of you?" Caine asked, Carapace couldn't see it but the human raised an eyebrow at the question.

"Yes, every one of us changelings were hatched from our queen." Carapace explained.

"So uh... who is the daddy?" Caine finally took his sight off the path and side tracked towards a large bush.

"The queen keeps different species capable of cross breeding in the dungeons, she goes down there every now and then and chooses according to what she needs."

"Uhhhh you serious?" Caine turned his head to the changeling, trying to judge if it was lying.

"No, in truth I was never told if we had a patriarch of any kind. I never cared." Carapace sunk his head into the ground, the noticed Caine digging in the bush. "What are you doing?"

"Did you honestly think I was going to walk all the way to the Crystal Empire? I'm getting us a ride." The human pulled the bush away like it was some kind of cloth, when it flattened on the ground Carapace saw it was just that. The camouflaged cover was being used to hide a station of sorts. Carapace noted the flat grey surface on the ground, then watched as Caine stepped up to the device on the front of it.

"Whoa! Unauthorized user up in my grill! You tryin to ha...." Caine slapped a small box to the side of the machine before it could finish speaking, causing it to spark. The screen filled with static before a golden H appeared on the screen.

"Damn bandits... Alice, deploy Bandit Technical"

"Of course Agent Longshot, Deploying Vehicle" The console rang in a gentle feminine voice.

"I've never seen anything like that before..." Carapace was in awe as he watched the machine appear in mid air.

"That's because this is the first one of many. Stole this one from some bandit hic and warped it here for my use" Caine spoke as he climbed into the vehicle. "Get in."

The two of them rode into the night on the machine, Carapace found he enjoyed the feel of the wind on his face. Caine kept his cold gaze forward as he raced across the landscape. After a few hours of driving, they finally hit a clearing. The sun was raising on the horizon. As the light hit the structure in the distance, color painted the sky. Carapace watched in wonder at the display as Caine pulled the vehicle next to the forest. After Carapace lept down from the vehicle, Caine covered it with the cover.

"Alright, this is your part Cara. I'll set up here and watch, take the form of one of those ponies and get in. As soon as you are in, contact me" Caine put a strong emphasis on that last part, handing the changeling a small device. "It's rigged to activate by your voice, simply say 'The Queen and Patriarch' and it will open communications with me."

"Right... Caine..." Carapace began before the infiltrator waved him off with a hand. The human faded into nothing before the changeling. "Be careful..."


The large group of humans and ponies finally made it to the edge of the forest, Canterlot was within sight. The vault hunters took a moment to admire the structure built into the mountain side before setting off once more. Twilight took an extra moment to watch the sun rise into the blue sky, admiring her mentors handiwork. Everything was quiet until...

"I'm hungry..." Brick groaned.

"You just ate three serving of breakfast Brick!" Lil sternly stated.

"I ate ten times that back with the slabs! I aint used to starving like this!" Brick complained again.

"And you don't think there will be food in the city?" Mordecai spoke up, Rainbow floating beside him with a confused look.

"Yeah, Horse food! Hey Pinkie, what do ponies eat?"

"I eat cake! and cupcakes! and candy! and..." Pinkie began to ramble.

"I need meat! Please don't tell me you don't eat meat..." Brick began to sob silently.

"Sorry to say it partner, but we ain't carnivores. Not many critters you can eat here without upsettin somepony" Applejack mentioned apologetically.

"There are fish, and I'm sure the market has plenty of fish..." Fluttershy mentioned softly.

"Bleh... I guess I can fry it..." Brick submitted.

"Just think Brick, this could be a good chance to start that diet you never talked about..." Mordecai snickered.

"Ha. Ha. Ha..." Brick sarcastically announced.

The large group traveled the path that led to Canterlot's front gates, the trek was long but relaxing. The vault hunters began to show signs of approval for this land the more they stayed, despite the lack of violence. Salvador even found a small rabbit to befriend, despite almost crushing it. His display of mania was ended abruptly by Fluttershy chewing him out.

"STOP RIGHT THERE MISTER!" Fluttershy sternly shouted as Salvador lifted his boot. "You think that because you are a big bad hunter guy that you can bully cute little animals and get away with it? And what would your mother think if she saw you? You need to apologize this instant!"

"Hah! This pony thinks she can scare me! Ill sho..." Fluttershy shot into Salvador's face and stared him dead in the eyes. The gunzerker tried his hardest to keep his cool but he could feel his resolve breaking down with each passing second.


They stared each other down for several minutes, beads of sweat rolling down each of their faces. Fluttershy began to turn red, almost certain she had met her match. The solid gaze of the gunzerker seemed to wane as she forced herself to continue. Finally Salvador gave in.

"Bah! I cannot take this anymore! It is like staring into the face of a monster!" Salvador crumbled as he knelt to the ground picking up the terrified rabbit. "I can't believe I'm doing this... I'm... s-s-s... ugh... I'm sorry little bunny!"

The vault hunters stood in awe as the bulky short man burst into tears over the rabbit. Fluttershy would have stood victorious if she were less kind. Instead she hovered down to the gunzerker and patted him on the back.

"There, there. You did a good thing Salvador, I'm very proud of you" Fluttershy smiled.

Salvador nodded as the pegasus patted his back, and in return he pet the rabbit. The rabbit in turn cuddled under his large hands before hopping up the path. Salvador smiled as he stood back up, Fluttershy still hovering above him with praise.

"If any of you tell ANYONE!" Salvador began but Fluttershy interrupted.

"Uh-uh-uh, you are to be nice from now on mister. You don't want me to Stare again do you?"

"Uh- but- ugh... No mam..."

The group continued onward towards the castle, eventually approaching the main gates. Krieg and Twilight led the group, and the armed guards allowed them all passage. The vault hunters seemed enthralled by the city, it's glamour and radiance were vastly superior to Sanctuary. Every pony agreed it was most important to get to the castle, then they would allow the new comers to explore the city. The large group traveled down a less traveled alley before being stopped by Krieg.

"I... smell something... Smells like... Hypocrisy... and defeat..." Krieg stated, everypony else unsure if he was sane or psycho.

"How the hell do you know what those smell like?" Lil asked.

"They smell like... fine wine... and cheap cologne..."

"It is the smell of a Gentlecolt you fiend, and I SHALL have my vengeance..."

Author's Note:

EPIC CLIFF HANGER! not really, I'm sure everyone knows whats next >.>

Just want to say, I thank you guys for the continued loyalty to my works. I guess loyalty is a good word for it, anyways I have been terrible busy between school, farm work, going broke, and hunting for jobs. No I am not trying to sound like my life sucks, it really is going fairly well. I'm just really busy. But it does help seeing people get enjoyment from my work. You guys are tots awesome and I love you all. Bro hooves for everyone