• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,092 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,092

Expected Betrayal

Psycho
Chapter Twenty Five

In the darkness the forgotten lands, more screams than normal filled the night. Many might see the acts going on as judgement on those deserving, the wicked earning their just reward. To others however, they may see a genocide. A race pushed to the very limits of survival, only to be picked out of the game we call life by those who wish to usurp power for themselves. Queen Chrysalis watched in fury as her people now dug in quarry's, or pulled carts of rock, or if they refused... killed.

The Queen figured Jack to be a monster, and how right she was. Had she of been on the other side of his manipulative hands, maybe she would have admired him. But for now, Jack has earned her ire. Oh what she would give to taste power again, she fondly remembered overpowering the all powerful Celestia! If only she still had a vessel of love, for the Queen hungered.

Looking down from her perch, a gruesome sight caught her watchful eye. Her dying race forced into slavery, digging for a vault she had never heard of. Whatever this thing was, it had to be powerful to gain the attention of that mad man. She watched as a group of her subjects rebelled against their machine overlords, and she watched them bravely fall in a hail of explosive fire. Every changeling that fell, further enraged the Queen. She felt she had no options though, it was either survive for the future or die...

Almost as if her deepest fears came to light, the Queen seemed to focus on a regular act of nature. She watched a moth fly through the room, clumsily fluttering through the air. It would have been cute, if it's destination wasn't so grim. The moth flew right into a spider's web hidden in the corner of her window, right into the spiders trap. It struggled to get free in vain, as the spider's web had gummed it's wings. Chrysalis watched the spider slowly crawl down the web, eager to consume it's prize. The Queens eyes grew as an idea crept like the spider down the web.

The trapped moth struggled more as the spider crept closer to it's prey. The spider closed on the moth, and as it came closer it's fangs pulled out to strike. Just as the spider was about to claim it's kill, a green aura of magic encased the moth. The moth was pulled from the web and from the clutches of the spider. Chrysalis pulled the moth to her in her own magical 'web' and made the moth dance in the air with her magic. A cruel grin crossed her face as she watched the moth struggle in her own trap. Out of the clutches of one predator, into the trap of another. Question was, will the new threat prove merciful?

Releasing the moth into the air, the Changeling Queen glowed a bright green before shaping herself into the tiny from of the moth. Out the window she flew, the machines targeting systems unable to pick up such a small creature. Chrysalis smiled to herself as she flew to the nearest city set on a mountain. Perhaps if Celestia also knew of this Jack... Maybe an alliance could be formed...

The Queen gave a quick glance back at her castle, and in so many words wished them luck. She knew with her absence more would die, but to preserve her race for the future... She hoped Celestia would at least listen to her plight.


The booth operator of The Crystal Empire's train station had a relatively off day. A day that just seemed to get worse and worse as it went on. Woke up way too early and went back to bed only to oversleep, his hay pancakes were overcooked and tasted like burnt hash browns, and to top it all off he caught his marefriend on the couch with another stallion... Again. Now he sat in his booth, trying to remain calm and get on with his day. His gruff mug indicated his displeasure of his job, but he had a couple filly's to care for and a marefriend who would rather spend the night with a stranger than help raise their foals. He took a mild joy in the fact that his shift was just about over.

The booth operator began to dose off on the final hour of his shift, starting to have those half dreams where things happen and seem so real but really they don't. He heard a train approaching, and he tried to snap back to reality. His reality was blown out of the water when he finally caught glimpse of the train. The back half of the rear car was blown into bits! The base of the car seemed scorched, and it looked nothing like the caboose of the train. In fact the train expected was supposed to be several more cars longer despite it's load of fifteen passengers. The booth operator was just about to approach the train for questions when he noticed the strange creature riding on the locomotive.

The creature was void of fur anywhere, with long gangly arms stretching into the sky with a strange weapon in it's hand. Wearing some kind of pants and footwear, he wore the conductors hat on top of his bald head. The booth operator was one short breath away from shouting for help when the strange creature beat him to the scream.

"ALL ABOARD THE SLAUGHTER TRAIN! LAST STOP END OF THE LINE!"

The pony in the booth closed the booth and blinded the shutters, then he stepped out the back of the booth and approached the clock out station. As he slid his clock out card through the machine, he sighed as he left the train station.

"Mother was right... I should have just stayed in school..."


Twilight and her friends knocked on the closed up booth for several minutes, wondering what had happened to the operator. The ponies looked between each other and exchanged confused glances.

"Maybe... they closed early today?" Rainbow suggested, hovering in the air above her friends.

"I don't think so, I thought I saw him closing up as we pulled in" Twilight added, then turned her head back to the train and the vault hunters. She sighed and covered her face with a hoof. "Or maybe he thought we were a bunch of psychos and ran off..."

"Sugar, if'n you saw a half exploded train on fire with that guy" Applejack pointed at Krieg who was still bucking on the locomotive screaming about poop trains, "Wouldn't you take a kin to runnin?"

"Yeah... I see your point, nopony in this city has ever seen a human before so... How are we going to get around with all these guys?" Twilight asked, already forming an idea but unsure of its effectiveness.

"Why not introduce them to everypony! It could be like a big party!" Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced around the group with joy.

"Pinkie darling, perhaps you forgot we are technically under attack. I doubt announcing our friends to an entire city that may be housing spies of a sort would be considered a good idea" Rarity stated, still a little stressed about her designer dresses lost in the fight.

"Hey Twilight, what about that changing spell? The one that can turn apples to oranges?" Rainbow asked curiously as she circled around her friends.

"Yes Rainbow, and I know what you are suggesting. I'm considering it myself, but I don't know if I have the power to do it..." Twilight responded.

"Needing some extra juice Twi?" The red haired siren spooked the whole group as she spoke, nopony expected her to be right there. "You forget already that you're a siren?"

"No, I haven't forgotten... I just don't know if I can apply my siren powers to my unicorn magic." Twilight sighed, but before she could continue her line of thought, Lilith shoved a hunk of eridium into her hooves.

"You need to stop thinkin sometimes and learn to just do" Lilith gave a slight smirk at Twilight. "Now, what was this 'changing' spell of yours?"

Twilight stared at the chuck of eridium for several moments, unaware of the other vault hunters closing in on the area until she looked up at Lilith again. Her pony friends backed away as the vault hunters watched eagerly to see how the unicorn would react to the rock. Twilight sighed and opened her mouth to speak.

"Before I do that again... let me explain what and why I'm doing this" Twilight began. "I don't know if you all realize this yet, but nopony here has ever seen a human before. My brother has met Krieg yes, but he left Canterlot for here before we found you all. In other words, nopony knows what you are or who you are. So to avoid any problems with locals, I'm going to try and change you all into ponies."

Each of the vault hunters looked at Twilight in a different way. Axton, Salvador, and Maya all looked like they were just smacked with a board, Krieg and Gaige seemed overly excited. Krieg was still insane for now, but Twilight figured his inner self would understand. Zer0 was the hardest to read, his faceplate glowing with three red dots... Lilith seemed eager to try it out and Brick shared the same shocked face as Mordecai.

"Don't worry, it won't be permanent. In fact I don't think I have enough power to keep it up long, maybe this eridium stuff will help. Anyways, we just have to get you to the castle and introduce you to Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. After that, I don't think I will need to keep the spell up."

"And why exactly are we getting turned into ponies? The rest of your kind didn't seem too freaked out by us" Mordecai asked, not exactly looking forward to any kind of change.

"Uh yeah, nothin against you or anything, but I'ma slab and slabs don't do cute..." Brick started.

"I'll remember that next time you get a puppy Brick" Mordecai smarted off at the berserker.

"That was low Cai... Real low..."

"Aight, enough jibber jabberin! The point of turnin ya'll into us pony folk is cause these ponies are scared, seein a bunch of aliens walkin about ain't gonna go well with the recent killins" Applejack snapped, annoyed by the vault hunters unwillingness. "Uh, sorry bout that... Habit."

"Right, so YOU ponies want to turn US into ponies because THOSE ponies might be terrified of us... Ugh... Fine, I'm game..." Mordecai submitted.

"Yeah, sure. Why not, I bet I'll be a kick ass pony! Flamin wings n shit" Lilith laughed as she thought of the pegasi.

"Well... fine... but only this once, and if ANY OF YOU tell my slabs about this..." Brick warned, leaving Twilight curious about these 'slabs'.

"THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! LIKE OH MY GOSH CAN YOU TOTS MAKE ME A PEGASUS!?" Gaige squeeled at the top of her lungs in excitement.

"AND I WILL BE THE PALE HORSE, RIDER OF DEATH! AND I SHALL BE CALLED BOW DUKE!" Krieg also screamed at the top of his lungs.

Really? ugh... Can I please have control back?

"NO! QUIT ASKING!"

"I guess if everyone is doin it... Screw it, ah'm in as well. Can ye make me a little taller than the rest though?" Salvador questioned Twilight spell seeking a personal desire to stand above everyone else around him.

"Damn, well I guess if Lil is doing it I'm in too" Maya smirked at the thought.

"Hell no..." Axton coldly stated.

"Axton..." Maya sighed.

"I am supposed to be pure awesomeness! Not some little pony in a little girls fantasy land!" Axton began, almost ready to storm out until Maya lifted him up into the air. "Hey! Let me down!"

"Appologize."

"Hell. No."

"Axton... I can rip you apart limb by limb should I choose."

"I would still prefer that over being a po-"

"How about some..." Maya winked at the commando who immediately turned red as he caught her hint.

"Damnit... Fine... I'm in..."

"Fantastic! Everypon- er... one gather round and I'll cast the spell!" Twilight leaped in excitement, a part of her was really wanting to use this spell but she knew she would not have the power to actually cast it. Now that she had this strange Eridium substance, maybe she could do it. The air grew heavy as her horn made contact with the rock, and as the rock dissipated into the siren unicorns horn everyone was engulfed in purple light.


Crissy was definitely being a tad bit more affectionate with Carapace, and apart from him just accepting the treatment everypony else in the group watched and snickered. Carapace caught Vinyl sneaking a peak behind her to see the mare walking right next to him, and always seemed to peak when she would 'bump' into him. That would cause him to blush and her to giggle. Vinyl would then lean and whisper to Octavia and both of them would giggle among themselves. Each moment however was ruined for Crissy whenever Claptrap would speak.

"I love you guys! You are great!"

"UGH!" All three mares would say in unison, every time. Without fail.

Carapace would simple smile at his fortune, this happened a few times until Crissy spotted a small outdoors dinner. Realizing she was hungry, along with Vinyl and Octavia, she thought to invite them all to eat with her. Her treat of course. Everypony agreed, well except Carapace who only went to stick with the crowd. Claptrap joined as well... of course...

"Umm, if you all don't mind I would like to pay. I don't personally know you two but Carey here was really kind to me before" Crissy smiled as she leaned towards Carapace.

"Oh yeah, thats cool. I didn't know you were so generous Crissy!" Vinyal barely got out of her mouth before her face was buried in her menue.

"Yes, quite. Thank you Crisy!" Octavia announced her pleasure at the treat as well, leaning over towards Carapace. "Carey, this lovely mare is treating you to lunch! Hint hint poke poke!"

"He he... yeah..." Carapace winced, hoping to play off as the shy type. Octavia seemed unimpressed.

With a subtle shove, the grey earth mare shoved Carapace right up next to Crissy. Both him and her glowed bright red in embarrassment. Carapace gave a feint smile as the crystal mare beside him returned it, he had to admit that he did feel good to be so close to her. He scooted away with a cough.

"*ahem* Sorry about that Crissy, I uh... seemed to have tripped..." Carapace shot a glare at Octavia who simply smiled back.

The four of them stayed and ate for a couple hours, talking and enjoying the time they spent together. Carapace began to grow more comfortable around Crissy, he even found a couple friendly souls in Vinyl and Octavia. He only hoped that he could complete his mission without ruining what he had built up to this point...

Author's Note:

Yes, the vault hunters pretending to be ponies. What can be better? Nothing that's what! Anyways, so a reader of this fic mentioned to me that he saw this fic in the featured box a while back ago. At least he thought he did, I'm not aware if Psycho has ever been featured (However I would be as giddy as a schoolgirl if it did) but just curious if anyone else saw it there at anytime. Anyways again, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! There was a lot I wanted to get in this one so >.> it's a longer one.