• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 9,091 Views, 847 Comments

Psycho - Bishibosh the Shaman



Krieg is a psycho, a terrible creation with destructive potential. He was not always this way, once there was a man inside his mind. What happened to that man? Perhaps he just went... to a happier place.

  • ...
26
 847
 9,091

Before it all...

Psycho
Chapter Thirty

Caine landed at his small hovel he made out to snipe from, only just now feeling the impact of the strange sound wave weapons used against him. He could feel his muscles and innards tensing up inside him, the searing pain leading him to believe there was much internal damage. His boots hit the ground as the stream of rocket fire was ended, but the infiltrator fell on all fours as he landed. The pain was intense, very close to wounds he had suffered before. Digging in the ground revealed a dull grey case, yellow paint shreds scattered around it. Finding the button on the side of the box, Caine pressed and watched the device unfold out revealing a dark red substance within a syringe.

Thrusting the needle into his chest, he felt the warm fluid flow directly into his vital organs. The stinging pain was quickly forgotten as the warmth of healing agents worked on mending the torn muscle sinew. Caine rolled over on the soft ground, he groaned as his healing muscles relaxed. His mind drifted while he lay there, feeling the inevitable high that came from his 'special' mix. His hand lowered to his Echo mounted on his hip, but as he pulled the device from his belt his mind went black. The drugs in his mix taking hold of him.


"Please state your name and identification" The feminine voice suggested as Caine stood before the large golden door.

"Agent Longshot" The infiltrator stated as he presented his badge.

"Badge accepted, welcome Agent Longshot. Handsome Jack is expecting you" The voice chimed once more as the door folded inside itself.

Caine stepped into the finely furnished room. He took a moment to take in the splendor of Opportunity, more so the idea it represented. A grim smile crept on his lips as he filled his mind with glorious battle, the thought of wiping the bandit presence off Pandora forever. It made his cold heart yearn for the blood. Yet here he was, in the physical embodiment of what he fought for. A certain pride filled him as he strode across the room, his gaze settling upon a tall chair facing away from him.

"Do you know what I see out there?" The figure in the chair spoke in a calm, yet authoritative tone. Caine felt a deep reverence wash over him. "Beyond those walls, the untamed lands of Pandora... I see so much... Promise, so much wealth, but you know what else I see?"

The chair turned around, and the tall man sitting there stood up from it. Without making eye contact, he strode across the room towards a large window overlooking Opportunity. The sun was setting, lighting up the city with a golden orange glow. Caine watched his glorious leader as the sun beamed through the window, seeming to ignite the image of Handsome Jack in a bright orange radiance.

"I see... Ungrateful bandits..." Jack coldly stated towards the window. "Look at what I offer. Opportunity is what I offer; wealth, peace, freedom! And yet they reject it... So what do we do to bandits who reject me?"

"We crush them" Cold and calculated, Caine spoke bold and true.

"Yes. Agent Longshot, I've got a very important mission for you. How do you feel about birds?"


The Preserve. Where Jack claims to use slag experimentation to further medicinal sciences and what not, in truth it's just where he uses eridium to mutate whatever he can. Mordecai came to retrieve a software upgrade for Claptrap, Bloodwing perched on his shoulder. The rare species of bird, ever vigilant, seemed to be on edge. More so that usual, so much that Mordecai took notice. He simply raised a hand to calm his bird, who cooed with a moment of bliss before returning to her watchful stance.

The man and his bird continued down their path, both still very aware of their stalkers. Mordecai kept his hand close to his revolver. Rather than shouldering his sniper rifle, best to keep their pursuers guessing after all. The hunter spotted a small valley along the path. If he was going to get jumped, it would be there.

Mordecai soon found himself at the base of the valley. Almost as soon as he felt the dirt hit the base of his boots, a soft snap echoed through the valley. The hunter immediately gripped his Jakobs revolver and pulled it towards the sound. Several blasts from the revolver dropped two hyperion assassins to the hot earth beneath them. As they both fell however, several more rose from the folds in the earth.

"Go girl! Take 'em out!" Mordecai shouted as Bloodwing left his shoulder and took to the skies. The vicious bird shot to the skies, and floated there for a short moment before diving down.

Bloodwing's claws shot out just in time to dig into the skull of an engineer, who fell with screams of agony. The bird then shot from the engineers face towards another hyperion agent. Mordecai took out three more hyperion soldiers before realizing both him and Bloodwing were surrounded. He watched as his bird flew over him and dove into a cluster of soldiers, clearing out a path way for him to escape. The hunter took the chance and darted forward, trusting that his bird was close behind him.

The bullets whistling passed him, Mordecai slid down into a nearby ditch. Shouldering his rifle, the hunter snapped his head up only to wish he hadn't.

"Bloodwing! Where are ya girl!?" Mordecai shouted, noticing he was no longer being chased. Also noticing his bird was now gone. "Shit! Come on girl! It's fine now!"

The hunter shot out of the ditch and climbed his way up a cliff side and into a cave overlooking the surrounding area. Taking a peak through his scope, he saw just what he was looking for. He saw the small envoy of hyperion soldiers escorting an over sized cage, Bloodwing raging inside. The hunter felt a jolt of rage at seeing his best friend like this, but his scope moved on. Now it focused on the leader of the group, a pale man with a wicked grin. The hunter spat as he holstered his rifle.

"If Jack thinks he's gettin me this easily... Don't you worry Blood... I'll get ya out..."


Caine opened his eyes to find himself sprawled out on the ground. The empty case infront of him and the shattered syringe telling him everything he needed to know about what happened. Slowly, the hyperion infiltrator rose to his feet. In his hand was his Echo communicator, and he knew exactly what needed to happen. His thumb pressed down on the transmit button.

"Start the attack... It's time."

Author's Note:

Just a little back story to set the mood for the attack, also setting up a particular encounter I wish to take advantage of >.>

Mainly my goal was to get you all to hate Caine even more, or love him I guess. That is if you are into that kinda thing.

Anyways so here it is! The big Three Zero! Also 200+ likes ^.^ Thanks a bunch guys for the likes/favs/comments. They make writing this stuff so much better. And as always, I hope you enjoy my work and leave your comments below!