• Published 9th May 2013
  • 445 Views, 0 Comments

Never Forgiven - DragonassasslnGR



After the Dark Libra inisdent, Luna finds herself the mother of Cassies and Sereen. Now her two twin foals. But somepones can't forgive Cassius for what happened and others seek his power for their own. One even seeks the power his journal and e

  • ...
4
 0
 445

The End And A New Beginning

It had been two days since the battle at the Altar Of The Guardians, and the pegasi had scheduled Canterlot to have a rainy day as requested by Princess Celestia herself. Everypony sat on the chairs that were available or stood around as Celestia prepared to give her speech. Luna stood beside her on Celestia's right with Sereen sitting under her and Cassius to her right. He was looking down and his wings were covering Luna and Sereen from the rain. Twilight was on Celestia's left as she scanned the crowd. Fire Heart was sitting with Corona, Xilas, and Lizzie in the far back. Apples sat in the front, Soarin sat with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders took up two rows behind them, Spike and Angel Bunny sat as close to the front as possible, the remaining Elements of Harmony bearers were scattered with their loved ones, and nearly the entire town of Ponyville was in the courtyard for the speech. Rainbow Dash was wearing Applejack's hat out of respect for her.

Behind Celestia were five coffins of the only four ponies and a changeling to die from their injuries in combat and had a body that could be recovered, but only one was currently open. Luna had asked for it to be to let the ponies of Equestria know who had given their life and more to save all of them. Applejack sat in the center of the the others with her eyes closed, to everypony, it looked as though she was just asleep.

Celestia began, "Equestria has faced so much in the last 10 years. My dearest sister had returned to all of us, Discord had joined the battle for harmony, The changeling invasion and the freeing of the Crystal Empire. We survived the Dark Libra incident and now the have lost so much to end the Last Alicorn War. Some can never be forgiven for their action, others gave everything for those they loved. We owe them so much, but everything must come to an end. We lay them to rest as heroes, loyal allies, companions, friends and family. Each one of them were all of these and so much more. Now we say, rest from your long journey."

Everypony bowed her head in silence as Celestia stepped aside and Luna took her place to say her piece, "We have all suffered greatly, some more than others. I personally have lost two dear friends to this fight. Constance was a good friend and caretaker. She had ran back inside the fighting and saved the lives of two ponies that had been nearly killed by the unicorn known as Flamearch and had given the pegasus Lizzy a second chance at the cost of her own life. Applejack, she had many things to live for. One that she kept secret from myself and my sister.

She sacrificed herself to save Cassius and helped to end the killing and to stop a prophecy from coming true. She was a friend to everypony she met and even acted as a second mother to my children when she was here at Canterlot Castle. As my way for saying thank you and honoring her memory, I am going to do all I can for the Apple family, Starting with removing any and all taxes from the land and property along with sending Canterlot guards and workers to help with maintaining the farm and orchards."

Big Macintosh held Fluttershy closely as she began to cry for her friend. Rainbow Dash pulled the rim of the hat over her eyes and tried to fight her tears. Blue Blood pulled in Rarity and the two looked on in silence. Pinkamena Diane Pie looked to the ground as she allowed both personalities to be present for the speech as Pound and Pumpkin Cake sat on both sides of her, the three of them held onto each other comfort. Pinkie Pie cried for both Applejack and Constance as she remembered the time she spent with both of them. Twilight looked to Cassius to see his reaction, he looked down at the damp grass of the courtyard. The rings in his eyes glowed faintly in the darkened light. Luna stepped back and ushered Twilight to step forward and take the podium.

Twilight did just that, "I have met many ponies in the last few years, and I am glad to call Applejack as one of my best friends. I am proud to call her one of my closest friends. I am happy I was able to meet Constance and work with her for the last year. Both of them shared some of the same qualities, loyal, reliable, honest, trustworthy, friends. They will be missed, all of the them will be missed. for those that could not be recovered from the fighting, we will erect a plaque with their names to honor them. On behalf of everypony here, I thank you for coming and honoring the fallen with us."

With that Twilight stepped down and walked away. Everypony got up and said their last goodbyes to Applejack and the others. Twilight walked over to a unicron covered in bandages, his brown mane and tale soaked from the rain. She gave him a very faint smile before holding him softly as not to upset his wounds.

He spoke softly, "I'm sorry we didn't arrive in time to save her Twilight. I did my best."

She kissed him, "We did everything we could Shadowheart... I just wish we could get them back."

Shadowheart looked up, "Did Rainbow Dash tell you what Applejack was hiding from all of you?"

Twilight began to cry again, "Yes she did, she told all of us back on the train when i was trying to keep you alive. I found him by the way. He is here and Rainbow is going to tell him like Applejack wanted her to."

Twilight and Shadowheart watched as Rainbow Dash gave her husband a hug and walked over to a black pegasus who was standing over Applejack's coffin. His wings covered his cutie mark and he was about as large a Cassius. His mane and tail were white and his eyes were a dazzling silver. He wore a necklace on with a metal emblem in the shape of Applejack's cutie mark.

*************************************************

Everypony watched as the caskets were being lowered into the ground and the guards raised their forelegs in a salute. The unicorn guards fired energy bolts in the sky for the 21 Unicorn Salute to honor their fallen comrades. The elements of harmony watched as the final chapter of this long battle was coming to its close with the memory of Applejack, Constance, and the others.

Cassius kept his eye on Applejack’s casket as the guards began to bury it.

The ring in his eye that represented her was dark, but it held a faint light that was from her.

Everypony left as the sun came down leaving Cassius and Luna in the light of the moon.

They looked at the head stones in silence as the clouds blocked patches of the moon light. Luna looked to Cassius, the light bending away from him as he just stared at the stone before him.

He spoke in a whisper, "Mother, Why can't I bring her back?"

Luna leaned into her son, "My Mother wanted this to happen. Cassius, she has her ways and this was a test to Equestria. She willingly gave life to save all of us. We were to lose this battle Cassius. Mother Mare asked her to give herself to save the rest. Applejack being who she is saved you and in return Equestria."

Cassius closed his eyes and slammed a hoof to the ground in frustration, "Mother, I have been able to reverse the veil of death before. I know why she did it. my question is, why can't I bring her back?"

Luna looked to her moon, "I don't know. Mother doesn't want to give her back to us this time, or Applejack does not want to come back. I can't say which."

Cassius looked into Luna's eyes, "But she was with a foal. Why wouldn't 'she want to come back. Why would Mother Mare not want to give her back?"

Luna held her son close, "I can't say for sure Cassius. I was told something long ago by my sister, it is only the body that dies not the soul. You of all ponies should know this lesson well.

As for her foal, It was given second chance and the Element of Honesty will be received through her. All you have to do is wait then you can protect her like you did with me so many years ago."

Cassius returned Luna's hug, "Who is the mother?"

"Well the father is Shadowheart, why don't you tell me who the mother will be." Luna said with a smile. "You know Applejack hasn't Left this world yet, right?"

The gray Alicorn Smiled as he looked to the head stone and saw the apparition leaning on her own grave marker, "Yes, I know. We will be spending some time together while I wait."

"She was given permission to see her friends and give her last goodbyes before passing. Make your peace, then help her make hers. After all Cassius, you are still the

Nocturnal Guardian. Its your job to see she passes to the Eternal Herd." Luna gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving the two in her moonlight.

Cassius smiled as he would help end the tale that almost claimed all of Equestria. In his eyes, the ponies that had perished were heroes. They gave everything to save him and everypony else. As most would age and die, he would remember the days that had passed and the ponies he would forever call his friends. Cassius looked to the castle to see every light dark, except one, Princess Twilight Sparkle and future Prince Shadowheart's room. Even from there he could see the silhouettes of the two embracing one another. Cassius couldn't help chuckle, he knew what was going to happen to them in less than a year. From the looks of it, his waiting had just gotten shorter.

"Well Applejack, I think I owe Fire Heart a few bits." Cassius muttered to the apparition.

"Life will begin a new and the royal family has just gotten a little bigger."

********************************************************

Crystal Glare was sitting on a balcony somewhere in the castle. He was waiting for Xilas to finish her visit with her mother. He had given her time to get to know her mother and have some actual fun in a world at peace before going back home. He watched Cassius and Luna in the courtyard. The moon shined brightly on the balcony as Crystal Glare heard footsteps behind him. He turned to see the orange mare with a smile on her muzzle.

Crystal smiled back, “ Did you have a good time?”

She walked next to him, “Well I helped save Equestria, I had a blast. Thank you Crystal Glare.”

He raised an eyebrow, “For?”

She leaned into him and looked at the moon, “Everything. We saved the future.”

He followed her gaze, “I hope we did. Are you ready to go home?”

Xiles took in the sights one last time, “Yes, I am ready.”

Crystal Glare and Xilas walked to the ballroom and to a large mirror that hung on the wall. Crystal Glare held onto Xilas as he pressed his hoof to it’s sleek surface. It molded around his hoof and the two passed through , back to her time. The world was in a state of morning and renewal. The last Alicorn war was finally over, now the ponies of Equestria could finally relax, for now.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment