• Published 9th May 2013
  • 444 Views, 0 Comments

Never Forgiven - DragonassasslnGR



After the Dark Libra inisdent, Luna finds herself the mother of Cassies and Sereen. Now her two twin foals. But somepones can't forgive Cassius for what happened and others seek his power for their own. One even seeks the power his journal and e

  • ...
4
 0
 444

Race To The Altar

Applejack was sitting next to Rarity catching up after not seeing her in a few months.
Rarity had gotten a big opportunity to move shop in Canterlot and she took it.
She had a very enriching time and was now engaged to a stallion who was a skilled craftsman and owned a well known workshop. Applejack had noticed that her scar from her first fight with Twilight had healed nicely, but Rarity was insisting on covering it up with a scarf.

Applejack still couldn't see the problem with letting others see old wounds, In her mind it was a way to show one's character. If you had scars then you were a hard worker.
She had managed to collect her own from a farming accident that nearly killed her last applebuck season.

A tree had been damaged from a lightning storm the pegasi had scheduled. Applejack didn't notice, she went right ahead and bucked it to get the apples down. The tree gave more than apples that day, the whole thing fell on her and nearly crushed the orange mare. If Big Mac wasn't there that day, she would have died before they reached the hospital. Her left side was scared from the branches puncturing her side and the bones being knocked into organs.
Her death was avoided thanks to him and a team of unicorn doctors from Canterlot that Twilight had sent to them. The story of that day made Rarity literally pass out from the very vivid description of the injures. Applejack couldn't help but laugh at her friends weak stomach.
She decided to leave Rarity in her chair and headed over to Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.

"Hay A.J.!" Rainbow Dash called waving a hoof around.

She became the Wonder Bolts head coach after Spitfire gave her the position. Rainbow Dash had lead them to heights of new found fame. She let her mane become more tame over the years, but she still had the fire for competition in her heart. Applejack had heard stories that she was getting more aggressive in her time as coach as well. Yelling to herself and the members of her team, getting into fights for no reason, an incident with a reporter that involved him almost falling off of Cloudsdale. These were just stories that were not proven, but for this to come to Sweet Apple Acres concerned the skilled rancher pony. The two had always seen each other every weekend when the Wonder Bolts weren't on tour to some town in Celestia knows where. In fact the whole group would always meet on Saturdays every week if they could help it.
This however, was not one of those days.

"Rainbow Dash, you were late last night. Applebloom and Scootaloo had left to get the cake from Sugar Cube Corner for your performance at Libra Banquet. Now we still have half a cake left. Speaking of, here you are Fluttershy." Applejack reached into her saddlebag and gave Fluttershy a slice of the cake that sat inside a plastic zip lock bag on a plate.

"Thank you Applejack." Fluttershy replied in a soft voice as she took the piece and placed it on the table in front of them. "Would you like to have a seat with us?"

"Why I'd love too." the orange earth pony said as she took a seat in next to Rainbow Dash.
"So, what were you two talking about over here?"

Rainbow looked over to Fluttershy who smiled warmly and nodded at her. The rainbow pegasi's gaze found Applejack and a large mischievous grin was clearly visible on her muzzle.

"Well it's no secret that you brother and Fluttershy here have been dating after Cheerilee moved away four years ago." Rainbow started.

"Ya, Big Mac was heart broken, but he was glad to find out she still was teaching and making a difference. The two have stayed friends and write to each other every year."

"Well, He proposed to Fluttershy before we left last night!" Rainbow said in joy.

"He did!? Already!?" Applejack exclaimed. " He said he was going to later in the year.
Well, what did you say?"

Fluttershy blushed, "I said yes."

"Congratulations Fluttershy. I'm so happy for you." Applejack said with glee.

"Thank you Applejack, I'm very happy too." Fluttershy looked out the window of the car.
"Um, Do you know where we are going?"

They had left the train station as per princess Luna's orders only a few hours ago.
The land outside looked barren and lifeless as they headed south in the armored train that was noticeably travailing faster than most trains.

"You know sugar cube, that is a good question." Applejack said following her gaze.

*************************************************

Liz was sitting on a bench in a train that The Faithless commandeered, using heavily armored earth ponies. The where on there way to the altar with Cassius and the dying Flamearch in the back car. This whole time he was being kept alive by the determination and kindness of a young unicorn that could destroy anypony on the train ten times over. It made most of the ponies aboard the train nervous and for good reason. Liz looked out the window and wondered if they would make it in time to save him. She didn't want to think of what would happen if he was gone from her life. She got out of her seat and walked past two ponies that stood watch at the door. They opened the doors as she approached them and gave a quick salute. Liz nodded and passed from car to car making her way to the final one in the chain as the train raced for their destination.

Eventually she made it to the car of her desire. The doors were guarded by more ponies than the rest of the train, even the engine had fewer ponies on watch. The two armored guards took one glance at her before stepping aside and opening the reinforced metal doors. Inside was a single bed, a few chairs, table, and two unicorns. Flamearch laid in a bed with Cassius laying on the edge keeping him alive with his magic. Liz had to put him under with some medical supplies meant for surgery so he wouldn't be in constant pain on the trip. For some reason unbeknownst to her, Flamearch's wounds refused to heal on their own or with magic. The only reason he hadn't died yet was Cassius.

The young unicorn looked to her, the rings in his eye were glowing again, "Liz, I'm so sorry for what I did. I tried to help keep everypony safe, but I hurt Flamearch instead."

Cassius was crying for what he did to his new friends. Out of all of the injuries from the explosion, Flamearch's was the worst. It was the only one that could not be healed and no pony knew how to save him without the altar and Cassius. Time was running out for him because sooner or later Cassius would pass out from extreme exhaustion from over use of his magic.

Liz sat in a chair next to them, "It's alright Cassius, you saved many lives. If you didn't make the barrier, many more ponies would be dead right now. Just try your best to keep him with us, please."

Cassius nodded and went back to work on Flamearch. The train roared down the tracks as it gained more speed. The ponies at doors watched Liz and Cassius without a sound.
They all sat in silence for a while before Cassius broke it.

"Shady grove, my little love, shady grove I know. Shady grove my little love, I'm bound for the shady grove." he sang softly.

Liz perked up at the song, "Cassius, Where did you hear that song?"

With a soft smile her replied, "Constance sang it to me and my sister. It is her favorite Hearts and Hooves day song. It has a few meanings but it was adopted into the holiday."

"Okay, so what meaning are you using?" she asked.

Without looking away he replied, "I'm using the meaning that if I have too, I will jump into the darkness I control, to bring him back for you.
We just need to get to that place you were talking about."

The pegasus was touched but was about to interject when Cassius continued the song, "I wish I had a piece of thread as fine as I could sew, I'd sew much love to my side, and down the road I'd go."

Liz sighed heavily, "Shady grove, my little love, shady grove I know. Shady grove my little love, I'm bound for the shady grove."

both of them sang together, "Shady grove, my little love, shady grove I say. Oh, shady grove my little love, don't wait for the judgement day."

The two sang the song trying to pass the time and keep spirits up for what was going to be a very painful experience if they failed. This was going to be a long ride and a the end of the line was the face that would change the world.

*****************************************************
Sereen stood next to Constance at the castle gate waiting for Princess Luna to arrive so they could get on the next train and follow the rest of the soldiers to the altar. It was already being loaded with supplies from weapons to food. Sereen was humming to herself as she swayed from side to side trying desperately to relieve her boredom. Constance sat on a bench nursing her foreleg as she applied new bandages. Her leg was healing nicely, but it still needed to be place in fresh wrappings every two days or so according to the doctors. Constance was thinking about her encounter with Flamearch in the ally and how Pinkie Pie saved her life. She still couldn't get over her how quickly she changed moods and acted like nothing happened.
When she saw Pinkie Pie at the Altar of The Guardians with the others she would finally get a chance to say thank you to her.

"Constance look! It's mommy!" Sereen exclaimed with joy that the boredom was finally gone.

Princess Luna was walking to the train with two of her personal royal guards. The lack of sleep showed on their faces as the followed close behind her. Constance quickly tied what she had of her bandages, shot out of her seat and to her hooves using care, not to put too much pressure
on her left foreleg. Luna waved a hoof to her and entered a light trot.

"Constance, you need not strain yourself to keep protocol." Luna said as she came to a stop in front of the two.

"I am fine you highness, my leg has healed. The doctor only said I need to be careful with it and change the wrappings every so often." she said applying only a small amount of weight to it and nearly falling over.

One of the guards flew over to her and caught her before she hit the ground, "Your highness, I think she should stay. If she goes with us she will be a liability instead of an asset."

Luna looked at Constance with a saddened expression at the facts before her.

Constance couldn't believe what she was seeing. Princess Luna was considering her ability to go with them and get Cassius without endangering every pony with them. If she was unable to go and help get him back Constance would never be able to live with herself.

"Please princess, don't do this. I have to go with you and get him back. I can walk and even gallop if need be. Please let me go with you." The yellow unicorn pleaded.

Luna looked her over again trying to find a reason she would be able to go with them and help. The sight of Constance in this condition worried the princess of the night.

"Please don't have me stay here. It was my fault they got the journal and Cassius. Princess, let me make it right. I still have my magic. I can help." Constance was starting to tear up.

Luna thought for a moment then finally answered, "Constance, you have done many wonderful things in your time with me. You have never let me down once. I trust your judgment and I want you honest word on this. Do you think you can come and actually help with anything?"

The yellow unicorn paused for a second and thought it out.

"Princess Luna, I can't give you an answer. I can give you a promise, I will help. I know a few spells that may or may not have been from the journal that can counter to his shadow magic and it’s influence. I can teach the unicorns here to use them." Constance said with a large grin as she lifted her head.

Luna returned the smile and walked passed them, "Come on everypony we have to get Cassius back. Sereen, Lets go an play a game while we wait for the others to finish out here."

"Coming mommy!" she called as she galloped to Luna's side.

Luna loved it when she was able to play with her daughter. Being that the two slept at different times of the day, the little time they spent together meant the most to both of them. This was one of the times they could comfort each other in a way that, from the briefest moment, all of their cares vanished and it was just the two of them in perfect bliss.

Everypony hustled to lead the train with the last of the supplies. Luna, Constance, and Sereen were placed in the center car as the troops filled in the rest. After ten minutes, the remaining ponies were locked in and the train was on its way to the Altar Of The Guardians.

***************************************************************

Pinkie Pie's head was pounding and the voice that resided within was strangely silent. Ever since Cassius opened her eyes with the shadow magic, she had heard a voice that sounded like her own, but it didn't act like her. She had tried to repress it and to her knowledge she did just that. Some days she blacked out for a moment when doing so and suffering a bit of memory loss. Mr. Cake had told her it must have been because of the sweats she ate on a regular basis that was making her experience a massive sugar rush.

Pinkie Pie tried to move, but found that she was held in place on a bed with leather straps that tied around the beds mattress. A bunny with horns on it's head looking at her with a warm smile. Normally the party pony would babel away about the strange creature, but she was so drained of her natural energy that she could only manage a weak chuckle. She tried to turn over to lay on her side, but the binds held her firmly to the mattress. Seeing that the pink pony was uncomfortable, the bunny jumped into action and was about to loosen the straps when Fire Heart walked in and stopped her.

"No Jackie, leave her like that for now." he said sternly.

Jackie gave him a form of puppy dog face in an attempt to change his mind.

He narrowed his eyes in disappointment, "Jackie, I said no. We don't know what she is capable of or what Crystal messed with in her. I'm not going to take any chances, especially not after the bar fight and what Shadow told me."

The jackalope raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Fire Heart looked over to Pinkie Pie who also shared the same look as Jackie. The two of them wanted to hear the story.

He sighed and sat on a chair next to a table in the corner of the room, "She was given a gift from Nightshade six years ago Jackie. Before I found you Jackie, there was a war between the Nocturnal Guardian and Princess Celestia that nearly killed her and Mother Mare the Queen of Equestria. His magic was getting stronger with every waking moment and his influence on the hearts of ponies was literally dividing families. He was eventually defeated by The two princesses, the spirit of Chaos, Queen Rosetta, Princess Twilight Sparkle and the power of the Elements of Harmony. She was one of his five bearers of his Elements Of Chaos which so happens they were also the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. She was the most deadly of them all, Pinkamena Diane Pie the Dark Assassin."

Both Jackie and Pinkie Pie's eyes went wide at the accusation. The jackalope looked at Pinkie with a hint of fear and hopped out of the room. Fire Heart stayed in his seat and just looked at Pinkie Pie.

"So how do you feel?" he asked.

Pinkie didn't answer, instead she just stared back at him.

"Well, okay then." Fire heart said as he got up and walked to her.

He began to undo the binds that held her in place, "Look, we are leaving now and heading to an old altar that rests a few miles away from this town. Your friends are on their way to meet us there along with some... colorful ponies that may want to kill us."

Pinkie tried to mouth the words that would let her protest but she was unable to form the words.

Instead she managed a very, very low, "Why?"

Fire Heart stopped and looked into her eyes, "They have Cassius and we are trying to get him back."

At that moment Pinkie Pie heard the voice again. It was just as weak as her and for once in a long time it agreed with her thoughts.

"We need to save him. He needs us now more than ever Pinkie Pie."
It said as though it was in pain.

"Where have you been? Why are you agreeing with me? You always want me to do horrible things to my friends and everypony I meet, why do you care now?" she thought as Fire Heart went back to untying her.

The voice was quiet for a few seconds, "Some things are bigger than us Pinkie Pie. I may appear to you as being a monster in you eyes, but I am still loyal to Cassius Nightshade. I am bound to protect him and fulfill his wishes as his bearer of the Chaos Element of Sorrow.
You are his friend and the bearer of the Harmony Element of Laughter. We both have a duty to get him back safe."

The bindings came off and Pinkie Pie slowly got out of the bed with help from Fire Heart. He had her lean on him all the way to the kitchen.

"Pinkie Pie, I am willing to help you. I am too weak to take over and fight for us. But if you let me, I can guide you in a fight when the time comes. you need to just let go and give me room to work." Said her voice.

"What do I call you?" Pinkie Pie whispered out loud.

Fire Heart looked to her and said his name thinking she was talking to him.

The voice spoke softly, "I am Pinkamena Diane Pie, Cassius's Dark Assassin."

The two made it down the stairs and into the kitchen where others were waiting with the bags for the trip. Xilas looked over to them and instantly burst into shadows and lunged at Pinkie Pie. Before anypony could react to the sudden outburst from the pegasus, Pinkie Pie pushed off of Fire Heart and ducked. Xilas slammed into the wall with a shadow blade that pinned her to it. Pinkie felt a sudden burst of energy that felt rejuvenating and gave her complete awareness of her surroundings. Her thoughts were focused on one thing however, a quick end to this attack. She looked around and found a knife that was used to cut vegetables earlier resting on the counter. She made a mad dash for it as Xilas dispelled the blade, freeing herself and conjured it again for another attack. Just before she could fully turn and swing at the earth pony, Pinkie Pie had turned with the knife and throw it at Xilas. It found it's way into her wing pinning her to the wall again. A cry of pain left the pegasus as Pinkie Pie covered her muzzle with her hooves.

"I am so sorry about that. I just let go and now you are hurt and I must look like a meany right now. Please forgive me, I just didn't want to get hit by that creepy blade you were attacking me with. Oh please don't hold that against me I didn't mean it." Pinkie Pie started to apologize as everypony in the room, even Xilas looked at her in shock.

"Pinkie Pie, How did you do that?" Twilight asked as she used her magic to remove the knife from Xilas's wing.

Shadowheart placed himself between her and Pinkie Pie as to keep what little peace remained as he healed her would and calmed her down.

Pinkamena called from with him her mind, "Don't let them know I still alive. If they do, then we won’t be able to save Cassius. Tell them it was instinct that saved you."

Pinkie Pie looked at Twilight, "Um... my pinkie sense."

Twilight just nodded in acceptance instead of trying to find out more.
Trying to figure out her pinkie sense was like trying to figure out Pinkie Pie herself.
It just couldn't be done.

Moments passed before Xilas had calmed herself and dispelled her shadows.

Shadowheart placed a hoof on her shoulder, "Why did you attack her?"

Xilas looked him in the eye, "She was the one that kill you using her shadow powers."

Shadowheart looked over to Pinkie Pie, "Crystal gave them to you Xilas. The future is changing, we can win and get Cassius back. Now, do we have everything ready?"

He looked to Fire Heart who replied, "Yes, I just need to tell Corona I'm leaving with you so she can take care of Jackie while we are gone. I will meet you at the wagon."

Shadowheart nodded and looked back to Xilas, "We are all on the same side here, we are going to fight together. Now lets go and meet the pony who is taking us to the altar."

The group headed out of Fire Heart's house and went their separate ways to make final preparations before embarking on their trip that would only take a day to make it to the altar. Pinkie Pie looked into the cloudy sky above and thought of Rainbow Dash. This was going to be a hard battle that would change them all, she only hoped that in the end they would all stay friends.