• Published 9th May 2013
  • 444 Views, 0 Comments

Never Forgiven - DragonassasslnGR



After the Dark Libra inisdent, Luna finds herself the mother of Cassies and Sereen. Now her two twin foals. But somepones can't forgive Cassius for what happened and others seek his power for their own. One even seeks the power his journal and e

  • ...
4
 0
 444

The Mercenary And The Alliance

Ponyville was as busy as it ever was. Ponies were off to do their jobs of the day to earn their fair share of bits. Nopony noticed the new face in town with a large amount of bags on his side.
A unicorn with a white coat and dark brown mane and tail was walking in the direction of Canterlot. His cutie mark was a silver shield with a black sword laying over it. An old gray satchel rested on his left side as the sword lay on his right covered by a cloth that only let the hoof clamp stick out.
Something quickly caught his attention as he walked past a flower stand. His stomach was rumbling for something the fill the void inside of it. He sighed and looked around for the nearest place to get a bite to eat. His last meal was a day ago since he started to traveling to Canterlot. He spied a gingerbread building with a sign that read "Sugar Cube Corner".

The doors opened slightly and a voice called to the new face, "Welcome to Sugar Cube Corner. My name is Pumpkin Cake, how may I help you today?"

The source of the sound was a young Boston cream yellow unicorn filly.

"Yes, do you have anything that can last a few days?" asked the white unicorn.

"Well I will have to ask Pinkie Pie. Give me one moment please." Pumpkin said as she levitated herself off a stool and walked into the back of the bakery.

The white unicorn looked around to see no other visitors were inside the building itself, except for the few that were sitting outside at some tables under an awning. The sound of hooves walking towards him refocused his attention.

"Pumpkin I'm sure I can make a muffin that will last..." a pink pony was saying, but stopped as she saw the unicorn. "Pumpkin, could you get your brother and take the rest of the day off. Go and see the music show in the park, I think Vinyl Scratch is playing today."

Pumpkin jumped with joy as she galloped off. Moments later a sound of the from door slamming shut, rang in the store. The pink pony walked over to the front door and locked it.
She then closed the blinds and walked back to the counter while never breaking eye contact with him. She placed her hooves under the counter and pulled out a mixing bowl with batter in it.

Her hair fell from its original puffy form and she asked, "So, what is your name?"

"I'd rather not say without knowing who I am talking to first." he replied.

The pink pony scowled then replied, "Pinkamena Diane Pie. Now you."

"Shadowheart." he firmly replied.

"Where are you from Shadowheart. We don't see many ponies with swords around here. Especially ones with enchantments like yours." Pinkamena said as she stared him down.

"Not from here." He replied.

"No your not, but you look a lot like somepony that attacked my friend."- Pinkamena stopped mixing the bowl and lowered her right hoof below the counter. -" I would like to know why you are here." she said in a low tone.

"To get something to eat." Shadowheart said as he tensed up slightly.

Pinkamina shook her head slowly, "Wrong answer."

She leaped from behind the counter with her new and improved Nerrix blade. Shadows burned as it raced towards him. Shadowheart dropped to the ground as Pinkamena flew past cutting the tip of his mane. He turned and removed the cloth that sat over his family sword, Dragonslayer. The sword looked like it was made from the bone of an actual dragon with a metal guard that looked like the red flesh that would be still attached on the opposite side of the blade. It coursed with magic as Shadowheart placed his right hoof in the slot of the grip. It calmed down and secured itself tightly around his wrist. Pinkamena looked him over as he held a defensive stance. Her scowl turned into a maniacal grin as her body burst into a shadows and she came in for another attack. Shadowheart was shocked to see such a sight, but was able to block her with Dragonslayer. The two swords collided and Shadowheart cast a spell that sent Pinkamena sliding across the floor. She turned as she slid and somehow grabbed a butchers knife from under a table and threw it at Shadowheart. He ducked to the left as the knife embedded itself in the wall behind him. Again he found the shadow mare coming in for another attack when he was open. Just before she hit he created a barrier that made the Nerrix blade scrape off to the right. He found his opening in her offenses and landed a powerful blow to her temple with his left hoof. Pinkamena collapsed to the ground and the shadows dispersed like steam. Her sword slid away from view as the grip failed on impact with the hard tile floors. She laid motionless on the ground with a small pool of blood that came from a now opened wound from the concussive blow to the head. Shadowheart bent down and pushed her mane out of the way to look of a horn. He was shocked to see no horn on her head. He moved to the blade and found no magical presence on it either.

"You won't find any hint of magic on it." Pinkamena’s voice called from behind him.

Shadowheart felt the presence of a blade on his spine.

Pinkamena leaned in behind his ear and whispered, "If you move, I make you into CuPCAKES. Now, why are you here?"

Shadowheart hesitated for a moment. A slight pushing of the blade told him her patience was running thin and he was in danger of becoming many delicious pastries.

"I was hired by Princess Celestia to find some foal by the name of Cassius." he muttered.

The knife fell to the ground. Shadowheart turned to look at her, but found only a hoof found his muzzle. He backstopped and looked to a very angry pink earth pony.

"So is that what you wanted from the journal!? Cassius!?" she yelled.

"What journal!? What are you talking about!?" Shadowheart exclaimed as he examined for any breaks in his muzzle.

"YOUR FRIEND NEARLY KILLED CONSTANCE FOR THAT DAMN JOURNAL!? NOW YOU WANT TO KILL CASSIUS TOO!?" Pinkamena yelled at the top of her lungs.

"What friend? WHAT JOURNAL!?" Shadowheart spoke in an agitated voice.

"The red one with a mane that looks like fucking fire and the sword that sets things ON fire when something is cut by it!" she exclaimed in anger as she crossed her front legs.

"Where did he go?" he asked suddenly.

Pinkamena flung a foreleg lazily into the air letting it fall back into place when she spoke, "Hell if I know. He teleported out of the damn alley when I saved her from being melted."

"Where do you think he went?" Shadowheart asked as calmly as possible.

"I ... DON'T .... KN..."

The door opened as Twilight Sparkle hurried into the damaged showroom of the bakery. Pinkamena went wide eyed and darted for the back room in an instant.
The purple Alicorn looked to Shadowheart with her horn glowing a brilliant pink.

"What did you do to Pinkie Pie?" she asked in a slight growl.

Shadowheart was dumbfounded by his luck with the mares in this crazy town. First a pink psych that can use magic without a horn was trying to kill him on mistaken identity, and now an Alicorn was threatening him. A scuffling sound grabbed both of their attention as Pinkie Pie galloped next to Twilight. Her mane was back to its puffy self and she looked like she was going to cry.

"Twilight, am I glad to see you? This unicorn is working for the pony that tried to kill Constance. He tried to kill me just now! " she said with tears running down her muzzle and placing a hoof on her chest.

Shadowheart looked to both of them with disbelief, "I did no such thing."- he pointed a hoof to Pinkie Pie.- "She tried to kill me."

"Nice try, but Pinkie Pie wouldn't hurt a fly." Twilight said.

"I'd try to throw a party for it. Hmm.... What would a fly want at a party anyway? Garbage...rotten vegetables....oh, oh maybe some...rotten eggs sitting in the sun for a week."Pinkie Pie started to trail off like she normally did.

"This is ridiculous, She jumped over the counter and burst into a shadowy flame while trying to gut me with that knife in the wall." Shadowheart said pointing to the butcher knife that sat firmly in the wall.

Twilight stood stunned at his accusations, but she let her magic fade from an attack spell and started to clean the mess with it.

"Well... um... I think this might have been a huge misunderstanding. First of all, what is your name and why are you here?"

"I am Shadowheart. I was hired by Princess Celestia to find some foal named Cassius. I came here to get some food." he said sheathing Dragonslayer.

"So you are the tracker then. I am ... Princess Twilight Sparkle. Please just call me Twilight." She turned to face Pinkie Pie. -"As for you Pinkie Pie. I can confirm that he is the tracker and he is not working with the pony who attacked Constance".

"Well if you don't think he had anything to do with it then I trust your judgment." Pinkie Pie said

She leaned in and gave Twilight a hug while turning her eyes from Shadowheart. her hair fell and she glared at him with hate. Her eyes promised that if he was lying she would kill him on the spot. When she released Twilight her mane when back to its puffy state and she smiled.

"Well Mr. Shadowheart, Lets get you a muffin and head to the castle." Twilight said.

"I think I will eat there instead. If you don't mind?" he replied.

"Not at all. Shall we go?" Twilight replied.

Twilight left the bakery first. Pinkie Pie stopped to inform of Shadowheart and let her friend get some distance. She turned to face him as her mane fell again.

"You don't say a word about me. They think I'm dead and I want it to stay that way." She said in a low grumble.

Shadowheart looked confused for a moment.

"They think Pinkamena is dead. I was... released six years ago and haven't let them see me since. I'm not a very popular pony." She explained.

She walked over to the fallen Nerrix blade and slipped it back in its hidden slot in the counter with a sudden motion. As she walked back to the door her mane began to take its shape once more.

"Lets go Mr. slowpoke" said in her usually chipper voice.

She bounced out the door to Twilight without a care in the world. Shadowheart was now questioning his judgment in accepting this job, but if it gave him the information he needed then it was well worth the hassle.

*****************************************************

Flamearch was sitting his makeshift throne inside the main stone building as he tested his very thin patience. He was waiting for Liz to find something useful about Cassius that could make himself stronger. Instead of getting information from her, she was playing with him.
This had occurred for the last hour now and Flamearch was almost at his breaking point.
He shot up and marched to Liz. She was flying around the room with Cassius in her forelegs and the young unicorn was enjoying it.

"Liz! Come here, now!" Flamearch demanded.

The purple pegasus hovered low enough to drop Cassius without hurting him and landed next to Flamearch.

"What is it Flamearch?" she said in a slightly annoyed tone.

"You are to be finding useful information on how he uses his magic and getting him to teach it to me." growled Flamearch in a low tone so Cassius didn't hear him.

"Well I'm getting him to trust me. You scared him half to death Flamearch. He is just a foal." Liz said sympathetically as she looked over to Cassius.

"I don't care if I scared him to death. He is the only one that can give me the power I want, and I will be damned if..." he began but was cut short by the sounds of a spell going off.

They looked over to where Cassius was to see him staring at them with his multi colored eye. He held a blank expression on his muzzle as the rings glowed.

"Are you alright Cassius?" Liz asked.

He gave no response. Instead he just looked on, unblinking. Liz hurried over to his side but was stopped by a magical barrier that consumed half of the room. She looked to Flamearch who she thought was keeping her from getting to him. He shrugged his shoulders and trotted to her.

"Is he doing this?" Liz asked in amazement.

"Ya he is. How is he making this big as it is?" Flamearch asked running a hoof on the surface.

"I don't know, but I will admit, his magic is powerful. I can see why you want it so badly." she remarked while looking for a way around the bubble.

Cassius was sitting in the center just looking ahead of himself with the rings in his eyes glowing brightly. Suddenly his gaze found Flamearch. He got up and walked to the wall of his protective barrier and stopped just in front of Flamearch.

"You have it, don't you?" the little gray unicorn asked.

"Have what?" Flamearch said sternly.

Cassius glared at him, "My book."

Flamearch smirked, "Yes I do. Can you teach me how to use your powers within it?"

"I can, but why would I help somepony who foalnapped me." he replied to the red unicorn.

Flamearch leaned into the wall with a smile and said, "Because, if you don't ... I will kill you."

Liz noticed the wall getting dark and turned to see a massive living spike of shadows getting ready to strike the unsuspecting Flamearch. She slammed into him knocking him out of its path. Flamearch fell to his side and heard a scream as he slid a few feet. He looked up to see Liz was stuck to the barrier with a large spike of darkness where he was just standing.
Her crimson blood dripped from the spike in her chest and travelled down the wall of the barrier. She tried to speak, but her words hung in the air. She was looking right at Flamearch before her head dropped and she remained motionless. Flamearch sat there in shock at the attempt to his life.

"You want to learn. Give her my ability to survive even the most deadly attacks. Use my book." Cassius quickly said as he levitated the book to Flamearch. "If you don't hurry she will be too far gone. you only have 5 minutes before then." he said in a worried tone.

Flamearch dove straight into the book to find the incantation. He eventually found it and began to cast the spell. Cassius removed the spike and used the shadows to lower Liz's body gently to the ground. The barrier fell and Cassius galloped to Flamearch and helped him with the spell. When Cassius used his magic to support Flamearch, the red unicorn felt a surge of power that he only dreamed of. He literally felt invincible with the young gray unicorn at his side. The boost in magical power allowed Flamearch to complete the spell and cast it in only a few seconds, rather than the minute the journal said it would take any normal pony to cast. The spell hit Liz and the shadows in the room slithered to her like snakes. They engulfed her and began to fuse with her very soul. moments later the darkness faded and she coughed up some blood while the hole in her chest began to heal right before Flamearch eyes. He wanted this power more than anything in the world. He looked to Cassius who had galloped to Lizzy's side and was hugging her tightly. An evil grin formed on Flamearch muzzle as he walked over and helped Liz up to her hooves.
She was breathing heavily as she placed her left hoof over the healing hole and held on to Flamearch with the right.

"Lizzy, we did it. We brought you back together. I can use him with the book. I can be unstoppable. I...I can finally beat him." Flamearch spoke in a happy whisper.

"How did you bring me back?" Liz asked taking in deep breaths.

"He let me use of some of his power to help with casting the spell. Thanks to him Liz, you can't be killed by any mortal pony." Flamearch said as he levitated the journal to her and showed her the spell.

She looked to book with wide eyes, "Flamearch, this is a master level spell, only the princesses of Equestria can use it with that amount of magic you put being it! He really is Cassius Nightshade."

Cassius held her leg with tears coming from his closed eyes. Liz patted him on the back and leaned down to give him a hug.

"Thank you both for saving me. Oh and Flamearch, please never threaten him again. He was going to kill you but I saved you. Now if you will, both of you get along while I go and sleep.
Dying and coming back is tiring work." Liz said with a yawn as she left the two unicorns alone.

They looked at each other in the eye for a moment before Cassius spoke first.

"You did good. if you are going to help ponies with the story book, then I will help you learn what my mommy taught me Mr. Fla...Flame..." Cassius stumbled with his name.

"Flamearch. Call me Flamearch. Now little one, it's time for bed." he yawned and started walking to his chambers.

"No its not. Bed time was this morning. Now it. s time to eat." Cassius called as he ran after Flamearch.

Flamearch groaned when he realized that he was talking to the Nocturnal Guardian. He would not get any sleep tonight.

*************************************************
Luna was awaiting Twilight and her tracker in the throne room. She had felt Cassius magic only moments ago and a great deal of it was being used to commune with the Eternal Herd. It was a request to have the gates open temporarily of a soul to leave. This was very concerning, because Cassius should have no memory on how to do this yet. Whoever had him, was using his power to do their bidding and this didn't settle right with her.

"Princess Luna, They are here." called a guard at the massive double doors that made up the entrance.

The princess of the night watched as Twilight, Pinkie Pie and a white unicorn approached her.

"That is far enough Pinkie Pie." Luna spoke as calmly as she could, trying not to cause suspicion.

The party pony stopped with a surprised look on her muzzle.

Twilight did the same before asking, "Princess Luna. Is everything alright?"

"Twilight, This is a very fragile situation. Only ponies that need to know may follow me past this point and into the meeting chamber." Luna replied.

Luna wasn't going to tell Twilight, that the real reason she didn't want Pinkie Pie here was because of Pinkamena. She was a very unstable and unpredictable killing machine.
She could go on a rampage if brought into this and Luna wasn't going to take that risk.

"Please, Pinkie Pie go and wait back in the hall behind the doors. If you're needed I will send for you." Luna ordered.

The pink party pony began to protest, but quickly realized that it was the princess of the night. with a sigh of defeat she did as she was asked and left to throne room. The three proceeded to the meeting chamber and were getting ready to discuss the conditions to get Luna's beloved son back from whoever held him captive.

Author's Note:

Nerrix blade: Weapon design from Infinity Blade 1 and 2.
Infinity Blade: Apple game for iPod. Good game, get it. Many Easter eggs and one weapon called Harmony is a mlp Easter egg. Its the Pinkamina's dark Alice in wonderland weapon.

Shadowheart is the second OC and the sword is Psychochikens.