• Published 9th May 2013
  • 444 Views, 0 Comments

Never Forgiven - DragonassasslnGR



After the Dark Libra inisdent, Luna finds herself the mother of Cassies and Sereen. Now her two twin foals. But somepones can't forgive Cassius for what happened and others seek his power for their own. One even seeks the power his journal and e

  • ...
4
 0
 444

More Questions Without Answers

Fire Heart's head was pounding. He could barely move and all of the sounds that came from the fighting around him were muffled. He tried as hard as he could to get up or even open his eyes, but his body refused to listen to his mental commands. He could hear some pony yelling at him from a distance.

"FIRE HEART, MOVE!", It was Shadowheart.

Using most of his strength, Fire Heart opened his eyes for an instant and saw the black pegasus lunging at him from a table with a large blade that came from a device from his hooves. Fire Heart was unable to get his body to move out of the way, so he braced for the impact.
Without warning his bodies natural instinct kicked in and a loud cracking sound was heard before a pair of drake wings sprouted and began to flap pushing him out of the harms way.
He hit his head on the bar and opened his eyes as he rubbed his now aching and pounding head. He saw a blur that turned into Shadowheart catching Sparky in the side with Dragonslayer when he hit the ground where Fire Heart was only a moment ago. The hit sent Shadowheart and Sparky into the nearest wall forcing Dragonslayer to go through the black pegasi's right wing pinning him. Fire Heart's head finally cleared and he noticed Pinkamena had slipped past Gold and slashed his legs, trying to get him to fall. She walked over to him thinking he was going to drop at any moment. The earth pony could see she was getting cocky. He slammed his sword into the ground and leaned on it. Pinkamena smiled and casually walked over to him raising Nerrix to remove his scarred head. With a smile he suddenly punched her in the head when she was close enough. She spun around once then fell over a broken table, laying on the ground
The pink pony slipped into unconsciousness from the devastating blow. A yelp sounded from Sparky while he was trying to get free of Dragonslayer, but all he was doing was ripping his wing. Gold looked over to see Shadowheart who was charging a spell and dodging random attacks from Sparky. The black pegasus was sending electrical bolts and swinging his arms trying to hit the white unicorn.

"Leave him ALONE!" Gold shouted.

The large earth pony charged at Shadowheart with a murderous intent. His sword was pointed at the white unicorn that stood in front of Sparky. Just before Shadowheart could remove Dragonslayer he stopped and teleported to Fire Heart with the sword just a few feet from him.
In Gold's rage he couldn't stop in time and stabbed Sparky through the side. The black pegasus let out a howl of agony as the sword passed through him and embedded itself into the wall. Shadowheart and Fire Heart rushed the large earth pony. Shadowheart speared him in the spine with his horn whole Fire Heart flew over him and slammed his hoofs into Gold's head.
Their combined force toppled Gold knocking him on top of Shadowheart. The white unicorn struggled to remove himself from the now unconscious pony. He soon managed to free himself and took a quick look at the room. He saw the bar in shambles, several tables and by the entrance were on fire, there were two unconscious ponies on the ground and a dying pegasus in the wall. Nothing out of the ordinary when it came to Shadowheart's life. He charged a spell and fired it at Sparky knocking him out and hopefully keeping him like that for several hours.
Using his magic, he removed Gold’s sword and levitated the killer pegasus to the ground, then he began to heal some of his more fatal wounds.

"Why are you helping him? He was trying to kill us!" Fire Heart yelled as his new wings twitched with anger.

"Because Fire, he was hired by Flamearch. He knows where to find him, If he dies, then we will be looking for years if we even find him in that time." Shadowheart said calmly. "So, you have wings. I guess you aren't as... uptight as I thought."

"What does that mean?" Fire heart asked seeing the unmistakable sight of one of the rarest things he will ever see, Shadowheart smiling.

"I never would have thought that you would consummated with a bar keeper." the white unicorn said with a snicker.

Fire Heart turned bright red, "Well... at least I love her. And what about you? A princess and a pink earth pony with a personality problem? Somepony can’t make up his mind."

Shadowheart finished his healing and walked over to Pinkamena and began a spell that allowed him to check for abnormalities in her.

"I told you, I have not found my special...", he stopped and raised an eyebrow.

"What? What did you find?" Fire Heart asked taking a step closer.

"Fire Heart, can you put out the fires while i take care of something?" Shadowheart muttered.

With the realization of the bar being on fire the now dragon pony flew into action filling a bucket with water and putting out the flames. Shadowheart went back to his spell. He felt a fracture in Pinkie Pie's soul. It was a few years old, but it was strong enough to split her into two different ponies. He could feel the emotions of both personalities fighting for control. One was a sweet and innocent soul that didn't know of the others existence. The one that was formed from the fracture was a very tormented, ruthless, and intelligent one that fought for its freedom and control of the body. He could only guess this was Pinkamena herself. He could also feel the presence of magic from both souls as well. Pinkamena held the shadow powers he saw first hoof, Pinkie Pie on the other hoof held a magic that even he didn't understand let alone attempt to bind.
This gave Shadowheart an idea that may have him executed in the end, but he was going to do it. He placed a barrier around himself and Pinkie Pie's body. Fire Heart put the last of the flames out and looked up to see Dragonslayer levitating to Shadowheart. It stopped above Pinkie Pie and slipped past the barrier hovering inches from her chest.

Fire Heart galloped over, "Shadow, what are you doing?"

The white pony ignored him and continued his spell.

"Shadowheart, What are you doing!? She helped us! Put the barrier down and walk away!" Fire Heart yelled as he banged a hoof on the walls of the invisible blockade of magic.

"Hold it Shadowheart! You can't do that yet!" called a voice.

Both of them looked to it's source. A white maned silver unicorn walked in the bar with an unconscious orange pegasus pony on his back. Fire Heart's jaw fell and Shadowheart dropped the barrier allowing him to enter with his friend. The unicorn levitated the second pony over to Pinkie Pie. A glyph appeared on the ground around them and it lit up when he stepped into it.

"Fire Heart, please step back." he asked in a calm voice.

Fire Heart did as he was asked without a word. The barrier burst to life in a gold color.

"Where did you get that pegasus?" Shadowheart asked.

"I intercepted her when she was... never mind. That is a story for another day Shadow. Right now we have work to do."

Fire Heart was dumbfounded, "How could you have known we would be here?"

The unicorn turned to face him and simply replied, "That is a tale for another day Fire Heart.
I have little time before she dies. I would like to keep as much of her alive as I can."

He went back to his magic. The two unicorns began to make the glyph glow brighter and brighter until it was blinding and Fire Heart had to look away. The light eventually faded and two dizzy unicorns fell out of the circle.

"Crystal Glare, what did you do?" Fire Heart said walking to them.

Crystal Glare rubbed his eyes, "I helped fix the fractured minds of a pegasus and party addict. Speaking of, you two should attend one of her parties when you get the chance. I only have had the pleasure to attend one myself, but it was rather lovely. I got to see my dear sweet Celestia again. When she saw me however i was nearly sent to the moon again. You know how hectic lovers quarreler can be. Though we aren't really lovers... yet."

"Focus Crystal. Why did you help Shadowheart do whatever he just did?" Fire Heart asked helping the two to their hooves.

"Oh, well I kind of nearly got her killed and needed her back."- Crystal Glare began spinning his hooves around and swaying from left to right before pointing one to the orange pegasus. -"The pink one, I helped get her mind in check and kind of took the powers she was given and gave it to the pegasus." He said, starting walking backwards toward the door.

Shadowheart stepped forward, "Wait!"

Crystal Glare stopped and looked into the white unicorns eyes, "Yes, Shadowheart?"

Shadowheart cleared his throat, "Why are you leaving her here? Why are you here? You only show up if things are at their worst."

Crystal Glare smiled, "Yes I am. She is a gift from me to you. Her name is Xilas. She is your salvation when you confront Flamearch and his new friend Cassius Nightshade."

"New friend?"Fire Heart asked.

"Yes. Flamearch has convinced Cassius he is avenging his family and he needs his help to kill you. The young guardian believed it and now you need Sereen and Xilas at your side. Oh and you need to get an... a... um... a dragon... named Melandrog Vrolthein." Crystal Glare began to trail off. - "You know what, I will get him and send him to you when you need his help. I wish you the best of luck, but I have a date with Celestia. Well more of a meeting."

The white unicorn walked out of the bar muttering to himself leaving Shadowheart and Fire Heart with four unconscious ponies and more questions that needed answers. Shadowheart turned around to find Gold was missing.

"That makes three." He mumbled to himself.

****************************************************************

Flamearch had Jara prepared the food for dinner service. The main hall smelled of cooking stew and fresh steamed vegetables. Cassius was playing with Liz as they waited for the food to be ready. In a way Flamearch felt right about the sight of her playing with him. He actually felt happy to see them like that. It reminded him of his mother, Father, and Shadowheart. He slammed a hoof on his chair cracking the wood. He was hoping Gold and Sparky would return soon with some news. A moment passed and nothing happened.

"Damn, I thought that would work." he grumbled.

"What's wrong Flamearch, You look down." Liz called from her spot at the dining table.

"I'm just thinking Liz. How is your research coming?" Flamearch replied.

Liz got up and walked out of the room. Cassius was smiling at Flamearch from his seat. His multi colored eyes were fixed on him. Flamearch felt uncomfortable under the stare and began to fidget. The door opened up and Liz flew in with the journal under her. She placed in on the table in front of Flamearch.

"I had to read a Story for Cassius last night. When I, did I found this entry on something called the Elements of Chaos. I kept reading in this journal and I found it is the only one in the world to make any reference to them. They are supposed to rival the Elements of Harmony in every way possible." Liz explained.

"Well, where are they?" Flamearch asked in pure joy.

Liz grimaced and looked over to Cassius who kept smiling at them.

"What's wrong Lizzy? You never have that look unless it's bad news." Flamearch felt his joy slowly dying.

"Flamearch, you have to promise me that you won't take them by force." she asked with a pleading look on her muzzle.

Flamearch laid back in his chair with an amused smirk, "Ok? I promise."

"Say the words." Liz immediately snapped.

Flamearch raised his hooves, "OK, ok I promise I won't take the Elements of Chaos by force. Now will you please tell me where they are?"

"We have had them the whole time." Liz whispered softly.

"WHAT!?" Flamearch shot out of his chair. "Where!?"

Liz looked down, "His eyes."

The fire red unicorn looked confused for a moment, "Liz, please make sense.

She took a deep breath, "The Elements of Chaos are Cassius's eyes. He is the living embodiment of them."

Flamearch began to chuckle as he fell back in his chair, "You are messing with me. Well I needed a good laugh."

Liz slammed a hoof on the table making Cassius jump, "I'm dead serious. He is everything you wanted. The journal also said he is the only pony in existence that can even control it."

"Are you trying to protect him or does it say that?" Flamearch said through gritted teeth.

She pointed out the entry and sure enough the book told of a pony Cassius tried to give the power of the elements to. The pony was vaporized from the overabundance of energy. Flamearch gulped and forced himself to calm down. Jara entered the chamber with a pot of stew on a serving table. She started to pass bowls to each seat as she made her way around the dining table. Liz walked back to her seat and sat next to Cassius. Jara placed a warm bowl of stew in front of Flamearch. A few carrots floated past some hay in the center. After a few minutes everypony in the fort was eating in the room at benches and other smaller tables.
The large doors swung open and a battered Gold limped into the room with a thin trail of dripping blood behind him. Two pegasi flew with medical bags to him. If Gold wasn't tired from his long walk back he would have pushed them off of him. Instead he sat in a vacant seat and laid back. Flamearch got up from his seat and made his way to the earth pony.

"Gold, where is Sparky?"

The earth pony looked at him with his blind eye, "Captured or dead." A tear fell from his eyes but he quickly whipped it away.

Flamearch spammed a hoof on the stone floor, "What happened? What did you see?"

Gold explained the events at the bar and the ponies he saw.

"That damn pink pony! She has Cassius' magic!" Flamearch snorted. "Shadowheart recruited his half dragon friend Fire Heart too. Then there is Crystal. I need to speak with him later. Did you hear the name of the pegasus he left with them?"

"Xilas" Gold said through gritted teeth as one of the medics tightened a bandage around his leg.

"Xilas...Salvation." Flamearch whispered in astonishment.

He turned to face his followers, "Everypony, we have preparations to make! Tomorrow we awaken the Nocturnal Guardian and his unlimited power!"

The fort went into an uproar. Ponies banged their hooves on the tables in unison as they shouted and hollered in joy.

Liz walked over to Flamearch, "Are you sure you should do this?"

"It's time Lizzy, I make my move and finish what he started. Now lets get some rest. Tomorrow will be a big day. I will have Cassius get his own chambers for the night and we can go to ours." Flamearch nipped at Liz's neck as he lead her to their room.

She let him guide her, but not before looking back to Cassius and waving to him. He waved back and walked off to some other room but not before asking a guard to read an entry in the book.
A look from Liz told him he would or he would have to face Flamearch's wrath. The last thing she saw before leaving to go up some stairs, was the guard running to the book. She was happy to know Cassius would be in capable hooves for the night.

*******************************************************

Luna was drifting in the dream realm looking for any signs of Cassius and the pony he was with last night. She found a brand new hall that read "Fort Faithless." She had never seen this hall before or even heard of this fort. She was sure Cassius gave this location it's own hall to tell her he was there. She entered and found hundreds of doors with names of ponies she had never heard of.

"Mommy!" called a voice behind her.

Luna turned to see Cassius galloping to her. She hesitated for a moment, but then galloped to him and met him halfway. The two embraced in a hug that lasted for several minutes. Neither of them could keep from shedding tear of joy at their reunion.

"Cassius, where are you?" Luna asked holding him tighter.

"I'm safe. I'm with Miss, Lizzy and Mr, Flamearch at the fort. I missed you so much." Cassius said as he gasped for air in between sobs.

"Luna rubbed his back to comfort him, "Do you know where the fort is?"

The young unicorn buried his muzzle him her coat, "No, but outside the fort is the badlands."

Luna lifted Cassius's head, "Tell me how you have been little one. I want to know what you have been through."

Cassius spent the night telling his mother about his fun with Liz and his adventures and games with Flamearch. From the sound of it, he admired Flamearch unless he was angry, but Cassius loved to be with Liz and help her with her studies. The whole night Luna listened to him and took pride to know he was been treated well. She was however going to get him back soon and kill any pony in her way. She just needed to find Fort Faithless.

Author's Note: