• Published 6th May 2013
  • 17,725 Views, 1,472 Comments

Voidrunner - The DM



Colonizing space is never easy nor is it ever predictable. Each planet presents it's own challenges and it's own rewards.

  • ...
62
 1,472
 17,725

May 9th, 2559

//Begin Personal Log

//

//May 9th, 2559

//

//23:51 Local Time

Well here I am, writing another log. Today was quite exciting, mainly with alicorns, gryphons, and modern medicine. We managed to fly across the country to rescue Celestia and Luna from a mob of angry insurrectionists in the gryphon capital. We ended up retrieving both Princess’s, a dozen pegasi guards, the gryphon emperor, and his two bodyguards. A little more than we expected.

...

...

...

Unfortunately I need to keep this brief. I need to head to medical to check on our patients.

I’ll make sure to go into more detail at a later date. However, a detailed account will be available in After Action Report 5959-06-EQ.

//End Log

Captain Ryan stood at the bridge as the ship began to bank left. The sounds of the engines increased as the ship picked up speed. Daniel turned around and walked back to the table, standing across from Commander Zerom.

“Commander Dior, are we all secured in the launch bay?” The Captain asked over the radio..

“Negative sir! We have multiple casualties down here, some critical.”

“Understood. I’m on my way down. Are the bay doors secured?”

“Negative, Petty Officer Jung in down. We’re trying to get someone to close the doors.”

“Copy that.” Daniel quickly called out for the AI. “Tommy! I need you to override the bay door controls.”

“Aye sir. Sealing bay doors.”

The Captain ran down the hallway to the closest lift. “Dior, are the doors closed yet?”

“Yes sir, they just did.”

“Good. Do medics have a number of casualties?”

“Yes sir, we have thirteen casualties. Five of them are cat alphas, including Jung.”

“Alright, I’m almost there.”

The lift came to a stop and the doors opened. He ran down the hallway and eventually came to the launch bay doors. Once the doors opened, a scene of pure chaos was revealed.

Medical staff were hurriedly moving to various injured ponies, assessing injuries and giving first aid. Daniel quickly spotted the Chief Medical Officer among the chaos. He was in the process of examining a heavily injured pegasus. Celestia was standing over one of her wounded guards, while Luna was sitting on the deck breathing heavily after her short, but hard flight.

“Doctor Tetrow, tell me you have good news?” Daniel asked.

The doctor looked up from his most recent patient as the Captain called his name. “Well, I can tell you we haven’t had any fatalities.”

“That’s good I suppose.”

“Indeed, we are getting ready to move the cat alphas to medical for emergency treatment.”

“Has the entire deck been decontaminated?”

“Yes sir. Everyone here is clean.”

“Very good.” The Captain’s attention was soon drawn to a horrible coughing noise. He turned to see Luna coughing incredibly hard as she seemed to fight for every breath. Daniel was the first one at her side. He grabbed a stethoscope from a nearby cart as he moved to aid the lunar Princess. She was still coughing and wheezing as she fought for oxygen.

“Luna, look at me.” The Princess kept sitting with her head facing down. Daniel pressed the stethoscope against her chest, listening to her labored breathing. After a few seconds he was confident he had found the cause of her trouble. Celestia had now quickly made her way to Luna’s side. The solar Princess looked to the Captain with worry.

“Is she alright?” Celestia asked with deep concern.

Daniel just rolled his eyes. It was a very cliche question that every concerned person asked, even when there was an obvious answer.

“No, she has severe smoke inhalation and possible respiratory damage.” Luna proceeded to cough up a mix of phlegm and black specks of soot onto the Captain’s greaves. “That’s just lovely.”

Daniel grabbed the nearest medical cart and pulled it next to him. He took a medical tag from a drawer and quickly wrote down her condition. He then took the tag and slipped it around her neck. She was classified as a category bravo; serious, but not the most serious. The Chief Medical Officer made his way around Celestia and kneeled next to the Captain.

“I can take care of her, Tetrow. Go take care of the alphas.”

“Alright, let me know if you need assistance.” The doctor then got up and went back to moving the most injured personnel.

“Alright Luna, I need you to try and take a deep breath for me.” The Captain asked calmly.

“Can’t... hurts... too much...” The Princess said between labored breaths. Her eyes were filled with a look of panic as she fought for air. The Captain looked around the room, noticing that all the alphas had already been moved.

“Alright, we need to get you to medical.” Luna only nodded, and with the help of the Captain and her sister, got to her hooves before taking a few shaky steps. It didn’t last long as her front hooves gave out from under her. Daniel and Celestia both reacted quickly and caught the falling Princess before she could hit the deck.

“I need a stretcher over here!” The Captain called out. Two medics quickly ran over with a stretcher before setting it on the ground. The two crew members then looked at the fallen Princess and then back at the stretcher.

“I don’t think she’s gonna fit, sir.” One of the men said.

“We just need to get her to medical.”

“I could just teleport us there.” Celestia said.

Daniel just shook his head. “I’d rather not. Medical is only two decks up.” He then looked to the two medics. “Ready?”

The two men sighed. “Yes sir.” The two medics with the help of the Captain and Celestia managed to get Luna onto the board. She was still coughing up black particles and mucus. It took all three men and Celestia to get Luna into the nearest lift and then onto the medical deck.

The medical deck was busy as doctors and medics moved about, tending to the wounds of various ponies and the one injured human. The four deposited Luna on the closest available bed before removing the stretcher from beneath her. She was still coughing and her breathing was erratic and shallow.

“I need some assistance in here!” Daniel called out over his shoulder. Two nurses quickly moved to the Captain’s side and awaited his orders.

“What do we have sir?” One of the nurses asked.

“Female, alicorn, age irrelevant. Severe smoke inhalation and possible bronchial damage.” Daniel stated in a matter of fact tone. Celestia stood a few feet away as the three humans began treating her sister. Luna once again coughing loudly as her chest heaved with each convulsion. It was getting harder for her to breathe. “You,” Daniel pointed to the medic across from him, “we need to do a lung rinse. Get me a sedative and prep her for a tracheal tube.”

“Yes sir!” The young nurse quickly moved to carry out his orders.

It didn’t take long for him to return with the necessary equipment. Luna was now beginning to physically panic. She was still having trouble breathing, and was now physically struggling. Her breathing was coming faster and was still shallow, she was on the verge of hyperventilating as Daniel put an oxygen mask over the Princess’s face. She seemed to relax a bit, but was still panicked.

“Alright, ketamine?” Daniel asked with an outstretched hand. The nurse handed a single loaded syringe to the Captain.

“Sir,” one of the nurses asked, “will Ketamine work on her? She isn’t exactly human.”

“Yeah, it will.” Daniel then moved to Luna’s neck and readied the drug. Luna, at the sight of the syringe, began panicking even harder. Her eyes turned to pinpricks as Daniel approached her neck. She reared her head back in fear, nearly stabbing the nurse behind her. The man was able to duck, avoiding being impaled by her fourteen inch horn.

“Hold her down!” Daniel said as he grabbed Luna by the base of her horn, preventing her from stabbing anyone. She began struggling harder as her head was held down by Daniel. Unfortunately, the Captain did not know just how strong she was. To his surprise, Luna was plenty strong enough, even in her weakened state, to pull him around as she tried to free her horn. “I need some more help in here!”

More nurses and doctors rushed to help restrain the Princess. Celestia could only watch as the medical staff did their best to restrain Luna from hurting herself or others. Daniel was finding it incredibly hard to hold on to Luna’s horn with just his arm strength. Deciding that a more direct approach was needed, the fully armored ODST jumped onto the gurney, straddling the Princess’s neck with his thighs while keeping her head in place with his knees.

With five other people holding down the rest of Luna’s body, Daniel was finally able to slide the syringe into Luna’s jugular vein. He pulled back on the plunger to confirm he had hit his mark. As the syringe contents turned red with blood, Daniel pushed the plunger down quickly. Luna’s body suddenly went rigid as the drug quickly took effect. Seconds later she was relaxed and unconscious. Daniel waited for a moment before dismounting with a sigh of relief.

Daniel then looked to the other staff. “Help me get her on her stomach. Then we’re going to turn the whole gurney.” Daniel set about tucking Luna’s legs close to her body as the others moved to Luna’s back. The lunar Princess did not resist as the men worked quickly. Her breaths were still shallow and she occasionally coughed.

“Can we get something to put on her horn? I don’t want it doing through anyone's face.” Daniel called out. A nearby nurse ducked into the chief medical officer’s office and came back with a green tennis ball. Daniel quickly took the ball and impaled it on the tip of Luna’s horn.

“Alright, roll her on three. One, two, three.” With the help of the nurse and Celestia’s magic, they were able to roll the Princess onto her stomach. With Luna now properly oriented, the Captain moved to her head. “Tube?”

The closest doctor brought the tracheal tube before taking a place next to the alicorn’s face. “Ready?” The Captain asked.

“Yes sir.” Daniel then used his thumb and index finger to manually open the Princess’s mouth, allowing the other doctor to insert two tubes. Now that she wasn’t fighting the medical staff, both were quite easy to insert. One tube would supply oxygen directly to one lung while the other tube would rinse the other lung. Then the process would be reversed. The tracheal tubes had a small fiber optic cameras at the end, allowing the doctors to see into each lung. Daniel then plugged the other end of one fiber optic into the nearby monitor.

As the screen came to life, a view of Luna’s throat filled the screen. Celestia was slightly disgusted, but at the same time incredibly intrigued at what she was seeing. The tube slowly moved forward, and an inside view of one of Luna’s lungs came into view. Her lung was filled with soot and other burned material. Daniel cringed slightly, he looked over to Celestia who looked horrified. He then turned to the doctor next to him.

“Alright, let’s start the rinse.” The other doctor nodded as he plugged the other end of the tracheal tube into a canister. The doctor then pulled a small green lever on the canister valve. On the screen a clear fluid began to flow from the tube, slowly filling Luna’s lung and effectively washing away all the material inside. After a few seconds, fluid began to spill out of her mouth and onto the deck; a nearby nurse quickly moved a bucket under her head.

Daniel was pleased to see the fluid coming from her mouth was consistently black, showing that it was indeed working. Eventually the fluid turned clear again and the camera showed no signs of contaminants. They then repeated the procedure on the other lung. After another fifteen minutes, the tracheal tube was removed and the extra fluid was cleaned up. Daniel removed his latex gloves and walked over to Celestia to give her an update.

“Well, that should do it. She’ll be able to breath normally again.”

Celestia sighed and bowed her head. “Thank you Daniel. Thank you for... everything you are doing.”

Daniel placed a hand on the Princess’s shoulder. “Hey, you helped me with my problem a few nights ago. It’s only fair I return the favor.” He said with a chuckle. Celestia lifted her head and laughed as well.

“I suppose that’s true. So, when will she wake up?” Celestia said, motioning toward Luna.

“I’ll give her something to take the edge off. She should be conscious again in about fifteen to twenty minutes. Just to let you know, she is going to feel horrible when she wakes up. There was a lot of adrenaline going through her. The thing about Ketamine is that it reacts very badly to adrenaline.”

Celestia once again looked worried. “What kind of reaction?”

“Well, she’s probably going to spend a lot of time puking into a trashcan.”

“I’m just glad that she’s okay.” Celestia said with a yawn.

“Hey, why don’t you go get some sleep. We’ll be in Canterlot in a few hours.”

“You’re flying straight into Canterlot?” Celestia asked with surprise.

“Yeah. We’ll come in under stealth as to not scare everyone. They’ll only be able to hear us.”

“I see.”

“No you won’t.” Daniel said with a cheesy grin.

Celestia facehoofed with a sigh and a smile. “Well then, you should be able to land in the gardens behind the castle. I’ll send Twilight a letter to inform her of what’s happening.”

“Alright.” Daniel motioned for one of the marines at the door to approach. “Lance Corporal, I want you to show the Princess where the crew lounge is.”

“Yes sir.” The marine said with a salute. Celestia and her guide then silently made their way off the medical deck.

Daniel then turned his attention back to the unconscious Luna. With the help of another person they were able to wheel the gurney into one of the empty recovery rooms. The door to the room automatically slid shut as the group moved in. As the other doctor locked the gurney wheels, Daniel pulled out a small syringe of yellow liquid. With one swift movement, he slid the small needle into Luna’s neck before pushing the plunger down.

“Alright then. Give her fifteen minutes then notify me.”

“Aye sir.” The doctor replied.

~~~

The first thing Luna could sense was that she lying on her side. She then opened her eyes and noticed was the room was quite dim. She was unsure of where she was, but could hear voices and movement just on the other side of the door. Daniel then walked in through the door, silently closing it behind him.

“Hey there sunshine. How ya feelin?” Daniel asked quietly. He pulled a chair and trashcan over and sat next to her bed. Luna just rolled her eyes at his greeting. Just as she was about to answer, her eyes went wide and she audibly gulped. Daniel gently grabbed ahold her mane and pulled it away from her mouth. She then quickly moved her head to the side of the bed and vomited into the trashcan.

She continued to vomit for a few minutes before finally stopping.

“Yeah, about what I expected.” Daniel said calmly as he used a nearby washcloth to wipe her muzzle.

“Thanks...” she said weakly. “So, what happened?”

“Well, we got you to the infirmary when you started having respiratory trouble. However, you kinda started to panic once we tried to sedate you.”

“Really? I don’t remember any of that.”

“I’m not surprised. You were really worked up. Took four doctors and an ODST to hold you down. Nearly killed a guy with that sword on your forehead.”

Luna then looked up at her horn and noticed a green ball on the end. “What is that...?”

“That,” Daniel reached over and pulled off the green ball, “is a tennis ball. I put it there so you couldn’t spear someone by accident.”

Luna chuckled. “Ah, makes sense.” She then vomited again into the trashcan. “How long is this going to last?”

“Well, considering how much adrenaline you had in your blood when we sedated you... I would say about a day. Ketamine doesn’t react well with adrenaline. It leaves you feeling really sick.”

“All this because I freaked out?”

“Yup. Sucks doesn’t it.”

Luna then threw up again. “I’ll say.” Daniel wiped her muzzle clean. “Is Tia okay?”

“Yeah, she’s fine. She’s sleeping in the crew lounge.”

“Was anyone else hurt?”

Daniel paused for a moment. “Yeah, a few of your guards were really banged up. They’re in surgery right now. I know for sure that one of them had to have a leg amputated.”

Luna began to tear up at this. “Did... did anypony die?”

“No. Everyone survived. Three are in critical condition though. Two of your guards and one sailor.”

“One of your crew was hurt?”

“Yeah, the gryphon emperor flew into him going very fast. It knocked him off the catwalk and onto the deck, forty feet below.”

“But... he survived...”

“Yeah, both did. Though the Petty Officer suffered a broken back, multiple broken ribs, two broken legs, collapsed lung, and a number of other injuries.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Luna, you have nothing to be sorry for. It was an accident, a terrible accident but an accident nonetheless.”

A small stream of tears was flowing from her eyes. “I know... but it’s still horrible...”

“I know Luna. And thankfully we can do something to fix this mess.” Daniel gently patted Luna’s neck before standing up with the trash can in hand. “I’m just going to step out for a minute and grab another can.”

“Alright, I’m...” Luna yawned wide, “I’m going to sleep... really... tired.” Her eyes closed as she finished the sentence. Daniel pulled a blanket over her sleeping form before quietly stepping out of her room.

~~~

Captain Ryan stood on the bridge with both Commanders, all looking at the holographic display table. They were only twenty minutes away from Canterlot, the lights of which were visible against the night sky.

“Alright Tommy, make sure optical cloak is online. I don’t care if they hear us, just so long as they don’t see us.”

“Aye sir. Optical cloak is online.”

“Dior, are all your boys okay after our little scuffle?”

“Yeah, they’re fine. How are our guests on the medical deck?”

“They’re doing well. One pegasus lost a leg, the other is still in surgery.”

“And Jung?”

“He’s also still in surgery. Doctor Tetrow is recommending we medevac him to Reach for proper medical care.”

“Don’t we have a full surgical suite?”

“Yeah, but he’s going to need specialized treatment.”

“Damn.”

“Yup. Kid has a long way to go.”

There was a pause at the table.

“How’s Princess Celestia taking all this?” Zerom asked.

“Quite well. She’s a bit stressed and a bit anxious, but still sane.”

“And Luna?”

“Asleep. I had a little talk with her when she woke up briefly. Her breathing sounds good, now she just needs to sleep off the sedative.”

“That’s good to hear. How’s the emperor?”

“Sedated with a fractured skull.”

“Any good news?”

Daniel laughed. “No one died. Does that count?”

“I suppose it does.” Zerom said, still looking at the holographic display.

“Tommy, how long until touchdown?” The Captain asked.

“Fifteen minutes at our current rate.”

“Mr. Vezina, bring us to ahead half.”

“You got it Cap’n!” The helmsman said happily.

“At our new velocity, we will arrive in thirty seven minutes.” Tommy reported as their speed decreased.

“Alright Tommy. When we get to five miles out, go to ahead slow. Keep the engine noise as low as possible.”

“Aye sir.” Both the AI and helmsman responded in unison.

Daniel could see the lights of the city growing in the distance. He then turned and walked off the bridge and began heading to the crew lounge. Upon arrival he noticed there were seven pegasus guards sitting at a table without their armor. Four of them were bandaged on various areas of their bodies. The Captain then spotted Celestia’s multi-hue tail flowing off the edge of a couch.

To Daniel’s surprise, Andrew was sitting across from Celestia with a sketchbook and pencil. He would occasionally glance at the sleeping Princess before making adjustments to his sketchbook. Daniel, perplexed by this, moved next to Andrew to get a better look at his work. He was absolutely stunned by what he saw.

“Uh, Andrew?”

“Hm?” Andrew looked up from his drawing, meeting the Captain’s gaze.

“What is that?”

“This? Just an idea I had.” Andrew couldn’t keep a wide grin off his face. He was clearly excited about his latest idea.

“Are you seriously thinking about building that?”

“Maybe. I mean look at this, tell me this wouldn’t look fucking amazing.” Andrew then turned the sketchbook so Daniel could see every detail.

It was a drawing of Princess Celestia in a full set of MJOLNIR Mark VII armor. An M6 G/GNR laser was levitating next to her as she appeared to be charging the weapon at some unseen enemy. Andrew just smiled, much like a small child on Christmas morning.

“That’s... wow... that’s terrifying.” Daniel stammered as he tried to process what the engineer had designed.

“Well, it would take a long time to make. I would need pinpoint measurements to even begin. It’s more of just an idea.”

“Yeah, an insane one.”

“Are you saying my other ideas are any less insane?”

Daniel thought for a moment. “Nope.”

“Good, thought I might be losing my touch.”

“If you were to have this made, do you really think you could get Misriah Armory to build it?”

Andrew laughed. “As if they have a choice. I own them.”

“You what...?”

“I bought them out a year and a half ago. Just after New Phoenix.”

“And how the hell did you manage that?”

“Well, the president of Misriah Armory was in New Phoenix at the time, and...well... ya know. Anyway, their board of directors got together and eventually asked me if I would be willing to buy the company for two hundred and fifty billion credits”

“Damn, so you now own the Misriah Armory and all it’s property?”

“Yup, including the contracts to build the new Mark VII armor.”

“Holy shit, so you really could have armor made for ponies?”

“It would seem so.”

“Wow...”

Daniel then turned his attention back to a sleeping Celestia. He slowly made his way to the sleeping solar Princess. He then gently shook her shoulder in an effort to wake the sleeping alicorn.

Celestia’s head jolted up at the sudden disturbance. “Oh, Daniel. I must have fallen asleep.”

“You’ve been asleep for about two hours. You seemed like you really needed the nap.”

Celestia chuckled. “No argument there.”

“I just wanted to update you that Luna is doing fine and we are getting close to Canterlot. Should be there in about thirty minutes or so.”

“Oh, wonderful. And what about my other guards? The ones who were more seriously injured.”

“One had to have a front leg amputated. The other one’s status is unknown. Last I heard he was still in surgery.”

The other guards at the nearby table turned to the nearby human. One of the pegasi with a bandage over his eye spoke up.

“Excuse me sir, but do you know who it was?”

“I believe his name was Storm Shroud.” The guards face dropped as his ears went flat against his head.

“Is he okay though?”

“He’s still in critical condition, but he is stable. Some of the best medical staff in the fleet are looking after him.”

“Oh, that’s good...”

“How’s your eye, trooper?”

“Oh, uh... docs said I still might lose it. Said something about the cornea and nerves being damaged.”

“Sorry to hear that.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Celestia felt a pang of sadness as she listened to the guard. They had been hurt trying to protect her and Luna. While they all knew the risks associated with their jobs, it was still hard for her. They were all special in her eyes. Each one had a family, friends, loved ones, and a life. She saw them more like her own children than her protectors.

The injures among the guard varied from broken bones, burns, and amputated limbs. Some had been lucky enough to escape without a scratch. Others hadn’t been as fortunate. Daniel looked to Celestia and saw regret. She seemed to regret not being able to personally fix each of her ponies. They had lost pieces of themselves and she couldn’t do anything about it except offer them support in the future.

Daniel, however, did have an idea. And it was just a phone call away. He said goodbye to Celestia and quickly made his way to his quarters. Once inside he opened his computer and began looking for a name and a number. After a quick search, he found the name he wanted; Michael Optikanner.

Michael was a long time friend of his, as well as the CEO of a medical supply company. He was essentially the Traxus of the medical world; even Andrew agreed with that analogy. Daniel pressed the call button, and waited.

Seconds passed as the screen lit up, showing Michael sitting at his desk with a labcoat across his chair. Michael was a bit older than Daniel at the age of fifty one. However, he looked like he was in his mid thirties. He spoke with a thick German accent and always wore a bow tie.

“Well, if it isn’t Captain Daniel Ryan. How have you been my friend?”

“I’ve been better.”

“I can tell. You look exhausted. Are those ponies giving you a hard time?”

Daniel’s face paled and he looked at Michael in dumbfound confusion. “H-how the hell do you know about that?”

Michael heartily laughed. “I had dinner with Kyle Burr last night. He told me all about your little adventure.”

“Oh... well do you know if he read my recent report?”

“The one you sent yesterday?”

“Yes.”

“He has. We spoke about it at great length. He also told me about the friendship reports you are having to send.”

“Yeah, I’m going to need to do that tomorrow.”

“So then, I take it you are calling for a specific reason. Tell me, has something developed?”

Daniel then took the time to explain the rescue mission and the resulting injuries.

“I’m sorry to hear that. You said that there were no allied fatalities?”

“No, we dodged a bullet there.”

“Hmmm. Perhaps there is something we could do.”

‘Like what?”

“I might be able to provide some of the more advanced pieces of technology. Things like prosthetic limbs and specialized treatments.”

“You can?”

“I can.”

“Can you fix eyes?”

Michael thought for a moment. “Well, what I am about to say is a company secret. Got it?

“Of course. What is it?”

“There is a prototype ocular replacement, designed to replace a lost eye. Be it from injury or disease.”

“I’m listening.”

“Well, there have been setbacks. Mainly in getting the technology small enough for humans. However, these ponies of yours have larger eyes than humans. Building an ocular replacement for their size would allow us to practice shrinking the technology while still refining and improving it.”

“I’m not sure I am comfortable with using them as test subjects. Does the implant work?”

“Yes. The only issue is making it work in a smaller unit.”

“So what you really want is to practice the procedure?”

“Precisely. We know the implant works, the only issue is that we can’t see how well it works. These ponies could be the perfect candidates to help us achieve that goal.”

“Okay, you have me interested. How much would this cost them?”

“Cost them? Nein my friend, this would cost them nothing. It is still considered experimental technology. We would give them the eye free of charge, all we ask is that they give us feedback. We’ll even make any future adjustments for free.”

“If you can clear this with the Director, I can try to clear it with the Princess. Although, I’m sure she would want to talk to you in person for this.”

“A Princess would want to talk to me? How could I possibly say no.”

“Good answer.” Daniel said with a chuckle.

“Well then, I have another call to make now. Say ‘hi’ to Andrew for me.”

“If I can get him out of the engine room I will. Did you know he set up a hammock between two reactor coolant pipes?”

“Are you honestly surprised?”

“...No.”

Michael laughed. “Well then don’t worry. He’s having fun and the ship is still flying.”

“Yeah. I’ll talk at you later Michael.”

“You too Daniel. Stay safe.”

With that, the screen went dark. However, Tommy quickly appeared on the desk corner.

“Sir, we are five minutes out and are preparing to land.”

“Great, I’ll be right up.”

The city of Canterlot came into view as Captain Ryan took his seat on the bridge. It was late at night, so very few ponies were out. The roar of the engines had been reduced to a light hum as the ship moved ever so slowly over the cityscape below.

For the first time in history, humanity was going to land a warship in an alien capital. Soon the castle gardens came into view. The sounds of the landing gear extending could be heard through all seven decks before making a loud clang, signaling they were locked in place and ready to take the ships weight.

“Sir, we are directly above our target landing zone.”

“Thanks Tommy, Vezina, bring us in nice and slow.”

“On it Captain.” Slowly the ship descended toward the ground, kicking up a small windstorm underneath the massive engines.

“Fifty feet.” The AI announced.

A second passed. “Forty feet.”

Another. “Twenty feet.”

Then finally, the ship gave a slight bounce as it made contact with the ground. The shocks in the landing gear compensating and dampening the impact.

Daniel looked at the castle through the bridge window. “Touchdown.”

Author's Note:

Yay, more writing done! Alicorns, gryphons, humans, and modern medicine!

So I thought I might post some Fun Facts about the Tuscany.
Length: 530 ft
Width: 610 ft
Crew Maximum: 90
Crew Minumum: 43 (or 3 Spartans)
Weapons: 2 Modified Onager mass drivers
10 CIWS gatling cannons
4 Shiva nuclear missiles
4 Pulse Laser Turrets

And That's all I'll post about that for now.

Next at five: Humans in Canterlot! Five things you should know about our visitors.

Anyway, questions, comments, concerns, things you liked, things you disliked, haiku poetry, drop em bellow.

Will someone please just press the "Like" button? I can't stand looking at the 99 any longer. I just want that third digit.