• Published 20th May 2013
  • 347 Views, 8 Comments

The Equestria Grimm - ReflectedApples



It's time to hear the tale, of Inkie and Blinkie and how they prevailed.

  • ...
1
 8
 347

Blood Sisters

Once upon a time, there lived a small, quiet family on a rock farm. The mother and father were very stern and were always working out in the fields. They had three daughters. Blinkie, Inkie and the outbound- Pinkamena, but her siblings call her Pinkie.

The pie sisters were dearly loved by their parents, but they wouldn't know it. For, the mother and father are too serious and busy to hug their children now and again or even tell them a fairy tale. The only interaction the sisters had with their kin was each other and asking their parents to pass the salt at the dinner table. When the triplets were old enough, they were put to work too.

Pinkie, the youngest sister-by a half hour- was in charge of helping Blinkie push all of the small rocks from the west fields all the way over to the east fields. The eldest sister, Inkie, had to break apart all of the boulders into small rocks for her little sisters to push, with her father's steel pickax.

They did this daily, every morning, afternoon and night. Pinkie Pie got sick and tired of this boring routine. Every night lying in bed, exhausted from all of these heavy and hard rocks. Feeling unloved, only having her sisters for comfort. So, with a hollow heart, Pinkie Pie decided to move away and find her true purpose, in Manehattan.

"No, Pinkie! Don't leave us!" Blinkie cried, tears streaming down her face. Her body was hooked onto her older sister, who was also sobbing.

"No. No, Blinkie. Let her go... It's for the best. Goodbye Pinkie Pie! We'll miss you!" Inkie called out to her pink sister, almost choking.

"Goodbye my sisters! I will never forget you! And I promise, once I find my purpose and my cutie mark, I'll come back for you!" Pinkie Pie called back and with that, trotted down the long stretched dirt road. The unforgiving dirt road.


That night Blinkie and Inkie sat in their beds and stared up at the ceiling. Blinkie was still lightly sobbing, but Inkie ignored it. She was too deep in thought to comfort her sister at the moment.

"Hey Blinkie?" Inkie asked.

"Yeah?" Blinkie moaned.

"Do you think that we should run away?" Inkie questioned.

"No. I don't want to." Blinkie stated.

"Okay." Inkie finished.

Blinkie shuffled in her bed and threw the blanket over her head. Soon, her breathing slowed and she soon drifted off into a light sleep. Inkie on the other hand was still staring emotionless at the top of the room. She didn't wish to drift off to sleep, her mind was stirring with too many thoughts. But her brain screamed at her to sleep, so she shut her eyes and rolled onto her side. Then, finally she fell asleep.

Blinkie and Inkie awoke earlier then usual the next morning. Their parents were still asleep when Inkie was making her and Blinkie's cereal. She poured the milk and Woona O's into the bowls from the cupboard. Inkie carried both bowls over to the table, where her sister sat. She placed the china bowls onto the wooden table top. Blinkie looked hungrily at the filled bowls and began to eat slowly.

"Blinkie?" Inkie repeated.

"Yeah?" Blinkie replied with her mouth full.

"We should leave now." Inkie said blankly.

Blinkie blinked at her emotionless sister and gulped.

"No. I don't want to."

"Okay." Inkie looked down at her breakfast and started to scoop the milk covered wheat cereal into her mouth.

They soon retreated to the lonesome, silent fields outside. The two figured that if they finished their cores earlier in the day, they could rest for the rest of day. They also knew that this wouldn't happen, but it was worth a try. Inkie went straight to work. Inkie went into the barn and yanked her father's prized picaxe from the wall. She threw the metal top of it onto the slate of stone, smashing bits of rock off of it. Without the help of her younger sister, Blinkie had to do the horrible task of moving the small rocks alone, her younger partner could be dead for all they knew.

Inkie stopped her smashing and stepped down from the big slate of stone from which she had been pickaxing on. The little grey filly trotted over to her sister, who was close by, and scanned her appearance. Blinkie's silver mane and bangs were a tad bit matted and needed a good grooming. Her eyes were droopy from all of her sobbing and her blue fur was covered in the filth and mud of the soil. No four year old filly should have to live this. If her parents weren't going to take care of her sister then Inkie decided to. They shall run away right now while their parents were fast asleep, now was the perfect time to ask the little filly if she would leave with her.

"Blinkie?" Inkie repeated once more.

"Yeah?" Blinkie said.

"We should go right now. It would be a perfect time to-" Inkie started to explain but Blinkie interrupted.

"Why Inkie? I sort of like it here..." Blinkie confusingly said.

"There is nothing for us here. Our parents don't love us. All there is here are useless rocks..." Inkie exclaimed, "Don't you want to go somewhere where there are ponies other than me that actually love you?"

"B-But, they do love us!" Blinkie said sadly.

"Think about it Blinkie! If they loved us, would you think that they would've let Pinkie Pie leave us?" Inkie pleaded, "We can go out there and find out where our fates lie, and I know for certain that our fates are not here."

"O-Okay. That makes sense... kind of." Blinkie looked up at her big sister.

Inkie held out her hoof the Blinkie, she grabbed it and shook it.

"Let's do this then." Blinkie said meekly.

Inkie took her kid sister back into the farm house to gather necessary supplies. She grabbed a loaf of bread, a first aid kit and one of many apples in the fridge. Inkie wrapped the assessments into a rag and stuffed them all into one of her old saddle bags. Blinkie walked up to Inkie's saddle bag with a strange object clenched in between her teeth.

"Blinkie, what is that?" Inkie tipped her head to the side.

"It's Mr.Tapshoes, silly!" Blinkie gleefully said, her voice slightly muffled by the object in her mouth, "I wanna bring him with us!"

"Okay, put him in." Inkie sighed. Blinkie gently placed the rock into the bag.

Mr.Tapshoes was Blinkie's pet rock. It has a little pin that is suppose to be a sword and a monocle made out of a piece of a broken jar. Pinkie Pie had made for her one day, she always had a crazy imagination. Inkie clicked the saddle bag shut and threw it onto her back. She looked at her little sister and sighed. She grabbed her hoof and pulled her out of the front door. They trotted quietly and quickly down the road.

"Where are we going Inkie?" Blinkie asked.

"We're gonna go find Pinkie Pie in Manehattan." Inkie said.


They trotted through the opening of the forest. Blinkie began to yawn, for it was 1:00 am.

"Hold on Blinkie, we're almost there." Inkie said.

"Can we wait? I'm hungry." Blinkie complained.

Inkie nodded her head.

"Okay then, stay here eat an apple or something. I'll try to see if they can find the nearest town." Inkie hugged her sister and stepped into the brambles. Blinkie stay there and grabbed an apple out of the saddle bag.


Inkie didn't know what she was going to do, but she thought that she might be able to see some town lights from a hill of some sort. Or maybe a tree...

"IINNNKKIIEEE!!! HEEELLLP!!!"

Inkie's ears perked up and she sprinted back to where her sister was placed.

"Blinkie! Blinkie!" she yelled.

She heard growls and snarls from the bushes and her sister's screams. Timber wolves. Inkie wanted to jump in and grab her sister, but she couldn't. She was paralyzed under the brambles and was holding her breath. The Alpha timber wolf pinned Blinkie onto her back and roared in her face. At that moment, Inkie snapped out of her paralyzing fear and pounced on top of one of the timber wolf's head. It howled and thrashed it's head around, it threw Inkie into a oak tree.

Blinkie screamed at the top of her lungs as the Alpha timber wolf bit at her front leg and tore at it, ripping the skin and muscles from her body.

"Bliinnkiee..." Inkie moaned, "Bliinkiee..."

Then all grew dark. All there was, was a lone lantern glow and the clattering of pans.

Comments ( 7 )

Awwww, don't kill Inkie and Blinkie. It's sad enough to know what happens to Blinkie at the hooves of the Colt.

And is this about Grimm Fairy Tales?

2605502 Why yes it kinda is,I'm making it like it's Equestria's Grimm fairytales.

"Goodbye my sisters! I will never forget you! And I promise, once I find my purpose and my cutie mark, I'll come back for you!" Um..... Pinkie got her cutie mark at the rock farm....... :applejackunsure:

2653621 Alternate Universe Tag :twilightsmile:

Oh yaaa.... :twilightblush: Lol. Okay. :pinkiesmile:

Nice story! I like it! Please post more.

BTW, which Grimm Fairytail is referenced in "Blood Sisters"?

2655046 That's a good question... I know that it's a tale in The Brother's Grimm I just forgot the name

Login or register to comment