Shipping ๐Ÿ’– 9,767 members · 11,734 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Anyone know of any good pirate themed long fics? Ive been on a bit of a pirate kick lately and I think a good pirate pony romance story is just what I need in my life.

I don't have a story in mind, but I sure do know of a good song: Cowboys of the Sea

I can do you one better. How about a whole band. Alestorm, they play Pirate Metal.

I listen to them a lot. I love death throes of the terror squid, and magnetic north. And 3rd fav is drink.

Alestorm is good too, I prefer them over Rumahoy, but Cowboys of the Sea is still a gem.

Lol I misread fics for vids (tired). There might be some Captain Cilantro fics. If you find a good one read it while listening to Captain Morgan's Revenge :trollestia:

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

I am shocked to discover that out of 2,100+ reviewed stories exactly zero of them are traditional pirate stories. But I did find a few that were thematically adjacent to that, so:

TLove, Sugar, and Sails
An ambassador and a naval officer become romantically involved while fighting sugar pirates.
DSNesmith · 203k words  ·  214  1 · 3.6k views

Certainly a high seas adventure. The protagonists aren't doing any swashbuckling, but pirates do make up the main villains, so this is as close as you'll probably get from me.

TEmpty Horizons
Twilight wakes up, alone in the dark. And she's drowning.
Goldenwing · 186k words  ·  1,382  37 · 20k views

More airships than sea ships, but piracy does come up and there is definitely some ocean exploration. No room for romance though.

TThe Flight of the Alicorn
Rarity finds herself forced into an unlikely alliance when her airship crashes far from home.
Ponydora Prancypants · 227k words  ·  1,444  28 · 27k views

No sea ships, just airships, and a significant chunk of the mid-to-late story involves being marooned on land rather than flying. But plenty of piracy to be had and a whole lot of Rarity being a survivor.

TSurviving Sand Island
An airship wreck leaves Rainbow Dash and Rarity stranded on a deserted island. Together, they must find a way to survive until help comesโ€”if it comes.
The 24th Pegasus · 482k words  ·  485  36 · 6.2k views

Probably the furthest from what you're after for these stories. Involves airships again, and the actual airship-piracy bit takes up only a chapter or two near the beginning. But there's a ton of pirates (plus treasure hunting and ancient, awoken evils) involved, so maybe?

Sadly I've read all those haha. I think what this tells me, is that I need to write a Pirate story. Where the Pirates are the main characters and the story is centered on romance, Swashbuckling adventure and of course thievery on the high sea's. XD It's time to fill a niche hole.

How about "Lunar Pirate"? Sadly, none of the stories got finished, but Luna as a pirate is a prime concept and there should be much more of that:

TLunar Pirate
Luna, upon her return, resumes her pirate activities, much to the dismay of her sister. After raiding the griffon capital, she enters into a maze of treachery and lawlessness unheard of even in her time.
Starlit Skies · 4.4k words  ·  20  1 · 828 views
ELunar Pirate
It is Luna's job to nullify nightmares: to help ponies overcome their greatest fears. But this dream may help more than just one pony gain the courage to meet the outside world.
Elusive Phoenix · 11k words  ·  14  1 · 715 views

Looks great. :D i shall read right away!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10