Convention Planning 84 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
Bad Horse
Group Admin

Bronycon
I'm going! Already have my room arrangements set & filled up. Hotels fill up early.

Can't be easy finding room for all those minions. What was it last year--four in the closet alone?

I'll be there unless something goes terribly wrong.

There might even be some djthomp family there for a portion of the convention this year. Depends on whether the brother's family drives down or not.

I'm 95% sure I'm going. My insane friend wants to drive there! I figure hey, mileage on his car, not mine.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

5267569 Don't be silly! I don't find rooms for minions. I kick them out and take theirs. That's why they always book two.

Of course it's still all on the organization credit card, but I just like doing it that way.

Ahh, of course. Very prudent.

I'll be there (barring family emergency), and rooming with horizon. Also appearing on Wanderer D's "Advanced Writing" panel this year.

...I am totally going to publish a pony story or two between now and then, so I feel less dead... :twilightoops:

Will be unable to make it this year, due to financial reasons, but I'm happy to offer any advice to any newcomers who might have questions.

I will almost certainly be going to the 2017 con, however.

Gonna be there staffing yet again and being no doubt crazy busy but still hoping to hang with people and stuff!

Also we should make a Telegram chat for the con when the time comes

I am going to be there; but we are sharing space with non-convention going relatives who are vacationing in Baltimore and DC, so I cannot offer ride or room shares. I'm easy to spot, I'll be the shortest guy, with the grayest hair, in any room I'm in.

I might attend. Anyone knows of a room share vacancy?

I may take my family and friends to Bronycon as well.

I think I might need to buy a new tablet to continue writing my fics on, though, and if that eats into my Bronycon funds, I'm off until 2017.

Majin Syeekoh

I'll be there again this year. Already have a ride and room set up. Gonna be there for the entire con this time as opposed to showing up late Friday like last time.

I'm driving from Chicago, anybody here or along the way need a ride?

PS - If you've been to the con before, I'm the guy who wears the dapper Celestia suit.

I'll be there!

Will be there, as 5267784 noted. :twilightsmile: This is my first east-coast convention and might be my only one for a while, so catch me while I'm hot.

I will be driving down from Binghamton, N.Y. in time for the bar trot. Wait, is there a bar trot this year?

Maybe this time I'll actually go to panels instead of roaming the convention hall being worryingly friendly to/at people. Better than irritating everyone in Quills & Sofas the entire time.

5289682 Hello, fellow Upstate New Yorker (northern Finger Lakes, about an hour and a half from you). Feel free to corner me in Quills and Sofas - I'm the little guy with the silver mane.

5289755 I'm the redhead in the vest who won't shut up.

If you want to explore the Inner Harbor and don't want to walk, consider the Baltimore Water Taxi:

It runs from 10 am to 11 pm, and there is a stop right by Tir Na nOg, near the U.S.S. Constellation.

Tickets are $14.00 for an all-day pass.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

5286453 5267784

I'll be there (barring family emergency), and rooming with horizon.

One word: Brazon. :heart:

The Bronycon programming schedule is up link. You have to work through it slowly, interpreting the titles, but I found 4 fanfic panels (crossover, romance, dialogue, and expert writing).

Correction: I found some more (sad fics, comedy, and OCs) and I'm sure I've missed some. This is not easy to wade through.

I plan on running a tabletop game open to a flexible player group, so if anyone knows how I might go about that offer I'd love to hear it.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

5326189 I don't know what "go about that offer" means, but you can probably run it in Quills & Sofas.

5327813 I would absolutely love to run it in Quills and Sofas. Excellent plan. Bad Horse is once again credit to team.

So, to explain the premise real quick, the game is an open world space adventure pony role-playing game. I have composed an introductory "briefing" on the setting and system for anyone interested, and I'll have copies of it there.

The gameplay will be largely player directed, with a rule system geared for players hopping in or out at will. I'm reasonably confident that the system will handle anything, from fighting your way through ancient ruins on a forgotten world to delving into the galactic political situation.

Also there are space pirates privateers perfectly legitimate traders explorers ok, ok, pirates. And the captain is a dragon.

there's also a room dedicated to tabletop gaming... "Harmony Plaza - Stabletop Games, Hall E"
it gets more traffic, and other people run roleplaying games there too, so it might be easier for finding random pickup players.
(you probably won't need to officially schedule anything, there's always a few empty tables whenever I stopped by there)

Bad Horse
Group Admin

Note that if you want to attend the Grand Galloping Gala, you must bring formal attire. From the Grand Galloping Gala rules:

This is a formal dance event in which guests must arrive in formal dress, military uniform, or formal cosplay attire. All cosplays must adhere to BronyCon’s Cosplay & Props Policy.

Acceptable Dress Attire
Ladies: formal or semi-formal dresses of appropriate length, dress pants, skirts, blouses, full formal cosplay, formal shoes, military uniform
Gentlemen: dress pants, button-down shirts or polos, ties or bowties, full formal cosplay, formal shoes, military uniform, suit or tuxedo.
Cross-gender attire is acceptable as long as the person is dressed formally.

Unacceptable Dress Attire
Guests who appear in the following attire will NOT be allowed entry into the Gala. Including but not limited to: work/ casual clothing, jeans, t-shirts, tank-tops, speedos, short-shorts, mini-skirts, horse-head and all other masks, pajamas, props without costume, revealing or inappropriate dress, or funny hats. Shoes should be comfortable for dancing but also adhere to the dress code so please take care to make sure any heeled shoes are at a proper height.

Exemption from the Dress Code: Children under the age of 13 and their accompanying parents or guardians will be exempt from the dress code and will be permitted to attend the Gala. VIP Guests or Entourage are also exempt from the dress code with badge present.

This event prohibits ALL outside food or drink; this includes bottled drinks and packaged snacks. Guests will be asked to dispose of all outside food and drink before they are allowed entry into the ballroom. Water stations and cups will be provided within the ballroom for guests.

Incidentally, I am going to be at BronyCon this year, for real, instead of as an Internet rumor.

Does that mean we can bribe you with actual cash (or a big Russian guy named Boris) to write good reviews?

I only accept hard currency.

Sorry, Britain.

Bring sack full of cash. Got it.

Bad Horse
Group Admin

Did anybody ask me to pick up the Nightmare pack of Twilight's Secret Shipfic Folder for them at Bronycon? 'Coz I have it, and a vague recollection that somebody asked me to pick it up for them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34