You Might Like This 263 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Meridian Prime
Group Admin

Two Plus Two Equals Five by Estee
Are you such a dreamer, to put the world to rights?
Warning, the above link is not entirely safe for work, and some people may find it disquieting.
Here's a basic primer - if you like Estee's writing, you'll like this. If not, you probably won't. This story is about Fluttershy and Discord fighting, but it's about a great deal more than that too. It's about Fluttershy's kindness, her anger and the closest thing Discord knows to compassion. I liked it, and if you've read Estee's stuff before and like it I'm pretty sure you will too. If you haven't, then go read this or something else because Estee is one of those authors I recommend everyone at least try.

Sonata's Hunger by GrassAndClouds2
This is a good example of an old idea done right. Sometimes a certain idea will take off and the site will be flooded by poor quality stories with roughly the same core plot. Sonata's Hunger would fit that category, were it not done pretty darn well. The moral is a strong one, and is handled gracefully both by the author and the characters themselves - who remain very much in character through out. Definitely worth a try.

Sassy Saddles Meets Sasquatch by Mannulus
Best. Sassy-Saddles-Fic. EVER. :pinkiehappy:
No but seriously this is hilarious. Very rarely do stories manage to be a) Random b) not a crackfic c) actually really good, but this pulls it off with style.

Blah, Blah, Blah by HapHazred
A funny, and for many quite relatable, little oneshot about blah and blah.
Recommended to all AppleDash fans.

A Blessing In Disguise by Obselescence.
You've probably seen this story already (if you ever look at the feature box at least), but I can confirm that it is actually pretty funny. Not that that should be surprising with Obs at the helm - he seems to have a knack for silly changeling based comedy...

Hurricane's Champron by billymorph
Ohhhhh wow I love this story. Awesome world building? Check. Interesting and layered character? Check. Epic and potentially fatal quest? Check. Dark and fitting moral? Check.
When billymorph does a serious story, they rock it. Definitely worth your time.

A Moment's Hesitation by FanOfMostEverything
Did you have some issues with Magical Mystery Cure? Are you disappointed by the lack of Mane-6-As-Alicorns stories? Do you like laughing? Well look no further!
This story is rather silly, but it's meant to be and it works. I won't give any more away, but I will say that this is worth at least a try - it's pretty darn funny, in my opinion.

Quoth The Raven by KitsuneRisu
Some might say I am biased in including KR here, to which I reply "There's a bloody good reason I'm not part of any proper review groups." :derpytongue2:
But to be a little more serious, I try and make a habit of not including stories of friends just because they're written by my friends. So the reason this story is here is that it is very, very good. Moonlight Raven (the goth pony from Canterlot Boutique) is reimagined as pony ranko a complex and frankly rather damaged character - but an extremely interesting one. As good as Maud is, Raven is the real star of the show here and she steps up and owns it. Definitely worth a read.

Running Free Across The Plain by The Hat Man
I've seen this idea before, but The Hat Man made it interesting enough to keep me hooked, and added quite a few details I definitely hadn't seen in the few other stories to try this idea. So even if you have read stories about pre-historic ponies before, this is worth a read, and if you haven't I'd definitely give it a shot. It's a very different perspective, and quite a breath of fresh air.

This Side Of The Mirror by Baal Bunny
Short, tight, and more than a little chilling. This attempts to provide an explanation for Abacus Cinch's absence from the world of Equestria, and the answer it finds is both appropriate and quite creepy. The writing itself is top-notch, not a word wasted. Definitely worth checking out.

In From The Cold by Baal Bunny
Much like the last one, there isn't a huge amount to say about this, but it is definitely worth reading (unless you hate Slice of Life [the episode, not the genre]). It provides Bonbon's story, both between her grappling hook exit and subsequent appearance at the wedding and filling in gaps on her past. And basically, it nails it. You might not like the story AugieDog Baal came up with, but it's well written and coherent and just pretty enjoyable.

Sweetie Belle And The Journey To The Kingdom Of Frogs by TheSlorg
It is of course hard to tell where this will end up at this point, but the first chapter is funny, the concept is funny, and TheSlorg is a pretty good writer. I for one will be following this closely.

NorrisThePony
Group Admin

Get the flan in the face, the flan in the face!

4792272 Weird. Could've sworn Timaeus was the one more likely to stick AppleDash in here.

Glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to write.

Meridian Prime
Group Admin

You have good taste. :pinkiehappy:
Yeah he normally is - I am a love of all ships equally though. :derpytongue2:

I am a love of all ships equally though

You really would make a perfect Goodfic Bin reviewer! Unbiased even in the face of shipping!

(desperate recruiting intensifies)

Meridian Prime
Group Admin

...Hmm. I did say I would get back to you on that, didn't I?
Okay, so for the next week I am going to be unspeakably busy procrastinating the really important essay I have to write - but after that send me a PM. I'd like to get involved! :twilightsmile:

4794119 Kinda sad I blew my single tear of joy pic so soon.

You can count on me. If there's one thing I never forget, it's desperately trying to get people to do things for me!

(I've had a lifetime's practice)

Meridian Prime
Group Admin

Sundowner Season by Cherax

Normally I would just add this to the initial list, but since a) I'm adding this so late in the month that it's almost guaranteed no one will see it and b) this is definitely going to be my spotlight post, I figured I'd make an exception.

Now, I've just finished reading this story, and it wrecked me (in a good way). So in order to try and gather my thoughts, I'm going to take a couple of quotes from my own comments on the chapters, and build on them a little.

I'm not sure I can do justice how much I like this story. The imagery is gorgeous, but Rarity, oh Rarity is a masterpiece. The journal entries are inspired, and her character just bleeds through the page.

I don't know if I can say this better than I have. Cherax seems to summon incredible landscapes and intimate moments with careless ease, and I both love them and envy them for it.

...It's stories like this that make me simultaneously question why I'm writing when I know I'll never be this good, and at the same time give me a burning desire to get better.
It's stories like this that make it worth reading fanfiction, because I'll be damned if this isn't better than half of the published stuff I've ever read.

I definitely can't say it better than this. Please go read this story - it's had so little love, and it deserves so much more.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8