Sunset Shimmer 4,926 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Does anyone have any fic recommendations of post reformation Sunset but she still is ambitious.

Im sorry if this is rude, but I want to clarify What i mean by Ambitious. I mean someone that wants to do something great and/or be someone great. Which could be for positive or negative reasons and/or goals. Since this is Sunset post reformation it would be for positive reasons and/or goals.

If you are interested in crossovers, my top recommendation would be SAPR. A long fic, really long, and currently undergoing a substantial rewrite, but extremely good story.

For non-crossovers, but still AU, there are the The Witch of the Everfree and its related stories.

There are hundreds of others, but maybe these are good starts?

And of course there are my stories, but I'm not going to self promote. :facehoof: :rainbowlaugh: :pinkiegasp:

I gladly, shamelessly, offer my own work.

Incarnate - Fimfiction

Thank you so much. I love witch of everfree for that reason. But for this I was kindoff looking for stories that are not AU or at least have the first Equestria Girls movie be apart of their world. Sorry if this is rude. I am still really grateful for the fic recommendations. I'll try the sapr story even if it's not what I'm looking for here because I just love good ambitious sunset

Thank you. That looks really good

No worries, and my apologies for not quite understanding your request. :pinkiehappy:
And having read all of Revel's incarnate stories, it's no lie, they are wonderful and you really will enjoy them. :raritywink:

that looks great. Thank you so much!

Wat, are we allowed to recommend stories we didn't write ourselves? :trollestia:

If working to save or protect the world (or even just one human city) counts as ambitious, you might try

TSunset Shimmer Hunts the Undead
College-age Sunset Shimmer and friends battle eldritch horrors in style.
Rune Soldier Dan · 100k words  ·  639  13 · 7k views

and its sequels.

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/20200/Aragon/stories stories in this list that feature Sunset Shimmer, especially in the cover art.
:twilightsmile:

If you want to read about a HUMAN Sunset being ambitious, you could try Starscribe's "Second Sunset," which is about human Sunset trying to explore and investigate the pony world. :-)

FanofMostEverything's "Oversaturated" comes after the first Equestria Girls movie but immediately goes AU. Circumstances kind of force Sunset to be wildly ambitious just to deal with her life.

Estee's "Proof of Concept" is set during Sunset's student days at the School for Gifted Unicorns, but takes an interesting angle on her ambitions.

Justice3442's "Doggone It" is about Sunset discovering a somewhat surprising ambition. :twilightsmile:

It's hard to say whether Cynewulf's "Our World is Suffused With Sound" fits the edge of your category or not. Sunset is going to college but she's still struggling with some questions about what to do with her life. It's good, though! Also short.

If you like these, or if you like SOME of them, you can give some feedback and make a request for more.

Also, like you, I also love Magnetbolt's "Witch of the Everfee," in case that helps you calibrate for my tastes at all.

Also, maybe you could say more about what kind(s) of "ambitious" you're interested in?

I'll throw my shameless self-promotion in. Not quite post-reformation, but she never goes as far down the villain path in my "Student 32: Sunset Shimmer". Her personality ends up about half-way between canon post-reformation and canon pre-reformation, and she had oodles of ambition.

Hunts undead and oversatuation are kindoff not what I'm looking for even though I love those stories to death. Hunts undead is more just helping people then having a larger ambition. Any lather goal she kindogt falls into. Same with oversaturation. I do still love those stories to death their just not what I'm looking for. If it's ok I also wasn't really looking for Human Sunset but that's still a great recommendation so thank you. And thank you for the other recommendations

Thank you I'll look at it

Our interests in stories seem very similar

Drive to do a goal, without nessacrily being forced into it. Like drive to be the best, or be president, or save the world. But like save the world not when destiny calls you but you choosing "I have to save the world" think more Edward Elric then Percy Jackson. Edward didn't have fight to save the world, he chose to fight to do so. Percy was literally destined. Or in the case of Hunter Sunset, she usually fights when there's an enemy right there this secound endangering the world. Vs Edward who thinks about it and has it as a long term goal. And who before was focused on healing his and Alphonses bodies.

Basically the greed is good speach.
https://youtu.be/RkK4mIoj9j8

Sorry if that was confusing or annoying

NVC

*scrolls through random thread*

Oh hey, I remember drawing the cover art for Sunset Shimmer Hunts the Undead. Nice to know that people are still enjoying that story.

I'm writing one and I could use a pre-reader
You can also check out my series on pre-EQG Sunset, still Celestia's Student. She's not quite 'reformed' but... it's complicated.

Our interests in stories seem very similar

To be fair, I am trying to recommend stories that might be enjoyed by more than a small fraction of readers, including maybe this nlinzer person who I know from a discord server. :twilightsmile:

Sorry if that was confusing or annoying

Confusing or annoying!? NO! I think your additional clarification is good, thanks! :twilightsmile:

Drive to do a goal, without nessacrily being forced into it. Like drive to be the best, or be president, or save the world.

For this, I think maybe Estee's "Proof on of Concept" might be good, even though it's set (probably well) BEFORE Sunset even goes to the human world. Sunset turns out to be working on something that it seems must be at least self-directed, because who other than herself could think to tell her to attempt this unusual thing?

Relative to your request, I think the main problem with the story is that it doesn't have enough Sunset. :twilightsmile:

Well I've no shame. Might I interest thee with Sunset's Hellish Adventure?

Your amazing! Wow

I'll try it. Thank you

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22