Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,899 members · 2,600 stories
Comments ( 89 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 89

I'm sure we all heard about the several X-lestia fanon Personalities...

So my question is:
What is your most hated fanon X-lestia character?

Sure, you may hate all of them but what's the number one on that list? The one, who really makes your blood boil.
But it doesn't have to be one the fanon Personalities. It can also include certain actions of her, powers, pairings and the like...

Basically everything that you hate what the fandom made up about her.

I'm torn between xenolestia and trollestia. gods why can't the trollestia meme just die already?:fluttershbad:

I don't hate any of them, and I think hating them is a pretty silly thing to do.

Tyrant-lesta is probably my most hated. That or Molestia... I mean, really? You people think THAT is funny! Some people's children, I am here to tell you.

On a brighter note, here's an awesome pic of Celestia.

Xenolestia...god I hate that!

WS
WS #7 · Feb 4th, 2014 · · 1 ·

Molestia

Plotdevicelestia

Anything that depicts her negatively, really. Some exceptions though:

1. The Nightmare/Villainous depiction of her has to be written well and not as a "fuck you!" to Celestia to make her enjoyable to me.

2. Flaws always makes her a solid character. The more realistic and mundane (eg. she snores loudly) the better.

Celestia in public but RAPETORTUREKILLBECAUSEITSFUNlestia behind closed doors.

Xenolestia. whom is basically Tyrantlestia on steroids.

Makes a good villain, in a monstrous parody of canon Celestia way. Otherwise, I hate this evil counterpart of her.

I do love stories where Xenolestia meet canon Celestia and canon Celestia stops this insane counterpart.

Tyrantlestia along with the Dislestia ship gets my hackles up. Tyrantlestia because everyone assumes that just because she uses Twilight the way she does, she does it without a care for any pony's life. News flash, people! Twilight volunteers her efforts, and you'd have to be a pretty stupid ruler to not accept competent help when offered.

Dislestia bugs me because it implies that Celestia is either blind to, or does not care about the way he treats "lesser beings". Discord is a grade-A jerk, just going on how he laughed when he saw Twilight's heart break over losing her friends, not to mention all the other things he did.

Personally, I think Celestia gets a bigger raw deal from the fandom than any other pony in the show, including Trixie.

2773320 I hate none; if it's a tyrantlestia story and it's bad, I'll avoid it. If it's good, I'll read it. :moustache:

2773320 Basically, any kind of Celestia that portrays her in a negative way, meaning as offense to Celestia herself. In some cases, a negative portrayal of Celestia (evil, Molestia, etc.) can be pretty good, but using a negative portrayal simply to make fun of her is offensive to us all! :twilightangry2:

I guess if I have to go with the worst one I've seen, it would be Starswirl-lestia . A personality of Celestia created on the idea that the spell Star Swirl the bearded was studying turns anypony into a princess and that Star Swirl solved it and became Celestia, making Celestia a creepy stallion in a mares body having really dirty thoughts. Add a bit of Xenolestia, Molelestia, and Tyrantlestia to the mix because apparently Star Swirl was a jerk.

Dislestia isn't too big for me either, at least with how Discord acts as we know him. I'm quite fine with the idea of Celestia dating Discord one time long ago with the thought that Discord was much different back then, but now he's changed and what she saw in him is long gone.

Uselestia. At least give her some competence, even if you're tweaking it to be a reversal of expectations of her being good.

Dislestia just seems hokey to me, as well.

I'm torn between Xenolestia of TCB fame and Gulliblestia from many HiE stories who gets a wangsty misanthrope dropped in her throne room and then proceeds to take everything he says is bad about humanity at face value.

Edit: Unless, of course, they happen to be the same thing, or the latter becomes the former.

Here here!

As Martin Luther King once said:

Hate cannot defeat hate, only love can do that.

Hate only begets more hate.

After thinking about it for a moment: the idea of Dislestia would make for an interesting story.

No, not the shipping of her! A story where Celestia becomes the new bringer of chaos. Either with the two roles of Discord and Celestia reversed (Discord rules the land, and it's Celestia who shows up to ruin everything by being Celestia), or Celestia has a bet with Discord.

Either one should be entertaining. :ajsmug:

Tyrant-lestia. That just drives me mad because I always pictured Luna as more of a tyrant.

Comment posted by Daring Deux deleted Feb 5th, 2014

I don't have anything to hate about her. I would never bring myself to hate her and kind think of it I can't really think of one.

2773320 I don't actually hate Molestia in some cases, because she's usually shown to care about others and want them to be happy, but also to have a rampant and out of control sex drive. When it becomes rape jokes is when I roll my eyes and move on to something less idiotic. Ones I really do hate are Strawlestia, where she's used as a boring generic fun-hater just to prop up Discord, Xenolestia and Tyrantlestia. Also Trollestia when she's completely heartless, but I do like her trollish side when it isn't made so extreme it becomes less pranking and more abuse.

Uselestia. Because even Tyrant Celestia (which I also despise) gets stuff done.

I for one don't really mind anything that's been named. Most of them are done so absurdly OOC and in such silly fashion that it's nothing to take seriously. Naturally the ones that make her more malicious are less so. I suppose that as a writer, the one that gets my very own personal goat is the, ahem: Wise and Virtous and Teasingly Good Humoured Celestia that's Actually an increasingly thin facade covering the Emotionally Crippled and guilt-tripping pity-partying Immortal-Wangst Despairlestia.

It's just so graceless, and Celestia is nothing if not grace.

Your reply was deleted.

-_-

I mean YOUR reply was deleted. :facehoof:

I am aware. I was the one who deleted it.

2776020 But...that's exactly who she is. :rainbowhuh:

I mean, she doesn't show it at all, but that is exactly what she says she feels like in the Season Four opener. She does not always portray this side to her, but it is most definitely there in canon.

Sure she has those traits as more than simply a façade, and she shouldn't wallow in it for the entire story, but those are her coping mechanisms. She has grace, but even grace fails her in place of her actual emotions, as Canterlot Wedding amply shows.

I haven't even heard of the most of these differant Tia's.

Celestia from the Lunar Isolation
http://thedracojayproduct.deviantart.com/gallery/35772532
Being an insensitive callous bitch while Luna is going crazy from solitude and alienation.

Absolutely I agree with you. That's why it bothers me the most when writers get it wrong because it's so very very nearly right. It's like an uncanny valley effect, I suppose. The difference comes down this: Yes you're going to pick up a few scars unseen in a long life, yes Celestia is sensitive, thoughtful, reflective and at times even wistful, and yes it's part of her personality and her princessyness to not go showing anything of the kind outwardly. That said, are these private feelings consuming her to the point that anything she does, says, or implies that's not angsty is a well rehearsed but ultimately fake act done as a sort of ongoing sacrifice of her own wellbeing to ensure Equestria's continued health?
Of course not. (Maybe a little)
Most other 'lestia's are some arbitrary trait added on: lust (:heart:), arrogance, wrath, whereas this one works entirely from her existing characterization and spoils it by gently yet insistently buffing her Regret and Sadness and nerfing her Maturity, Insight and Strength for the whole point of seguewaying more efficiently into ze drama de llama.

Has Celestia gone through a lot? Absolutely! To not have these feelings and as you say coping mechanisms undermines her character just as much as it does to write her as a weak, broken/breaking emotional burnout. She's gone through a lot. That's the point such portrayals as gets my goat, ships my sheep and otherwise verbs my vernacular ignore - she got through it.

Does this clarify my position?

I do love that comic, the moustache of glory!

I'd suggest that the Celestia portrayed here actually falls under what I've been saying - the emotionally stunted, rigidly appearancey-keeping-uppy Celestia who's trapped in her own existence and role, becoming PRINCESS celestia, where she's not only failed to come to terms with her regrets but has also become innoculated, even numb to good feelings. She's not so much cold and callous as she is having lost the ability to express anything or act in anyway other than what her 9-5 regality expects of her.

2778194 ...and I totally hate that image.
I have one story where that shell is violently cracked, and one where it's just a facade of a very likable pony.

2778184 I do mostly agree, but I think that as an interpretation her slowly unravelling after all these years can be sometimes done well. Composure, for instance, has her slowly becoming more and more undone by the idea that she has an emotion she can't control. The story doesn't suggest she isn't strong, calm and unflappable, but does have her mask slowly eat away at her because she is feeling things that she feels go against her image as the perfect princess. Eternal does the same, though with a magically imposed deadline to speed things along.

The thing these stories and others do to justify this idea is to have her having to finally confront the fact that for the first time in generations she has a family, and possibly for the first time in ages she has loved ones. They play with her inexperience with these emotions and the conflict of interest it brings with her image of the perfect pony princess who is always in control, as well as the conflict between her loved ones and her country. I think it can work well if it's done slowly and with some precision, but I agree that having her simply be nothing more than a bundle of angst and whininess is very off putting and a buzzkill in an otherwise well done story on the royals.

2778363 You bring up an interesting point - Celestia has a family, has loved ones. Perhaps a lot of the issue is that when it is done badly, it is because she is so fixed in the past without the writer really being aware they've done it that way so that by not being accomodated or addressed it sort of undermines the present context of whatever story it happens to be.

2778379 Yeah. I agree--like any characterization--when made too extreme it can be done badly. But it can also be done beautifully. I came to the website via these stories, and they all have a very three dimensional Celestia who just happens to also be losing it after all the years of solitude suddenly being filled by ponies she loves.

Don't see Celestia being the bringer of Chaos for a day as something worth having clop.

Maybe if she was the Princess of Love for a day, that would work.

Or Hive Queen of the Changelings for a day.

You have to think outside the box.
Since Chaos is unpredictable and random, Celestia ,as Chaos Bringer, should do something competely unexpected and random.
And what is more unexpected than summoning a human from another dimension and then rutting him completely insane? :ajsmug:
Nothing.
And therefore would be this the justification for clop.:pinkiehappy:

Sounds too logical. To be a chaos bringer you'd need to summon a human from another dimension, tell him she's going to rut him, eventually seduce the human into finding her attractive and wanting to be rutted, then send said human back home.

Though this does give the idea of discord playing as a genie (for motives he will tell later) to a human granting him three wishes. Of course, these are discord wishes so they always have a twist. Would work out well if the human has a crush on Celestia, but has trouble bringing them out with her being a SUN GODDESS and all that.

Also, I just found a comic of how Celestia would beat Discord in a fight.:trollestia:

Awww...that's mean.

Hehehe...First wish: Bend over.:pinkiecrazy:

Lol! Trollestia strikes again.:rainbowlaugh:
Also, i love her face in the first panes. Hmh...sexy.:rainbowwild:

If you made that wish with discord, he'd make it so that you'd Bend over, rear towards Celestia, at the most awkward of times.:pinkiecrazy:

Chaos typically isn't known for being nice.

I'm sure Celestia won't do anything...:twilightsheepish:

....With all those ponies and the other princesses watching.

This guy ^ is reight
*yes thats how you spell it :p*

I also hate it when shes shown as a goddess because it takes away the feeling of "hey, that's a person I can relate to!

2784746 Some fics like Myths and Birthrights play the trope of alicorns being physical gods and goddesses well though. Think of Greek and Norse pantheon, they are like this in that universe.

Tyrantlestia.

How is Tia a tyrant if Luna is the one that wanted eternal night for her own selfishness?

._.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 89