• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 927 Views, 2 Comments

TCB: Changeling Perspectives - CloudTwister



Earth sucked long before Equestria showed up in the Atlantic. I am going to escape it all, no matter the personal cost.

  • ...
3
 2
 927

Chapter 1: The Center

Chapter 1: The Center
I had already gone through the tears and heartbreak that comes with the decision to become a Pony and I was just sick of not being good enough for my family. But damn I was not expecting the total cut off. They even pulled all of my money from the bank and cut me off totally. Well at least they tried to take what I had but I had nothing really anymore. All the objects I owned had been sold off or given to charity. But today was another day for a totally different feeling, and the one rearing its ugly head was pure unbridled anxiety. Once I stepped through those doors there was no turning back. I was totally alone in the world and there was only one way forward, and that was through the double doors of the clinic. This was the first real Conversion Bureau on the west coast and the Pony princess, Celeste I think, had plopped it in the most depressing place in the United States, Seattle Washington. I stomped decidedly forward with my rucksack full of clothes and toiletries and prepared to kiss my humanity goodbye. The doors opened easily, no squeaking whatsoever, and the receptionist nurse pony smiled at me in a way that to the heat out of my anger and calmed me down back to a mildly depressed state.

"Hello, my name is Nurse Feelgood. Do you have an appointment?" She asked in a gorgeous voice.

"Uhhh.. yeah.. My name is Codey… Codey Owens. Im here because my application for Ponification was accepted." I say as she shuffles some files around and pulls out the full application I had filled out. A quick once over and she sees all is in order when I pull out several forms of ID and my SSN and birth certificate.

"Ok Mr. Owens, right this way and we will show you to your room. I hope you don’t mind bunking with some other young men about to go through with the procedure." She shows me through a door and I see a classic multi bed setup with a single bathroom.

"You're bed number two." she says as she points a hoof at a bed. I toss my bag on the bed and promptly sit at the desk and twiddle my phone in my hands, enjoying the motion that I will never be able to do once I become a pony. I don’t even unpack my things, content with using them as a footrest as I lounge in the bed hovering between sleep and insomnia. I finally drift to sleep and while I dream I think of what life is going to become for me. I was totally fine with becoming a vegetarian for the chance at a better life. I just regretted that I had to become a pony in order to actually do this. I was quite sad to leave behind being a human but there was not much that could be done about that since my family was really anti-pony.

That was what saddened me to no end was that even though they had promised me so much that I was going to be loved no matter what I did in my life. Those liars couldn’t handle the fact that their own bigotry and stupidity forced me to move out to escape them. They didn’t even let me alone, constantly bugging me about scripture and all that crap. Then Equestria popped up in the middle of the sea with the offer of a better life.

I was very nearly close to committing suicide in those days as my family began forcibly dragging me to their church on Sunday even though I had a job that I had to go to. It had gotten me fired from so many jobs and not even hired sometimes. There were so few jobs anymore as the times got hard. They tried to get me into the military but I finally put my foot down. Unfortunately that same foot punched through the floor and collapsed it under me. I was now out of money, my family openly scorned me in front of everyone and clinically destroyed the chances I had been able to scrape together to get hired. I even was called repeatedly just so they could harass me.

Needless to say I had since changed the number and pulled all of my money from the bank two days before they had pulled every last little thing they could back away from me. It was far too late as I had all I needed to restart life. This was the final act of severing ties with what I once was. This depressing city didn’t need me and I certainly needed to get out of here if I was to get better.

The weeks pass by quickly as I spend them all on my laptop that will eventually be totally useless to me, unless I became a unicorn. By the All I wished more than ever to become a unicorn like Nurse Feelgood. I had met the other bare bones crew of people and ponies of TCB and they were all very nice and accommodating to me. Then there was the day I was called in. The other transitioners applauded as I stepped down the hallway to the room. There Nurse Feelgood sat in her chair with the little needle of sedative and the potion that would change me. I am afraid of needles but today I was invincible, today I am reborn. Nah I whimpered in fear as she pressed the needle into my arm but still held totally still as she slowly pushed the plunger. I looked at the bottle and drank it. The taste of lemon lime cough syrup hit my tongue as I finished and remembered one thing from my roommate turned pony.

"Man that stuff is trippy one moment you are tasting this grape like stuff and then BAM! You are asleep and going through this trippy dream, like you're on acid. Then you wake up in a different room. But you are now this adorable bundle of fuzz!" He had practically bounced into the room and literally bounced hard enough on his bed to hit the ceiling. You laughed as he comically had rolling eyes and woozy head motions. Wait grape, not lemon-lime…

What the hell did you just drink? You want to ask but you see Nurse Feelgood step over you with a smile on her face. You see her lips move but you cant totally focus but you can hear what she says, but only barely.

"You will wake up in the observation room in a few hours, cant wait to see what you turn out to be."

There is a small flare of pain, a bit like the burns I had when I was playing with the campfire. Then, there is nothing.

Author's Note:

I will update as more chapters come to me... I cant follow a deadline with all that I have on my plate.

Comments ( 2 )

let's see how it goes... many TCB Story's i read tend to either get Grimdark or boring pretty soon, let's see how you pull it of.

mfg Nordic

2470335
Well apart from the initial Transformation there isnt much in the way of anything particularly grimdark. But I have to write it like that for a reason.

Login or register to comment