• Published 24th May 2013
  • 558 Views, 8 Comments

Saving the Moon And Back - Richu Yue



Most ponies have a goal in life. This one doesn't.

  • ...
3
 8
 558

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

She never expected herself to get lost in her own kingdom… Or so she thought. She didn’t know exactly where she was, she assumed it was in that part of Equestria that she and her regal sister never visited. It was all so gloomy and horrid. She was never aware of the starving fillies and colts, homeless. Nor was she informed that more than a half of the population in that town was poor. She always thought that Equestria was happy and peaceful, full of joy and laughter.
The crowd of ponies rushed towards the mare that held a small basket of bread in her hooves. The mare ran as fast as she could from them. A small warm loaf of bread fell from the basket as the mare continued to run. The eyes of hungry colts and fillies flickered to see the loaf, lying there on the ground. They then fought each other for the bread, as if it were a game of life and death. It was a game of life and death. A small brown colt with grey eyes ran away with the warm loaf and hid in a small dark alley, along with three fillies who were supposedly his family. The princess sighed heavily at the scene she had just witnessed.
“Not my filly!” Her head turned to face another trauma. A helpless gray mare was being cornered by two stallions. The first had his blood red mane cut till it was one inch short. He was more muscular and well built than the second. The second’s dust coloured coat was covered by a sleek noir jacket. His straight striped green mane fell till the end of his neck. The first seemed to have a golden ring around his dark cyan ear. The princess had to do something. She just… had to.


The rain started to patter against the cracked unevenly paved sidewalk. The darkness of the unlit night made the bright crimson buildings on the street look black as a chunk of coal mined from Marezona. They came in various sizes, short and tall and most were crooked like the pavement itself. Between the two smallest buildings came a small candle light. It was being held by a large cloaked figure. The cloaked figure took a few steps back from the main road and then jolted into a running speed being buildings. They then stopped in the smallest and darkest alley in the town. A small crooked door with the rusted numbers lied atop the red brick wall. The pony pulled out a small paper and unfolded it, revealing three numbers and then looked at the paper then back at the door repeatedly.
“Three hundred and thirty five. This has to be the place.” A harsh male voice spoke from the cloak and folded away the paper back into his cloak. He placed a midnight blue hoof on the rusty door handle and pushed it down with a lot of his might. The pale door opened to a small dark room, not dusty at all. He placed the candle on a table next to the door and walked in. The door closed behind him, leaving him jolt with surprise. The curtains opened, but not letting enough light in to show the colours of the figure in front of him.
“You finally arrived.” A feminine voice escaped the figure. A few hoof steps were heard and a small creaking sound was made, by a chair being pulled. The feminine figure sat down and smirked. “Surely, you have news for her to hear?” The cloaked pony nodded. “Take off your cape and put it next to the candle, General.” He did as he was instructed and took off his cloak with no struggle. His jet black spiked mane and his maple eyes were revealed. The General placed the cloak on the hanger next to the candle, pushing the candle away from it so it would not catch fire. “Please stand in the light. She cannot see you.” He nodded with acceptance and stood in front of the window, where there was some light.
“My mistress, I have news… But it isn’t what you expect..” He murmured and made a light shrug. The mare raised an eyebrow in interest and frowned in disapproval of his statement.
“What is the news you wish to tell?” She snapped impatiently and with an irritated tone in her voice. A few more hoof steps were heard, not knowing where they came from. She didn’t seem to care. The general took a small step back in discomfort and sighed.
“We haven’t captured the Princess yet, nor her jewel.” He stated with a weak voice, as if he was scared of the mare before him. Her face turned into a snarl, which sent a cold shiver down his spine. He took a deep breath and began to explain. “When we went to her room, she must have already known we would be there. One of our guards was spying for her and informed her of our ambush. She might have taken the jewel with her-”
“Wait… You actually think the jewel is a literal jewel?” She interrupted him with a questioning pitch in her voice. He nodded, confused why she had interrupted him with an obvious question. She made a crackling laugh which made him take a step back again. “Kage, Kage, Kage…” She sniggered “Every tale uses some sort of wording to disguise something that has actually happened. Your little tale about Luna’s jewel is not a literal jewel. The ‘jewel’ is in fact a pony not close to Luna.”
“Are you insisting we not only kill Luna, but the ‘jewel’?” Kage questioned her with a slight discomfort in his voice. She nodded with a smirk on her face. “But how are we to find the jewel?”
“Search for it. Everywhere.” She answered immediately. “If you want a better Equestria, you first kill Luna and her jewel, the first two of the immortal ponies, then our little sun goddess then the other princess… What was her name… Oh yes, Cadence.”
“What about Princess Twilight-”
“She will take care of Princess Twilight personally… We have some… Rivalry.” The mare interrupted to answer his predictable question. He nodded.
“As you wish, Great and Powerful.” He murmured, taking a small bow before the mare. She lifted a hoof, signalling him to leave. He took a few steps back to his candle and cape. He strapped his cape and threw the hood of it over his head. He then levitated the candle using his magic. He opened the door with a slight creaking sound, took another small bow and left the room with a quiver in his step.
Trixie will take care of Twilight personally… Oh yes she will…


Comments ( 1 )

Ooh, you didn't give this to me to look over! >:(

Just messin' with you anyhow. All you need to do is indent paragraphs and start new ones when a new person begins talking.

And I know you probably hate me right now. I'll be on tomorrow, we'll talk then. Promise.

Login or register to comment