• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 13,471 Views, 622 Comments

A Little Smarty Problem - Sparknanator



Twilight has been trying to get Smarty Pants back for a while now but Big Mac refuses to return her so late one night Twilight comes up with a plan to get Smarty Pants back but was it worth it after all?

  • ...
45
 622
 13,471

Chapter 6

A Little Smarty Problem

By

Sparknanator

***

The next day had come rather quick, Smarty Pants was still laying in Applebloom’s bed. Just starting to wake up, the grey filly let out a small yawn before cracking her eyes open. When she did, her eyes were assaulted by rays of sunlight coming through the window. Smarty Pants snapped her eyes shut almost immediately, groaning a little, “I wanna go back to sleep” she thought to herself as she shifted around a bit to try getting comfortable, only to feel something cold and damp under her.

The filly shifted around again, trying to get the feeling to go away but no matter what it would not. Eventually Smarty sat up rubbing her eyes, she wasn’t ready to wake up but if thats what it took to get that feeling to go away, she would. She let out one more yawn, trying to fully wake up before she went downstairs for breakfast.

Smarty stretched her little limbs before opening her eyes, she shielded them from the light, still not liking the fact that the window had no curtains. Using her hooves, the grey filly jumped out of bed. Looking around Applebloom’s room she saw a mirror, she trotted over to it so she could see her full reflection. Smarty blinked at seeing herself in this mirror, it was then she noticed a distinct feature she had not noticed before. Her eyes. One of them looked like Big Mac’s and the other eye looked like Twilight’s this confused the filly, even more because she had not seen anypony with two different eye colors.

She had never even heard of a pony with two eye colors. “Smarty time ta’ wake up!” Big Mac said, poking his head in the room and causing Smarty to jump and scream. “Ah didn’t realize ya’ were already awake.’” Big Mac said, “Now come on, time fer’ breakfast.” Big Mac said. As Smarty started walking towards the door, he noticed a dark spot on the bed, “After we get’cha outta those pajamas.” Big Mac said stopping Smarty in her tracks.

“Why?” Smarty asked with genuine curiosity.

Big Mac shook his head, “Because they are wet jus’ like tha’ bed.” He said, helping the filly get zipper “Juice before bed what was ah thinkin’?” Big Mac thought to himself as he got the pajamas off, “Ah made pancakes fer’ breakfast.”

Smarty tilted her head, “What are pancakes?” She asked.

The red stallion couldn't help but chuckle, “Ah think ya’ will like’em.” he watched as Smarty zipped off downstairs. “That little filly has a lot ta’ learn bout’ tha’ world.” He smiled and followed her down.

***

Twilight had woken up early in the morning, as always, and she went down to the kitchen; still in her nightgown. She had put on a pot of coffee, the lavender mare smiled because today felt like it was going to be a good day. Other than the fact that she had to go and see Big Mac in order to get Smarty Pants. She went over to the fridge, opening it so she could get started on breakfast. Twilight knew that Spike thought she was signing him up for school so she was going to have to make him something special.

Twilight smirked, her gem encrusted waffles always seemed to do the trick for the small dragon. No matter what type of mood he was in, it always brightened up his day. Although she only made them when she had bad news to give. Twilight sighed as she levitated a jar over, grabbing a few sapphires and emeralds and opening one of the cabinets. She grabbed some of the things she would need to make waffles and sat them on the counter. Opening the fridge, she quickly grabbed some eggs and began to mix the ingredients for Spike’s special ‘Bad news’ waffles.

Even as a filly Twilight made sure Spike’s food was made before she went near her own. Twilight’s ear twitched as she heard Spike’s footsteps. She was not looking forward to what she had to do. Twilight put on her best smile as the baby dragon walked into the kitchen, sitting down in a chair, ready for his breakfast, “Morning Twilight.” Spike said. putting a claw in front of his mouth yawning. “What’s for breakfast?” Spike asked his mother figure.

Twilight looked over at Spike, “Just a little something special.” She said though on the inside she felt as if she was lying, but then again she did only make these on special occasions so it wasn’t a complete lie. “I’m sure if I just come out and say it, Spike won’t be upset in the slightest. He is mature enough to handle this.” she thought. Twilight sat down, deciding not to try and wait until a much later time to tell Spike. She sighed again, “Spike I need to have a serious talk with you.” Twilight said.

Spike cocked his head. “A serious talk?” the baby dragon knew anytime Twilight said that, it normally meant bad news, “Wait a-are you going to send me back to Canterlot?! Twilight whatever I did I’m sorry!” Spike was already in a full blown panic, tears starting to form in his eyes.

“No Spike, you didn’t do anything wrong.” Twilight said, “I need you to calm down first” Twilight watched as Spike used the same technique that Cadence had taught her before wiping his eyes, “Now I know when Cheerilee brought those paper over you thought they were meant for you.” She gulped, “This is going to be harder than I thought...” Twilight looked at Spike, keeping her expression as neutral as she could. She had no clue how Celestia was always able to keep a calm face, even in front of ponies who probably made her want to facehoof repeatedly.

“But they were right?” Spike asked.

Twilight was ready to scream by this point, “No Spike, those papers were meant for Smarty Pants.” Twilight put it simply. She knew Spike would be upset with her over this, “But on the bright side, I did make you some of my famous gem waffles.” Twilight said, hoping that would cheer him.

Spike looked down in disappointment, “I’m not hungry anymore.” He mumbled, causing Twilight to wince a little. She looked at him, “I’ve been saying for years that I wanted to go to school!” Spike snapped, “And every year you always say I can’t!”

“Spike calm down please.” Twilight said, “And it's because you are still a baby dragon.” she tapped her hoof on her chin. “But…” she began, “I do know a couple of places you could go.”

***

Everypony stared at Smarty in pure shock, the filly had eaten nearly ten times her own weight in pancakes. She had little bits of it on her mouth along with some syrup that kept it stuck there. Leaving a doughy-carmel brown moustache of sorts. The filly took her glass of orange juice before polishing it off, the filly giggled at the fact they were all named after some type of apple or had apple in their name but they drank orange juice. “What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Smarty asked, finally noticing their stares.

Applejack just blinked, “J-jus’ tha’ fact ya’ ate that much.” She said, still in shock she pushed a napkin over to Smarty. The filly looked at it before grabbing her fork, “Hold on Smarty ya’ need ta’ wipe yer’ face with that.” Applejack chuckled, taking the napkin in her hoof she helped Smarty clean her face up. When she removed the napkin Smarty had a disgruntled look on her face. She clearly hadn’t liked that. “There ya’ go.” Applejack said, “Now ah got’cha somethin’ Smarty but yer’ goin’ ta’ have ta’ wait a bit before ya’ get it”.

Smarty smiled “You got me something? Really auntie?” She asked with excitement in her voice; completely forgetting having her face wiped clean. She had also wondered about the two brown paper bags which were sitting on the counter and why they had her and Applebloom’s names on them though she said nothing about it.

“Smarty arn’cha excited?” Applebloom asked.

“Excited? Excited for what?”Smarty asked looked at Applebloom.

Applebloom had to suppress a giggle. “Yer’ first day of school.” Applebloom said, “An’ can ya’ do me a favour?” Applebloom asked and Smarty nodded. “Don’t call me auntie like, ever!”

“Oh, sorry aun- I mean Applebloom.” Smarty said as her ears wilted a little.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter everypony now my question

What do you think the idea Twilight has is?

Also the next chapter...oh it shall be fun!