• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 2,283 Views, 23 Comments

Dashie's secret love. - Radical Genie



Rainbow Dash cannot resist the allure of the super-special-awesome Daring Do!

  • ...
4
 23
 2,283

Dashie's secret love.

The river's powerful current raged below Daring Do as she leapt. A crocodile snapped at the air where the adventurous pegasus had been moments before. Landing on the next stepping stone, nearly lost her footing on the slippery rock. Behind her, a tiger leapt swiftly from stone to stone. She scanned the river for more stepping stones.

There! It was far, but with help from her good wing she might make it. A low growl confirmed her pursuer was right behind her as she leapt again, unfolding her good wing and flying as well as she could. Suddenly a sharp pain stabbed through her injured wing. "No! Not now!" she cried as she rapidly lost height. Straining with all her might, she concentrated on her good wing, barely making the distance. As she scrambled to get a foothold, she felt a shadow come over her. She turned her head and stared directly into the open maw of the tiger.

Suddenly a cyan blur impacted with the tiger, sending it tumbling into the river. "Don't you dare touch Daring Do, or I'll come after you!" Rainbow Dash laughed heroically. The cyan pegasus flew down and grabbed Daring Do, lifting the tired adventurer away from the river.

"Oh Rainbow Dash, you're my saviour!" Daring Do said. "Let's make out!" With eyes closed, she puckered her lips, leaning towards Rainbow Dash. As their lips met, a loud voice was heard in the distance...


"Hello Rainbow Dash! Are you home?" Twilight Sparkle said, looking expectantly at the cloud where the rainbow-maned pony made her home. "I've got some more Daring Do books for you!"

Rainbow Dash sat up. A smile crept slowly over her face. "I'm here, Twi! I'll be down in a sec!" Making sure to hide the paper she'd been writing in just in case, the pegasus hurried down to the ground. She landed in front of Twilight, smiling broadly. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Are those the books?"

"Calm down, dash. Yes, these are the books." the lavender unicorn said with a small chuckle, levitating the books onto Rainbow Dash's back. "You'll love them. These are the best in the series."

Dash nearly fainted with excitement. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Thanks a bunch, twilight! You're the best friend anypony could wish for!" Rainbow Dash hugged Twilight, causing the unicorn to blush a deep crimson.

"Say, Rainbow Dash?" Twilight said after they'd pulled away. "I was wondering if, uhm, if maybe we could..." The unicorn swallowed a lump. "If we could... go out some time? You know, eat dinner together." she shuffled her hooves.

The pegasus, who had been studying the books' covers, briefly looked up. "Hm? Yeah, sure, why not?" she said obliviously. "I know a pretty good restaurant." Rainbow Dash looked up at her cloud home. "Listen, twi, I'd really like to get started on these books. Catch you later?"

"Oh, sure Rainbow Dash. I look forward to the date!" Twilight called back to Dashie as she walked back towards Ponyville. But the pegasus was already back on her cloud.

Pulling out the paper that she'd hidden earlier, Rainbow Dash lightly stroked the paper. "Oh Daring Do," she said. "Nopony must know of our forbidden love."

Comments ( 23 )

I have nothing to say but... LO :rainbowlaugh:

Oops, I meant LOL

190980
You have NO IDEA how relieved I am that the first comment is a positive one. I'm shaking with with excitement, and caffeine. Probably mostly caffeine.

this is great, but small plot hole... but how did twilight get to dash's cloud house?

191000
If I recall correctly, Dash's cloud house is pretty close to the ground. Should be within shouting distance.

Uh, if I'm wrong about that, MST3K mantra applies.

191000
Cloudwalk plus Teleport. Magic FTW.
Good short, I would love to see this expanded upon.

191011
I doubt I'll expand on this much. I've got another story in the works, and only stopped to write this because, well, I pretty much had to. Couldn't let this idea go unused.

This fits very well with my view of both Twilight and Rainbow, and also makes allot of sense overall. I would very much like to see more of this. Good job

Ah, Twidash and an oblivious Rainbow: a combination I've come to love immensely.:pinkiehappy:
I know this is probably a one-shot, but I'd really like to see where this could go. For instance; Twilight finding Rainbow's fanfiction, or Rainbow's reaction when she finds out Twilight didn't mean 'as friends.'
It was incredibly short, but still a good read, bravo.

150 views in a little under half an hour, oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!:rainbowkiss:

*snicker*
BAHHAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

I knew Rainbow would find someone in common (even though Daring Do is a fictional character). Love to see another chapter but I understand if you have another good project you're working on. Good start though! :yay:

Sequel with hilarious twidash must be made!

Soooo... Is Daring Do going to have an 18-30 year old male fan base? Fanbase inside a fanbase! FANBASECEPTION!

This was rather amusing.

And that's all I've got really.

lol wut? :rainbowlaugh:
its like that episode of teen girl squad.
"Why hello there, The Ugly One. You're looking quite makey-outey tonight."
"So are you, Mr. Hotbod Handsomeface."

hahaha i certainly approve of your awesome.:moustache:

Lawlz!!! i had a crush on kendra from fablehaven... i can relate...:derpytongue2::rainbowkiss:

I was going to make a positive comment, then I realised it had "Complete" under the chapter list. You could do much better on this, damn it.
I believe in you.

193292

Oh, alright. By popular demand, this story will be continued some day. Not yet, though, because I'm working on another story. Still, I've changed it's status from "completed" to "on hiatus". That'll have to satisfy you for now.

"OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE GREATEST FANFICTION I EVER SEEN ON MY LIFE! "NOBODY MUST LEARN ABOUT OUR FORBIDDEN [SPOILERS]". THERE IS THIS PONIE, WHO LIKES A FICTIONAL PONIE OF THE SAME GANDER. AND TH-"

Ah forget it. Tracked anyways because I want to see what happens despite how predictable the story is.

I want to see where this goes. Please go on.

Hilarious. Glad it'll be continued someday, and i'll read your other fanfic you're working on too. ....Still Prefer Twilight with Celestia or Spike, but that's not here or there in this discussion. ....Although, I CAN see a younger Twilight having a crush on Daring Do. Might be why she falls for Dash.

Login or register to comment