• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 827 Views, 8 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 8
 827

Defend the Array

The Blood Phoenixes defeated the Warp Stag and his Eldeer strike force on Salika, and returned to the Ponigeddon.

"Excellent work, Commander Hammerheart." said Goliath. "Without Warp Stags stirring up the Hogs, Salika is far more secure. It still remains unclear what the Eldeer hope to gain by provoking the Hogs. Whatever their purpose, the Eldeer are using all their trickery to disrupt communications outside the sector. We are uncertain how they are managing this, but our Zebras described their interference as a shadow across the warp."

"A shadow across the warp?" Pinkie asked. "Those were their exact words?"

"Yes." Nule answered, "Those were their exact words Pinkie. We have more immediate problems, however. Mek Bangshocka is mounting another offensive on the capital, and I need to see to our defenses. Secure Salika quickly, I could use you back here soon. Nule out." The transmission ended, leaving Hammerheart's squad to talk amongst themselves.

"Why so concerned with the ravings of Zebras, Pinkie?" Hoovitus asked.

"No reason." said Pinkie, lowering her voice. "I just hope that casting a shadow across the warp is an ability the Eldeer truly have... For all our sakes."

Hammerheart brought up the map of Mount Icarus on Salika, where another vulnerable target of great value stood defenseless against the ever growing Hog horde.

"Commander Hammerheart," said a TechDrake by the name of Spike, "the Pigskins continue to attack vulnerable targets. A communications array has come under attack from a Hog horde. They seek to loot and destroy this important structure. These arrays improve our communications across the sub-sector and allow us to monitor enemy movements. We cannot afford to lose that advantage."