• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 827 Views, 8 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 8
 827

The Fall of Captain Nule

On the planet surface, south of Angus, Bangshocka and some Hogs were moving to attack the capital with one of their Wartrukks following them.

"Gah, move any slowa?" one of the Hogs said impatiently. The trukk suddenly stalled out and stopped dead.

"Uh, B-Boss?" the driver called, "I fink we frew a geary fing."

"WOT?!" Bangshocka yelled in angry disbelief. "You gitz can't do anyfing right! I'll haff ta fix it meself!" He went to the trukk and checked for the problem. A whistle echoed in the air, and a drop pod smashed the trukk into scrap, sending Bangshocka flying and killing the driver. Hammerheart and the Pony Marines emerged from the pod and shot at the other Hogs.

"Eliminate those Hogs!" said Applejack.

"Poniez!" one of the Hogs yelled, "Let'z get shootin'!"

Bangshocka turned and waddled away from the Pony Marines. "Get dese grass-munchas offa me backside!" Bangshocka yelled as he left the Hogs for dead to the Pony Marines.

"The Hog leader, he's getting away!" said Pinkie as they finished off the other Hogs. They started galloping after the Hog Boss, who was standing behind some cacti.

"Meet me Stormboarz." said Bangshocka. "Dey're nashty."

Stormboarz jumped off the cliff nearby with their crudely-made rocketpacks, and landed in front of the Blood Phoenixes. The Pony Marines instantly began to opened fire on the Hogs.

"Kill dese gitz, boarz!" said Bangshocka as he boarded another trukk. "I'm headin' fer da ponie base."

The Pony Marines killed every last Hog and continued up the road.

"Commander Hammerheart," said Spike, "that Hog is heading to lead an attack on the town gates. Pursue and eliminate him."

More Hogs appeared, and the Blood Phoenixes shot at every single one as they hurried up the road. They eventually spotted the trukk that Bangshocka rode.

"Let'z shoot da camp now, ya gitz!" said a Hog. The trukk shot at the walls, but a Hunter Tank appeared through the gates and fired at the trukk, blowing it to scrap metal and scattering Hog parts. Hammerheart and his squads joined in as well, and shot at the assaulting Hogs.

"Commander Hammerheart," said Spike, "if Angus falls, all of Dolmaska goes with it. You must prevent the Hogs from breaching the city gates. Drive the Hogs back."

Hammerheart and the Pony Marines moved in front of the gates and shot at the Hogs, so far managing to hold their own. Bangshocka waddled up with more Hogs following behind.

"You lot 'ave made a mess of all me planz!" Bangshocka yelled. "I don't appreciate dat!"

Hammerheart charged at the Hog and they clashed, while the others took care of the Shoota Boarz. Though Bangshocka was a tough Hog, his big knife was no match against the Commander's blade. In a quick move, Hammerheart slashed at the Hog, cutting open his belly and spilling his guts on the ground.

"Oh, dat'z much too big an 'ole ta be in a Hog like me..." said Bangshocka before he dropped dead to the dirt.

The Hog was finished, but then the Pony Marines received a call from Captain Nule.

"Nule to all Blood Phoenixes:" said Goliath, "Prepare for emergency extraction to the Ponigeddon. We are facing far more than Hogs or Eldeer." The Pony Marines looked at each other in confusion.

"Commander Hammerheart," said Spike, "Captain Nule needs your aid. Deploy to his position immediately."

Hammerheart and the Blood Phoenixes quickly headed to Nule's position, but halfway there, they were attacked by large bug-like creatures the size of foals. They struck and opened fire at the animals. There seemed to be endless amounts of them, but they soon turned and headed off somewhere else.

"What were those things?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

Pinkie scowled and bared her teeth. "A foe far deadlier than Hogs and Eldeer, Rainbow Dash." She said.

They passed a barricade, and more of the beasts promptly crawled after them.

"More xenos!" Applejack yelled. "Fight through to Cap'n Nule!" Hammerheart slashed at the animals while the others shot at them. When the coast was clear, they continued through until they found Goliath and his squads being swarmed by the monsters.

"There he is!" Applejack shouted.

"Hammerheart!" Nule yelled, "I ordered all of you to extract, not to run to your deaths!"

Hammerheart and the others quickly engaged the strange animals, slashing at them and putting bullets through them. The swarm of beasts was massive, but their numbers were soon dwindling.

"Keep fighting, we're pushing them back!" Applejack shouted.

"We will kill every last one of them!" said Hoovitus as he tore through the xenos with waves of heavy bolter rounds. The blood of both Pony Marines and the animals splattered everywhere as the fight continued to grow intense.

"Meteorite, inbound on your position." Spike warned.

"Not a meteorite, Spike." said Pinkie as she looked up at the incoming object. "That is a Paranid spore!"

The spore hit the ground and splattered to pieces, revealing a Paranid larger and more dangerous than the others.

"Paranid Warrior!" Pinkie yelled.

The Paranid Warrior lunged at a small squad of Tactical Pony Marines and began its brutal attack.

"Kill the large warrior beast!" Pinkie shouted. "It is directing the others!"

They opened fire on the large Paranid, but the creature's endurance was formidable. The Paranid Warrior then lunged at Goliath, and started to slash at the Captain. It spat vile fluids onto Nule, and then shoved him to the ground.

"No!" Nule yelled before the warrior pierced him with its scythe-like claws. "GAUGH!!! Gack!"

"Captain Nule!" Rainbow Dash yelled. The Pony Marines began shooting at the Paranids that surrounded the fallen Captain.

"Get to Cap'n Nule!" said Applejack.

Hammerheart charged at the swarm and smashed through the small ones, but the Paranid Warrior jumped over him and took off away from the Blood Phoenixes.

"The warrior beast is getting away!" Applejack yelled.

"Captain Nule!" said Spike, "Get to Captain Nule!"

Hammerheart slashed at the Paranids surrounding Goliath and picked up the fallen Captain.

"We have Cap'n Nule!" said Applejack.

"Lightningeagle One. Emergency extraction at relay coordinates." said Spike. "Lightningeagle Three and Four. Follow with bombing run purification spread."

A Lightningeagle landed at the Blood Phoenixes' position, while two others dropped explosives and utterly annihilated any Paranid that was within their blast radius.

"Purge the animal." said Spike. "And may the Empress be with us all."