• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 827 Views, 8 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 8
 827

Rippa-Shredda

Hammerheart brought up the map of the Salika Arena, where a swarm of Paranids have been running about.

"Commander Hammerheart," said Pegalos, "the Paranid swarm continues to strike at vulnerable targets. A powerful Paranid Warrior has led its brood into shelters and other areas previously thought safe. The consequences on morale have been disastrous. Worse still, this outbreak, if not stamped out quickly, could destabilize the entire region. Eliminate this beast quickly to keep our holdings secure, and drive the swarm back."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The drop pod landed near a stone tower, and Hammerheart and his fellow Siblings emerged onto the stone walk.

Hoovitus was not very pleased with the mission. "We are to tend to the fears of the masses now?" He asked.

"No." said Applejack, "We fight the enemy, wherever they hide. Be wary of ambushes."

The Blood Phoenixes crossed the bridge to the shelters and traveled another few miles before finding the Paranid warrior beasts with swarms of other Paranids. They opened fire upon the swarm and left them a bloody mess on the ground. The three warrior beasts went in to attack. Hammerheart took up his power sword and charged at the monsters, knocking them down to the ground. Rainbow Dash revved up her chainsword and took to the sky. Hammerheart dive-rolled out of the way before the Pegasus Marine slammed into the ground, sending the Paranids flying. One was caught in Goliath's mighty grip and was crushed like the insect it was before he threw it off the cliff. Applejack and Hoovitus aimed their guns and killed another beast with combined fire. The last beast got back up after a moment of disorientation, but a blade through its heart said otherwise. With a couple plasma rounds to the head, the creature went limp and slid off of Hammerheart's sword.

"Those who fear death can emerge from beneath their beds now." said Hoovitus.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Pony Marines were brought back aboard the Ponigeddon after a brief mission that left Hoovitus sighing with disappointment.

"I have been studying Chapter records," said Rainbow Dash, "and these look to be the same Paranids the Aquamarines faced on Tuscis."

"They may very well be from that Hive Fleet, Rainbow Dash." said Pinkie. "This is what makes the Paranids so deadly. Only a few hive ships need to escape a battle for the Hive Fleet to survive. These hive ships will go on to devour a few poorly defended worlds. This provides the biomass needed to replenish the Hive Fleet, and make it even larger given enough time. Every Hive Fleet we have encountered has had the potential to topple the Equestrium. And each one has the potential to spawn any number of splinter fleets if they escape to weaker sectors. Mark my words, Rainbow Dash. The Equestrium has no shortage of deadly enemies, but they all pale in comparison to the Paranids."

Green Fang Gorge started blinking, and Hammerheart brought it up to scale. Captain Pegalos came up on screen.

"Commander Hammerheart," said Pegalos, "we have finally located the Hog who knows the location of the astronomic array. This Hog is a rabid animal who has been infused into one of their obscene war machines. This Pigskin calls himself Rippa-Shredda, and is obsessed with technology. Destroy this animal walker, and recover the location of the astronomic array. This is our only hope of finding a critical weakness in the Hive Fleet, Commander."