• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 827 Views, 8 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 8
 827

Now She Wakes to the Threat

The streets of the Capital Spire were quiet, too quiet. Not a single Eldeer, Equestrial Guardpony, or civilian was in sight. The silence was soon broken by the sound of a drop pod roaring out of the sky and landing on the street. Hammerheart and his fellow Battle Siblings emerged from the pod.

"The animal walker's location is flagged on your map display, Commander Hammerheart." said Spike. "This giant wields bizarre and dangerous technologies."

"Our weapons will find their mark." said Hoovitus.

The Blood Phoenixes trotted through the desolate streets to the flagged point in search for the Eldeer mech. When they found it, they were quickly attacked by Eldeer warriors. The Treelord stood thirty feet tall on four skinny but stable legs. Its head was pearl white and faceless, with a big glowing symbol in the center. It wielded a large, curved sword and a big Splinter Pistol in its magical grip. When the Pony Marines killed off the Eldeer, they then turned their attention to the Treelord. Captain Nule engaged the animal alongside Hammerheart. The Treelord slashed at Goliath and shot at Hammerheart, but Nule blocked and Hammerheart dodge rolled. Goliath swung his grappling limb and slammed the Treelord in the side, making it fall to the ground. Hammerheart then flipped his sword, raised it high, and pierced its head. The Treelord wailed, flailed, and twitched until it went limp.

"Prancayla feared you ponies would be the death of us." said a dying Warlock. "As ever, fate proves her right." His head dropped, and life escaped his corpse.

Applejack raised an eyebrow at what the Eldeer said. "The Warlock mentioned another Eldeer, Prancayla." She said. "This could be the Eldeer leading operations in the sector."

"I will contact the fleet, Commander Hammerheart." said Spike. "Chapter records may hold information on her."

Hammerheart and the Pony Marines were soon extracted back aboard the Ponigeddon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Commander Hammerheart, Applejack was correct." said Spike. "I have finished an analysis of additional data recovered from our recent battles against the Eldeer on Galantius. They somehow manage to interfere with our scans of the Galantius system. I have compensated, and I fear there is far more evidence of Paranid infestation on Galantius than I believed. What's more, long range scans show the Hive Fleet is accelerating toward the capital world. I have transferred protocols for counteracting the Eldeer sensor baffling to key stations across Galantius."

Administrator Fluttershy came up on screen, with a worried look on her face.

"Commander Hammerheart, this is Fluttershy." She said. "the skies... I mean... This animal swarm is filling the skies over Galantius."

Hoovitus rolled his eyes. "Now she wakes to the threat."

Fluttershy looked down in shame. "I... I apologize for my rudeness earlier, Sergeant Hoovitus, was it? The Eldeer's sabotage campaign has crippled our defenses. Your help in keeping Galantius secure is critical."

Rainbow Dash leered her eyes. "Where is Governor Brae Tyre in all this?" She asked.

"Governor Brae Tyre and the Privy Council have withdrawn to... strategize." Fluttershy said in minor anger. "My failure to heed your warnings has already cost hundreds of thousands of lives in the Hub Spires. Commander Hammerheart, I implore you. Help us keep Galantius from falling."