• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 827 Views, 8 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 8
 827

The Killer Mantis

The Pony Marines slew the fell Paranid beast and headed back aboard the Ponigeddon.

"A great victory, Commander Hammerheart." said Pegalos. "Our Unicorns report the Hive Fleet shuddered and screamed when you dealt the killing blow. And we are even closer to obtaining the bio-toxin we need to execute our plan of attack."

"This Mantodea was frustratingly close to giving us a pure genetic sample," said Rashet, "but it has undergone small mutations. We did gather valuable data, though. And we are getting close to isolating the primary hive's genetic template."

"Why must we find a primary hive?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Paranids mutate rapidly, Sergeant." Pegalos explained. "This is what makes them such deadly opponents. They are constantly evolving to counter our weaponry. A primary hive contains the original genetic template for a Hive Fleet. If you can find that, you can predict several generations of mutations."

"Yes," said Rashet, "finding a primary hive will allow us to develop a poison that will kill all Paranid variants quickly. They will not have time to adapt a resistance."

Hammerheart brought up the orbital map of Swalak Ruins and quickly spotted another Paranid problem.

"A powerful Paranid creature has been spotted, Commander Hammerheart." said Pegalos. "This insidious beast is an especially powerful Ravager. It has burrowed through multiple Equestrial Guard outposts, wreaking havoc with morale. The beast's power means it likely spawned from a primary hive, one that could provide us with a valuable genetic sample. Killing this Ravager will bring us one step closer to finding a primary hive."