• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 827 Views, 8 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
7
 8
 827

Alicorn Gate

Hammerheart zoomed in on the area Alicorn Forge was located, and Administrator Fluttershy appeared on screen.

"Commander Hammerheart," She said, "the major gate in the Alicorn Forge defensive wall is open. The Paranid swarm is pouring through, and we also have reports that Hog Bandits are operating in the area. Unless the gate is closed and the enemy driven back, Alicorn Forge is doomed. Only the Empress's Pony Marines can seal the gate."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Down in the Alicorn Forge area, the rain poured, alarms were going off, and search lights were moving their blinding gaze from one location to another.

"Attention: Xeno attack imminent." a voice said through an intercom. "All residents report to designated hub-shelters without delay."

Ponies were galloping frantically to get to safety, going past Equestrial motivational posters and pushing each other aside.

"Display identity badges at all times." said the intercom. "Report xeno sightings without delay. Remember: The faithful shall have the Empress's protection."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

At a closed ground door, the sound of an incoming drop pod could be heard in the downpour. The pod landed on the door, and the Blood Phoenixes emerge onto the battlefield and moved out. Rainbow Dash took to the sky to search for any signs of Pony life.

"Commander Hammerheart," said Fluttershy, "base defenses failed almost twenty minutes ago."

"What of the base gates?" Pinkie asked.

"The power supply failed." Fluttershy answered. "This silenced base guns and left the Guardponies dangerously exposed. The same generators power the gates. Alicorn Gate must be closed or the forge will fall. I am relaying the generator coordinates to your map display. You must activate at least three of them to close Alicorn Gate."

Rainbow Dash returned with somewhat good news. "Some Equestrial Guard squads are still fighting the enemy, Commander Hammerheart." She said.

Hoovitus blew smoke out his nostrils. "Cowering behind closed doors is more likely, Rainbow Dash." He stated. "Cowards, one and all!"

Applejack shook her head to her old partner. "Tools of the Empress are meant to be used, not wasted." She said.

"Agreed, Applejack." said Pinkie, "We should provide assistance if we can."

They trotted through the streets, shooting at whatever Paranid creatures dared to attack them, and grouped up with the Guardponies Rainbow Dash found. They continued their march and eventually spotted another small squad.

"There! More survivors." Rainbow Dash said, recognizing the small squad.

The Guardponies shot at the Paranids with as much effort as they could throw at them. The Pony Marines came up and shot the animal monsters, saving the Ponies the trouble.

The Sergeant of the Guardpony squad came up to Hammerheart with utmost respect. "Commander." He addressed, "Sergeant Wolverine, 85th Stabelson. You have my thanks."

The Guardponies who accompanied the Pony Marines grouped with the other squad, and the Blood Phoenixes resumed their march through the animal-infested streets. The Paranids were swarming in masses, but Hammerheart and the others wouldn't allow defeat. They hacked, slashed, shot, and blew up the monsters. Finding the three generators seemed to have taken forever, but with one pull of the switch on the last one, three odd-shaped devices rose from the street.

"Alicorn Gate is closing." said Sergeant Wolverine.

"It's closing!" a Guardpony shouted.

The reinforced wall slid in from the sides and linked with each other, locking in place and keeping the animals out.

"Hail the Heroes of Alicorn Gate!" another Guardpony shouted in glory. "Thank the Empress!"

"Well done, Commander Hammerheart." said Fluttershy. "Galantius is in your debt."

Applejack approached Hammerheart. "Commander, the Hog Bandits remain a serious concern." She said. "Disabling the base generators speaks of some sort of plan. They must want something here. With your permission I will oversee the mop up operations. I do not want to leave anything to chance."

Hammerheart, trusting his Battle Sibling, nodded his head, and Applejack took a couple Pony Marines and headed off to investigate.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Back on board the Ponigeddon, the others were tending to their recovery from the battle when Spike received a call.

"Commander Hammerheart," He said, "a signal from Alicorn Forge. It is Sergeant Applejack."

Spike pressed buttons and Applejack appeared on screen. "Commander Hammerheart," She said, "we have spotted Hogs making for storehouses north of Alicorn Gate. I think this may have been their goal all along."

Administrator Fluttershy appeared on screen, hearing everything. "Commander," She said, "those are the private storehouses of House Brae Tyre. Before his flight, the Governor destroyed the records of what they contained. I can only imagine what weaponry he may have been hoarding, or the damage they could do in Hog hooves."

"She is right, Commander." said Applejack. "We must stop those raiders."