• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,033 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,033

Rain

He sat on the outskirts of the Everfree forest, just past a cottage where a yellow pegasi resided. The wind blew through his black hair, as his hat was off and on the ground beside him. The trees gazed on the strange human, their eyes silently accusing him. Animals that came to the edge of the trees would sniff in his direction, then decide against attacking him. There seemed to be a strange air around the red-eyed male, and interrupting him didn’t seem wise.

The wind blew against his hair once more, carrying a different scene with it. The forest noticed this, and its leaves gently caressed its tree trunks in preparation for its thirsts to be quenched. He sat on the hill, oblivious to the forests’ lusts, lying comfortably on the soft grass. Jacket blowing in the breeze, he was almost as still as a statue.

The wind blew again, much stronger this time, demanding the human’s attention. He continued to ignore it without a second thought. His companion behind him raised her face to glance to the sky before curling back into a makeshift oval to nap. The grass beneath them blew in the wind with brief outcroppings of rocks refusing to submit to it. A small rumble filled the sky, and finally the human was broken out of his musings.

Red glanced up as a stray gust angrily slapped him in the face. He quickly grabbed his hat as the wind threatened to pull it out of his reach. He shifted position with his hands behind his back to support his body and his upright leg falling into a straight position as he gazed upwards at the sky. There were no strange creatures in the sky; there was only nature.

The wind spoke angrily. It had warned him to take cover, and now he would pay for ignoring its cries. The forest chuckled at him, leaves shifting to embrace the sky’s gift to the ground. He noticed the world still, then looked up and found that the first drops were beginning to fall. His companion raised her head, her fire burning brighter to battle the elements. He closed his eyes again as the pinpricks of reality started to hit his face.

The rain fell slowly at first, but began to get torrential as the clouds stretched out and decided on a game plan. He knew his companion would be fine despite the fury of the sky, though, as they had faced worse rains before. Placing his red cap back on his head, he leaned forward, staring at the forest once more. The water began cascading down the brim of his cap, leeching into the fabric.

Red was used to the elements showing their emotions; daring him to defy them, or to try to capture them as he did numerous other creatures. He wasn’t stupid, though, and always paid nature the same respect as he did his own Pokémon. How could you even capture an element, anyway? Well, to be fair, humans had already captured the elements. Water, fire, grass, electricity; they captured the elements and forced them to obey their whims, either to profit or to bask in the limelight.

He briefly considered releasing his Pokémon, but then remembered where he was and knew that they would not survive there. Even if he did release them, all it would take was a strong trainer or a master ball for them to be confined again. It was how his world worked, and he had never questioned it. The rain changed direction, and Red tilted slightly from the gale winds, feeling the cold begin to affect him. If he didn’t move into cover, he was likely to get a cold.

He felt no real inclination to move, however, and had no desire to drag himself into the cover of the leaves of the forest. It was only when he glanced behind him and saw his companion shiver that he realized he was making his Pokémon suffer. His companion raised her head, and her prideful nature showed she would not give in to such tame weather. They sat there, drenched in rain, wind changing direction, and thunder growling in the sky.

Red’s mind flew through recent events like how an assistant browses through a cabinet of folders. The rain poured down sharply as its thunder raged. As he watched, however, he noticed when the gale sprung up, the wind almost went sideways. The trees gratefully drank whatever hit them, though, and didn’t fuss about whether the rain was horizontal or diagonal.

Standing up, he pulled out his Pokéballs one at a time, then released the Pokémon inside. They trained their gazes on the weather, then on their trainer. The rain cut out any cries they gave in greeting, and they all stood there, some more comfortable than others. One by one, Red put their Pokéballs on the ground, and stepped back. For his companion, he put a blank Pokéball as a temporary replacement.

Their eyes focused on the Pokéballs, understanding the gravity of the situation; a chance at freedom. The rain continued on furiously. Blastoise was the first one to pick up his Pokéball, gazing at it seriously before the others followed suit. The gale blew, the rain howled, the trees chuckled, and they stood there in the middle of it all.

“Blastoise,” even over the symphony of sound, Red heard his Pokémon clearly.

A single claw was held out, his Pokéball clasped gently inside it. One by one, his Pokémon nodded, and all agreed to serve him. All but one, that is. Turning to his companion and the smaller daughter she had birthed, she took the Pokéball and smashed it under one hoof, gazing at him.

Red nodded and Rapidash smiled as her mane glowed pure white, banishing the cold from Red’s limbs for a moment. Rapidash knew that she could not be released right that moment, but she would serve Red until the time came that he was able to, or if he decided to go back on the deal. The wind blew a little gentler, the rain settled into a steady downpour, and the trees gently laughed.

Returning his Pokémon to their Pokéballs, he put them back on his belt. He turned in the direction of the town and started walking with a Ponyta and a Rapidash following behind. All three ignored the rain, wind, and trees. Seemingly etched on Red’s face was a peaceful half smile, hidden by the rain to all those but the two Pokémon in attendance. By the time they returned to town, however, it was gone.

And Red had caught a cold.


~Knock~knock~knock~

Three solid knocks sounded on Lyra’s door. She quickly went to it with a worried look on her face, but it fell when she was greeted by a purple mare. The torrential rain made gazing to see if there was anypony on the streets virtually impossible. Lyra let Twilight in before the two made their way to the living room. Twilight glanced out the window, seeing that Lyra had it open in case she spotted the human, and sighed.

“Lyra, if he was going to come back, he would have done so by now” Lyra shook her head rapidly, spilling the tea as she brought it over to the table.

“No, he’ll come back. He has nowhere else to go. Besides, he wouldn’t leave without a goodbye” the mint mare responded confidently.

Twilight assumed that Lyra was in denial, and seriously doubted that Red was dumb enough to go for a walk out in the rain.

“I’m sorry, Lyra, but he wouldn’t come back in this kind of weather” Twilight told her friend.

Lyra’s ears drooped as she sighed in defeat, “You’re right. I guess I just feel a little…guilty”

Her sad tone baffled Twilight more than her words.

“Why do you feel guilty? He was obviously in the wrong and didn’t want to admit it” Twilight reasoned.

Lyra shook her head, flailing her front legs in dismay, “No, you see, Red didn’t know. I mean we don’t know how his life was, or what kinda world he comes from. Maybe…maybe he hadn’t considered the fact that what he was doing was wrong. You know, like how some creatures eat meat. That’s how they were raised, and they don’t know any better”

Twilight seriously doubted this, but sighed and went over to comfort Lyra, “Look, Lyra, no matter what his world was like, he’s in this one now. The same rules don’t apply”

Lyra raised her head, stifling a cry as she nodded. A knock sounded at the door, and Lyra tried to stand up to get it.

Twilight gently pushed Lyra back into her seat, “It’s just Rainbow Dash. I asked her to look for him”

Lyra sunk back into the chair, and shook her head in reply, “Did you see how he reacted when I tried to touch his belt? It’s like I was trying to take away his lifeline…”

Twilight frowned, and gently forced Lyra to look at her. The knock was heard again, “What do you mean; all he said was not to touch it”

Lyra’s eyes filled with tears again, “You didn’t see it? For a moment, he looked worried. I wasn’t sure, but I’m positive now.”

Twilight let Lyra’s head go, who returned to looking at the floor, musing to herself.

“A lifeline…” Twilight muttered to herself.

Suddenly, the knock was heard again, and Twilight growled, leaving Lyra to go to answer it. Rainbow Dash was so impatient sometimes. She paused to glance back at Lyra, who seemed to have stopped crying.

“Try having some tea” Twilight suggested.

Lyra obeyed silently. Turning, she took one step out of the living room and into the corridor before the door exploded as a hoof kicked it in with as much strength as it could muster. Both ponies jumped in fright, not realizing what had happened. Rapidash cried out in concern as Red left her on the porch and leaned against the wall as he made his way out of the rain.

“Red!” exclaimed Lyra, jumping up in joy and coming to stand beside Twilight before she noticed that something was wrong.

He was breathing heavily, and his face was covered in sweat. Both saw the moment his eyes glazed over, and he began to fall.

“Hold on,” grunted Twilight, her horn flickering to life to stop the human mid fall.

Her head bent under strain, but she gritted her teeth and gently levitated the ton of bricks onto the couch before both ponies walked over to examine him.

Red was breathing heavily and seemed to be focusing on something the two ponies couldn’t see. He went to reach for his Pokéballs, and Lyra’s eyes widened as he tossed one weakly in front of him. A small yellow mouse rabbit jumped onto the back part of the couch. It had two red cheeks and a zigzag tail.

“Pikachu?” it questioned.

Twilight glanced to Lyra, who darted for the belt as Red went to reach for another Pokéball, “I don’t know what’s going on, but we have to take away the belt or he’ll summon something too big to fit in my house!”

Twilight quickly came to help, and soon they had the belt off. Lyra saw Red reach for his belt, only to find air. Her ears flopped down as his breathing increased and he groped around for something to grab onto in an almost panicked desperation. Pikachu was quick on the scene, quicker than Lyra ever could be, and landed on Red before he went too far. His hands went to Pikachu, recognizing the shape instantly, and he relaxed.

“Is he going to be ok?” Lyra turned to Twilight who ensured that Red was calm before beginning to list the things that she would need to take care of him before heading to the broken door.

“He’ll be fine. It’s just a cold. He’s acting like he’s never had one before” Twilight rolled her eyes and Lyra followed her to the door.

“Wait, what can I do to help?” Twilight paused, and thought for a moment before motioning to the kitchen.

“Wet a dish towel or something to keep his forehead cool. I’ll be back as soon as I get some medical supplies. Try to dry his wet clothes, too” Twilight quickly explained as she headed for the door.

Before Lyra could ask Twilight anything, she was gone. Lyra quickly wet a dishcloth and draped it over the space between Red’s hair and eyes, making sure to put his hat on the table next to him. With that done and nothing else to do, the worried pony gazed to the mouse called Pikachu.

“Uh, hello?” Lyra made a hesitant wave, which the Pikachu returned.

Lyra blinked, taking a step back. Red’s breathing was still labored and the wet rag was warming up too quickly. Lyra didn’t have any ice to cool it down, either.


Lyra sighed, “You seem to have perfect timing, don’t you, Red?”

Suddenly, she blinked, and her gaze fell upon the clothes on his male body as her mint green face slowly turned red.

Her eyes widened, "Wait…did Twilight just ask me to take his clothes off?"