• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,032 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,032

Without

Blue opened the door of the mint pony’s house, was her name Lyra? Rubbing his forehead, he didn’t notice the bright and colourful decorations until he had turned and looked into the lounge room. Blinking himself back to reality, he was greeted by two sheepish ponies, and one pink monster. Blue was tacked to the ground, he grunted in response.

“Pinkie Pie, I told you to stop bowling people over.” Blue glared at the purple mare over the pink monster. Her name was Twilight, or dork, he could never tell. Better call her dork just in case. The pink menace, Blue supposed he should call her Pinke Pie, got off, allowing Blue to get up.

“Thanks…Twilight” he replied grudgingly. Blue knew getting the pony mad would only cause him pink, loud pain. Twilight smiled, before it vanished and she glanced away. Lyra scratched the back of her head, glancing away too.

“Uhh, how’s-“ Blue cut Lyra off, heading for the couch and leaping onto it.

“At this moment, I could care less where that loser is, let alone how he is.” Blue closed his eyes, ignoring the pointed glances. Eventually the pink one, Pinkie, began shaking him. He opened his eyes, glaring at her.

“Look, we are going to have this party for you, Red or no Red. So come and have some cider, and eat some cake.” Pinkie’s mention of cider cause Blue to sit up and scour the room for it. Setting his eyes on the bottle, he picked it up and chugged down half before slamming it down on the table, wiping the liquid from his lips. Blue instantly felt a lot better.

“It’s been a long day, pass that over.” Lyra and Twilight poured themselves a cup, taking a few sips. Pinkie went to slice up the cake. Blue looked at them, letting the alcohol wash through his system.

“Did I tell youse of the time I cheated against Red?” He chuckled, remembering back to the days when it had been much simpler. There wasn’t any doubt getting in between the battling, it was just two rivals, beating at each other with their Pokémon as their swords.

“Yeah yeah. You bragged about it at the last party. If I recall you planted some explosives that your Pokémon knew about but Red didn’t.” Lyra shrugged off his attempt at conversation, giving a hiccup. Twilight looked to her, knowing one more cup and Lyra would be knocked out for the night. She took another sip of her drink, letting the liquid dull her senses.

“Yeah, he was so furious that I was desper-er-stupid enough to think cheating would be necessary to win against him. He even threw a Pokéball at me.” Blue laughed at the memory, his hand rubbing the back of his head. Lyra chucked, imagining a furious Red, before frowning as she realised the only furious Red she had seen was that time he had almost killed Blue.

“You deserved it you dummy, you shouldn’t have cheated in the first place.” Lyra glanced to Twilight as she nodded agreement, Pinkie bringing over a slice of cake for everyone.

“Yeah yeah, I get it alright? I’m not stupid.” Blue ignored the piece of cake, grabbing the cider and drowning the rest of the bottle.

“Just a jerk,” nodded Lyra. Blue nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, just a-hey that was an insult!” Blue glared at all three ponies as they laughed at him. Lyra returned the glare, poking her cup into him.

“I still dun get how you’re so relaxed when you enslave creatures and make em fight eachother.” Lyra took another sip of her cider.

“Yeah, well you do it too.” Blue watched Lyra spray cider onto the empty chair next to him.

“What?! We do not!” Lyra turned on Blue, who rolled his eyes and motioned to the window where a pony was walking their dog.

“Then what do you call that outside? Sure it’s not fighting, but it’s the exact same thing.” Blue watched as all three ponies gaped at him, as if not realising the similarities until he had said it.

“What?” Blue raised an eyebrow, taking Twilight’s drink and drowning it while she was recovering.

“But but, but it’s different!” Twilight spluttered, trying to think of one logical point that would prove it.

“How so?” Blue gazed evenly at Twilight as she struggled to find an answer, before she bowed her head.

“E-Even so that does not explain why you allow them to fight each other. We don’t make our pets fight each other.” Lyra poked Blue in the chest to affirm her point, and he shrugged.

“It’s how our world works. I don’t question how yours has flying ponies and magic.” Blue sat up straighter, a dangerous glint growing in his eyes. Lyra met the stare.

“Then change it, stop this trend from continuing!” Lyra’s stare turned into a glare at Blue’s next words.

“No.” Blue didn’t add excuses as to why, he simply said no.

“Why?” Lyra’s next question cause a sigh to escape Blue as he rolled his eyes.

“Because I’m a Pokémon trainer. Without Pokémon to train what else would I do with my life? It’s my calling, my thing, my goal. Throwing doubts into the mix only causes problems with how my world works. Red has to realise this too.” Blue put down the drink, facing Lyra with an even gaze. Lyra didn’t shrink from Blue’s challenge.

“So that Red can become like you? A self imposed Jerk who only cares about winning?” Lyra glared at Blue, noticing the flinch and softening of the eyes as he turned away, and glanced at the ground.

“No, so he can become like the old Red. A proud and strong rival who was unbeatable no matter the odds stacked against him.” Blue sighed, looking at his hands before resting his head in them. Lyra, taken aback, took some time to answer.

“Tell me about the old Red.” Lyra watched as Blue raised his head, and glanced to the three in the room and sighed, closing his eyes and leaning back.

“Red was…as much an enigma as he is today. However instead of a cold and lifeless stare, there would be an unspoken challenge. If you met those eyes, your fate was sealed.” Blue, opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling.

“What do you mean fate was sealed?” Lyra tilted her head, trying to see Red the way Blue saw him, but struggled to bridge that unspoken gap. Blue tilted his head, locking eyes with Lyra.

“When he looked at you, there was no doubt a battle would take place. Pokémon after Pokémon, Red would beat them all with so much ease, he made it look easy. When Red looked at you, you didn’t think, you didn’t hesitate, you reached for your Pokémon, and the battle began.” Blue raised his eyes back to the ceiling, mouth downturned.

“How did you meet Red?” Lyra wanted to hear more of Red’s past, captivated by the man Blue described.

“We lived in the same town, and naturally evolved into rivals. He never once lost a fight even then.” Blue lowered his head, looking out the window as the ponies passed by.

“You talk as if you really miss that Red.” Lyra turned her head to look out the window as well, not seeing Blue flinch at her words.

“Nah, why look to the past you know? Besides, that jerk getting weaker is a good thing, it means he will be easier to defeat. Not that I couldn’t defeat him before.” Blue’s words sounded hollow, even to himself.

“Blue, why do you follow Red whenever he goes somewhere? You followed him to that—boss guy’s hideout, and to here, there has to be a reason.” Lyra turned her head, her frown deepening. Blue glanced in the other direction, and gave a shaky laugh.

“I’m not going to let Red one up me in anything you hear? Why would I let him get the chance to see a new area, maybe catch some brand new Pokémon, without giving myself a chance to go there too?” Blue turned back, holding a smirk that didn’t reach his eyes. Lyra looked into his eyes evenly.

“But that’s not the real reason, is it.” Lyra stated it, and she saw Blue stand up and point a finger at her.

“Hey, it is so the truth! I don’t have to explain myself to some two-bit love-struck pony from another dimension!” Blue glared down at Lyra, as if trying to appear intimidating. Lyra didn’t even react, and eventually Blue lowered his hand and sat back down.

“So what’s the real reason?” Lyra asked again, and watched as Blue looked to her, a sudden desperation in his eyes.

“What is the sky without the earth? What is light without dark? What is up without down? What is black without white? What is life without death? What is front without back? What is beginning without end? What is before without after? What is best without worst? What is-“ Blue paused, and returned his eyes to the ground, his voice a bare whisper.

“What is Blue, without Red.” Blue covered his face with his hands, leaning on his knees. Lyra looked at him, and couldn’t reply. She hadn’t met someone like Blue before, and she didn’t know how to respond to the situation.

“Without Red, I’m just Blue. And I regret my childish decision back then as I pay for it now.” Blue shook his head while it was in his hands. Lyra reached out a hoof, as if to comfort him, before retracting it hesitantly.

“What childish decision?” Lyra watched as Blue raised his head, looking up from her to the door, Lyra followed his gaze, and her eyes widened at the sight of Red.

“In anger, I told his enemy where he could hit him hardest.” Blue looked to the Masterball clasped in Red’s hand, not gazing upward at his face. Lyra’s voice cut through his thoughts, and he looked down to her as she spoke.

“Why? What could make you so angry, that you would tell his enemies how to hurt him?” Lyra’s wide eyed and innocent stare probably hurt Blue more than it helped, but she had to know. Blue raised his gaze back to the ball in Red’s hand, and Lyra followed his gaze.

“He used a Masterball on me.”

Author's Note:

'Blue raised an eyebrow, taking Twilight’s drunk'
loooool