• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,032 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,032

Air


The sky was clear of all but a few clouds, bright and crackling with the energy about to be released by a Pegasus who had abused Rare Candy’s. This was not a battle she would could win under normal conditions, however she was fortunate enough to be needed. If not for the fact crashing into the ground from this height would probably seriously injure her, if not kill, she would already be defeated.. Red and Blue all quickly deduced this in a matter of seconds, and their eyes met, Blue doing the talking.

“Ok, so weak attacks only; we want to try and weaken it without killing it. We don’t have time to get someone with false swipe so I will say this once. Are you absolutely sure a fall would kill her?” Red didn’t bother nodding; Blue knew his answer just by looking at him. Blue brushed his hair back and groaned once.

“You owe me for this Red, one battle for old time’s sake. One day I will win, but for now let’s focus on our impatient guest.” Their eyes turned upward, their Pokémon rising in a gradual circle toward her. Scootaloo was crackling with energy, the attack was imminent.

“We’ll only have one shot at this; let’s hope luck is on our side.” With the casual chat finished, the two clutched tighter on their Pokémon. Charizard roared, Pidgeot screed, and they fell into perfect sync. The two Pokémon rose, Scootaloo finished charging, Red’s hand clenched tighter around his Pokémon, Blue’s eyes narrowed, and everything stilled. Two Pokémon waited on the ground, not having Pokéballs in this world yet. Three, Red reiterated; Lyra was one too.

“DIE YOU FURLESS FREAKS OF NATURE!” The entire sky rattled under Scootaloo’s cry, and she began to dive. The battle began.


Scootaloo dived for Red, but Red was expecting this and Charizard merely tilted to the left, the pony flying harmlessly by. Red and Blue now had the upper hand, and both began diving toward Scootaloo as she skidded to a halt. Her wings flared, and a single flap took her out of their reach, but they quickly curved upward and turned their dive into an ascent.

Blue was first, throwing a Pokéball in front of him, releasing the Pokémon on his chest and clutching it as soon as it materialised. It was small and brown and had large bunny-like ears, and it was called Eevee. Eevee was quick to take scope of the situation, and curled her tail around Blue’s neck tightly. Blue waited until he was sure she wouldn’t fall, before letting go and holding on once more. Eevee was now able to watch his back.

Red was ahead of him, keeping Scootaloo from turning around and attacking them without exposing herself to attack. Blue whistled, and Red began to prepare to swap places, Scootaloo saw her chance. Flaring her wings, she spun in place and was now facing Charizard. Opening her mouth she cried loudly, and flames erupted from her mouth. Charizard flared his wings in return, halting his rise and met her challenge with hotter flames.

Blue was quick to retaliate, beginning a drill peck from the side. Scootaloo broke off, rising up and out of the flames and the attack. Blue rode through the flames, but Charizard had already weakened them so he flew through harmlessly. Scootaloo tried to launch an attack at the now exposed Blue but Red easily intercepted her, throwing the pegasus a tailspin.

Blue quickly began flying upward to gain height, Red coming around to flank from the side, his hand reaching for a Pokéball. Scootaloo roared in fury, and attacked Charizard with a gust of wind, throwing the Pokémon off aim and causing him to merely bump into her sideways. She growled in response, and kicked him away, hard. Missing hitting the dragon, her foot instead connected with Red.

Red grunted, losing his grip. His Pokéball slipped and fell first, before he too followed. Charizard would have followed immediately, but Scootaloo wasn’t letting him save the human, and began to assault the dragon on all sides. Charizard was not amused, and would have likely destroyed Scootaloo had Blue not dive bombed the Pegasus. Blue kept Scootaloo busy, Charizard roared, flipping into a dive and making a beeline for Red.

Red wasn’t worried about himself; he was worried if he would catch the Pokéball in time. Five, his hand inched closer to it. Four, his fingers brushed it, sending it a back out of reach. Three, he brought his hand back so it wouldn’t touch when it just got in reach. Two, he reached out once more, hand grasping the Pokéball with a protective strength. One, Red tilted his body straight down, making him fall faster but also ensuring he would be in the right position.

Charizard swooped under him, he grabbed on, and hugged his Pokémon as Charizard jerked them into a sharp arc, bringing them back up to the battle but causing Charizard some serious wing ache. Red knew Charizard was fine for the moment; he brought the Pokéball around and gently released his Pikachu on his chest. Mimicking Blue’s Eevee, Pikachu was ready. Red brought out a burn heal, spraying the bottle lightly on the wings, and Charizard was once again ready for battle.

Blue dived past them, and Charizard roared, diving after the form pursuing him. Charizard crested just above the houses, so close he could almost open his mouth and bite down on Scootaloo’s tail. However Charizard was more than likely going to try fire-breath, or he would if he didn’t have his trainer with him.

Blue’s Pidgeot darted left, and then feigned right before turning and darting around Scootaloo as she tried to stay tailing. Blue fell in with Red, and glanced to Pikachu. They were ready. In hindsight they should have had their Pokémon out and ready, but old habits of only having one out die hard.

Scootaloo saw they had a plan, and rose into the air. Flying rapidly towards the sun, faster than earlier, Blue and Red followed, never losing pace. Every time she tried to gain a speed advantage they were one step faster.

“How fast can you miserable monsters be?” Scootaloo shouted over the wind.

“I am ultimate!!” Blue smirked, and Suddenly Scootaloo was surrounded.

“We’re level 90-100; do you really think a level 40-60 could hope to defeat us? Oh please, don’t make me laugh.” Blue was so confident, it enraged her. She kicked toward him but the Eevee locked eyes with her. Suddenly she had trouble moving, managing to force her wings to move so she could stay aloft but no more. She turned, maybe she could escape under and-

Red just looked at her, and she knew there was no chance of escape there. No she would not allow them to trap her, she was SCOOTALORD! This cannot be this-

“Face it ‘Scootalord,’ this battle was over before it began.” Blue’s attitude, Red’s lack of it, she couldn’t take this insult. She was so angry she just wanted to-

Suddenly she began glowing, and they vanished from her sight, she cried out in blind fury, fire erupting from her every pore. She puffed, she felt considerably weaker, but there was no way they could have avoided that…

Red’s Charizard stood in front of Pidgeot, sucking in the flames greedily to feed his own. Scootaloo blinked, she was outclassed but she would not admit it! If she continued fighting they would never-

“How about I make you a little bet ‘Scootalord.’” Scootaloo’s eyes narrowed at Blue, who was smirking so confidently. She wanted to kill the human, rip off his smirk, and stick it in a trophy room. Blue saw she wasn’t going to answer, and his grin grew.

“See this little guy that Red here is holding? He’s level 5; Red was training him for some reason. I bet one attack from him is all it takes to kill you.” Scootaloo laughed, a level 5, defeat her? They had said she was at least a 40.

“What do I get out of it?” Blue smirk grew, and he motioned to his chest.

“Us,” Scootaloo’s eyes narrowed, suspicious. But the deal was too good to pass up; she smirked and spread her arms wide, wings spreading to produce a huge target.

“Hit me with your best shot then, pathetic humans.” Pikachu bumbled up and stood on Charizard’s head. It was really a pathetic creature, dumb and stupid enough to oppose her. It began to spark with electricity, and that’s when Scootaloo began to doubt. The Sparks grew, and suddenly the Pokémon arced the lighting across the sky.

“How pathetic, giving up your lives for an attack that didn’t even get aimed at me.” Scootaloo began to laugh loudly, thunder crackling behind her, wait, thunder?

The sky as she gazed upward was suddenly filled with clouds, and very angry clouds. Lightning was only a minor hazard to Pegasi, but it had never caused her major harm before.

“Oh Red, what’s that? This Pikachu isn’t level 5?” Scootaloo turned on them, and Blue chuckled sheepishly.

“My mistake ‘Scootalord,’ its 50 not 5, I did always forget those zeroes in kindergarten.” Suddenly the dread in her slammed through her skull, and she glanced to the sky. She had only enough time to widen her eyes before-

CRACK

Red watched the Thunder attack his Pikachu had sent hit Scootaloo. Her whole body jerked still, and she fainted. She began to fall out of the sky. Blue was first, immediately throwing his first ball, ceasing the fall before continuing. It shook once, and released her. Red tried next, both matching the halting descent. Again the ball released. Pulling out the last ball, Red threw it and watched.

Once

Twice

Thrice

Cli-TSSSSSS

The body flew out, and continue descending toward the ground. Blue swore, and he glanced to Red. They exchanged glances, a battle waging between them. As usual, Red won.

“Ok fine, I’ll use mine!” Blue pulled out a legendary ball with a 100% catch rate. Normally used for Legendaries, it could be used on anything, and anyone. Rumours said that once a human had been caught with this. Blue tossed it, and his aim was true. With just a few meters to spare Red caught the ball and pulled out of their rapid descent. Landing, both Pokémon skidded to a stop before letting their owners off. Standing on the ground, the two thanked their Pokémon before returning them to their balls.

Turning around, Blue never expected to see a crowd. He prepared a scowl, but stopped when they were looking not at him, but at the ball Red was holding. Red turned to him, and placed the Pokéball in his hand before walking away from the crowd.

Blue never expected them to begin cheering for him.

Author's Note:

"But I question the sanity in using a MASTERBALL on a mere SCOOTALOO"
"I mean, save that shit for Celestias!"
"Or at least Twilight Sparkles!"