• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,041 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,041

The end.


The two mares gazed at the solitary human as he gazed down at them, his expression unreadable, even to the trained eyes looking at him. The clouds overhead finally broke, releasing rain once more onto the ground. Twilight was annoyed slightly it was time for rain, and considered having a word with Rainbow Dash about the multitude of rain recently, but let it go.

Giving a sad smile to Red, she said her goodbye’s, and stepped back to let the two have their moment. Even if she considered Red her friend, she knew Lyra was much more so. The mint mare felt the rain on her face, and ignored the fact she could taste salt mixed in with the water, looking up to Red.

Red’s face was hidden in the darkness of his hat, but Lyra could see the down tilt of his mouth. Bending down, Red raised his head so he met Lyra’s eyes. Lyra watched him place a Pokéball on the ground, and take a step back. Widening her eyes, she realised Red must have taken it from the house. Looking down at it, she knew what it signified. A choice, stay or come.

Lyra's hoof trembled as she reached out to touch the ball's smooth red surface. A part of her felt a connection to it. A longing to return, to rest. In her heart she fought a battle of desire. Go, and discover a new world, one full of the beings she had come to adore. Stay, and be with her friends and family. Both ripped at her. In truth she knew that either choice would have her lose at least one friend.

She saw Bon Bon's face in her mind

Her hoof slammed down crushing the fragile plasting and circuitry. Along with part of her heart. Looking up she expected to see hurt in Red's eyes but instead she saw the opposite, love and understanding. Red reached up with one hand and rubbed behind her ear for a moment before standing up straight and tall.

His eyes shining like fire he turned to head for the portal. However he paused when Lyra dived for his legs, and began openly crying. Even if she knew it was futile, she had to try. She didn’t want to lose Red. Red was the first human she had met, and likely the last. He had taught her more about the world she lived in, and to be more open to other cultures.

Red wrapped his arms around Lyra, and waited patiently as she sobbed into his jacket. Lyra felt the world around her fade, concentrating on the feeling of having Red with her. Lyra didn’t want it to end, but she couldn’t follow him where he was going, it was not her world. She wasn’t a Pokémon, it wasn’t meant to be.

After a moment longer, Red separated and looked down at Lyra. Taking a step back, she lowered her head and tried to ignore the feeling of the world falling apart around her. Hearing him slowly step away, she raised her head and watched him step toward the portal. Watching him leave, Lyra felt all her energy and confidence leave her. It felt as if without Red as her trainer, she would forever be missing something in her life.

Suddenly, a step away from the portal, he turned and gave a small smile. Lyra felt her face break open into a hot blush, and even Twilight felt stirred by the emotion. This smile was completely different from the one before now, which seemed barely a ghost in comparison. It was as if Red was giving them a special gift, that only they would ever see.

Raising a single hand, putting his other hand into a jacket pocket, he gave a single slow movement left and right, almost a wave if it had been repeated more than once.
























“See you later.”

Then Red stepped through the portal.