• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,029 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,029

No such thing as Pokémon!?

“…” Red listened to the Professor talk, knowing that he would continue talking on the phone in a moment. Twilight and Lyra tilted their heads, confused as to what Red was doing.

“All systems seem to be working. That's good to hear. You’re probably wondering why I sent Blue. Well, I needed someone with a Ponyta and Rapidash, and Blue volenteered. I’ve figured out a way for you to return to our world, but there’s a problem with the frequency. Don't worry, we’ll figure it out. At least now we know how it all works.

“It’s just a problem finding the exact frequency and using it instead of a Pokémon in the transferal. If we can do that, then we may be able to reverse the polarity infuser and drag everything that was taken into that world and bring it back here. Of course, this isn’t the kind of thing that we can test since this is a one time only event, but I’m pretty sure that my calculations are correct.

“Well I’ve talked enough; I’ll contact you if I have any news. I’ve managed to contact this nice company that is interested in pictures of the alternate world. They’ve agreed to fund me in return for Blue recording some of the natural flora and fauna in his Pokédex. The head of the company, some guy named Giov middlename Anni. Weird name I know. It must be a doctor thing.

“I’m sorry red, you’re probably too busy to really listen to this conversation, so I’ll wrap it up here. I’ll call you soon with good news. ~Click~” Red put his phone away, and frowned. Lyra blinked, and glanced to Twilight.

“Uhm Red is something wrong?” Red blinked, his face returning to normal. Bringing his head around so he could see her, he shook his head. Hearing some flapping, all three glanced up to see a pony with a rainbow mane glide down and land, giving Red a cautious look.

“Uhh Twilight, you sure look comfortable with the new thing.” Twilight blinked, and realised she had relaxed to some extent around Red, and glanced toward him and thought about it for a moment. If she had to say why, it might be because he seemed to meekly follow every direction she gave him, even if it was a question. She blinked, and turned a glare on her friend.

“He’s not a new thing Rainbow Dash, granted he’s different but he’s obviously able to understand us. But he obviously isn’t some animal that is going to attack-outright…” Twilight realised she had just echoed something similar to what the princess had said earlier. Red watched the exchange, and merely blinked in response. Lyra seemed to be trying to understand him, but then settled for making faces and seeing if he would react.

“Lyra what the heck are you doing?” Twilight turned on the mint pony, who stopped mid expression; mouth pulled open and glanced to Twilight. Putting her feet down, her mouth returned to normal and she pointed to Red, a mischievous smile on her face.

“Check it out, he’s like Celestia’s guards, doesn’t flinch nor anything.” Rainbow Dash trained a curious and evil look on Red, he blinked in response.

“Oh reeeeeellly now?” Rainbow Dash cautiously approached Red from the side, still wary of the human for obvious reasons. Bringing a hoof out and gently tapping Red’s foot, who glanced down at the pony, Rainbow Dash‘s mane and tail jumped upright in fright and she jumped back a few steps. Lyra tapped his foot on the other side, catching his gaze and running back a few steps giggling as he turned to face her.

“Huh, well Celestia’s guards wouldn’t turn to face me if I tapped their foot, but still he’s pretty close.” Red glanced to the left as the rainbow one tapped him again, and then right as Lyra tapped him on the other side. Twilight watched this for a minute, and was half tempted to join in toying with the blank faced Red, but she liked her legs. After a few minutes, the two got bored and began discussing new ways to get Red to glance at them when a voice interrupted them.

“No messing with Red, that’s my job and I’m sure as hell not sharing my shadow with any more nerdtards.” Both Lyra and Dash breathed simultaneous awws as Red stopped paying attention to them to face the incoming form of Blue, holding a single Pokéball.

“You would not believe the Pokémon in there, I’m surprised you haven’t caught any Red, or are you too busy playing with your new friends?” Blue snorted, as if he considered the answer obvious. Twilight stepped forward and opened her mouth to speak but was quickly interrupted.

“I’m surprised you haven’t got them caught in your fury yet, it’s bright enough to light up the entire forest Red, you need to relax more, accept the fact-“Blue walked over and put his arm around Red’s shoulder, waving a hand to encompass the sky. “-That I will always be better then you, and relax in the shadow of my awesomeness.” Twilight, Lyra, and Rainbow Dash blinked, Red said nothing.

“Wait angry, how can you tell?” Lyra was the first to speak, and Blue was all too happy to please her.

“You can’t? Why just look at Red’s face, it’s the face of someone about to explode into a rage over just not being on par with me.” All three ponies glanced to Red’s completely normal face, he blinked.

“Uuh, yeah ok, listen Blue you keep saying this Pokémon word, what does it mean?” Blue and Red blinked, Blue showing shock.

“You mean you don’t know what a Pokémon is? What kinda messed up area is this?” Blue took his arm off Red and took a few steps back to get some space, and pulled out a Pokéball.

“We’re Pokémon trainers, we capture Pokémon and train them until they are better than they were and then use them for battling, me being better then Red of course.” Lyra had to force herself not to roll her eyes, mimicking Red’s blank expression as she listened to Blue.

Twilight tilted her head “but we’re not Pokémon, and both you and Red have tried to capture us.” Blue blinked, his eyes actually focusing on Twilight.

“Could you repeat that? I’m afraid there’s awesomeness clogging up my ears.” Twilight tilted her head, and repeated what she had just said. Blue took a step back, and laughed.

“Nice try, but there’s no such thing as ‘not a Pokémon;’ you’re either human or Pokémon, and you’re obviously not human.” Lyra blinked and glanced to Red, who was frowning the more Blue talked. Twilight shook her head, and glanced between Blue and Red.

“I don’t know what rules apply from wherever you came from, but here there’s no such thing as a Pokémon here.” Blue leapt back as if Twilight had just tried to sting him with something, Red frowned more.

“No such thing! That’s impossible missy you’re just trying to get out of being captured. Well it’s not going to work because I-“Blue felt a hand stop him from going to his bag where the blank Pokéballs were kept, and locked eyes with Red. They stood like that for a moment, before Blue shoved Red away, and snorted.

“Not Pokémon, unbelievable I’ll prove this once and for all.” Blue fished out a device Red recognised as a Pokédex, used for storing data about Pokémon. Red had one in his bag too, but he hadn’t used it yet. Blue put his device on ‘speak’ mode and everyone listened in as it scanned Twilight.

“ERR0R: 404 NOT FOUND” Blue hit it a few times until the message vanished and tried it on Red’s Ponta, and frowned as the information came up easily. Turning back to Twilight, he got the same error, and he put it away and snorted.

“Smell ya later Red.” Blue fished out his Pidgeot, and took to the skies, scaring a group of Pegasi. Red watched him go, and turned back to gazing at the three ponies near him. Lyra was as usual the first one to speak.

“So you thought we were these Pokémon things? Wait your monster from before; it obviously knew what was going on around it. It wasn’t just something with no real…brain inside.” Red nodded, turning away as she went into the question she really wanted to ask.

“So you capture smart creatures, and train them to fight? Doesn’t that sound, I dunno WRONG to you?” Red’s frown had yet to vanish, and as Lyra spoke, his back turned to her, he flinched in response. Then in one swift movement Rapidash was by his side and he was on her as she galloped into the distance, quickly out of sight of the three ponies.

“Did he just…flinch?” Twilight glanced to Lyra, whose face was passing easily for 1st place Red impression. Her expression returned, a frown deepening.

“Is it just me, or did he actually avoid answering the question?” Lyra turned to glance to Rainbow Dash as she spoke up; not having known Red long enough to know flinching was something he hadn’t done yet. Lyra returned her gaze to the direction he had fled.

“He knows, I don’t know why he doesn’t do anything about it but he knows.”