• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,033 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,033

Darkness.

Red and Blue sat on the couch, looking to the two ponies as they broke the news. Both took it badly.

“You’re leaving today!? You couldn’t have given us earlier notice?” Twilight looked outside, concern and worry covering her features. Not only was she about to lose two people she had only just met, and only just started to get to know, but now there was a horde coming to investigate Ponyville. Twilight knew there was little she could do about it, but it still upset her.

“No,” cried Lyra, her distress open on her face. Pushing Red back with her hooves, she shouted into his face.

“You can’t go yet, what happens to me? What happens to us? I thought we were friends!” Lyra growled as Blue pushed her off Red, and both stood up.

“You stay here, there was no us, and I believe his final answer was ‘that depends on you, but it could have been something similar.” Blue looked calmly at Lyra, who could only watch as they left her house. Twilight watched them go, before turning to Lyra.

“We can’t stop them from going home Lyra, you know that.” Twilight leaned over and gave Lyra a hug, ignoring the tears on the mare’s face.

“You have a chance to say goodbye, do you really want to squander that?” Twilight leaned away as Lyra stood back up, wiping away her tears and looking to Twilight, and shook her head.

“Let’s go.” Lyra and Twilight headed out of the house, both taking in the damage caused by the two humans being here for such a short amount of time. Both gave a sad smile to the clump of dead grass where the two pony Pokémon had rested. Walking further down the road, they found the two humans sitting on the road near where Red had appeared. Both turned to look as they approached.

“Red, I just want you to know that I’ll never forget you. Please come to visit me sometime.” Lyra’s voice broke near the end, but she held back her tears well. Red gave a stiff nod, and turned away. Before either could ask a question, Red’s phone rang and both humans stood up. Red held it to his ear, before putting it back in his bag and nodding to Blue.

“Dragonite and Charizard?” Blue questioned Red, who nodded. Both Pokémon were released, and the two ponies opened their mouth to question the action. Blue glanced to them seriously, and opened his mouth to say something as an ear splitting screech sounded, and he returned to looking ahead.

Slowly a pure white sphere became visible, slowly growing in size. The wind picked up, and slowly metal rods began to form on the edges of the white sphere, marking the sides of the door. It grew until it was roughly the size of Charizard, and then solidified. Both Pokémon growled as a shape appeared from the white portal, and looked around.

“So this is the new world. A little bright for my tastes, but I can’t be picky in my current standpoint.” It was a tall man with a black suit on, and black hair. Underneath the suit was a white shirt, and on the left of the suit was a large red R. He looked to the two trainers, fully prepared for a battle, and laughed.

“So you knew it was me who was going to be coming through the portal, how quaint. How are you Red, still battling with your morals?” As the man spoke, Red’s eyes narrowed.

“Giovanni, did you really think we’re as senile as my grandfather?” Blue spoke loudly, clouds beginning to cover the area. Twilight and Lyra took a step back, immediately gaining the attention of Giovanni.

“So these are the native populace, are they sentient?” Giovanni took a step toward them, but stopped when Charizard fired a warning shot at his feet. Giovanni smiled again, and looked to the Charizard.

“Ah yes, your ever faithful Charizard.” Giovanni pulled out a Pokéball, tossing out a pitch black Charizard. It roared, and dived directly at Red’s Charizard, and the two spiralled into the air and began to fight. Blue’s Dragonite stepped forward to block the way as Giovanni made another move to approach.

“And Blue’s Dragonite, a powerful and deadly beast.” Giovanni pulled out a second Pokéball and released a dark green Dragonite who leapt into the sky and fired an electric attack from it’s antenna. Blue’s Dragonite leapt into the air after it.

Blue and Red reached for their Pokémon, however both looked down, Blue’s eyes widening, as they realised their belts were missing. Raising their heads, they saw two Sneasel standing beside Giovanni, both holding a belt each.

“Shit,” muttered Blue, reaching for his necklace, where he kept a Pokémon, only to find it missing. Red whistled, calling Ponyta and Rapidash. Both were quick to arrive, and the two Sneasel engaged them, moving aside and taking the fighting elsewhere.

“So now that those interruptions are out of the way.” Giovanni reached into his pocket and pulled out a radio.

“You can come in now.” At Giovanni’s command, grunts disguised as lab scientists began to move in through the portal, carrying large boxes. Placing them down, they opened one and revealed that it contained Pokéballs of varying types. Giovanni pulled out a single Pokéball that was different from the rest, and turned toward the two humans.

“You know, I heard a rumour.” Giovanni approached the two, two grunts releasing two full teams of Pokémon to back him up.

“About the master ball.” Giovanni held up the ball in his hand to the two. Blue widened his eyes, and looked to Red. Red’s frown deepened.

“About it’s ability to catch anything without fail.” Giovanni paused a few steps away from them, and motioned to the grunts to capture them. Twilight and Lyra put up a good fight, but were quickly knocked out. They had no real way to fight trained Pokémon at their level. Red and Blue knew they had no chance without their Pokémon, but they tried to fight back either way. They were quickly subdued.

“And about how it applies to people, as well as Pokémon.” Blue watched as three large metal cages were brought through the portal, and as the two ponies were tossed inside. He followed soon after, and turned his gaze to Red.

“And how a trainer was once captured in one.” Red struggled to break free of the Pokémon, but eventually stopped and turned his gaze on Giovanni.

“Red!” Blue charged at the side of the cage, trying to topple it and break free. However, he cried out in pain as a grunt’s Pikachu began to send electric charges through the cage. Red watched this, and turned back to Giovanni as he hovered the ball close to Red’s face.

“You know very well how much voltage a Pikachu can muster if it so wishes. So how about I give you a choice Red?” Giovanni leaned in close, and smiled.

“You willingly get inside the Master Ball, and I won’t harm your friend and the two pets.” Giovanni glanced toward the cages and gave a nod. The Pikachu sent a charge through Blue’s cage once more. It was a much higher voltage, and Blue cried out in further pain. However, he managed to train his eyes on Red, and shout a quick word.

“Don’t!” Blue collapsed to the floor of the metal cage, and began writhing in agony. Giovanni turned his gaze back to Red, and smiled.

“Your choice Red, I am nothing but fair.” Red glanced to Blue, who was still crying out in pain, and then to the Master Ball near his face.

Red closed his eyes and leaned forward, letting the ball touch his forehead.

There was a click.

And then darkness.