• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,033 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,033

Finding lost Pokémon

“Don’t you know what that is Twilight” spoke the mint green Rapida, the purple Rapida turned and glared at the approaching mint green one, braving the might of the purple one. Red didn’t move, still trapped in the psychic.

“It’s a human!” The mint green one gazed to Red, her eyes open in joy and wonderment, exited to see him for some reason. The purple one rolled her eyes and dismissed that option.

“Humans are mythology, and they don’t look like that in the books.” Red watched the mint green Rapida shrug, and pull out some sort of book and give it to the purple one, who quickly skimmed it before resting on a page and frowning and turning her gaze to Red. The Rapidash seemed to be studying him, before she gently relaxed the magic.

“Are you a human?” the purple one asked. Red paused, and gave a single nod. Confused looks were directed at him, and the magic holding him in place weakened even further as the purple one got distracted. Red began to slowly reach for one of his Pokémon…

“Hi there, I’m Lyra and my god it is great to see you!” Turning his gaze on the Rapida named Lyra; he remembered how the purple Rapida had called herself Twilight. Red decided calling them by that name would reduce confusion, his expression didn’t change.

“Ok, well it says here humans can speak our language, so why can’t he speak then Lyra?” Twilight's words caused Lyra to frown, perplexed, and the two went into a heated discussion of if he was or was not a human. Red’s hand gently clasped around his Pokéball. Gently pressing the button, a gentle click gained the two mares attention. The psychic around him tightened, but it was already too late to stop the red light escaping from the Pokéball, and a Pokémon began to form where the arc of light hit the ground. After a moment, the light vanished, and the Pokémon was revealed.

“Blastoise” spoke the turtle, small openings in it's shell appearing that had pipes coming out of them. He easily dwarfed the Ponyta’s. As he turned his gaze down to his ensnared trainer, he frowned in the direction of the purple Rapida called Twilight ,that had his trainer captured.

“Eep” her magic faded, her ears falling down as she felt fear course through her body. Whatever this thing was, it meant business. Red fell to the floor, and stood up, brushing himself off for the second time that day. He then glanced to his Pokémon. A silent look passed between them, and they turned their gazes toward the purple Rapida and the rapidly vanishing crowd.

“Uhh, Lyra what is that thing?” Twilight's words broke Lyra out of her frozen state at sight of the monster, and she glanced to Twilight.

“I-I wish I knew, but I think you s-should run.” At Lyra's suggestion, Twilight took a step back, wishing her friends were here and not at their homes. Blastoise looked at the Rapida, and at how he loomed over her and then over to his trainer. Red’s eyes were the same as they always were, and he held up a hand, his palm closing so two fingers were all that was open in the hand. Blastoise nodded, message received.

“Blasto-“Red turned as a loud call interrupted the air, and something covered in dust made a mad dash for him. Skidding to a stop, the fierce and proud gaze of his Ponyta met his eyes. The silence grew louder as something passed between them, Red turning to his Blastoise. He pulled out the Pokéball he belonged to, and tossed it gently at Blastoise's head. Blastoise returned to his ball. Pausing, Red returned the ball to its slot on his belt, before turning to leave with his Ponyta.

“W-Wait,” Red stopped and slowly turned toward the two Rapida’s, the mint green one having spoken. The one named Twilight was shaking, but she shook herself out of her stupor before turning her eyes to look between Red and Lyra.

“Can I come with you please?” Twilight’s mouth fell open; Lyra must be crazy to want to go with such a dangerous thing. Red ignored the Twilight one, and took a moment to debate the question. After a brief moment, he gave a single nod and turned around. Walking over to Ponyta, he gently stroked her, waiting for the mint green one to start following. With one simple movement, he hoisted himself onto Ponyta, who shifted under his weight, and then settled.

“Uh, thanks mister.” Red looked to that Lyra Pokémon, and then leaned forward as Ponyta reared up, and let out a cry before starting to canter toward their destination. The mint green one kept up easily, and as the houses went by Red spared a glance back at the purple one, before she vanished as they rounded a corner. As the houses began to get less and less often, the town ended in a huge forest that loomed over everything. An oppressive feeling began to hover around Red as they entered, the Lyra one hesitating a moment before committing and following once more.

“We-We should not be in the Everfree…” Gazing to the Rapida, Red could sense an innate fear of this place emanating from her. Red could understand why, the entire forest buzzed with an anger at them intruding inside it, but Ponyta blazed onward, her fiery mane brushing past leaves, leaving them only slightly warmer than before. Eventually, the trees thinned out, and they appeared in a small clearing, where a badly injured Rapidash layed.

“…” Ponyta slowly came to a stop and Red leapt off, walking over to his Rapidash to assess the damage. She was badly hurt, close to fainting. This called for one of his stronger potions. Fishing through his bag, the Pokémon named Lyra gazed on curiously as he pulled out a small spray bottle before putting his bag back on his back. Gently parting the flames of Rapidash’s mane, he sprayed on her neck, body, and face along with any areas openly bleeding. Rapidash breathed a big sigh, and slipped into a peaceful sleep.

“Whoa that’s amazing.” Red turned his gaze to the Pokémon named Lyra as she watched the Full Restore quickly heal his Pokémon back to full health. Red gently rubbed Rapidash’s belly, bringing her awake and their eyes met. Stepping back as Rapidash stood up, she shook herself and gazed around the immediate area, used to waking up in unfamiliar places (a by-product of being in a Pokéball.)

“So…What now?” Red glanced down at the mint green-at Lyra and then around the area and reached for Rapidash and Ponyta’s Pokéballs, only to notice they were missing. Lyra blinked in surprise as the blank faced Red broke into a frown. It vanished a moment later, and he glanced to the Pass on his hand and noticed he still had Ponyta and Rapidash in the box. Remembering something, he pulled out his phone device and glanced to the only number on his phone, his mother, and to the single bar of charge left on his phone, before dialling the number.

“Hello, is that you Red? You must be calling because you’ve gone on some sort of adventure, thank you for giving me a call before vanishing to places unknown. Have fun and be safe. ~Click~” Red put his phone away, and went through the contents of his bag, before closing it and looking to Rapidash, who walked over. Jumping onto her back, he locked gazes with Ponyta, who reared and gave a call of agreement. Lyra blinked, and frowned in confusion, but as the group began to head into the forest she followed as well, lost both mentally and probably physically.

Eventually they arrived at the edge of the forest, and the group slowed to a halt in sight of the town. Hopping off Rapidash, Red glanced to the sky, more importantly to the slowly setting sun. Lyra followed his gaze, and it took her a moment to realise what he was probably concerned about.

“Uh, I have a house you can stay at if you want…” Red blinked, and turned his gaze to Lyra, and gave a single nod. Lyra smiled at him, and began heading toward the town followed by a human and two Pokémon.

“Hold on a second Lyra, don’t go any further!” The party turned to greet the six Ponyta, two Flyingta, two Rapida, and two normal Ponyta. Red recognised the Rapida called Twilight from earlier; she was wearing some sort of crown while the other wore necklaces.

“We have been ordered by Celestia to hold the human right here until she can arrive, right after sunset.” Lyra frowned, and huffed at the setback, and glanced to Red.

“You ok to wait? I’m sure Celestia will be fine with you staying in my house.” Red paused, and then nodded once and picked a bit of the ground to sit down on, Ponyta and Rapidash coming to lie beside him. Turning his head to the sky, he watched the sun set and the moon rise and stars begin to come out.

“There she is” spoke the Twilight Pokémon, pointing to a rapidly growing speck in the distance. Red wasn’t able to pick any features out until the moment she began to slow dow, landing. She looked like a Rapidash, but with wings and a rainbow fire as a mane. Her coat was also a pure white. She greeted her student first, before their eyes met. Red could sense a quiet pride and peace about this Rapidash, but there was also a fierce fire that could be brought into existence in a heartbeat. Strong, this Pokémon was obviously a legendary.

“I am Princess Celestia, who are you human?” Red gazed at the legendary Pokémon Celestia, and blinked once. Red would catch her one day, but not today.

“See princess? He understands us, but he doesn’t reply to anything we say.” Twilight's words cause Lyra some irritation, and she stomps her hoof in the dirt, gaining the attention of the other Ponyta variants.

“That’s not true, he replied fine to me!” Twilight snorted at Lyra's words, taking a step forward and pointing to Red. Red yawned; it was starting to get late.

“If that’s true Lyra, then tell us what his name is!” As Twilight commanded her, Lyra turned to the human, hiding a roll of her eyes. He raised his head to meet her gaze.

“Excuse me, but what’s your name?” Red paused at Lyra's question, silent for a long time. Twilight had actually opened her mouth to say ‘I told you so’ when he moved. Pulling off his cap, Red shook his head to rid himself of the hat hair and pointed to it, meeting Lyra’s eyes as he did so. Twilight glanced between them as he put his hat back on and gave another yawn. Lyra then turned to look to the very curious Twilight.

“Uhm, well his name is either hat or Red.” Twilight rolled her eyes, like either of those were a name. As all Ponyta’s turned to face him and ask him more questions, they noticed that this human was apparently asleep. Red was using Ponyta and Rapidash as makeshift pillow and blankets. Used to being outside of a night when it became time for sleep, all three were used to sleeping where they fell.

“I think he might be tired” a pink Ponyta said, speaking the obvious.