• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,033 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,033

Rules


Red opened his eyes as sunlight hit his face, stifling a yawn and sitting up on the couch. On the couch the ponies normally sat on rested Blue as he snored quietly, Eevee resting on his stomach. Red stood up and picked up the master ball he had left on the table, taking it outside. His light footsteps did not wake the Rapidash and Ponyta as they rested in the garden.

As he walked he noticed the few ponies around, and realised how early it was. They shivered in the slight breeze, the morning chilly compared to normal. Red did not feel the cold as much as they did, this chill was nothing compared to the mountain.

Heading out of town, he found the clearing he had trained Lyra in, and paused. For a brief moment, all was silent around him. The wind picked up, and he breathed in the cold air. Feeling himself be brought back to a past he cared not to remember, Red picked up a different Pokéball and tossed it, letting out Blastoise.

Tossing the master ball he released the pony Pokémon named Scootaloo. She turned on Red, and made a move to attack him. But Blastoise was quicker, easily pinning the pegasus. Red slowly walked up to the pegasus, and looked her squarely in the eyes.

“I’ll kill you! You filthy monkey!” Her screams went unanswered, far away from anyone that could hear her. Red waited as she began to expend her energy by struggling and shouting at him. Eventually she stopped, gasping for breath, and settled for merely glaring at him. Taking a few steps back, he motioned for Blastoise to release her as he threw out another Pokémon.

Scootaloo quickly dived at Red, but was quickly halted as Pikachu hit her full force. Grunting, the pegasus stood up again, ready to fight back. Facing off against the Pikachu, Scootaloo was well aware she was outmatched. However, as Red pulled out the remaining rare candies, and held them in full view, her gaze trailed to him.

Red slotted the rare candies in the item slot, and deposited them in his box. As they vanished an anguished cry came from Scootaloo, and she dived once more for Red. However she was easily knocked aside once more.

“I need them! Give them to me!” Scootaloo's desperation was almost painful to hear. Every time she tried to take to the sky, Blastoise would pin her down. And if she tried to attack Red, Pikachu would jump in. Out of options, Scootaloo looked to Red beggingly.

Red began walking towards Scootaloo, who flinched in surprise, and considered attacking. However as she saw the two Pokémon crowd her, she knew if she did it would be the last thing she did. Red paused right in front of her, and she realised that they were almost equal in height. As their eyes met, Scootaloo tried to understand the person in front of her, and failed.

Red raised a hand, and rested it gently on the mare’s head. Scootaloo’s eyes widened in shock, and she nearly moved back to avoid the touch. But as Red’s hand met her head, she felt the desire for power drain from her, and bowed her head. The anger that had come from that desire ebbed, and Scootaloo felt herself begin to return to normal

However, Scootaloo understood one thing had changed due to her idiocy. Not only had she missed her childhood, but she was also now a fully grown mare with a blank flank. She couldn’t hang with her friends anymore, and there was a danger if she stayed with any ponies she might accidentally use the new skills she acquired from it.

The armour on her vanished, and Red removed his hand. Scootaloo raised her head, and frowned at the human. Why was his touch the key to removing the lust for more of the accursed candies? She opened her mouth to ask, but paused when she saw some ponies crest over the hill, heading for them. Her heart gave a pang as she saw Rainbow Dash, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom was with the group.

“Hey Red, that Twilight ordered me to bring these three to you, because she knows I can get the job done better than you.” Blue watched the three dash toward Red, following at a slower pace. They all paused a few feet from Red, cautious to approach Scootaloo

“Dash…I’m so sorry” apologised Scootaloo, hanging her head. All three rushed to comfort her, speaking of how they didn’t care. Red and Blue watched the exchange as Scootaloo promised to still come on cutie mark hunts. They both pondered what that was, but decided not to ask.

“Red, Blue, can I ask a question?” Both turn to see Lyra and Twilight walking toward them. Seeing Scootaloo, Twilight bit her lip in concern, turning to Red.

“Why is Scootaloo back to her old self? Not that I’m not pleased she is, but I need to know how.” Twilight watched as Red and Blue glanced to each other, and Blue gave a sigh.

“I will only explain this once. The rare candies have an addictive quality, but by the time our world realised this, they were already in mass production. So they made a countermeasure which would help make Pokémon more…agreeable and less addicted.” Blue glanced to the three as they admired Scootaloo, who gave a hesitant smile.

“Basically a gentle bump on the head normally calms down a Pokémon after eating one. However in large doses it becomes harder to…control. That’s why they make them very rare and hard to get, because larger doses has catastrophic results.” Blue rubbed his forehead, and glanced to Red. Lyra noticed that for a brief moment, Blue seemed almost concerned.

Twilight pressed on, “so you’re saying this candy is made to make these Pokémon easier to grow at the cost of being able to control them?” Blue glanced to the sky, avoiding meeting Twilight’s eyes. Glancing to Red again, he turned back and gave a nod.

“Yeah, but only lame people use them. I don’t need rare candies to beat Red after all.” Blue attempted to end the conversation, but Twilight interrupted him as she pressed further.

“So basically the Pokémon have a choice of becoming addicted to something made to make your lives easier, or being controlled by you humans? Do you realise how wrong that sounds?” Twilight watched as both Red and Blue glance away from her, and narrowed her eyes. Neither one made a move to answer her.

“You won’t even answer me will you. Is it because you consider me lower than you because I’m a pony and not a human!?” Blue glanced toward Scootaloo as all four turned to look at them, and then turned his gaze on Red. Following his gaze, Twilight and Lyra tried to comprehend what was going on between these two.

Red closed his eyes for a moment, and then pulled out a Pokéball. Tossing it into the air, he began to run, startling all ponies as Charizard swopped down and he vanished into the Everfree. Twilight cried out in anger, how dare he simply run from the problem! She turned on Blue, and immediately froze before she could speak. Blue was looking as Red flew away, his eyes full of concern. As soon as he realised she was watching, he blinked in shock and tried to put on a smirk again, but gave up when it failed.

“Blue, I want answers! You’ve caused enough damage to Equestria!” Twilight’s voice was full of anger, even as she tried to comprehend Blue having more than the emotions that made him a jerk. Blue glanced up at the sky, in the direction of Red, and sighed.

“Ok, but send those four away. I’d rather not tell more than necessary.” Blue seemed uncomfortable, his voice unusually quiet. Twilight motioned to Rainbow Dash, and told her to take the other three back to town. Rainbow Dash frowned, but did as she was asked, and soon it was just Twilight, Blue, and Lyra in the clearing.

“Ok Blue, it’s time to talk.” Twilight sat down, motioning for Blue to do the same, he obeyed willingly. Lyra glanced between the two, before sitting down as well. She knew she should be speaking right now, but she was having trouble reading her own emotions, let alone Red’s. And Blue’s sudden change into someone with actual emotions confused her.

“Before I begin, I want you both to understand that we come from a different world. Me and Red grew up with an entirely different set of rules.” Blue’s voice was quiet, and as he spoke his voice carried a seriousness to it that only one person had ever heard before. He closed his eyes, and gave a sigh.

“In our world, catching Pokémon is like getting desert after dinner. You didn’t need to have it, but those who did enjoyed it. Some kept a Pokémon as a companion, some a pet, and people like me and Red used them for battles.

“If a Pokémon fainted, you simply took them to the nearest town to get them healed. They would get right back up, never looking at you as if it was your fault, they were the one’s that had failed. They are, our treasured companions. Without them, we can’t even walk through tall grass.

“When we first started out, I was always in front of Red, first to do everything. I was…arrogant, but that was how it was. Red never minded my bragging, in fact every time I came to rematch him, see if I could defeat him now I was stronger, he welcomed the challenge.

“And then…Team Rocket happened.”

“Team rocket was a band of thugs using Pokémon for evil deeds. They used their Pokémon to get money and power, so of course Red aimed to put a stop to them. He took them on more or less alone, defeating me on his way to defeat the head, a guy named Giovanni. He won of course. But, something Giovanni said to Red…Affected him…

“The next time I saw Red, he had changed drastically. He seemed hesitant to send out his Pokémon, and his cocky smile had vanished. I asked him why he was so out of it, I was winning the battle for once. He replied that he didn’t want to use his Pokémon, he didn’t want to be like Team rocket.

“Red still battled, and eventually became champion. But after some time, I noticed he had vanished from Pallet Town, and I couldn’t find him anywhere for a rematch. Eventually I found him at the top of a mountain, staring of into the distance. He battled me, and I lost. I didn’t go back there.

“I’m not sure how much time passed before I saw Red again. It was after some new trainer had come and won the champion title. All I know is when Red finally came down that mountain, he seemed to be slightly more like his old self.” Blue paused, opening his eyes and gazing at the grass.

“Red…Is still fighting to figure out if he wants to continue to battle, despite the fact he would be using his Pokémon, his companions, even if they willingly consented to it. I don’t know if he ever will figure out where he stands on the line.

“Red can’t resist a battle to this day, and I think he will eventually decide to accept how the world is and finally be able to move forward and return to the old Red. But I’m not blind to the fact Red is still unsure if he can ignore such a conflicting moral, being the ‘good guy’ he is.”

“And that’s basically the story, and why you must never bring it up again.” Blue stood up, and brushed himself off. He glanced to the ponies and gave a smirk.

“Now if you excuse me, I’m going to use this moment to score a win against Red while he’s down.” He called out his Pidgeot, turning his back to the two ponies.

“Then again, it’s Red. He’s never down when it’s a Pokémon battle.”