• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 11,033 Views, 1,059 Comments

My Little Pony: Red Version - FaelaArts



Red gets transported to Equestria by a failed experiment by professor oak.

  • ...
61
 1,059
 11,033

Unstoppable

She was covered in solid gold armor from her hooves to her head that seemed to shimmer with an ethereal light. The front of her wings held a layer where the bone and joint were protected from harm, and her powerful muscles bulged under the orange fire that was her body. Her mane, a billowing blaze of hair, blew and twisted erratically in a nonexistent breeze.

She looked ready for battle, and her eyes spoke of her displeasure with the group in front of her. Rainbow, Twilight, and Lyra were struck speechless at the young filly who now dwarfed them in size and was closer to the height of one of the princesses at that point. The three mares looked on, completely awestruck, while Red merely gazed at the sight with mild interest.

“Scootaloo?” Rainbow managed to say, her voice barely a whisper.

Rainbow flinched at the power and authority in the monster’s eyes as it looked to her, “Scootalord is what you will call me”

The statement was spoken at room volume, yet it struck Rainbow visibly as she flinched, bowing her head under the threat so viable in the air. Rainbow would never admit it, but she was afraid of Scootaloo. Twilight took a step forward, drawing Scootaloo’s attention, who flared her wings in warning.

Twilight met the warning with her own, flaring her wings in response and standing firmly in defiance, “Scootaloo, stop this folly! You may have grown, but you are NOT a different pony, let alone a lord of this realm”

The ground shook beneath Scootaloo as she took a step forward. Twilight’s wings held her steady as she gazed evenly at Scootaloo, who approached Twilight without fear. She stopped half a wing’s length away from the alicorn and brought her wing around in front of her. Before Twilight had time to react, Scootaloo’s wing whipped forward at sonic speed, hitting Twilight with enough force to send her flying into a house.

“Twilight!” Rainbow yelled as she turned to run to her friend.

Scootaloo appeared in her way, wings flared in warning, “Bow to me”

It was not a question, but a demand. Rainbow fought her innate desire to do as Scootaloo said and forced her gaze into Scootaloo’s eyes defiantly.

“So be it” was all Scootaloo said in reply before she smacked Rainbow into the house as she did Twilight.

Lyra watched in horror as Scootaloo began walking toward her and started shaking in her hooves. She would come over and-

Scootaloo passed Lyra, not even giving her a glance as she stood in front of Red and looked down on him, “You have proven your usefulness, if not ineptitude, Human, so I shall give you one chance. Join me”

The two locked eyes, but Red’s betrayed no emotion. Lyra managed to shake herself out of her stupor, then turned her gaze to watch the battle of wills. Lyra couldn’t even hope to see all the pieces, but there was a big game of chess between their eyes. It wasn’t until Scootaloo pointed it out that she even noticed.

“Those monsters you carry cannot help you-” Scootaloo said as Red reached for his belt only to find that it wasn’t there, “-as they are no longer your property, Human”

Red’s gaze shifted to the belt that Scootaloo held in her hoof, as if it was something of worthless value. His eyes narrowed; the threat was clear.

Scootaloo’s expression didn’t change in the slightest, “I ask you one last time; will you join me?”

Red’s gaze went back and forth between his belt and Scootaloo. Lyra saw that he was going to take the deal if it meant that he could have his Pokémon back.

“…Red…” Lyra whispered in desperation.

Scootaloo trained her gaze forward, not looking at the mare that whispered to Red. Red’s eyes turned and their eyes met before he returned it to Scootaloo. He shook his head and the answer was clear.

Scootaloo’s eyes twitched in anger that he dared to defy her, and her wings flared as she leaped back, “Then maybe it would be best that I REDUCE YOU TO CINDERS!”

Lyra cried out in fright, trying to move to protect Red as the fire formed in Scootaloo’s mouth (How the filly had learned to do THAT, she didn’t know), but her legs were frozen in place. She realized that she lacked a certain key factor for being Red’s Pokémon. She couldn’t put her life on the line to protect her trainer, despite how much she cared for him.

Tears formed in her eyes as she glanced upward to grab one final look in his eyes. Despite his predicament, she still saw the same look of absolute confidence that he always wore. In fact, it almost looked like he was smirking…

The fire flew toward Red, but never met its target as a pony with a mane of fire leapt in front of him and absorbed the flames as if they were nothing.

Scootaloo used Flamethrower
Rapidash intercepted!
It’s not very effective

“W-what!?” Scootaloo stuttered, obviously shocked at the sight of the flaming pony that was almost the same size as her, if not a little smaller.

It took her a few moments to remember that it had been with Red the day that he had taken back his bag. How had he called her!? Lyra was quicker to figure it out. She smiled and remembered that Red had whistled earlier.

“You will pay for your transgressions” rumbled Scootaloo, flaring her wings and preparing to take flight.

Red’s gaze followed her as she took to the sky, his Pokémon still in her hoof. It was then, as she was above the houses, that the bird in the sky made its move. It paused, then began a steep dive. Closer and closer, it quickly made a beeline toward the rising pegasus, who didn’t notice the shape as it grew larger and larger in size. Red saw it and began shuffling Lyra out of the way. She didn’t understand why until a few moments later when the shape became clear and Scootaloo noticed it.

The Pidgeot glided past Scootaloo at breakneck speed, and was just close enough for its passenger to lean over and take the belt that Scootaloo held so casually in her hoof. The bird pulled up and came to land, sliding across the ground a few meters away as it slowed to a halt, crying out in victory.

Blue smirked at Red as he leapt off of Pidgeot, tossing the belt to Red as he walked over, “Yo Red, I think you lost something. Do I get a reward for bringing it back?”

Red caught it and put it on, taking out a Pokéball and gazing at Scootaloo, who cried out in anger, flames spurting from her mouth, “YOU WILL BOTH PAY!”

Scootaloo continued to climb, and Red immediately noticed that she was beginning to conform to a very specific attack.

“Daaamn, how’d she learn Sky Attack?” Blue commented as Scootaloo was cloaked in a harsh light, flying closer to the sun and slowly glowing brighter the farther away she went.

Blue glanced to Red and held out a single Pokéball, “After my catching spree, I’ve only got one spare one. The Pokémon- Er creatures around this area are all level 5. There wasn’t much use in training weaklings like that, so I let ‘em go. Didn’t get any of my balls back, though. What about you?”

Red dug around in his bag and held up two. They had three tries to catch her.

Blue nodded in response, “I’ve got better luck than you, so I’ll go first. You’re bringing out Charizard, right?”

Red nodded, pulling out a Pokéball and releasing the Pokémon inside. It was orange besides its stomach and had two horns protruding from its head. The end of its tail had a small fire burning on its tip. It roared a challenge, which was met by Scootaloo who continued to climb higher.

“Wait!” Lyra spoke up, “Let me come!”

Blue rolled his eyes and hopped onto his Pidgeot, “Pass. A grass type like you would only be burned up”

Lyra glanced to Red, who nodded in confirmation. She looked around rapidly, desperately trying to find something to talk him out of going.

“Why not take the blue one?” she offered as Blue rolled his eyes, accompanying a groan this time.

He frowned, “Blastoise can’t fly”

Lyra blinked and shifted her gaze downward. Red paused, then walked toward Charizard, leaping onto his back. Lyra gazed at him and gave a short wave of goodbye. He put two fingers to his hat and saluted, confusing her.

“But-” Lyra spoke before Blue interrupted her.

“Relax! You’re forgetting something important, Wannabe pokemon!” Blue chuckled as he and his Pidgeot shared a look.

Lyra raised her head and frowned at Blue, “Oh yeah? What’s that?”

Blue laughed as his Pidgeot flared its wings and got ready to follow Red’s Charizard into the sky, “Nothing can beat Red and Blue”