• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 326 Views, 1 Comments

The Fight of Starflight and Daylight - Immortal DJ Atom



Twins, Daylight and Starflight, fight for the right to rule Equestria.

  • ...
 1
 326

Chapter 6: The First Night

"I'm not doing that!" yelled Top Shot. Everypony in the village plaza. I could see them mouthing, "Be quiet. You're going to let the Soldiers of the Night find us."

"Sorry everypony," I said before turning back to Top Shot. "You have to. You are the only pony that escaped Starflight's palace. He might not be able to use his magic, but his Soldiers of the Night can. If it wasn't for the weak bars of your cell you would have probably died by now, no offense."

"None taken, but really. I'm not doing that."

"How about if Slight Fire agrees to her part, you have to do your part." I reached my hoof out to Top Shot.

"Deal, because it will never happen." Top Shot reached his hoof and shook mine. I yawned as I brought my hoof back to my side.

"We should go to Slight's hut," I said. We walked over to the hut Slight pointed out earlier, and I knocked on the door. I had only awakened yesterday morning, but I was glad I was making allies. Top Shot was the first pony I met and he never left my side since. I wasn't sure if I could trust Slight, but if the prophecy is true, I need my friends and allies by my side.

The door opened and Slight looked out at us. "Hi Daylight. Hi Top Shot. Come on in."

The hut looked like a small house on the inside. It had four rooms that I could see. The main room had a table, four chairs, a small oven and stove, and a couple of cabinets. Two of the doors were open. The first door led to a large bedroom with a full sized bed. The second door led into a storage room of sorts. I saw two beds and a couple of extra chairs.

We came in and sat at the table. Slight said, "Can I get you anything?"

"No thank you," said Top Shot at the same time as me.

The filly that screamed at me earlier because I am an alicorn walked in. When she saw me, she ran to the closed door and entered the next room. Slight said, "That's my daughter, Last Resort."

"The other fillies outside didn't react the same way to me. Is there any reason?" I asked.

"Yes. Years ago, I found her on the side of the road just outside the walls of Las Ponyia. I took her in as my daughter, but she wouldn't come out of her room for months. I had to leave her meals outside of her door. After about six months, she finally started coming out of her room to get her food, and I got her to talk to me. I asked how come I found her that day. She was old enough to tell me what happened. A dark alicorn came with a group of ponies in armor and killed her family right in front of her. Starflight let her live."

"There is still good in Starflight's heart," I mumbled to quiet for the others to hear.

Top Shot elbowed me in my side. I didn't know why at first, but then I remembered about our deal. "Slight, we need your help. I have a plan to save Equestria, but you are a part of it."

"What about Last Resort?"

"This can show everypony that alcorns are also good."

Slight looked at the door for a minute before looking back at us. "What's the plan?"

"Top Shot is the only pony that escaped Starflight's palace. He knows it like his own wings."

"The arena has a large cave that the gladiators walk through. It leads to a large chamber that Starflight drinks the losers blood. He enters it through a small door. The hallway leads straight to the throne room. He spends most of his time there, so it's a good shot."

"We just need a couple of distractions. That's were you come in. Each of you will draw their fire while I lead a small force through the tunnel to the throne room. Once in the throne room, we will fulfill the prophecy."

Slight looked at the door again and said, "Where do I sign up?"

"So you agree?" I asked.

"Yes," said Slight. I turned to look at Top Shot. He had a defeated look on his face.

"What's wrong with him?"

"He lost a bet."

"It was a deal."

I looked at Last Resort's bedroom door. "I feel bad for Last Resort. Nopony should see her family die. Can she come out?"

"Yes," said Slight. Slight got up and knocked on the door to Last Resort's bedroom. "Last Resort, can you please come out?"

"But there is an alicorn out there."

"Not all alicorns are bad."

"No, they are all bad."

I saw a mirror on top of the door way and when I saw myself, I noticed that the magical mud on my horn was gone. I started to levitate the other two chairs. Then I said, "Top Shot, can you please standup?"

As Top Shot stood up, I levitated both our chairs. Once all four chairs were in the air, I started making them go in a circle. They went faster and faster until they were just a blur of light brown. Slight turned around and saw the chairs flying. Then, she said, "Last Resort, you have to see this."

Last Resort opened her door, and her small, blue face lit up with a shade of red that looked like her mane. She ran out as the chairs slowed down. Once the chairs were touching the ground, They started dancing. The cabinets opened as pieces of food, silverware, and cooking tools flew onto the table and started dancing. Some even started singing. Everypony, including me, was to focused at the things dancing to hear the singing.

As I stopped and levitated everything back to its proper place, everypony started stomping their hooves, Last Resort the hardest. "Mom, you were right. Not all alicorns are bad."

Last Resort walked up to me and said, "Sorry about screaming in your face and saying you were bad."

"It's ok. With what you went through, I understand."

Slight and Top Shot also walked up to me. "That was amazing," said Top Shot.

"It was nothing," I said.

"Was it like that when you were my age?" asked Last Resort.

"No, it was better," I said. "Magic was everywhere. I remember my aunt, Princess Twilight telling us about her adventures with her friends, magic, and how to rule. I guess that's were Starflight got the idea to rule over Equestria by himself."

"Can I help you?" asked Last Resort.

"I'm sorry, but you're to young. You could get hurt," I said.

"Last Resort, it's time to go to bed," said Slight.

"Aaawww, goodnight, um?" said Last Resort.

"Daylight Runner."

"Top Shot."

Last Resort walked back to her room with Slight right behind her. Slight closed the door before Top Shot turning to me and saying, "Are you sure we can trust her?"

"Yes, well, no. I don't know."

"She was the first pony to offer us something, very quickly, in fact."

Slight opened the door and said, "Last Resort wants to hear a story that took place in your time."

"Ok," I said. I walked into Last Resort's bedroom. I saw a small, blue bed, a small cabinet, a small window, and a couple of posters. I looked out the window, and for the first time, I noticed that the overcast hasn't moved. The clouds were darker than any cloud he had seen before.

"Hi Last Resort."

"I want a story about the Elements of Harmony."

"You know about the Elements of Harmony?"

"There are a couple of books on them in the village library. All I know is that they have special powers that can destroy evil."

"Have you heard about the time Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness, faced her fears?"

"No. Can you tell me about it."

"Okay," and I starts telling her about the time a dragon fell asleep and started snoring out smoke. The Elements of Harmony had to get it to wake up. Only Fluttershy facing her fear of dragons could wake her up.

"She really stopped the dragon by yelling at it?"

"Yes."

"But Rainbow Dash and Applejack tried to force him, and Pinkie pie tried to make him laugh, and Rarity tried to impress him, and Twilight tried talking to him."

"Sometimes, only facing your fears will get something done. Time to go to sleep." As I told Last Resort good night, she took me into a deep hug.

"Your like the father I never had," said Last Resort. I finished saying good night and walked out to the main room. Top Shot and Slight were talking with each other. Slight looked up and saw me. She got up from her seat and walked into the storage room.

"What's with her?"

"She's getting a map so we can work out the kinks of our plan."

"Speaking of which, why did you not want to help?"

Top Shot was silent for a moment, but he finally spoke up. "My family has a history for escaping his army or something. They never got caught. I don't want to end that legacy."

"I see."

Slight walked out of the storage room with a group of maps in her magic. She spread one of the maps across the table. As it was leveled out, I saw it was an overhead map of past Equestria. She spread a second map right next to the first. She put a couple of books and such on the corners. As I looked at the second map, I saw a it was a map of Equestria from when I was born.

"If the plan is going to work, we need an army ten times larger than how many ponies are in Las Ponyia. The only cities still standing from your time," said Slight looking, looking at me, "Are Manehattan, Canterlot, and Cloudsdale. We could get a big enough army if we can take control of one of them. Cloudsdale is the closest, but we might not have enough."

Slight stopped and looked at us like she wanted to hear our take. I said, "We probably can't get enough soliders to storm Canterlot, but we can get enough to take control of Manehattan. From there, we can get enough."

We talked about the plan for a little bit. Last Resort was going to stay at a friend's house during the mission. When we finished, me and Slight levitated a pair of beds out into the main room. After we said goodnight, me and Top Shot crawled into the beds that we placed a couple of hooves apart from each other.

After Slight's bedroom light went of, Top Shot started whispering, "I think she has a crush on you."

"What!?"

"Slight has a crush on you."

"What gives you that idea?"

"You should have seen the way the way she was talking about you when you were telling Last Resort a story. She was all like 'Daylight is so strong. I just want to kiss him'," said Top Shot, doing his best Slight voice.

"Did she really say that?"

"Yes, and more."

I thought 'I can't believe this. I had a crush on her since the moment I first laid eyes on her.' I kept on thinking about that for the rest of the night.

----------
AT THE SAME TIME IN CANTERLOT

I looked out over the ruins of what used to be Ponyville. He had it burned to the ground when he took control over Equestria. He took the Elements of Harmony and threw them into a volcano. He stood no resistance at Ponyville, because the had the Elements of Harmony. As I thought about putting Daylight in the Everfree, A voice said, "Why did you have to put Daylight there."

"What do you by you mean? We are one. I am your mind, body, and soul."

"I am my soul and body. You're just invading my mind, like a parasite."

"Am I really just that. I am, after all, the one who put him there. You let me do all this."

"Just because you took control of my body doesn't mean I didn't put up a fight."

"I invaded you when you were just a foal. You were able to keep me from being shown for most of the time, but when you opened your heart to your school crush, I changed you. When Equestria is mine without any ponies hiding from me, you'll thank me. I'm all you have left. Daylight was supposed to awaken yesterday, but he didn't. He died. I am Nightmare Moon."

Starflight was left speechless. Not because he was possessed by Nightmare Moon, but because Daylight was dead. "How come you choose to possess me? If your a mare, why did you choose me, a stallion?"

"You had low will, and because you were close to the royal family, in it."

"I had several sisters and brothers."

"You had something about you. You were a, how do I put this, chosen?"

"What do you-"

A pair of doors flew open as a yellow pegasus mare with a red mane flew in. "I beg for your forgiveness for bursting in on you, but we have a message from a spy in Las Ponyia. She spotted a alicorn that fit the description of Daylight Runner."

I said, "I thought I killed him!"

"She saw him only a few hooves away. She's the best spy we have."

'He's alive? Please let him save Equestria,' thought Starflight.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment