• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 350 Views, 1 Comments

Izedmiehan Invasion - Augui



An ancient and aggressive pony race called the Izedmiehans, thought to be long extinct and of myth and legend, returns to invades Equestria, creating a widespread devastating war.

  • ...
 1
 350

Chapter Three

"What the hell was that?!" Twilight demanded an answer, coming down something fierce on Pinkie
"I said what an amazing sho-"
"Not that, your gunshot" Twilight said sternly
"He made a move, and I took him down before he could pose a threat. Textbook takedown if you ask me, ma'am." Twilight pulled back slowly but kept her commandeering stance over Pinkie
"I'll be asking the techs to review that footage Pinkie" she said, gesturing toward her helmet camera. Rarity piped up from behind.
"Ladies, we've gotta keep moving. Applejack's at the top and her last radio transmission, or what I got out of it, said to get up there. Besides, it's only a few minutes before they notice something is wrong here. Let's make the best of that to leave the scene instead of bicker like ruffians"

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had finally made it to the top of the hill after narrowly evading several search parties, one of which had been unfortunate enough to stumble upon their hiding spot in a bush as they passed by.
"Finally," Applejack sighed, relieved "I tracked your transponders on the way up"
"Rainbow's injured, Applejack. I need you to scan her wing for me"
A few moments passed as the module on Applejack's saddle inspected Rainbow's broken appendage, and their nearby computer chirped at them with the results, which Fluttershy promptly attended to as Applejack got some water and supplements for the pair.
"How is it?"
"Hmm..." Fluttershy turned back to Dash "Well, it's not good. I can say that much. It's definitely broken... again"
"Again?" Applejack asked
"Heh, yeah, when I broke my wing practicing stunts for the Wonderbolts and..." She really did hate to admit it to her friends, even after so long "found my love for... reading..."
"And the fact that you're always breaking bones"
The trio laughed, but it quickly soured and died as they remembered this was all before the war began, and what happened since.
"Y'all know I'm not leaving the other three to make their own way home, right? We're waiting here for them"
"But AJ, the objective-"
"Will be completely safe with all three of us around it while we wait for them to get back" she interrupted "and even more so once they are back and we can move again"

A gunshot echoed up the hill to the peak, then one more... and one last shot. Applejack scrambled to the radio
"Twilight, Applejack here. We just heard gunfire, was that you?" She waited, but no response came.
"Away team, this is base, do you copy?" More static followed, but faintly heard was one voice inside the white noise.
"Say again, last transmission unintelligible."
Enough of the familiar voice of one fashionista-turned-soldier finally came through for them to recognize who it was, but they still didn't understand a thing she said.
"Rarity, this is Applejack. I'm not receiving your transmission. If y'all can hear this, proceed to the peak of the hill, priority one. We're waiting on you. Base out."
"So..."
"We wait. And you need some food. Some real tasty, top of the line five-course meal, fit for the Princesses themselves, courtesy of the Equestrian military" Applejack mockingly laughed and smiled as Dash sighed in grief.

Author's Note:

Took me a while to figure out where and how to continue this after the last chapter, but it seems to work. As always, comment your thoughts!

Comments ( 1 )

Why canceled? Lack of interest?

Login or register to comment