• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 1,095 Views, 4 Comments

Doctor Whooves-Episode 2: The Purple Apocalypse - Commodore64



The Doctor and his entourage travel to the year 3036 in Fillydelphia, over one thousand years in the future. There, they meet a strange group of people with a horrible plan to destroy Equestira.

  • ...
1
 4
 1,095

The Creed of Color

Snow fell down hard on the streets of Fillydelphia. Cobblestone streets were empty, only a few cars parked here and there. Powerful, and fluorescent street lamps lit parts of the otherwise blurry street. The scene was quiet. Only the faint sounds of conversation or music coming from inside the buildings. A lonesome, plastic bag flies freely in the air, almost elegantly, before it gets run over by an oncoming hovercar. Coming from inside a building, there was audible commotion before a light gray pony with a firm jaw and withered cheekbones, was pushed out of the building, having bottles and other things being thrown at him.

"Alright, alright, I'm going." The gray colt said, shielding his face with his hooves and holding what looked like an old fashioned military jacket.

"Aye," there came a fat, blue colt in a stained apron out of the builing, "And you better not come back again. Just because you can't hold down a job doesn't mean you can mooch off of my bar!"

"Hey," the gray colt started to put on his jacket, "My ancestors fought and died in the Griffin war so that you could own your stinkin' bar!"

"Yeah, so did all of our's. Doesn't make you special." The blue colt said, holding the doors of the building.

The gray colt turned his body away, but turned his head slightly so that he was still looking at the blue pony, "You know where to stick it."

"I was in the military once." There was a pause between the two, "And I actually served my time." The blue colt slammed the door. The gray colt started to charge at the building, but stopped once the door was closed. He then looked down and sighed. He walked toward an alley where it looked like no snow was falling.

His assumptions were correct. Although the floor was damp, snow had seemed to not affect the area. Probably because there were exhaust pipes shooting steam in every direction. The gray colt found a nice, dry spot on the ground and laid down, covering himself with his coat.

"Good night, Mom." The colt whispered, as he drifted off into slumber.

Suddenly, a bright, purple light arose from a nearby sewer grate, causing the gray pony to wake up. He stood up, put his coat back on and started for the grate. As he got closer, the light dampened and eventually faded away. He pulled the grate out of the ground with his mouth and jumped inside. He landed after a fall of about 30 feet and looked around his surroundings. He was in a hallway, lit by torches, the floor was damp and cold and the whole hallway, completely made of stone and cement, was very, very dark. On one side, he saw five ponies standing in a circle around a table. with a purple light emanating from the it.

"Is it ready?" the second one on the right asked.

"Almost." The middle one said, "All we need know is a fitting subject, and he shall make his glorious return."

"Hey!" the grey colt shouted, making the cloaked ponies turn around to see him

"How did you get in here?" a mare's voice came from the furthest on the left.

"Nevermind that." The gray colt said, "Who the hell are you? What the hell are you doing here? And what the hell is that purple thing on the table."

"We are the Cult of Smooze." The middle pony explained, "We are resurrecting our dead master."

"And the purple thing?"

The five ponies spoke in unison, "Master."

The center one stepped out, "Who are you, gray one?"

"I'm nopony."

"Where do you live?"

"Nowhere. I was sleeping up on the street before that purple light woke me up."

"Oh. So you're a colt that nopony will miss?"

The gray colt began to back away, "Not relatively. But what does that have to do with anything?"

"A fitting vessel for his return."

The other four ponies spoke in unison again, "Yes, a very fitting vessel."

"What are you talking about?" The gray pony was still backing away.

"Grab him!" The center pony yelled. The other four rushed toward the gray colt, who began to run away, but was tackled and held to the ground, facing up. The center pony leaned over him and held up a knife that glinted in from the light of the torches. The torchlight also made part of the pony's face visible, revealing a wounded, shiny eye without a pupil.

"What are you going to do to me?!" The gray colt yelled.

"You will be written of in the history books," the center pony said, "You will be written of, and referred to as, The Great Martyr." The knife then plunged into the gray colt's chest, dilating his eyes. The scream escaped his mouth, echoing throughout the dim hallway.

An hotel room in Fillydelphia stands empty and freshly made. The linens on the beds are straightly tucked in and the whole room has a very straight feel to it. The desk, the moderate painting on the wall, the television. Everything was perfectly straight.

Then, a light started to shine near the ceiling, lighting up and fading away in unison with very strong hums. More hums came and a wooden, blue box appeared in the room gradually. It finally became solid, and it stood in the room... crooked.

The door opened into the box and out stepped the Doctor, clad in his purple suit, looking back and forth before stepping out completely, "Here we are. The year 3036. Fillydelphia."

The four other ponies started to walk out of the TARDIS when Octavia said, "Doctor, why are we in a hotel room?"

"Well, the TARDIS is still working out your rooms." The Doctor said

"We get our own rooms?" Pinkie Pie said, she rushed over to the doctor with a flash of dust flying off of the ground, she stick her eye straight into the Doctor's with a menacing look, "Do they have," she leaned in closer, "bunk beds?"

"Well of course," The Doctor said, "bunk beds are cool."

Pinkie's face lit up like Christmas, "I've been saying that for the longest time, but nopony actually agreed with me. Well, except for Rainbow, but what do you expect. Me and Rainbow are dating. She's basically contractually obligated to agree with me. Oh, sorry, Rainbow and I. But, anyway. Bunk beds ARE cool! It's a bed-"

The Doctor and Pinkie began to talk in unison, "-AND a ladder."

The Doctor and Pinkie laughed and then the Doctor spoke on his own, "You can't beat it." He turned to look at the bed, "Oh my god!" He walked toward the bed and looked at the pillow, which had little, shiny spheres covering it.

"You actually have these here?" The Doctor asked.

"What are they?" Derpy replied, "They look like, ball bearings."

The Doctor picked one of them up in his hoof and held it in the air, "Precisely!" He yelled with a joyous smile, "Edible ball bearings! We had these back in my universe. Granted you are about a millennium late on this, but still. Brilliant." He put the ball bearing in his mouth, chewed, swallowed, and began to lick the inside of his mouth, "Hm. Raspberry."

The Doctor started to walk toward the window, "Ball bearings you can eat. People never cease to amaze me with what they make. Even if they are ponies. Although trying to get the flavoring inside the bearing itself with hooves, is a bit tricky. I supposed I should be impressed by that alone. But, seriously now. Ball bearings you can eat. Who comes up with this-," he got to the window and gasped, "Oh my lord."

"What?" Vinyl asked, lighting a cigarette.

The Doctor turned around with a mad smile, "Oh, my little ponies, we're not just in any hotel. We are in the best hotel in the entire world." He galloped over to a counter where a card was neatly placed, he picked it up and held it up to the group, "The Fillydelphia Royale. And yes, that's Royal with and E. Royale. Never quite understood that, but it is fun to say. Royale, royale, royale, royale. Anyway, this is the best hotel in all of Equestria and we're going to be staying in it for a couple of nights. It sure does beat the loft above SugarCube Corner."

"Hey," Pinkie said, "I live there you know."

The Doctor walked up to Pinkie and grasped her hoof, "And I am deeply, deeply sorry about that." He quickly let go of Pinkie's hoof and started to walk around the room in a sporadic pattern, "But that's not the point right now. The point is. We're staying in the Fillydelphia Royale!"

"I've never heard of this place." Rainbow piped in.

"Of course you haven't," The Doctor stated, "In your time it hasn't been built yet. But, now, in the 3030's. Hm. 3030's. Ohhh, that's new. I should right that down. Where was I? Oh yeah, now, in the 3030's, The Fillydelphia Royale is the home to queens and kings. Well, Princesses, I guess. But my point still stands. Welcome to the greatest hotel in all of Equestria." He started towards a door on the side of the room, pulling his sonic screwdriver out of his pocket, "The rooms are connected," the flashed the screwdriver at the lock and opened the door, "Me and anyone who wants to be with a brilliant mind such as myself. Wow, I've really gotten braggy in this regeneration. Wonder what that says about myself. Can stay in this room, since the TARDIS is in here. And everybody else can say in that room."

"You mean everypony else?" Octavia corrected.

The Doctor spun around to face Octavia with a quizzical look, "What?"

"Everypony else. Isn't that how we talk?" Octavia said.

"Oh, right. New universe and all. But tell me this, Octavia the cellist, pony. Not sure how that would work, with hooves and all. What is grammatically wrong with saying everybody or everyone. There's only one of you, and last time I checked you have a body." The Doctor said.

Vinyl snickered, "Yeah, she does."

Octavia blushed, "Oh, stop it Vinyl."

"My point still stands." The Doctor said, "Where was I? Oh yes. Everybody else can stay in that room."

"Wait, so we can just stay in these rooms? Don't we have to check in?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Of course we have to check in." The Doctor reached inside his coat and pulled out a shiny rectangular prism, "That's why we have this."

"What's that? Is it some kind of credit thingy that lets you buy stuff?" Pinkie asked.

"Well, yes, actually. I've programmed this with unlimited credits so renting out a room for the night won't be that hard." The Doctor started to throw it up and down in his hoof before putting it back in his coat and walking toward the door. "Now then, let's go to the bar."

"You drink?" Vinyl asked.

"Of course I drink. Everyone drinks. Don't they?" The Doctor said, opening the door and walking into the hallway. The corners were bordered with gold and the carpet felt as velvet in colorful designs of green and red.

"I guess. Just didn't figure a time traveling alien pony would enjoy the occasional brewsky is all." Vinyl said.

"Nah. Never been a beer fan. I do like brandy though, brandy, scotch, whiskey. Oh, love a smooth whiskey." The Doctor said.

Rainbow Dash nudged Pinkie Pie, "This explains a lot." Pinkie giggled.

---

With the Doctor leading, the six ponies walked into the bustling bar. It was roaring with conversation, and loud, electronic music. Lamps were on every table, giving the entire bar a slightly yellow feel to it. The Doctor almost pranced into the room before leaping head-on into the bar, landing with his hooves outstretched. "Now this, dear children, is the real high class gig." The other five looked around to confirm his boast. Most of the colts in the room were dressed in fine suits and the mares in elegant dresses. Though most of the clothing was a bi metallic and fake-looking, it was still magnificent. "Vinyl, Octavia, Pinkie, Rainbow. You guys go sit in that booth. Me and Derpy will talk to the bartender."

The four ponies started toward the booth when Vinyl turned back to the Doctor, "Wait, why are you talking to the bartender?"

"Oh, no reason." The Doctor said.

Vinyl, Pinkie, Octavia, and Rainbow all sat down in a booth facing the wall. The booth itself was upholstered with fine, red leather and the table was made of a nice, furnished wood. A waiter walked over to the table, "Hello there, what would you mares like to drink."

"Red wine. Anything foreign. Thank you." Octavia said.

"Scotch. Glen McKenna" Rainbow Dash ordered.

"Give Me A Milk!" Pinkie slammed her hoof on the table and leaned into the waiter, "Chocolate!"

The waiter back up a bit at Pinkie's enthusiasm, "Oookayy then," the waiter then turned to Vinyl, "And you, ma'am?"

"Beer." Vinyl said, lighting up another cigarette.

"What kind?" the waiter asked.

"Um.. Give me a micro-brew." Vinyl ordered.

"Which one?" the waiter asked

Vinyl leaned her head down slightly and grinned, "Surprise me."

The waiter sighed, "Alright, we'll be right out."

The Doctor and Derpy sat at the bar, side by side. The Doctor was leaning over, the shoulder pads of his coat sticking out and Derpy was sitting with her hoof holding up her head. Just then, a fat, blue colt came toward them, wiping down the bar with a rag, "What can I get the two of you?"

"Two brandies, if you don't mind." The Doctor ordered.

"Coming right up." The colt reached behind the bar and selected a bottle of brandy and two cups. He opened the bottle with a slight pop and began to pour the orangey-brown liquid into the glasses.

"But I don't drink." Derpy said, "It's bad enough my eyes are always crossed. I really don't think I should have a brandy."

"Derpy, this isn't some two dollar beer that they'll throw around at a frat party, this is fine brandy. This is sophisticated stuff." The Doctor said, taking up a glass.

"So what do you do for a living?" The bartender asked.

"I'm a-" The Doctor paused for a second, looking to Derpy and then back at the bartender, "I'm a private investigator." The Doctor pulled out his psychic paper and showed it to the blue colt, "Private Investigator Time Turner. And this is my lovely assistant, Derpy Hooves."

"Ah, so you're a cop." The bartender said with a grin on his face.

"I suppose you could say that, yes."

"Haven't seen a lot of cops in purple suits."

"Most of them don't have the visual presence that I do. Could never pull it off."

"Actually, I haven't seen a lot of cops around here to begin with."

"And why's that?"

"Why do you think? This place is a high-class joint. You see the suits and dresses everywhere. You really think a robber or a drug dealer is gonna come around here?"

"Good point."

"So why are you here, Mr. Turner? Something happen in the building?"

"No, I'm just kind of passing through. I do need to ask you one thing though."

"What?"

"Has there been any strange activity going on around this part of the city lately."

"Not that I know of. Only thing strange around here is that Carnelian Wreath hasn't come by yet."

"Who's Carnelian Wreath?" Derpy butted in, "A friend of yours?"

"If he was my friend then you can call me the Duke of Manehattan. All he does is come in here, order enough whiskey to drown four ponies, doesn't pay, and then I throw him out. I keep telling him not to come in here, but he's usually here around 9 in the morning." The bartender answered.

"It's the middle of the afternoon." The Doctor pointed out.

"I know. It's like he's gone missing or something."

The Doctor slid into an upright sit, "Missing you say?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

The Doctor finished off his brandy with a final sip and stood up, "Thank you for your cooperation. As well as the brandy." He turned to Derpy, "Follow me." He started to walk out of the bar.

Derpy chased after him and started to walk next to him, "Where are we going?"

"We're private investigators aren't we?" The Doctor said, "We private investigating."

---

Derpy and the Doctor walked out of the back entrance of the hotel. A large neon sign with the words "Fillydelphia Royale Pub" shined brightly above the entrance. The Doctor began to walk toward an alleyway, Derpy following him, "So what are we looking for exactly?" Derpy asked.

"I have no idea exactly what we're looking for. Relatively, what we're looking for is some kind of clue that would point to that colt being missing." They entered the damp alleyway, the Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and waving it around calculatingly, "From what the bartender told us, this colt is homeless. So we just need to look for any possesions laying around that might've fallen off of him when he was being taken. A scarf, a lighter, a watch, a coat that he was sleeping under."

"Purple jam." Derpy stopped the Doctor with her hoof and looked down at the ground.

"What?" The Doctor turned to Derpy, who pointed her hoof at the ground.

"Purple jam." Derpy was pointed at a pile of purple ooze that had been laying on the ground and glowed slightly. Derpy and the Doctor leaned down to investigate.

"That's strange." The Doctor put his sonic screwdriver back in his coat and picked up some of the jam with his hoof, "Who leaves grape jam in the middle of an alleyway?" The Doctor licked his hoof and then spat to his right, "Bleh. Somebody who doesn't know how to cook strawberry jam."

"It doesn't look spoiled."

"You're right. It doesnt." The doctor pulled his sonic screwdriver back out and began to wave it around the purple substance. He extended the screwdriver's claw-like protrusions and looked at it diligently. He grinned his mad grin, "Fantastic!"

"What is it?"

The Doctor pulled out a beaker with a cap on it and handed it to Derpy, "Put some of it in this."

"Why? It's just really bad grape jam."

"Oh, my dear little cross-eyed mare, just isn't just any grape jam. This is living grape jam!"

"So, this jam is alive?"

"Yes, perfectly sentient. I think I'll call him... her... it? Whatever. I think I'll call it Bob."

Derpy sealed the beaker and handed it back to the Doctor, "Why Bob?"

The both stood up, the Doctor putting the beaker back into his pocket, "Why not? Plus, Bob is a good name. A concise name. A short, sweet and to the point name that nobody really uses anymore."

"Okay. Whatever you say. Wait!"

"What?"

"Did we just leave Pinkie Pie IN A BAR!!!?"

The Doctor's eyes widened, "Oh bother."

---

The Doctor and Derpy came running into the bar, quickly arriving at the booth the rest of the ponies were at, "Pinkie!"

At the booth, Pinkie Pie was leaning on the table, sipping from a straw wrapped around a cup of chocolate milk. She leaned back up at the scream of her name. She wiped a mustache left off by the milk somehow, "What?"

"Chocolate Milk?" The Doctor asked.

"Yeah. I never order alcoholic drinks. They don't really affect me at all and they taste kinda gross so I don't see the point in drinking them." Pinkie explained.

Octavia then jumped out of the booth and landed kind of wobbly near the Doctor, "Which is less then can be said for-" Octavia hiccuped, "-less than can be said for-" hiccup, "-said for-" hiccup "-me." Octavia fell down into the booth, her head landing on the table and half her body hanging off.

"Wow." Derpy said.

"Yep. Octie's always been a light weight drunk." Vinyl said, taking a sip of her beer.

"How much did she have?" The Doctor asked.

"Only about a glass and a half." Vinyl said. Octavia sloshily leaned back up and put her hoof around Vinyl's neck.

"You," she said, "When we get up stairs I'm gonna" hiccup, "you so hard. Goodnight mommy." She fell on the table again.

"Alrighty then" The Doctor stated, "Anyway, when we were outside, we found this." he reached into his coat and pulled out the beaker with the purple ooze in it.

"What is it?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. We're going up to the TARDIS to scan it," The Doctor explained, "We do know one thing though."

Pinkie leaned closer to it, "Is it alive?"

The Doctor was dumbstruck, it took a second for him o regain his composure, "Well, yes actually. This purple sludge seems to be sentient. How did you know?"

"Lucky guess." Pinkie adjusted her hat.

"Pinkie Pie, you never cease to amaze me."

"Well, that and the eye." Pinkie explained.

"The eye?" The Doctor turned the beaker around to discover that an eye had grown inside the purple sludge and was looking around the room. The Doctor grinned his mad grin, "Well ain't that something? Let's go back up to the rooms. Pinkie, Derpy, you're gonna help me with the purple stuff. Vinyl, Rainbow, please help Octavia walk."

---

As The Doctor walked into the control room of the TARDIS, thousands of lights illuminated the entire room. This had been his ship for centuries, and it was still excited whenever it saw him. Following him were Derpy and Pinkie Pie, her scarf dragging on the floor of the room. He pulled the beaker out of his jacket and put it in a pour in the center console. It fell in and a scope popped out of the left of the console along with two knobs on the side.

"What's that thing?" Derpy asked.

"It's a microscope." The Doctor explained, looking into the eyepiece, "I'm going to use it to understand exactly what this stuff is made of."

"You have a microscope in here? What's next, a toaster hidden in that thing?" Pinkie asked.

Just as Pinkie finished her sentence, the Doctor, not daring to look away from the eyepiece, pulled a lever down, making two pieces of freshly toasted bread leap out of the console. One of them the Doctor caught with his teeth and the other landed in Pinkie's open hoof. Her face was wide with amazement, "I'll try to stop asking questions."

"I like that philosophy," The Doctor said, "No questions. Only victory." He leaned closer into the eyepiece, "Oh my god, that's fantastic!"

"What?" Derpy asked, her and Pinkie circling around the Doctor.

"This stuff isn't just one living organism." The Doctor got up from the eyepiece and pushed a button, making a vision come up on the monitor of hundreds of tiny, purple blobs floating in a navy blue sea. Part of the eye could be seen on the very right of the monitor, "It's millions of cell sized organisms."

"Wouldn't those just be cells?" Pinkie asked.

"No. Cells don't think, they don't feel emotion. From the way these act, these are perfectly sentient conscious organisms somehow combined into this purple substance." The Doctor explained.

"But that doesn't explain the eye just floating around in it." Derpy pointed out.

"You see that blue liquid?"

"Yeah."

"There's traces of sodium in there. From the quick scan I've done, the eye is made out of pure sodium. Although that doesn't explain why it's looking around like that." The Doctor explained, flashing his sonic screwdriver at one of the controls.

"What are you doing?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh, just a personal project. My transmat beam broke when we landed in SugarCube Corner, just repairing it."

"So what are we supposed to do? About the purple stuff that is." Derpy asked.

"Well first, we need to sober Octavia up. Can't have one of us drunk. That is step 1 of my plan." The Doctor pulled a strange looking needle out of the TARDIS control console and began to walk out.

"So, what's step 2?" Pinkie asked.

"Step 2 of my plan is to come up with step 2."

"Are you just making this up as you go along?"

"It's become a habit of mine."

The three walked out of the TARDIS to find Octavia sleeping on the bed, Vinyl sitting next to her, and Rainbow Dash leaning on the wall. The Doctor walked over to Octavia and aimed the needle at her shoulder, "Don't worry, this is only going to hurt a little." He injected the needle into her shoulder and pressed down releasing some blue liquid into Octavia, then pulled the needle out and threw it back into the TARDIS, it landing with a crash. Octavia's eyes shot open and she sat up, holding her head, Vinyl with her arm around her.

"What the hell did you just do?" Vinyl asked in a worried tone.

"I released antibodies into her bloodstream, completely erasing all the alcohol from her body. Perfect way of sobering somebody up." The Doctor explained, a smile on his face.

"Ow." Octavia said, holding her head with her hoof.

"Yeah, hangovers still take affect with that method. Sorry about that."

Vinyl planted a kiss on Octavia's forehead.

"Okay! The time has come, children! We're going exploring" The Doctor exclaimed, walking out of the room.

---

In the center of a circular room, damp and stone cold, dripping with water, and rats crawling in various directions, a pony cloaked in a black cape and hood sat in a meditating position on the floor, their chest slowly moving up and down in deep breaths. Faint hoofsteps could be heard coming down a hallway, which progressively got louder and louder with every clap of hoof to stone. Another cloaked pony came running into the room, stopping and breathing heavily, "Sir, somepony has discovered the sample we left in the alleyway. I think he may suspect us." the panting pony alarmed in a mare's voice.

The pony in the middle of the room sat unmoved, and seemingly unalarmed, he spoke in a deep, booming, melancholy voice, "Who is this stallion?"

"His.. companions, I supposed, referred to him as 'Doctor'"

"Doctor what?"

"I don't know, sir. As far as we know. He is only the Doctor."

"And this Doctor with no name has found the first step in the resurrection?"

"Yes, sir."

The meditating colt stood up and removed his hood, revealing a neatly combed, black mane hanging down on his red face, covering his left eye, as well as his horn, and a visible scar going through his glassy right eye, "Then let the Doctor fear the power of our fallen leader and die at his return."

"Yes, sir. He will."

"Hail Smooze."

"Hail Smooze."

---

The Doctor and his group walked out of the pub again, going down the same path that him and Derpy went down earlier. Octavia was now wearing Vinyl's sunglasses and Vinyl's hood was up, concealing her face. Rainbow Dash was hovering over the group, though still staying in close proximity to Pinkie Pie. And in the lead was The Doctor with Derpy following not that far behind.

"We picked up the sample in the alleyway over here." The Doctor said as he led the group into the alleyway to discover that the pile of purple sludge had nearly doubled in the time they were gone. "My lord." The Doctor leaned down to examine it. "It's expanded rapidly. How long were we gone?"

"I don't know," Derpy said, "Twenty minutes maybe."

The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and started to scan the substance. "Twenty minutes." He flicked his wrist, extending the claws of the screwdriver and examined the readings of it. "My god."

"What?" Vinyl asked.

"This isn't expanding. It's absorbing. Everything around it. This ground isn't ground anymore, it's the purple sludge now."

"But wait, Doctor, didn't you touch it?" Derpy asked.

"Yes, but it seems to have been in a dormant kind of larval form at that point, so I think I'm safe. Now, it's converting everything around it into itself." The Doctor explained.

"That does leave one very important question unanswered." Pinkie pointed out.

The Doctor looked over his shoulder to face Pinkie, "And what's that?"

"Where is this stuff coming from?" Pinkie asked.

"You're right." The Doctor shot up into a standing position, "That is a great question. Where is this stuff coming from?" He pulled his sonic screwdriver back out and started to wave it around, looking for something.

"Is it alien?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No, it's not any species I'm familiar with, and I know just about all of them personally, but it's also nothing that should exist here. So that just leaves one possibility." As the screwdriver faced a sewer grate, it began to vibrate intensely and beep at an alarming rate. The Doctor opened the sewer grate with the screwdriver and pulled it off.

"And what would that be?" Octavia asked, still holding her head.

The Doctor looked up at Octavia, "Somebody made this." He grinned his mad grin, "Geronimo." He leaped into the sewer grate. A splash, somehow mixed with a thud, came from inside the sewer grate as the Doctor landed. "Come on, we don't have all day."

"He can't be serious." Vinyl said.

"You really don't know The Doctor." Derpy said as she flew down into the sewer.

---

Recovering from his fall, The Doctor stood up, shaking his mane back and forth to dry it off. He examined the area around him to see a very dark hallway with strange protrusions coming from the walls. He heard the faint sound of flapping wings and hooves landing next to him. Then, Derpy's voice came from his left, "I sure hope you're right about this, Doctor."

"The thing about me," The Doctor replied as four other ponies could be heard lowering into the sewer, "Is that I'm always right." He walked over to the strange protrusion, each hoofstep echoing through the entire hallway and felt it carefully. He then pulled out his sonic screwdriver and flashed it at the protrusion, lighting it and all the other torches that had been coming out of the wall.

"If this is a sewer, why isn't it more sewery?" Rainbow Dash asked.

The Doctor started down the hallway, everyone else following short behind, "I'm assuming that someone is hiding down here. If you lived here you wouldn't really want waste pumping in 24/7. So, they blocked off part of the old sewer and have been living down here for some time now."

"And you got all that from being here for a total of 15 seconds." Vinyl pointed out.

"Impressed?" The Doctor was grinning his mad grin.

"Yeah, actually." Vinyl said.

The group arrived at a fork in the hallway, The Doctor looked down each path, sat down and said, "Oh, that's tricky."

"Where do we go now?" Pinkie Pie asked.

The Doctor scratched his chin thoughtfully, "Let's see here." He started to wave his hoof back and forth between the two paths, "Eenie Meenie Minie Moe. Left!"

The Doctor started left, the rest of the ponies hesitantly following him, "Oh you've got to be kidding me." Vinyl said.

The only sound that could be heard were never ending hoofsteps following the entourage of ponies walking aimlessly down the hallway. No one spoke. No one dared speak. But, that didn't stop Pinkie Pie.

"I still don't understand why somepony would make that purple ooze stuff." Pinkie pointed out.

"That's why we're down here," The Doctor explained, "There has to be some kind of motive to create that and we're here to find it out." The Doctor led the group into a room, a circular room were the torches weren't lit. He quickly lit the torches with the sonic screwdriver and the room flooded with light. Only to reveal a sight of pure despair.

Near the middle of the room was a barred gate, much like a prison door cell, and sitting in the cell was a grotesque pile of what looked like mangled body parts, all connected by a form of multicolored ooze, much like the substance that they had collected earlier. Eyes, legs, snouts, hooves and tails were all coming out of the pile, twitching with what some might call life. The Doctor walked over, unlocked the door with his sonic screwdriver and leaned down to get a better look at the monstrosity. Almost as soon as the Doctor's face got near the ooze, a new, crudely formed face popped out of the substance, it's eyes blinking slowly.

A raspy, tired, and beaten voice came from the snout, "Help us."

The Doctor seemed to whisper very monotone, "I don't think I can do that."

"Why?" Multiple voices seemed to come out of different parts of the ooze, each pleading for salvation.

"It looks like someone tried to make you into something different but ended up failing. You've been thrown in this cell, presumably so that no one could discover you. How long have you been down here."

A sweet mare's voice came from the right as a new face appeared, a face that looked like it was once beautiful, "They kidnapped us at different times to mend us into their experiment. Most of us have lost our minds. Lost our souls. And only a select few are aware of where we are. We are the unfortunate ones."

The Doctor shifted his position to look into the eyes of the mare, "What is your name?"

"I was Daisy Prancer, but now I am only this disgusting pile of mush." The mare tried it's best to turn away from the Doctor, "Don't look at me!"

"Look, Daisy. I can try my best to help you, though I can't make any guarantees. But first, you have to tell me what happened. Who did this to you?"

"The cult."

"What cult?"

"Nopony knows their names. We just know they are sick and twisted and mad. They snatched ponies off the street so that they could use us in something they called 'the resurrection'. I was on my way to see my coltfriend. We had been dating for nearly 2 years. I think he was going to propose that night, though I will never truly know." Tears seemed to roll down the mare's face.

"I'm sorry," The Doctor said, "I'm so sorry."

"What can you do?" The mare asked, "What is your name?"

The Doctor shot up, still looking down at the mare, "I'm the Doctor, and I will make sure that this cult will never kill anyone again. And I promise, Daisy Prancer. I will come back for you." With that, the Doctor left the cell and locked the door again with his sonic screwdriver.

"What's this thing?" Pinkie Pie asked, looking at the wall on the other side of the room.

The Doctor turned to Pinkie, "What's what thing?"

"This thing. It looks like a symbol to some super secret society. Probably the cult the Daisy was talking about." Pinkie Pie backed away to reveal a circular symbol on the wall with writing going around the outside like a border and in the center was a symmetrical depiction of purple slime with eyes scattered in every direction. The Doctor walked towards it with worry and determination in his eyes.

"Oh, this is not good." He said.

"What is it?" Derpy asked.

"It's the crest for the Cult of Smooze." The Doctor explained.

"The Cult of how now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The Cult of Smooze. An ancient cult that worshiped a blob of purple ooze that they believed would eventually flood the planet in it's 'perfection'. At first, Smooze was a colt who lived deep in the Everfree Forest, studying the ways of life. According to legend, after he reached enlightenment, he turned into the purple ooze. Eyes protruding out of every section of his new body. It used to be a peaceful practice, where in when you reached enlightenment you would turn into Smooze. And at the end of the world, all the ponies would become enlightened, and that's why Smooze would flood the planet. But now, there's very few left, and they are fiery preachers of the end times that nobody seems to pay attention to." The Doctor explained.

"So they made the purple stuff and kidnapped ponies in order to fulfill their apocalyptic prophecy!?" Pinkie suggested.

"Exactly." The Doctor's eyes widened, "They're gonna bring about the end of the world!" He turned around and pulled his sonic screwdriver out of his coat, waving it around, scanning. "We have to find out where they are and-"

He put his screwdriver away, "Wait a tick. Where are Vinyl and Octavia?"

The other three looked around, dumbstruck, "I have no idea." Rainbow Dash said.

The Doctor started to storm out of the room, "Of course, they wandered off. Why do they always wander off? The first rule has always been DON'T WANDER OFF!"

---

Vinyl and Octavia were walking down one of the many identical looking hallways, Vinyl with her arm around Octavia and Octavia, trying to support her while she was holding her mouth. Octavia was no longer wearing Vinyl's sunglasses and Vinyl's hood was down, revealing that she wasn't wearing her sunglasses either.

"That was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life." Octavia said, trying to hold down the urge to vomit.

"Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad." Vinyl said reassuringly.

"Wasn't that bad? Vinyl, that pile of sludge had three tails, twelve legs, two faces and about thirty eyes."

"Wasn't as ugly as our freshman History professor. That dude had buck teeth like nopony's business."

Octavia giggled, "Even after seeing that, you still have your sense of humor."

Vinyl stifled a laugh, "It's a talent."

Octavia looked behind them and then side to side, "Um.. Vinyl."

"Yeah?"

"Where are we?"

Vinyl looked around in very much the same pattern that Octavia did, "Son of a bitch."

"We're lost aren't we?"

"Looks like it."

"We're lost in a sewer in Fillydelphia a thousand years in the future."

"That pretty much sums up our situation."

"How could things get any worse?"

"Never say that." With those words, hoofsteps could be heard briskly walking from the other end of the hallway.

Octavia stepped away from Vinyl, looking in the direction the steps were coming from, "Doctor?" she called, "Doctor, is that you?"

Then, a pony in a dark cloak came into vision. She stopped in front of Vinyl and Octavia and a mare's voice came from the hood, "What do you know of the Doctor?"

"It's a bit of a long story." Octavia answered.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll have all the time you need to tell it." The mare said, a smile slightly visible from under her cloak. She clapped her hoof on the ground. "Take them to the holding cells!" Two other cloaked ponies came from other rooms in the hall, both injecting Vinyl and Octavia with a hypodermic needle, knocking the two mares unconscious. The two cloaked mares put Vinyl and Octavia on their backs and began to follow the cloaked mare down a hallway.

---

The Doctor was running quickly down the hallway, Pinkie Pie running behind him and Derpy and Rainbow Dash flying above them, each one shouting the names of the missing mares. Echoes of "Vinyl" and "Octavia" could be heard for miles as they sporadically went down various hallways, trying to find a logical route to take. Each path eventually led to the whole group getting turned around or at a dead end. Until they reached a room. A very quite room. A circular room, much like all the other rooms in the sewer junction so far. In this room, many candles were lit in shrine like pyramids enclosing the contents of the room, a single unicorn colt sitting in the middle of the floor, meditating, his hood down, revealing a chaotic mess of black hair on a crimson coat. The Doctor stopped the other three ponies with his hoof, adjusted his tie, and walked up to the colt.

"So," he started, "I can only assume that you're the leader of the cult of Smooze." As the Doctor walked around the unicorn, he noticed that the colt's eyes were closed, he was breathing deeply and grinned after the Doctor finished his statement.

"I can only assume that you are the colt known only as 'Doctor'." The colt replied in an aged voice, opening his eyes, one completely white and scarred.

"Yep, that's me. The Doctor."

"And you want to know what our clergy is planning."

"Not exactly. I already figured that out. You want to destroy the world by flooding it with a creature you made in a lab down here precisely to look like your god just so when everyone was drowning in purple sludge, you could stand victorious and say 'I told you so'."

"You sound disgusted."

"Disgusted? Far from it. That plan is genius. Foolproof. Brilliant even. But you did forget about one factor that could rain on your good ol' Smoozy parade."

"And what is that, Doctor?"

The Doctor leaned into the unicorn's face and whispered, "Me.", with his mad, mad grin

The unicorn colt looked down slowly and then began to laugh deeply. The laugh grow into a mad hysterical chuckling erupting from his mouth each time the colt took a breath. He looked up to the heavens, his eye completely bloodshot and dilated.

"What's so funny?" The Doctor said, straight-faced.

The laughter died down and the colt stood up, putting his hood back on with his magic, a scratchy, unnatural sound coming from his horn, "Oh," he said in a raspy, knowing tone, "You really think that you can stop us? Just one earth pony without a plan, without any defensive or offensive. You really expect me to be frightened of you when I can bring about the end of the world. And what exactly can you do, Doctor with no name?"

"Oh, you think you're so special, planning on bringing about the end of the world. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have watched countless worlds die, including my own, so a tiny little unicorn concocting a purple slime while hiding in the sewer waiting for rats to defecate on his greasy hair doesn't shift me at all. You should really be frightened by me, because I swear, no one, not even Celestia herself is going to stop me from taking your little world destruction plan and smashing it into the ground so far that it will take a supersonic drill and a hell of a lot of financial endorsement to dig it up and even attempt to recognize what it is! Do I Make Myself Clear, Sir!?" The Doctor began to walk into the cloaked stallions face as he was speaking, spit flying furiously from his mouth.

Another grin could be seen from inside the leader's hood, then a faint red glimmer of magic that progressively grew brighter and brighter as he spoke, "Oh," the magic light grew to a ridiculously blinding light of red, so much so that the Doctor and the other three ponies had to step back and shield their eyes, "Crystal." With that, there was a flash of white light and the four ponies vanished from the room, leaving the red colt back to his grotesque laughter.

---

The four ponies appeared in a holding cell, much like the one that was holding what used to be Daisy Prancer, in a flash of white light. The Doctor, still leaning forward at a very extreme angel, fell over, hitting his head. He got up quickly and spun around to greet the other three, as well as Vinyl and Octavia sleeping on the floor.

"Well, we seem to have found what we were looking for. Partially." The Doctor said. The other three turned to Vinyl and Octavia and turned back around, except for Pinkie who began poking the two mares' faces.

"What do we do now? Or is step 3 to your plan just 'come up with step 3 to the plan'?" Derpy asked patronizingly

"Hey. My methods work. Occasionally." The Doctor said, pulling out his sonic screwdriver.

"Occasionally?" Derpy asked in a shocked tone.

"Yes. That's what I said, 'occasionally'. Did I stutter? I don't believe I did because I rarely stutter." The Doctor said, irritated. He shined his sonic screwdriver at a strange looking device mounted to the ceiling of the room outside. Sparks flew out of it and it glowed bright blue.

Derpy stepped back, "I'm sorry. You're the time-traveler. I shouldn't have questioned what you were doing."

The Doctor, seeing Derpy's stress and worry, held her face with his hoof and gave her an inviting, comforting smile, "Hey. It's alright. I'm going to get us out of here, I swear it. And when we get out, I swear, everything's going to be fantastic!"

Derpy reluctantly smiled back at the Doctor, "Okay." She wrapped her arms around the Doctor's neck and leaned into an embrace.

"Great, we're back with you idiots again." Vinyl's groggily voice could be heard saying from the floor.

"Oh, thanks for ruining the mood, Vinyl." The Doctor said, pulling back from Derpy's hug.

"It's what I do best." Vinyl chuckled, standing up

"You know, you're one of the most stubborn DJ's I've ever met." The Doctor walked over and helped Octavia up on her hooves.

"And you've met other DJ's before?" Vinyl asked.

"Not that many, but I did meet deadmau5 once. Alright bloke." The Doctor rambled.

"What?" Vinyl asked.

"Nothing." The Doctor leaned against a nearby wall and fell into a sitting position, "Okay. Now, we wait." The Doctor turned to Derpy, "And that is step 3 of my plan, Miss Hooves." Derpy giggled.

"So that's your brilliant plan, Mr. Brilliant Lord of Time? Just sit here and rot in a cell?" Octavia interrogated.

"Pretty much, yeah." The Doctor answered. Octavia groaned and sat against the wall, Vinyl and everyone else following her lead, the Doctor leaned forward and sighed, "Look. If we were just supposed to die, they would've killed us already. They obviously want us for something, so we just have to wait for them to show up and tell us what they want."

"Wow, that actually makes a lot of sense." Octavia whispered.

The Doctor leaned toward Octavia with a mad grin on his face, "I'm sorry, Miss Bass Clef, what was that?"

"I said you're right." Octavia whispered again.

"Come again." The Doctor teased.

"I said you're right." Octavia was still whispering.

"Excuse me." The Doctor's smile was so wide his face could split.

"I SAID YOU'RE RIGHT!" Octavia yelled, the shout leaving a resonance throughout the cell.

The Doctor leaned back on the wall, grinning his mad grin, "Fantastic." Derpy giggled.

"Doctor, if we die here, in a prison cell, a thousand years in the future, I swear to god, I'm going to kill you." Vinyl said.

"Yeah, good luck trying." The Doctor mumbled under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing."

---

"-me and Derpy got the sapphire stone back to the archaeologists, while simultaneously defeating that weird, blue and black, wolf, thing person." The Doctor was telling a story of one of his previous adventures.

"You mean Ahuizotl?" Rainbow Dash corrected.

"Yeah, that's the one. Anyway, we told that one mare that Derpy's name was Ditzy Do, so she used her for her book. And that's the story of how we inspired the Daring Do book series." The Doctor had a confident grin on his face.

"Ohmygosh! That is so cool!" Rainbow Dash was swooning.

"I know right?" Derpy said.

Then, three ponies walked into the room in perfect formation and march. The Doctor shot up and walked up to the door of the cell. "Oh, hello there. You must be room service. We've enjoyed the room, but your cleaning service does have to do a bit of a better job. Wait, we're not in a hotel anymore. Forgot about that. Anyway. Hello, I'm the Doctor."

"Yes, we know who you are." The three said in unison.

"Haven't heard that in a while." The Doctor said. The door opened and the Doctor stepped out, the other five following him. "Alright, in case you want to reveal your plans in a melodramatic speech, I already figured out that you plan on destroying the world with a copy of your god that you've engineered in the sewer down here. But the one thing I can't quite figure out, is why do you need me?"

"We need your mind." The center pony said, obviously the red colt from earlier.

"And my friends?" The Doctor asked, gesturing toward the other ponies.

"They are obselete." The center pony said. Red magic shined from the colt's horn and on a lever that activated the strange object mounted to the wall, causing a strange laser to fire out of it, hitting the five ponies behind the Doctor, causing them to vanish in a cloud of dust. The Doctor looked at the pile of dust, then back at the three ponies in front of him with confident grin.

"We just disintegrated your companions and yet you smile?" A mare's voice came from the pony of the left.

"What?" The Doctor asked, "Oh right. Oh no, I've lost my friends. Oh whatever shall I do? Oh no. Oh, Alright then, what are you planning to do with me?"

"Come here." The center pony said, exiting the room and the Doctor following with a skip in his step.

---

Pinkie Pie slowly awoke on a cold metal floor, her hat askew, impairing her vision. He head was throbbing with pain. She took her hat off and held her hoof to the top of her head. Looking around, she saw the bottom of a strange object, rails surrounding her, and strange pillars going up the the ceiling. She stood up, cracked her back and investigated her surroundings more. Laying next to her was Rainbow Dash, knocked unconscious, and scattered around her was everypony else. Vinyl, Octavia, and Derpy were in much the same state Rainbow was. Looking around, she realized exactly where she was. Pinkie's face lit up like Christmas.

"Wooooo-hooooo!" She screamed as she bounced up and down with excitement, waking up the mares around her.

Derpy groggily got up and asked, "Where are we?"

"We're Inside The TARDIS!" Pinkie Pie yelled, tapping her hooves on the ground.

---

'

The Doctor hung from shackles and chains on a slab in the center of a circular room. His head hung low and he was stripped of his purple suit, leaving his coat blank. Around him were four ponies in cloaks, and the red unicorn colt with long, black hair.

"You know, I could've just told you what you wanted to know, chaining me to a metal slab wasn't really necessary." The Doctor said.

"We don't know how you will respond. We must take every precaution." The red unicorn explained.

"Well, where's the fun in that?"

"You expect fun?"

"Of course. Why would you follow a religion if it wasn't at least a little fun?"

"We follow this 'religion' because it is fact."

"Oh, here we go again. If I had a nickle for every time I've heard crap like that... Well, I'd have a lot of nickles."

"You are chained to a metal slab, your friends are dead, and we are about to bring the end of the world and yet you make jokes."

"It's what I'm good at. Laughing in the face of death. Then again, I have had a lot of practice."

"What do you mean?"

"I've seen things that would turn that red coat of yours eggshell white."

"I doubt it. Somepony with your attitude couldn't possibly have experienced much trauma in his life."

"Oh, you have no idea. I've seen entire races die and galaxies burn into nothing but ash. I have saved this world countless times and you sit here, and complain because you think your life is so damn tough. Well, let me tell you something. You have no idea what real loss and sadness is. When you've lost your family, your friends, all of the ones you care about, then you can come complaining to me about trauma. But not before."

The red colt began to laugh again. The horrible, horrible laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing Doctor. You just amuse me."

"That's me. The amusing Doctor."

"Do you really know why I'm doing this?"

"To tell everyone that you're right?"

"No."

"To be the one to bring the end of the world?"

"No."

"Then what is it. I'm not going anywhere."

"I do this simply because there is so much pain, so much suffering going on that just goes unnoticed. Homeless ponies who have to sleep under cardboard. Mares completely heartbroken by their colts and have nowhere to turn, or vice versa. Poor families, whose fathers have to go into factories every day, not knowing if they'll come back, desperately scraping up bits to buy their next meal. Can't you see, Doctor? I am not a monster, I am a savior. I am doing these ponies a huge, huge favor."

"By killing them?"

"Yes."

"Really? You expect me to believe any of that?"

"Do you have any reason not to?"

"Oh, yes I do. You see, I've met men like you before."

"Men?"

"Sorry, colts. Still getting used to this. Anyway, I've met colts like you before. Who justified their killings in the same exact way. And they always fell in the end. Because they weren't actually trying to save people, or ponies rather." The Doctor leaned forward to stare straight into the red unicorn's eyes, "They just wanted to watch the world burn. And they all fell in the end. And do you know why they fell?"

"Do tell."

"Because I was there to stop them. Now you better choose your next few actions very, very carefully. Because I'm not angry right now. You don't want to see me when I get angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

"What are you supposed to do? You're strapped to a piece of metal. You don't even have a name"

"Well, I suppose you're ri-" just then, a familiar humming noise came and a light shined at the top of the room. Which each hum, an object became more and more visible. A blue, wooden box ,which completely covered the Doctor and his clothes sitting next to him. After about 6 hums. The blue box was completely solid and sit still and silent in the middle of the room.

"What?" were the only words out of the red unicorn's mouth when the Doctor stepped out of the box, fully clothed.

"Hello." The Doctor said with a smile on his face. "I'm the Doctor." He gestured back to the box as Pinkie Pie, Derpy, Rainbow Dash, Vinyl and Octavia stepped out, "and these are my friends. So..." He walked up to the now shivering red colt, leaned in, and whispered, "Run."

The red unicorn bolted out of the room screaming. The Doctor grinned, "Come on, kids. We've got running to do." He then chased after the cloaked colt, the other ponies following him. After the Doctor caught up to the colt, he tackled him to the ground, holding him in place.

The red colt was dumbfounded, "W-What.. Who are you?"

The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver, grinning, "I'm the kind of guy who looks at a screwdriver and says, 'You know, this could be a little more sonic.'"

"But how? How did they survive." He gestured at the five ponies behind the Doctor, "You're supposed to be dead!"

"No, they're not. Because I'm the Doctor and when the Doctor's around, he's very careful to make sure that nobody dies. As for how they actually survived. You see, I saw that scary looking disintegration ray and changed it into a transmat beam set to channel Q/Apple/46, which I had set my TARDIS's transmat to earlier. As for how it actually got here, I have no idea."

Pinkie Pie then bounced out from behind the Doctor, "It's because I figured out how to drive it from watching you, Doctor!"

"But we only went on two trips." The Doctor pointed out.

"I know. I'm a very fast learner." Pinkie Pie explained.

The Doctor grinned, "Clever girl."

"So, you had no plan?" the red unicorn asked.

"Nope. Well, my plan was just to come up with a plan. So I did. Also, I got the frequency to the radio you're controlling you're Smooze with while we were having our little chat, so." The Doctor held up his sonic screwdriver and it began to flash like a police siren for a few seconds until he put it back in his pocket, "You can just forget about that."

"B-b-but. How?!" The colt demanded, "HOW?!"

"Because I'm brilliant, that's how." The Doctor stood up and threw the unicorn to the rest of the group, "Vinyl, Rainbow, Octavia. Put this idiot in the TARDIS."

"What about you?" Octavia asked, as she restrained the red colt.

"I have a promise to keep!" The Doctor yelled as he sprinted down the hallway, Derpy and Pinkie following him. They stopped at a familiar looking entrance. He darted into the room, pulling out his sonic screwdriver. He opened the cell door and leaned down to greet the disgusting pile of mush in the middle of the cell. "Daisy! Daisy, are you still in there?"

"Yes, Doctor. I am still here. It is so cold. So alone." Daisy's face came from the sludge.

"Are you the only one left?" The Doctor asked, inspecting the ooze and going over it with his sonic screwdriver.

"Yes. Everypony else died. The last one went a short while ago and I fear I am next."

"Oh no, you don't. I have done too much today to break a promise, especially when that promise was keeping somebody alive. It looks like all the parts that you need are still here. Daisy, this might sting a bit."

Groans and gurgles could be heard coming from the ooze, then Daisy's voice, "Doctor, what are you doing? That hurts."

"Okay, it's going to sting a lot. I'm rewriting the biology and body parts of all the ponies that died here, since they don't really seem to need it, and giving it your genetic coding. If I guessed right, then." POP! The whole pile of ooze exploded, sending multicolored sludge flying everywhere, some landing on the Doctor's face and suit. But there, where the ooze once was, there laid a sleeping mare. Her light blue hair was flowing and magnificent, if not a little bit faded, and her coat was a bright shade of orange which also seemed faded. Her cutie mark was that of a flower and her chest moved up and down very slowly and calmly as she breathed. The Doctor walked over an poked her which his hoof, "Daisy?"

The orange mare's eyes fluttered open, revealing two brilliant, green orbs. "Doctor?" she put her hoof gently on the Doctor's shoulder.

The Doctor grinned his mad grin as few tears fell from his eyes, "Fantastic! Just fantastic!"

---

The Fillydelphia Police came around and took the purple ooze left in the alleyway, which had grown to an alarming size, into quarantine in Canterlot. They also arrested four of the ponies that were the last of the Cult of Smooze. As for the red unicorn colt, who seemed to be the leader of the operation, the Doctor used the TARDIS to take him to a place where he wouldn't have to see what allegedly led him to this. Legend has it. That if you stand on just the right spot, on the middle of a cold, still, quiet night, when the full moon is out, you can still here his voice yelling, "Doctor! Doctor!" The Doctor took Daisy Prancer to the apartment of her coltfriend, where he proposed on the spot. And the Doctor and his group were left in the TARDIS, drifting through the time vortex.

"I still can't quite figure out how you piloted this thing. I've been doing it for over nine centuries and I still can't figure out where the coordinate regulator is half the time. Then again, this thing hasn't been accurate since I tried to go to the moon and ended up on the Ark. But still, how?" The Doctor was asking.

"It's just one of those things, I guess." Pinkie Pie answered with a smirk on her face.

"But.." The Doctor started, but was interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"It's just a Pinkie Pie thing. After a while, you get used to it." Rainbow Dash put her arm around Pinkie Pie, who snuggled in her cyan coat.

"But.."

"Doctor!" Rainbow said, "Let it go."

The Doctor shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Fine. Where do you guys want to go next?"

"Are those rooms you told us about ready yet?" Vinyl asked.

"Oh, yes. Right down that hall, first left, then third right, then seventh right, they're right in that hallway with your names on it." The Doctor said with a grin on his face.

Vinyl and Octavia were the first ones to go running down the hall, then Pinkie and Dash, and finally Derpy and The Doctor. They followed the Doctor's instructions, first left, third right, seventh right. There were three doors, all with signs, one that said "Vinyl and Octavia", one that said, "Pinkie and Rainbow", and the last that said, "Derpy". Vinyl ran into her's and Octavia's room and there was a plain, box room with blue walls and white border, a king sized bed with a nightstand on either side, a closet with double doors, and on one side, a desk with a turntable, a microphone, and a laptop on it, and on the other side a stool with a cello sitting next to it.

Next was Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, who got much the same treatment. If you looked closely at the borders you could see little pieces of candy and ice cream. The borders themselves were made of furnished wood contrasting with the tan walls. In the middle was a queen sized bed made with a fluffy bedspread and pillows that looked like they were made of clouds (mostly because they were). The ceiling was painted to resemble clouds with little shines of blue light coming down from it.

In Derpy's room, there lay a single, twin sized bed with a plain wooden night stand. The room itself was quite lovely. The walls were painted elegantly and muffins were laid out on trays on tables here and there. There was even Derpy's old television set, the one she got on her sixteenth birthday. Back then, it was a rather large TV. The same is true now, but that more meant it was bulky than anything else. Derpy's favorite cartoon was playing on her special TV, with freshly baked muffins laying around everywhere, filling the air with a heavenly aroma and her bed was perfectly fitted to her shape, but Derpy couldn't help but feel like something was missing. Then she looked over and saw a muffin with a note on it. She walked over to read the note. All it said was, "You're brilliant" in a very nice signature style writing. She took off the note to reveal a muffin with little ball bearings on it. Derpy grinned, ate the muffin in one bite, and walked out of the room.

"I hope you enjoy them." The Doctor was saying from the hallway.

"Oh, Doctor. I love it. It's exactly like our old room back home." Octavia said, leaning on the doorway.

"And ours is like a combination of mine and Dashie's room!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, "How did you do all this?"

"Oh, you know, it's just one of those Doctor things." The Doctor winked and started down the hallway. Derpy trotted up to him, following right beside him as he made his way back to the control room. "Shouldn't you be getting to bed, Derpy? Aren't you tired?" the Doctor pointed out.

"No, not really." Derpy said, yawning.

"Oh, alright then."

"Why didn't you make a room for yourself?"

"I don't sleep that much."

"How not that much? When's the last time you slept?"

"Well, let's see here," the Doctor scratched his chin in concentration, "Well, I guess the last time I actually slept would've been the night I bumped into you."

"Bumped into me? More like crashed in my garden. But still, Doctor, that was over a month ago. Don't you need rest?"

"No, of course not. I'm the colt who never," the Doctor yawned, "I'm the col-" He then fell to the floor, Derpy making a quick dive to catch him.

"You silly, silly stallion." She then put the Doctor on her back, carried him to her room, put him in her bed, and got in with him, wrapping her arms around the Timelord's neck.

The End

The Doctor will return in
Shadow of the Mare

Author's Note:

Wow, my fingers are hurting. Oh, people are reading this. Hello, everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the story. There's plenty more where that came from. A lot of stuff happened. True love was discovered, friendships were made, horrors faced. No. Wait. Oh yeah. The Doctor pulled a total Celestia on that red unicorn guy. A bit of a dick move if you ask me, but hey, that's his business. That thick Doctor still doesn't see how Derpy feels for him. And don't feel sad for her now, cause it's only gonna get much, much worse. Anyway, thank you for reading the stories and supporting me during my crazy escapades in the world of Doctor Whooves. Also, I can't decide on a catch word to give the doctor, I've used Allons-Y, Geronimo, and Fantastic and none of them seem to fit. Maybe you guys can help. Tell me what you think this Doctor's catch phrase/catch word should be. I would love to hear about it. Anyway. See you all next time when the Doctor an his entourage come across a strange mare in a purple hat and cape. #spoilersmuch

Comments ( 4 )

his catch phase could be new maybe amazing or idk :P hmmm Im a silly shipper no matter how i read these as a doctor derpy i cant help but think of pinkie doctor :P instead rainbow pie never worked for me :P

2168977

Hahaha :yay: Believe me, that did come to mind once or twice. But right now, I'm just using Pinkie as a parallel for the Doctor since the characters are so similar. Although, I do have big things planned for Pinkie and the Doctor later in the series.

NO!!! GENERATION ONE! :fluttershbad:

Login or register to comment