• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 96 Comments

The Human Hero of Ponyville - Alex Rite



Alex Cooper was once a pretty average human teenager at the age of sixteen. He lived as an orphan for most of his life with only his older brother and twin sister to keep him company. After his sister mysteriously disappears, he goes into a depresion

  • ...
57
 96
 2,783

Chapter 8

Chapter 8 BFF: Best Fiendish Friend


"... and then I said, 'oatmeal? Are you crazy?'" Alex told Rainbowdash, who burst into laughter. They were hanging out at the field Rainbow likes to practice at. Alex had just helped Rainbowdash to do some sweet new moves, and now that practice was over they were just hanging out in the field.

"That was hilarious! Its gotta be the best thing I've ever heard!" exclaimed Rainbowdash.

"I know! I told Twilight the same joke, but she didn't get it," said Alex. "That, Rainbow, is why you're, like, my best friend. You totally get me!"

"I'm you're best friend?" asked Rainbowdash.

"Yeah. The rest of the girls are great, but they're all so different than me. Twilight is into lectures about science and stuff, Applejack is all about working from morning to night, Rarity is a great designer but she can't stand the smallest mess, Fluttershy is a great animal person who has trouble with people, and Pinkie is too... well...Pinkie." Alex said. "But you, on the other hand, love to live wild and go crazy, enjoying what life gives you, just like me."

"Well... thanks Alex," said Rainbow. "I guess you're sorta my best friend, too.

Alex was about to say more, but a familiar pink blur landed on his back.

"Is this gonna be a regular thing with you, Pinkie?" Alex angrily asked the pink mare on top of him.

"Sorry Alex," said Pinkie as she got off of him. "But it's not my fault this time. Gilda threw me over here."

"Gilda is back!?" asked Alex and Rainbowdash in unison.

"Yeah, I just saw her! I was all like 'what are you doing here?' and she was like 'I could care less.' and then she threw me over here." exclaimed Pinkie.

"Well we better go find her!" said R.D.

"Agreed," said Alex. "Who knows what trouble she'll cause next."


The soon found Gilda standing under a tree by a lake, causing absolutely no trouble. Alex, Rainbow, and Pinkie hid behind a bush for a second to see what was going on.

"Come on, Alex," whispered Rainbowdash, "She's just standing there. Why don't you just go Kung-Fu on her like you did last time?"

"Because even an idiot like Gilda can learn from their mistakes," said Alex. "We'll need a new plan this time."

"Oh oh oh oh oh!" said Pinkie, waving her hoof in the air like a student trying to get the attention of their teacher.

"Yes... Pinkie," Alex said, deciding to play along.

Pinkie calmed down and said, "Why don't we all just ran at her. She can't take us all on right?"

"That... is actually a good idea," said Alex, a surprised look on his face. "Let's try that."

The three got into position for the plan. Alex gave the signal and they all ran towards Gilda. As soon as they got close to her, though, three nets fell on top of them, leaving them completely trapped.

"Well this isn't good," said Alex.

"You bet it isn't," said Gilda as she walked in front of him. Two black male Griffins landed on either side of her with smug grins on their faces. "Allow me to introduce my friends, Dan and Stan."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you. I'd shake hands, but I'm a little tied up at the moment," said Alex sarcastically. Come on, there's gotta be a way out of this, Alex thought. What would Batman do?

"Oh we'll make sure you can go, after I get back at you for beating me that one time," said Gilda.

"I hope she doesn't plan on throwing Alex in the lake," said Rainbow. "After all, he is afraid of water."

What is she talking about? Alex thought. Oh, I get it!

"Rainbow! You just told them my worst fear out loud!" screamed Alex.

"Oops," was all R.D. said.

"A fear of water, eh?" said Gilda. "Boys, put Cooper over the lake. Oh, and thanks for ratting out your boyfriend Rainbow Crash."

"Boyfriend!?" said Alex and Rainbow in unison.

Before Alex and Rainbow could argue more about that topic, Gilda's 'Hench Griffins' picked up the net Alex was in and threw it into the net. For a few seconds, the only that happened was Gilda laughing like crazy. Then, a few feet away, Alex quickly jumping out of the lake and hiding behind a bush.

"Well, my hat may be wet, but at least I'm okay," said Alex as he rung out his hat. He began sneaking over to R.D. and Pinkie, keeping out of the griffins sight. Alex got to Rainbow and started to take off the net.

"You see, this is what I was talking about before. You and I are both tricky and clever," said Alex, "plus, I can easily tell what you're thinking."

"Guess we really are best friends," said Rainbow as Alex freed Pinkie Pie. Alex silently motioned for her to be quiet and follow him. The three of them snuck up behind Dan and Stan. Alex showed Rainbow where to punch to knock them out and then he and Rainbow punched them out cold. Hearing the commotion, Gilda stopped laughing and looked over right before Pinkie jumped on top of her, pinning her down. Pinkie quickly punched her between the shoulder blades and Gilda fell into unconsciousness.

"Well, what do we do now?" Pinkie asked Alex.

Alex smiled. "Hmm. Every artist should sign their work," he said. "Anybody got a brush and some paint."

Pinkie pulled out the requested items from nowhere, and Rainbowdash took them.

"I know just what to right," she said.

After she was done and showed it to Alex and Pinkie, they all smiled. Written on Gilda's wing were 'Beaten by Best Friends Alex Cooper and Rainbowdash.'