• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 96 Comments

The Human Hero of Ponyville - Alex Rite



Alex Cooper was once a pretty average human teenager at the age of sixteen. He lived as an orphan for most of his life with only his older brother and twin sister to keep him company. After his sister mysteriously disappears, he goes into a depresion

  • ...
57
 96
 2,783

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Lets Meet Our Hero

Our story begins in a big city where very little interesting stuff ever happens (until now, anyway). This is the story of a human boy by the name of Alex Cooper. He was a pretty normal boy, at the age of 16, who, unfortunately, was an orphan, same as his older brother and twin sister. Thinking about his sister these days always mad him sad, for his little sister (he had convinced everyone that he was the first born twin) had disappeared about a few years ago. The only friends he had ever had were his brother and sister, and so by loosing one he had become more lonely. Honestly, though, he thought, what else should I expect. I'm an orphan. My whole life is centered around loneliness. Alex had thoughts like this all the time, for he didn't like the life he had. Who would? No, what Alex wanted was to live the life of a hero, full of danger and adventure. He constantly practiced fighting, and was very good. he was also very athletic and agile, so much that his gym teacher had asked him to join the gymnastics team, much to his embarrassment. But you can't really expect that from the life of an orphan, can you? So he just went back to the orphanage and decided he was too tired to do anything else. He went upstairs to his room and didn't even bother changing, he just lay down in bed in the same green shirt and tan shorts he had on. he didn't even bother to take off his shoes, red backpack, which contained his favorite book about everything you could learn about every magical creature ever, a favorite topic of his, and his favorite blue hat which was the last thing he ever got from his sister. Huh, I wish I could just go somewhere where I can be a hero instead of an orphan, he thought as he fell asleep. Just then a shooting star flew by his window, but there was something strange about it. It was green, had two tails, and suddenly disappeared in the middle of the sky.


Alex woke up later and noticed that something wasn't right. Instead of his warm, admittedly lumpy bed he was laying in the middle of a clearing in a thick woods. Those jerks back at the orphanage must have brought me out here as a joke, he thought. Oh well, better start walking now, and go joker on them later. So he started walking down what he believed was a path when he heard something strange.

"Help! Somepony help me," a girl screamed only ten feet away. Oh, wait now I get it, Alex thought, running tword the sound. This is one of those dreams. The ones where you get to be a hero to someone. I think I'm gonna enjoy this. Wait did she say some-PONY? Alex didn't have time to ponder this question, though, because he soon came across the problem. There was a pack of wolves attacking something, he could only assume it was the girl, which they had cornered. There was something strange about these wolves though. The were brown and instead of fur they seemed to be made out of a bunch of sticks. Timber Wolves, Alex thought, now I know I'm dreaming. Better get something to use to beat em back. Seeing a nearby tree limb on the ground, Alex picked it up and ran towards the Timber Wolves.

"Hey wood for brains," he called, "how about taking a crack at someone more your level!"

Hearing this the pack turned, visibly angry. they started running and trying to pounce on Alex, but he was fast enough to hold them off for a little while with his branch. Soon though one of them got in a lucky shot and clawed his arm. "Ouch," he yelped, although the scratch wasn't too bad. Alex hadn't been expecting it to hurt. Wait, that means this isn't a dream, he thought, I'm really fighting Timber wolves! Man, what I wouldn't give for a firecracker right now! As this thought he began fighting harder even though they were coming in at all sides. Eventually the pack understood that even though they could get a few good scrapes in, they couldn't defeat the creature before them. So they gave up and ran away, whining like they were on fire.

"That's right, you better run," Alex exclaimed waving the branch, seeing victory!

It was then that the person he saved began to speak.

"Um, thanks for saving me," she said, "I was about to get rid of them myself, but still, thanks. If I may ask, what is your name?"

Alex still had his back turned from the other person, making sure the Timber Wolves were gone, when he answered,

"My name is Alex Cooper. Yours?"

"Twilight Sparkle," she answered, "another question though, what are you? I've never seen a creature like you!"

"What do you mean you've never-," Alex began to say as he turned around. It was then that he saw the person he saved and two things happened after. The first was that he saw that she was a lavender unicorn standing in front of him.

The second was that he passed out.