• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 96 Comments

The Human Hero of Ponyville - Alex Rite



Alex Cooper was once a pretty average human teenager at the age of sixteen. He lived as an orphan for most of his life with only his older brother and twin sister to keep him company. After his sister mysteriously disappears, he goes into a depresion

  • ...
57
 96
 2,783

Chapter 3

Chapter 3: a Lesson of Harmony and Friendship


Alex woke up on the floor in the middle of the main room of the library. Wondering what had happened, he soon remembered the epic party from last night, and quickly deduced that he must have passed out some time in the middle of the night. I'm starting to think that blacking out is gonna be a regular thing while I'm here, he thought. Alex looked around to see that the library was clean, despite the mess that was made last night. Spike must have cleaned everything up, the poor kid's probably worn out. This thought was soon confirmed when he found Spike out cold a few feet away, a broom clutched in his hand, mumbling something about 'fair Rarity' and 'ninja griffins'. Alex laughed at the sight and decided to go to the kitchen and make the three of them breakfast. A few minutes later he had a bunch of salads prepared, and was putting the finishing touches on them when Spike and Twilight walked in. Seeing that breakfast was put out they both smiled and all three sat down to eat. As soon as Twilight and Spike took the first bite out of their food they had a sudden look of surprise and enjoyment.

"Alex did you make this?" Twilight asked. When he nodded she said,"It's great! I never would have thought that you could make something so good!"

"Eh, I get it from my dad," Alex said. "From what my brother, Sam, said, our dad was a local chef who had a natural talent for making things taste great. I'm also a pretty good artist, which Sam says I get from my mother."

"Still, point is this stuff is great," said Spike.

Alex was noticeably happy with what his friends had said. Soon after breakfast, Twilight decided to ask Alex some more about his brother. Alex said that Sam was three years older than him, and that he was a pretty cool guy. He was smart, funny, and always knew how to use his charm and cleverness to get out of a sticky situation. Twilight seemed fascinated with what Alex had told her, and when he asked if she had any siblings, she immediately began going on about her big brother, Shining Armour.

"He was the nicest pony I knew," Twilight said. "I always called him my BBBFF, my big brother best friend forever. He had a wedding not to long ago to princess Cadence, the niece of princess Celestia, not to mention my old foal sitter. Unfortunately, the wedding was crashed by an army of changelings led by their queen Chrysalis, and me and the girls had to fight them off."

After getting an explanation of what changelings were, Alex said, "and you guys fought off an army of them?"

"Well it's pretty much a normal thing in the life of a bearer of an Element of Harmony. You see, me and the others each represent one of the elements, mine is magic, Fluttershy is kindness, A.J. has honesty, Pinkie's is laughter, no surprise there, Rainbow has loyalty, and Rarity is the element of generosity. In all honesty, it wasn't nearly as bad as when we had to fight Discord, Nightmare Moon, or King Sombra."

Twilight then told Alex the stories of these two villains. How Nightmare Moon wanted to create eternal night but was stopped by the mane six and turned into princess Luna. How Discord, the spirit of disharmony, had caused crazy things that he found funny to happen to the world, and almost broke apart the mane six. Sounds like Joker with mad powers, Alex thought, definitely not a good thing. She also told him about how King Sombra had tried to return to the Crystal Empire, only to be defeated by her and the others.

"And that's pretty much how we did it," said Twilight, finishing her tales.

"Wow, that is impressive," Alex said, having a newfound respect for his pony pals.

"I don't know about impressive, but it was very difficult."

Twilight took a glance out the window and noticed that it was about noon now. "Wow, I guess I really can talk alot," she said. Alex also noticed how long it had taken Twilight to recount her adventures, and seeing how it was nice out, he decided to take a walk around town. He had asked if Twilight or Spike wanted to come, but both said they had work to do in the library. Grabbing his blue cap and saying goodbye, Alex left the library. He walked around town, happily noticing all the friendly ponies who waved at him. He had walked up to the clearing where he had first met Rainbowdash, and saw her practicing in the air. Suddenly there was a huge BOOM from the sky as rainbowdas flew incredibly fast. Rainbow colored ring spread out from where she was and a rainbow was following right behind her. Alex couldn't help but marvel at the incredible sight before him. Rainbowdash then noticed him and landed in front of him.

"Impressive, isn't it," she said.

"Totaly impressive," Alex said, "what the heck was that?"

"A sonic rainboom," R.D. replied, "and I'm, like, the only pegasus who can do it, pretty good right?"

"Very nice, but I think I know a way to make it even cooler."

"And hows that," Rainbow asked, interested.

Alex walked closer to Rainbowdash and whispered his idea into her ear. As he was explaining it, a wide grin slowly began to appear on her face. As soon as he was done explaining, Rainbowdash got into position and made another sonic rainboom. Once she had done it and had the rainbow following behind her, Rainbowdash began to do a series of flips, twists, and turns through the air. About ten seconds later she landed in front of Alex, a twisted rainbow behind her spelling out Rainbowdash right behind her. She turned around to admire her work and said to Alex," you were right, man. That really does make my sonic rainboom even cooler."

"I know, right," Alex said, "and I'm sure that i could probably think of even more increddible things like that."

"Well any time you do, you tell me, deal?"

"Deal"