• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 96 Comments

The Human Hero of Ponyville - Alex Rite



Alex Cooper was once a pretty average human teenager at the age of sixteen. He lived as an orphan for most of his life with only his older brother and twin sister to keep him company. After his sister mysteriously disappears, he goes into a depresion

  • ...
57
 96
 2,783

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Meet the Ponies



Alex woke up in a strange place. He was in a room that was made entirely out of wood, and on a bed of the same material. Realizing he was in a new place he did the first thing that came to mind. He checked his head to make sure his hat was on, which it was. Thank goodness, he thought, I would hate to loose this thing. Just then someone came in through a door to his left. Taking a look he saw it was the lavender unicorn with a purple lizard right next to her. Now that he was prepared for her, he got a better look at her, noticing she had a dark purple mane with a light purple stripe in it, and her tail was the same. He also noticed that she had a strange marking on her flank. Then he took a look at the lizard, who he saw had green spines and a similarly colored under belly. A dragon, this is so cool, Alex thought. Just then, the unicorn noticed his alertness.

"Ah, you're awake. Thank goodness," she said. "Sorry for the unexpected change in location, but when you passed out I was afraid that you might have been hurt. Thankfully your injuries were minor, and I was able to treat them back here with my assistant, Spike." She gestured toward the baby dragon who mumbled, "Sup" and then walked closer to the side of the bed.

"I told you this earlier, but just in case you missed it, I'm Twilight Sparkle," she went on. "I believe you said your name was Alex right?"

Alex, trying hard, but failing, to act calm said, "yeah, that's me. Glad to see that your okay, too. From what I"ve read about Timber Wolves, they're a real nasty piece of work. Lucky for the both of us there weren't that many." Then, getting a little off topic he said, "Hey, your assistant, Spike right, isn't he a, uh, dragon?"

"Why, yes, Spike is a dragon, although he's just a baby," Twilight replied.

"Hey," Spike said.

"Wow a real living dragon," Alex said, "Back where i come from, although supposedly fictional, dragons are supposed to be one of the most incredible and intelligent creatures, like, ever."

At the sound of this, Spike smiled and said, "You hear that, Twilight? One of the most incredible creatures ever. I think I'm gonna like this guy."

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, how about you go finish cleaning the library Mr. 'incredible creature,'" Twilight replied.

Spike groaned but went off to do his chores anyway. As he left, Twilight started to giggle a little bit and Alex couldn't help but join in. After Spike left Twilight started asking Alex some questions about who and what he was, and Alex happily answered them all While also asking some questions about where he was, which was Equestria, and its inhabitants. Afterwords Twilight said, "Well I've got to go. I've got to check up with my friends and see if they need some help with anything. Oh, hey, you want to come with me?"

Alex, unable to refuse an offer to go outside and see a world full of magic, immediately said yes. They soon left the library, which Alex was surprised to find was a big tree, with spike following behind. They soon came to a huge apple orchard, which Twilight said was called Sweet Apple Acres, where her friend Applejack lived. When they got there they saw an orange pony with a blonde mane and a cowboy hat frantically running around looking for something. Alex noticed that she, too, had a marking on her flank like Twilight, which she had explained to him were called cutie marks, except this ones were three red apples.

Twilight said, "Whoa, Applejack. Whats going on?"

Applejack, noticing the three, ran up and said, "Twilight it's terrible. I put my list of apple trees that i had to buck today somewhere and I can't find it. Without the darn'd thang I cant remember where I'm supposed to go."

Twilight said that she, Spike, and Alex would be happy to help her, while introducing Alex at the same time, and asked where she last had it.

"I don't know. The only thing I can remember is that I put it somewhere that I thought I would remember, and now I can't," Applejack replied.

Hearing this Alex said, "Well in that case, I think I know where it is. Did you check to see if you put it in your hat?"

Both of the ponies looked at him like he was crazy, then looked at each other. Applejack shrugged as though to say, "might as well try" and then took off her hat. she let out a gasp and pulled out a piece of paper which was probably the missing list, put her hat back on, and asked Alex how he knew it was there.

"Well you see," Alex replied, "I find that when most people loose something important that they say they put in a place where they wouldn't loose it, they usually have said object on them."

"Well, however you knew, you knew, pard, you sure saved me a lot of grief. If you ever need any apples, you can always ask me," Applejack said and thanked him as she went off to do her job.

As Alex, Twilight, and Spike walked off to the next place, Twilight said she was vary impressed with his observation. Alex just replied by saying that growing up the way he did, you manage to learn a lot about what goes on in other peoples heads. The next place they stopped by was a small cottage where Twilight said her friend Fluttershy lived. The pink maned pegasus was outside at that moment watering some plants. When she saw the trio coming her way, she looked away but waved shyly.

"Hey Fluttershy, good to see you," Twilight said and she then pointed at Alex. "This is Alex, he's the guy you helped me carry out of the Everfree Forest."

Fluttershy whispered something that sounded like hello while trying to hide behind her mane. Alex saw that she had a cutie mark of three pink butterflies. Alex could tell that the name Fluttershy was well earned with this pony. he saw her flowers and suddenly came up with an idea.

Alex said, "These flowers are very nice. You take care of them yourself Fluttershy?"

At hearing this Fluttershy smiled a bit and said yes. Her voice was still very quiet but it was esier to understand what she was saying as she began to talk more about flowers. "You really have to be sure to give them plenty of sunshine and water, but never too much," she said. Twilight and Spike were watching this with their mouths open in shock, apparently surprised that he had been able to get Fluttershy to talk to him. After Fluttershy was done talking about flowers she started to talk about the animals she took care of but Alex and the others left soon. As they were leaving, Fluttershy started to wave goodbye. When they had walked a few feet away Twilight said, "Wow Alex, I'm impressed. I've never seen Fluttershy like that around someone she met for the first time. Well, except for Spike, but that was because he's a dragon."

"It's like I said before Twilight," Alex said, "I know how to make people open up. I'm aso pretty good at getting under their skin."

Just then a pink blur came out of nowhere and landed on top of Alex. It was a pink pony with a poofy mane that was a darker pink than her fur. She had a cutie mark of three balloons, two were yellow and one was blue. Alex could see it pretty well considering the fact that she was sitting on his back. The pink pony was facing towards a surprised Twilight and Spike and quickly said, "Hey Twilight. Hey, Spike. Words been going around Ponyville that you have anew friend, and I thought, "Hey I better meet this guy because if he's a friend of yours then he's a friend of mine," and you guys know how much I love making new friends. So I've been looking around for you guys so I could introduce myself and meet your friend. so I've been going all over the place looking for you guys and here you are, so wheres your new friend?"

Wow I'm impressed, Alex thought, she didn't even stop to breathe. Alex then said, "You happen to be sitting on me, and for the record 'Pinkie' I don't really like being used as a chair."

The pink pony noticed him then and apologized, but before getting up she said, "Hey, how'd you know my name? Do you have, like, some kind of freaky mind reading powers?"

Alex simply replied, "You're name is really Pinkie? I only called you that 'cause you're, you know, pink. By the way, I'm Alex."

Pinkie decided that that made sense and got off him. She then said, "Well, Alex, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I hope you like parties because I'm gonna be throwing you one at Twilight's. It's gonna be great. There'll be punch and cake and candy and games and music and candy. Wait, I said candy twice. Well there is gonna be a lot of candy. Anyways gotta go." Pinkie then ran off to who-knows-where for who-knows-why.

Alex got up and said, "Nice pony, but is she always that-" Nutty, crazy, a perfect match for Joker, Alex thought.

"Hyper," Spike tried. Alex nodded deciding that it was the least ifennsive way to describe Pinkie.

"Afraid so," Twilight said. They then came to a very fancy looking house where Twilight said her unicorn friend Rarity lived.

"Hmm. I'm guessing that Spike really 'likes' Rarity, right," Alex said.

"Actualy, yes, but how did you know that," Twilight said. Alex simply explaind by pointing to his left where spike was a few feet away, aparently checking his reflection in a birdbath. Seeing this, Twilight and Alex started laughing, which Spike noticed. He quicly ran over, blushing slightly. They then entered the building where They found a white unicorn with a purple mane working on something with her back turned to them. She had a cutie mark shaped like three blue dimonds. When Twlight got her atention she turned around and gasped, look ing straight at Alex. Fearing that he may have scared her he flinched, but she just walked over and started examining his clothes.

"Oh my, what an incredible sense clothing design," she said. She then looked Alex straight in the face and said, "The colours are simply smashing,too. I am Rarity, and if I may ask, who are you dear?"

Alex introduced himself and Rarity turned to Twilight and said, "Well, darling, your new friend certainly has a good sense of style. If you don't mind may I-" Rarity's words were cut off by a crash from upstairs. "Oh no," Rarity said, "Looks like Sweetie Belle and her friends have broken something again. Looks like we'll have to save this conversation for later."

Rarity said goodbye and went upstairs as the trio left. "Well that was... interesting," Alex said.

"I know, it always is when it comes to Rarity," Spike said, hearts in his eyes.

they soon came to there final stop, a large clearing where Twilight sid her friend Rainbowdash liked to practice. As soon as they got there they saw a Griffin following a cyan pegasus who was yelling at it. the pegasus had a rainbow colored mane and a cutie mark of a cloud with a red, yellow, and blue lightning bolt coming out of it. That has got to be Rainbowdash, no question about it, Alex thought.

"Come on Dash, I just wanna mess with you," said the griffin, chasing Rainbowdash.

"Yeah, well I've had enough of you for the rest of my life Gilda," R.D. Said. "Your really anoying me now."

"I agree. I mean, who wouldn't be annoyed if a giant talking chicken was following you around," Alex said, loud enough for everyone to hear. Gilda stopped following Rainbowdash and turned towards Alex, obviously shocked and angry. Rainbowdash stopped to, and started laughing at what Alex had said, only increasing Gilda's anger.

"Alex," Twilight said, "I know your trying to help Rainbowdash, but Gilda's not the kind of person you want angry at you."

"Don't worry about it, I have a plan," Alex said, "But you and Spike might want to step back a bit."

Still not happy about it, but understanding what he meant, Twilight and Spike took a couple steps back, and ended up standing next to Rainbowdash, who was still laughing. As they did this Gilda walked up to Alex and said, "What did you just call me?"

"A chicken," Alex said, "You know. Small flightless bird. Frighted by pretty much everything. Very smart, which is apparently something that can't be said about you."

Hearing this Rainbowdash started laughing harder and Spike joined in. Even Twilight giggled at it. Seing this, Gilda got so mad that her face was red.

"Oh, you are gonna regret those words, I'll be sure of that," she said.

She lunged at Alex who quickly got out of her way. "Strike one," Alex said.

Gilda had a look of confusion on her face. She obviosly wasn't expecting him to be fast enough to dodge her. She began to get even more mad as she lunged at him again. Alex dodged this one as esily as the first. "Strike two," he said.

"Hold still," Gilda yeald at him as she tried for a third time. Alex dodge her again, but this time as she flew past him, he gave her a sharp elbow inbetween her shoulders. Her bacbuckled an Gilda made a sound like a chicken being blown up before falling on her face, out cold. "Strike thre. You're out," Alex said. The other ponies (and dragon) stared at him with their mouthes open. Then Rainbowdash started laughing like crazy.

"Dude, that was awsome," Rainbowdash said when she had calmed down. "How'd you know how to do that?"

"Well it was pretty easy," Alex said, enjoying the praise. "It was easy to dodge her since she was too angry to concentrate, and I read in a book once that Griffins have weak spots between the shoulder blades. Guess it's true."

"Wow that was sweet! She was like 'Woosh' and you were like 'Bam' and you knocked her out," said an amazed Spike.

"While that was very impresive," Twilight said, "And I know none of us like her, but i have to ask, is she okay?"

"Oh, she'll be fine in an hour or two. A little dizzy, but fine," Alex answered.

"Well that was pretty cool," Rainbowdash said, "If you ever need a favor, kid, you just call me, got it?"

Alex nodded and Rainbowdash flew away. Soon after, the three soon got back to the library. "That sure was a crazy day," Twilight commented.

"Yeah, but it was, like, the best day ever," Alex said. He really did think it was a great day. As they opened the door they were surprised to find a party going on in the library. "Surprise," shouted Pinke, popping up from nowhere. "Welcome to the party, have some punch!"

"Ya know, I think I could get used to this," Alex said. After that he spent the whole night going party crazy with all his new friends. He decided that if he could he would always stay here.