• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 1,750 Views, 11 Comments

Gurren Lagann: Equestria's Last Hope - Chaos Seeker



This is the story of a filly, whose true destiny has yet to be fuffiled.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,750

Does Having So Many Faces Make You Great

Scootaloo relaxes as she rides along in Lagann. She yawns and looks upon the horizon. Out there is nothing. No grass, water, not even a flower. Just dirt and rocks. It was a wasteland. She groaned in frustration at the lack of something to do. She was promised adventure, and at first was nervous, but it was nothing but walking since they had left. Admittedly, she missed the bit of action. They stopped for a rest near a rocky formation. Rainbow Dash took her a side for a moment.

“Hey Scootaloo. We need to talk.” she started.

“Okay. What about?” Scootaloo asked .

“Remember the other day when we combined?” she asked her.

“Yeah. That was awesome.” Scootaloo said.

“No. No it wasn't. It was sloppy. It had no style at all and makes me embarrassed when I think about it. Combining should be awesome, and stylish, and just... oh I don't know all the words, but stunning is definitely one of them.” Rainbow tried to explain.

Scootaloo looked to the ground. “I don't know about all that, but maybe just combining is enough, right?” she looked up, but Rainbow was gone. “Where'd you go?”

“Scootaloo!” she looked in the direction of the voice, which was Rainbow's coming from Gurren. It was holding a large boulder. “Let's combine!”

“How am I going to do that, sis? I’m not in my gunman.” she said.

“Combine!” Gurren threw the rock at Scootaloo and she narrowly dodged it. Rainbow kept chasing Scootaloo with rocks while shouting “combine”. Applebloom and Big Macintosh were relaxing in the shade that the rocks offered.

“Hm. Seems likt those two are up to some shenanigans. Looks fun.” he said.

Applebloom looked over at the two pegasi like they were stupid and shook her head. “So what were ya goin' to check on again?” she asked.

“Oh. Nothin' big.” Big Mac pulled out a small controller and opened a box. He began to use the controller and a bunch of small flying robots came out of the box. They flew around Lagann, weaving a net of sorts. It was made of light. Big Mac pulled out his tablet and looked at the screen that popped up.

“So what's it say? Anything good?” she asked.

“Well, from what I can tell, Lagann here is pretty special. It's qui-” suddenly a flying rock came out of nowhere and landed in front of them. nopony was hurt, and only a couple of Big Mac's robots were crushed due to them flying about.

“Oh... Sorry about that guys! Must have slipped or something! My bad! Well, back to it Scoots! Now combine!” Rainbow ran off again.

“At least nopony was hurt.” Big Mac sighed. He collected his remaining robots and put them away.

“But your little gadget do hickeys. Some are broke.” Applebloom pointed out.

“Still. Could've been worse. Built 'em before an' I can do it again. Don't you worry none.” Big Mac walked away from Lagann and into the shade provided by the rock.

Gurren was still chasing Scootaloo. “Combine, Scootaloo! Come on!” she threw more rocks at the filly and she dodged them.

“You can't be serious, sis! You're just chasing me with rocks and throwing them at me! I need a break!” Scootaloo yelled.

“Stop being such a foal and combine already dammit!” Rainbow threw down another rock. “Why won't you combine damn you!”

“Please stop! I don't know what you're getting at! You're gonna get me killed at this rate. Just tell me what to do!” Scootaloo yelled in her exasperated state whist running away.

A hooded figure looked down upon them from on top of a cliff. Scootaloo had now gotten a hold of Lagann, but Rainbow was still chasing her with rocks and they hadn't combined. The hooded figure thought a loud. “What in tarnation are they doin' down there?”

“Combine!” Rainbow threw another rock at Lagann.

After that the hooded figure had three more hooded figures behind it. They were silent, but somewhat larger than the first one. “Okay. We're movin' in!” said the first one. They all left the cliff side.

Scootaloo was back to running from Gurren. Rainbow said it was better to work up to using Lagann. It made no sense to Scootaloo, but not everything about their adventure made sense, so she decided to go with it. She came to a halt in her galloping and nearly collapsed.

“We need to take a break, sis! I’m starving!” she said.

“Scootaloo! Real pegasi aren't pushovers like every other pony! We fight through hunger an-” Rainbow Dash's stomach audibly rumbled in her speech about hunger. She weighed her options for a second. “Ya know what? We'll go and get some grub to hurry this along. How's th-” she was interrupted once again, but not by her stomach. By an explosive.

“Rainbow Dash?” Scootaloo faced Gurren. Three more explosions hit it.

“Yee Haw!” Four hooded figures were galloping toward the area. They looked equine in nature.

“What the hell? Who are those wack jobs?” Rainbow asked. Gurren fell on it's side as three of the hooded, presumably ponies, began to circle Scootaloo.

“Ooooh! A filly! It's been forever since we've seen one.” said a male voice.

“Yeah, and you never see a pegasus anymore.” said another.

“Yes. Both true. And she is quite cute if I might say.” said the last. They weren't circling menacingly, but as if they were examining.

“You were in a rough spot there, weren't ya? You're safe now though. No need to worry.” said the second male.

“Huh? What?” Scootaloo was confused.

Rainbow was still being assaulted by the fourth figure and was still down. She was in the cock pit and trying to get Gurren to move, but it wouldn't budge an inch.

“Oh come on! Get up, Gurren! We've gotta take this sucker down!” she tried the controls, but her stomach growled and a monitor came on screen showing that her stomach was empty, and thus shut it down. “Seriously?!?! Oh no!” she slammed the side a few times, but it did no good, so she climbed out of Gurren after a few more explosions. When she got out the hooded figure was waiting for her.

“Okay you changeling. “Ya'll are gonna... wait a second...” the female sounding figure looked Rainbow Dash over. “Yer not a changeling at all!” she said.

“Yeah, of course not! What about you?” Rainbow accused. She took off her hood and revealed her face. She was an orange pony with green eyes, freckles, and a yellow mane. “So who the hell are you?”

“Hey sis! I think there's a misunderstanding!” Scootaloo yelled.

The three others removed their hoods. One was a white unicorn with a blue mane streaked with electric blue. One was light brown and had a slicked back dark brown mane. The last one was a crème colored with a dirty blonde mane.

“So you weren't being chased a second ago?” asked the dirty blonde one.

“No.” Scootaloo answered.

“That would have been nice to know before running off into battle.” said the unicorn.

“It would have, but we just assumed that was the case. Sure it looked like it was a gunman attack, but it wasn't and dwelling on it won't do any good.” said the brown one.

“You know, even though you're a pony, doesn't mean I’m not gonna beat your ass!” Rainbow shouted. “Count yourself...” Rainbow kept talking.

“What in tarnation is a pony doin' piloting a gunman in the first place? Yer liable to git yourself jumped walkin' around in that. Everypony knows only changelings go around in those things.”

“Yeah, well who says?” Rainbow asked her.

“Says everypony, including me.” the mare got in Rainbow's face.

“Yeah, well here's the deal with that. I stole the thing and it's mine now! So there!” Rainbow shouted into the mare's face.

“You're a filthy liar!” she spat back.

“I'm this gunman's pilot you dumbass!” Rainbow retorted.

“An' I still say it's impossible!” the mare held to her belief.

“Oh really now? Just who the hell do you think I am?” she backed up into the air. “After escaping Ponyville and defeating a slew of gunmen, Team Gurren's badass leader began to travel the wastes in search of more! Who is this leader you might ask? It's me of course, Rainbow Dash!” after her speech about her heroism, the bucks near Scootaloo noticed Rainbow Dash.

“Wowwee!”

“She's a hottie alright!”

“Words cannot express...” the three bucks abandoned Scootaloo in favor of Rainbow Dash.

“Well I guess it's only right we introduce ourselves. I’m Shining Armor, the oldest brother.” he said.

“I am Time Turner, the second youngest, or middle brother. A pleasure to meet you fine ladies.” he was very cordial.

“I guess I’m last. I’m Braeburn, the youngest brother.” he said. “And this is Applejack, our-” he was interrupted.

“Yeah, we've met. I’m Applejack, and I’m their elder sister. We're out here hunting changelings.” she said.

“So what were those explosions before?” Rainbow asked.

“Rocks.” Braeburn said.

“Bull!” Rainbow yelled.

“I assure you Braeburn is being truthful, but he left out the fact that Shining Armor enchants them first.” Time Turner explained.

“Oh... Neat.” Rainbow said.

“Yeah. It's a nifty spell. I can also have them make smoke and-” Shining was interrupted.

“All three of y'all! Get over here! We have to settle business from earlier. Ya mentioned something 'bout a beating.” Applejack said.

“I thought we were all getting along here, but if you wanna lose so badly then I’m down. Got spare minute to use up. Come at me. The clock's ticking.” a shot whizzed right in between them. they looked and saw Applebloom and Big Mac standing on a boulder.

“Hey. It's time to come back to the camp everypony.” Bic Macintosh called to them. with their fight interrupted they trudged back to camp.

Applebloom, Shining Armor, Time Turner, and Braeburn were sent to find food. They were trotting up a steep hill whilst the three bucks were talking the entire time. Then they involved Applebloom.

“So Applebloom. What's it like? Traveling with such a cool filly like Rainbow Dash?” Shining Armor asked.

“Huh? It's okay I guess.” she replied.

“It's got to be more than okay. I bet there's all sorts of cool adventures and stuff going on when she's around.” Braeburn said.

“Not really. I mean sure things got interesting when those two showed up, but it isn't all adventure and action.” Applebloom said.

“And besides, there's more to Rainbow Dash than that.” Time Turner said.

“We're comin' up on a watering hole.” Applebloom said.

“And where there's water, there are surely animals.” Time Turner told the group.

Applebloom looked through her scope and poked around for a target. She got a moose in her cross hairs and carefully fired a shot. It dropped. “Hey guys. I got something.” she slung her rifle around her back and they all went to retrieve the rather large moose, which took them all to carry.

“Wow! What a tale that is right there! You're going to the headquarters of the changelings? What are a couple of idiot like you and a kid gonna do about those things?” Applejack asked.

“So you're chicken, huh? Well Scootaloo here ain't no chicken, so don't be sharing anything with here and giving her any of your chicken germs.” Rainbow said.

“Do you even think about what y'all say before you say things?” Applejack asked.

“You know what I mean.” she retorted.

“Well I’m not scared. I’m just saying that the changelings are strong, and there's lots of them things.” Applejack said. At that moment, for once not interrupting anything, Applejack's, Rainbow's, and Scootaloo's stomachs growled.

“I'm starving.” Scootaloo said.

“Me too.” Applejack said.

“You too. Well there's something we can agree on them.” Rainbow told her.

“We haven't eaten today. We were following this gunman with sixteen faces.” Applejack said.

“Sixteen? Are you sure it wasn't two and you weren't hallucinating of something like that? Those don't exist.” Rainbow said

“Yeah they do, an' I’m surprised you haven't seen one yet.” Applejack said. Their stomachs growled again and they fell onto their backs and sighed.

“Food! We need food now dammit!” Rainbow shouted to the heavens.

“So hungry...” Scootaloo was sprawled out on the ground.

“Oh come on already!” Rainbow began again.

“Ya know we're back.” Applebloom said. Rainbow sat up. Behind Applebloom was a moose being prepared to be cooked. When it was finally cooked and ready everypony was relieved. They sat down at the large rock and set out plates with utensils. They sat down and were about to dig it, when a changeling came out from hiding behind a rock and stole Applejack's food right off her plate, running off with it.

“Hey!” she shouted. “That damn changeling!”

“Calm down, we've got more.” Applebloom said.

“You don't suppose that is one of the ones we-” Time Turner started.

“Yeah, I don't care. It's not getting away!” Applejack got up and gave chase after it. “Come on fellas! We're headed into action!” the three bucks followed her. The changeling made it back to it's gunman and fifteen others sprang to life and began to roll around, trying to squash anypony it could.

“Scootaloo! We're headed in the fight too! Gurren Lagann will finish them in a second!” Rainbow Dash trot/glided over to Gurren while Applebloom covered her back, keeping the gunmen away. She got in Gurren and Scootaloo got in Lagann without hassle. “Okay! Now it's time to combine!”

“Got it!” Lagann ran over and tried to climb up Gurren.

“Nope! Don't be a dumbass!” Rainbow said as Gurren swatted Lagann away. The lead gunman rolled into Gurren and knocked it away.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Scootaloo yelled at Rainbow.

“Don't you remember what we did all day? Your training? Now let's do it right and quit whining!” Rainbow said.

“We're gonna die if we don't fight back!” Scootaloo said.

“Ha! It's cute that you're using only two gunmen to combine! I’ll show you what real combining looks like you losers!” said the lead gunman. The other fifteen began to circle around it in the air. They combined to make the larger one's arms and legs longer.

“Wow! That's neat!” Big Mac said.

“Not really. It's arms and legs just got a bit longer. I actually expected more with sixteen gunmen.” Applebloom said.

“I meant the sixteen part. I didn't think it was possible. Unfortunately whoever made this design had no creativity at all. Just think of the possibilities...” he said.

“I'd say we're lucky 'bout that.”

“Woah! They combined!” Scootaloo yelled.

“Bah! You think that's combining? You must be real dumbasses then! Real combining is-' Rainbow's sentence was interrupted by one of the gunmen being shot off at Gurren.

“Sis!” Lagann ran for Gurren quickly. “Come on! We've got to combine!” Scootaloo shouted. Lagann climbed on top of Gurren, but was knocked off again by Rainbow. Scootaloo screamed as she was sent flying.

“Seriously Scootaloo! True combining is about two souls merging together into a blazing glorious inferno!” Dash told her.

“Rainbow needs to shut up and just combine already.” Applebloom said.

“But she's right 'bout combining. It's somethin' special, and it's got to be special or what you get is just lackluster, kinda like this gunman we're fightin'.” Big Macintosh explained.

After rubbing her head Scootaloo thought for a moment. “Why is she knocking me away? It doesn't make any sense...” after somethought she remembered the training, the throwing of the rocks, and the words Rainbow Dash would yell at her. “I've got it!” she began running toward Gurren now, who was being circled by the numerous parts of the gunman. Applejack and her brothers were also fighting.

“Scootaloo! Where are you?” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“I'm right here! Don't you worry!” the gunman formed right in front of her. “Oh... Maybe worry just a little...” the gunman shot a piece at Lagann and it was knocked into the dirt. It reformed and began to walk over.

“Looks like the kid's in trouble...” Applejack sighed. “Amateurs...” she was about to go in when Applebloom came up behind her.

“We're moving in.” she said.

“I was just abou-”

“Don't care, go, now.” they began galloping in pace with one another. “Scootaloo! Start running!” Scootaloo heard and got up, fleeing. “Throw those bombs at the gunman.”

“It's just gonna dodge them.” Applajack told her.

“Throw 'em now!” Applejack launched three bombs, Applebloom stopped dead in her tracks, and as they got into range she shot them, making them explode in the gunman's face, knocking it over.

“I see what y'all did there. Clever.” as it fell the gunman separated ad began to roll around. “Uh oh!” in the smoke and confusion Applejack's brothers were hit by a rolling gunman as they galloped together in battle. She saw this.

“Come on!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“I'm here!” Scootaloo ducked and weaved through the rolling gunmen, getting to Gurren. There, Lagann leaped into the air with Gurren to combine.

“Oh yeah! Combining is about soaring through the air, just like a pegasus.” They finished combining, more fluidly than last time, and landed with a slide.

“Sisterly combining! Gurren Lagann!” they shouted in unison.

“Woah! They did that?” Applejack asked to herself.

“Hey boss. That was pretty epically awesome. Can I switch sides?” asked one of the gunmen. The biggest one merely hit it.

“You won't be better than me at combining little pony!” yelled the leader. They all combined.

“Hey, sis. They're still bigger than us.” Scootaloo said.

“Whatever. You know what they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. This one will be easy.” Rainbow said.

“Don't you dare underestimate me!” yelled the leader again.

The gunman engaged in a test of sheer strength with Gurren Lagann. They locked hands, and after a few seconds had passed Gurren Lagann began to push the sixteen faces gunman back. Off the battlefield, applejack was mourning the loss of her brothers. Back on the battlefield, both of the pegasi were getting hungry and losing the test of strength, no matter how hard they tried to fight back.

“Ugh! Sooo hungry! I can't build up any energy to kick this guy's ass!” Rainbow said.

“Me too... If only we had some of tha-” Scootaloo stopped in her tracks.

“Scootaloo?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Hey.” Scootaloo was smiling.

“What?”

“Guess what I grabbed for later on before leaving for the fight?” Scootaloo asked.

“Wait. You didn't! You crafty filly! Send some down here!” Rainbow demanded.

“It's been in my pockets.” she said.

“We've had worse. We grew up in Ponyville.” Rainbow said.

“Okay then.” Scootaloo took out some of the moose from the meal earlier and opened a hatch to drop it down. It got to Rrainbow, who promptly ate it, and Scootaloo then ate her portion. “So tasty!”

“Oh yeah! Jackpot baby!” Rainbow said. They regained their energy and pushed the gunman right off and into a rock. “Hey you! Just because you have lots of little gunmen that combine doesn't mean you're great! The way you combine lacks a few necessary things to make greatness!”

“What's she going on about now?” Applebloom asked. “It's always something...”

“To truly combine you need spirit and heart!” she finished.

“Hey sis! Drills are coming out of our arm! Look!” Scootaloo pointed out.

“Well would you look at that. Time to teach these clowns what true combining can do for you.” she said. They began to pierce each gunman, counting off for each one until the leader came.

“I'm not going down without a fight!” it tried to roll, but before it could curl up, Gurren Lagann got it. “Nooo!” soon after the sixteen gunmen exploded.

“That's quite the impressive gunman they've got there.” Time Turner said.

“Yeah. I knew they'd pull through. They're too awesome to do otherwise.” Shining Armor said.

“True. It was a fine day to fight Changelings.” Braeburn said.

Applejack had a surprised look on her face. “Oh, so y'all are alive after all. That's good. Thought we lost ya in that battle.” Big Mac said.

Applejack turned, with tears in her eyes. “You three...”

“Don't worry. We almost died, but we're fine.” Shining said.

“If by fine you mean almost buried alive, then yes, but thankfully we're thougher than Applejack seems to think.” Time Turner said.

“You're alive!” she said.

“Hey, let's go see Rainbow and Scootaloo!” Braeburn said. They all ran off to check on the heroes of the day.

“Hey! Y'all get back here right now! I’m yer elder an' I order ya!” Applejack yelled as she chased them.

“So, all's well that ends well.” Big Mac said.

“Hey, you're not bad, but you're still an amateur.” Applejack said.

“Are you just looking for a fight?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I was just saying you're not bad. If ya ever want to, I dunno, join up and hunt changelings with us, then I’d let ya. You'd be the annoying youngest in the family though.” she said as she began to walk off.

“Sure, and if you want to join Team Gurren, home of all things awesome and badass, then let me know and I just might let you in.” Rainbow said.

“Yeah, see ya.” Applejack trotted off.

“See ya around, Rainbow.” Shining Armor said as he followed Applejack.

“Good bye, Rainbow Dash. It was a pleasure.” Time Turner said ans followed as well.

“I'll be headed off as well, but we'll probably see you guys around eventually.” Braeburn said as he caught up to his family.

“Goodbye guys!” Scootaloo yelled. “Well they left.”

“Yeah, they did all right. You know, I’ve gotta ask now. You hiding anything else in those pockets, like more food?” Dash asked.

“Nope. I’m starved though. Maybe Applebloom has something back at the camp.” Scootaloo said.

“Yeah, hopefully. You might want to get that cleaned though so it doesn't smell. It's not cool to be the smelly filly Scootaloo.” Rainbow Dash said.

“I know. I’ll get it cleaned.”

Author's Note:

Sorry about being retardedly late. Needed time to come up with the Black Siblings, and had to work. Hope it's enjoyable.

Comments ( 2 )

Gurren Lagann MLP crossover the way I want it, yes please. But don't make this a copy and past of the original story. Also show Arc Gurren Lagann and Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann more then the show did.

It was good but when are you gonna make the next chapter, when when I SAY WHEN!!:flutterrage::twilightangry2::rainbowhuh:

Login or register to comment