• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 1,162 Views, 20 Comments

Ace Combat: Shadows of Equestria - The Sergeant



After world-changing technological achievements by international scientists are developed, plans are made to put the new generation of flying and transportation into use. Some of those plans, however, aren't that peaceful

  • ...
2
 20
 1,162

Operation Artemis

(One month later)

Blossomforth was grinning when the three pegasi of Stingray trudged in. Aquila Squadron was already there. As the three took their seats, she began the briefing.

"Today will be the last battle of the war! Intelligence has located the Solar Empire's primary fleet, Admiral Marigold's 5th fleet! In Addition, Our main forces will be mounting a pincer assault on the Empire's border. Stingray Squadron, you have been assigned to assist the 1st fleet in Assaulting the 5th fleet. Kira, your squadron will fly air Superiority. Grimm, your Squadron will engage in Anti-Ship combat. Many other pilots will be up there today. Today, we end this war!"

The two squadrons yelled their approval.

"Now go give those Imperial Bastards hell!" Blossomforth said. The two squadrons scrambled to their hangars.


Two Hours Later


"Battleship Tanager to Incoming aircraft. State Affiliation." The captain of the Tanager said to Stingray and Aquila.

"Aquila and Stingray Flights, Sir." Mist said.

"Roger. To all Pilots and crew. The 5th fleet is 20 miles out. Massive opposition expected. Land assault has already begun. Let's restore Harmony to these lands!" The captain said. All planes and ships charged towards the massive fleet. One ship in particular stood out.

"Holy hell, what is THAT?" One of the NLR pilots asked.

"Intelligence states that it's a Wirbelwind class Battleship!" Mist replied.

"This is Misha 1! Front spire on Enemy Superweapon is charging up! What's it gonna--" The unfortunate pilot would never finish his sentence, as a Massive burst of Energy erupted from the Ship, striking the Tanager, obliterating it and everything else within Five Miles, including most of the fleet, Nearly all of Aquila Squadron, and the unfortunate Misha Squadron.

"Buck! All units disperse! Don't let that thing hit you!" Mist yelled, although the surviving forces were already taking evasive manoeuvres. Violet, however, did a hard right, which unfortunately put her on a collision course with an NLR TU-95. Violet didn't even get the chance to scream as her F-2 Smashed into the Tupolev's Bomb bay, setting off the Bomber's payload, which annihilated both aircraft.

"Violet, Violet! Come in!" Echo screamed desperately, even though it was obvious nothing had survived.

"It's too late, Echo. You couldn't do anything. But we must hurry, before we join her in death!" Kira said, before sending her X-29 screaming towards the enemy fleet, now sending up ferocious AA fire.

The two Remaining Stingray members followed suit, firing missiles left and right, destroying several ships. In response, a nearby Carrier sent up a Trio of planes. It was the Akula Squadron.

"We meet again, Republic scum. This time, we'll send you to the seabed!" Akula 1 yelled. To highlight the fact, she fired a missile at Kira, severely damaging the engine.

"Well, looks like it's my stop." Kira sighed.

"Aquila 1, eject!" Grimm yelled.

"Sorry, I have an idea. Keep Akula off my back, ok?" Kira asked.

"Roger. Here, Sharky sharks! defenseless kill right here!" Echo taunted, flying straight. The Akula Squadron couldn't pass this up, and chased him. With the distraction, the the Crew of the Wirbelwind noticed the wildcat X-29 when it was already too late. The plane smashed into the front Spire, destroying part of the Spire's armour and exposing a large device emitting a harsh blue light. Kira died instantly, but her sacrifice provided the perfect opening. Admiral Marigold tuned in to Stingray's Frequency. "Dog! You think you can stop us!? We will crush your pathetic Republic! Die, you pigs!" Marigold screamed.

"Oh, shut up, Hag." Echo retorted, firing a missile into the damaged spire. The Missile struck the Magic Generator, causing a catastrophic explosion that ripped the Wirbelwind to pieces. Admiral Marigold died screaming. The three Akula planes, chasing Echo, got too close to the explosion and were sent falling into the ocean.

Furthermore, the explosion created a wave that swamped the rest of the tightly packed 5th fleet. Many ships had capsized before they knew what had happened. "Akula Squadron and 5th fleet wiped out!" Mist grinned.

Mist's smile immediately became a look of horror as she looked at her Radar Screen.

"To all remaining NLR Forces. Massive Contingent of planes approaching. There's nothing more you can do! Princess Luna has ordered that All units retreat! Repeat, Mission is a Failure!" Mist screamed. The Armada turned tail and withdrew at maximum speed.

"Dammit. We lost Violet for nothing?" Echo asked bleakly as they approached the Coastal Pandora Mountains.. Mist sighed. "No. We took out their primary fleet, and sent Celestia's Aces to the bottom of the ocean.... Wait... DAMMIT! PILOT, EVA---" Mist's hysterical voice turned into static. Echo heard an explosion and looked up, just in time to see several odd looking planes turn the AWACS into a Fireball.

One of them descended rapidly, targeting Grimm's plane. Echo just had time to see the Aircraft for a few seconds before it fired its guns, killing Grimm in his cockpit.

The Plane, Echo could see it was a propeller plane, turned and buzzed his F-2.

"Alright, bastard. Get a load of this!" Echo yelled as he fired a Missile at it, but the Antique looking plane looped over him with grace, trashing the Missile's guidance. The Plane lined the stunned Echo up for the killing blow. "Dammit, you won't get me!" Echo yelled desperately as he jinked right. Unfortunately, Heavy Calibre shells shredded his plane. Killing the confused Echo immediately.

The pilot of the Victorious plane radioed in to her AWACS.

"NLR and SE fleets annihilated, Schwannburg."

"Roger, we're commencing Operation Downfall." the mysterious "Sudentor" replied.


Merely Two weeks later, Equestria and Aurelia had fallen. The conquerors identified themselves as the Kalugan Empire. Impossible as it may be, The Equestrian realm had appeared in an alternate world. Answers for the event were fruitless. The princesses were banished, their powers now worthless.

The citizens of Aurelia and Equestria could only prepare themselves for a long era of subjugation...

The End?

Author's Note:

Ok, so sue me. I had to end the story early because I got bored. Not to worry, A sequel is on the horizon. Merely because the story got too tedious and I had no idea what to do next, I decided to make a sequel. Unfortunately, the sequel required killing Stingray and Equestria teleporting to Strangereal. How did this happen? What are the Empire's motives? How did Equestria get there? What happened so the Yuktobanian Continent became a Tolitarian Empire?

Stay tuned.

Or alternatively, ask me in a Private Message.

Comments ( 1 )

3198451
3360408

Or nearly 18 weeks. (Facedesk) 372 days to complete a five chapter story!? Jeez.

Login or register to comment