• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 1,162 Views, 20 Comments

Ace Combat: Shadows of Equestria - The Sergeant



After world-changing technological achievements by international scientists are developed, plans are made to put the new generation of flying and transportation into use. Some of those plans, however, aren't that peaceful

  • ...
2
 20
 1,162

Sitting Duck

The next day...

Blossomforth looked at what was left of the base's pilots, sighed at the little air power they had, before beginning the briefing.

"Good morning. I hope you had a nice sleep, because you're going to be flying today. Outer Radar has picked up a dozen Tu-160 bombers 200 miles out. Intelligence suggests they are packed with Bunker Busters. We believe that they're going to attack Shorebird city, and cripple nearby Saleza Air Base. Radar reports say that there are a dozen TU-160s and, mercifully enough, a small amount of escorts, numbering about..." She looked at the report. "Fifteen. Aquila Squadron, Stingray Squadron, your job will be to distract, the fighters, then you can take out the bombers. Embriella, SU-24s are unsuitable for this mission. Effective Immediately, your Squadron will be piloting Dassault Mirage F-1s."

Embriella saluted, Grimm and Violet looked shocked, and Echo chuckled.
"In five minutes, you are to report to your planes. Stingray, your planes are in Hanger 3. Dismissed!"
---
(15 minutes later)

The 9 planes were over the Port's bay when AWACS Sentry contacted them.

"AWACS Sentry to Stingray and Aquila Squadron. Targets are approaching you head on. Arm AA missiles and move to intercept. Also, Today's my birthday. A victory would sure be nice."

Echo chuckled. "Roger that, Mist."

"Moving to intercept." Kira said as the five X-29s sped up and closed in on the bombers, still 50 miles out.

"Engaging," Embriella also said as Stingray followed Aquila.

By then the Enemy formation was in clear view. The 12 Tu-160s arranged in a V-formation, while the 15 fighters, F-5s and Mig-29s, were arranged in a circle around the bombers.

Aquila dived into the fighter formation, which peeled off to engage.

"Aquila 1 to Stingray 1. Fighters distracted. You're clear to engage!" Kira said as she fired a missile at a Mig-29. The pilot attempted to spiral dive, but the missile caught him in the middle of the maneuver, sending his craft corkscrewing, both wings breaking off, before slamming into the water. There was no parachute.

"Merka 6 down. Damn Aurelians!" Another Mig-29 Pilot cursed.

"Steady Merka 7. They got lucky. Merka Squadron, engage and destroy. Gebel Squadron, protect the bombers." A female pilot, Merka 1, said.

"Roger." Gebel 1 replied as the 7 f-5s arranged themselves into a defensive formation around the leading bombers.

Stingray Squadron, arriving at the scene, launched 4 missiles at four separate f-5s. These planes exploded into debris. The three remaining f-5s evaded to avoid missiles and wreckage.

"Gebel 5 to Merka 1! Come in!" An F-5 pilot screamed.

"Merka 1 here. Where's Gebel 1?" Merka 1 asked.

"Dead! Dead dead dead! So are Gebels 2, 3, AND 4! Be advised, a seperate N.L.R squadron is approaching! We can't do anything to assist the bombers!" Gebel 5 shouted, on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"Dammit! Merka 6, 7, and 8, assist Gebel Squadron. The rest of you, follow me. Let's waste these idiots." Merka 1 sighed as she fired a missile at Aquila 3, who dodged it with a split-S maneuver.

In response, Aquila 4 and Aquila 5 hid out in a cloud formation, and when Merka 3 flew past, ambushed and shot her down. This time Merka 3 ejected.

"Got her...wait, she bailed. Sentry, see if you can get a patrol out here to pick that Imperial pilot up."

"Copy." Mist said, before contacting the Shorebird Port Commander.

By now the fight was completely one-sided. Aquila 2 and Aquila 5, along with Echo and Grimm, had started engaging the Tu-160s. Aquila 3 and 4 had started harassing what was left was Gebel Squadron. Gebel 5, now the Squadron leader, had had enough.

"Gebel 5 to base. We're getting pounded up here! Request permission to withdraw!" Gebel 5 said.

"Roger that. Merka Squadron, Gebel Squadron is withdrawing. Destroy the Aurelian planes ASAP." The Imperial Air Controller said.

"Merka 1 here, that task is getting harder by the minute! Merka 3 and 5 are down, and Merka 8 is reporting engine damage. He's withdrawing as well."

"Continue with mission! destroy those planes NOW!" the Controller ordered.

"...fine. Merka Squadron, defend the bombers. I'll deal with these guys." Merka 1 hissed as she turned her Fulcrum around and targeted Echo.

"Echo, bandit at your 20! Evade!" Violet yelled.

"Woah!" Echo shouted in surprise as he evaded two missiles fired by Merka 1.

"By Celestia, he's quick." Merka 1 said as she looped around to attack. Echo, however, had anticipated she would do that, and turned around to fire a missile at her.

"Damn. Ejecting." Merka 1 said as she bailed out. The boat that picked up Merka 3 would pick her up as well.

"Merka 2 here! Merka 1's downed! Bombers are reporting that they're taking damage!" Merka 2 shouted.

"Dammit all. Abort mission! Get out of there!" The Controller ordered.

"Merka Squadron, disengage! It's time to make ourselves scarce!" Merka 2 said as the remaining 4 Migs disengaged and fled.

"...Command, this is Rayel 1. We have a mission to complete. And we will do it no matter what the cost." The lead bomber said, before the bombers accelerated and zoomed straight for the harbor.

"Sentry to Aquila and Stingray! Escorts are withdrawing, but bombers are on final attack run! Intercept and destroy ASAP!" Mist said.

"Aquila 1 here. We're outta ammo. Returning to base." Kira said as Aquila Squadron flew back to base.

"Not good. Stingrays, follow me. Shoot down those bombers!" Embriella ordered.

"Roger." Violet said as they fired a salvo of 8 missiles at four Tu-160s. These planes, loaded with full bomb bays, exploded with the force of a miniature Atomic bomb. The other 8 bombers evaded. They were now 15 miles from the city.

"Fire salvo 2!" Embriella ordered. Again, the 8 missiles connected with their targets, and 4 more TU-160s spiralled downwards, their crews bailing out.

"Targets are 10 miles from the city! destroy them now!" Sentry ordered. This time 8 missiles were fired, but only three bombers were destroyed.

"Blast it, missiles didn't connect. I need to reload." Grimm said, voice filled with frustration.

"No time! It's 5 miles from the city! Shoot it down!" Mist shouted,

"Trying...Hey, what the!?" Embriella said as gunfire strafed the fomation, forcing Embriella, Violet, and Grimm to evade. Echo, however, climbed into a cloud layer.

"Rayel 1, you're all clear! You may bomb the harbor when ready." Merka 2 said smugly. He had doubled back around Stingray and strafed them with gunfire. His smug face turned into one of horror when his plane was hit by gunfire. Echo had ambushed him.

"Ejecting!" Merka 2 screamed, ejecting from his crippled plane. He would land on the harbor quay, right in the lap of the Port authorities.

"Echo, you're the only one in position. Shoot it down now!" Mist said.

"Gladly." Echo replied, shooting two missiles at the bomber. It exploded one mile from the bombing point.

"Whew....that was cutting it a bit close. Stingray Squadron, return to base." Mist said, slumping back into her seat. As Stingray Squadron returned to their airfield, Embriella, Grimm, and Violet flew next to Echo, and praised him all the way back to base.

"Good job, kid! You just saved Shorebird City!" Embriella said.

"What I would give to see the look on Fulcrum guy's face when you shot him down..." Violet told Echo, laughing.

"I'll buy you the drinks at the bar tonight, kiddo!" Grimm said as well.

Even Blossomforth was impressed when she debriefed them.

"Nice job, Echo. Thanks to you, the Oil tanks and Naval yards are safe. The crew of the Gumrak send their compliments." Blossomforth said, smiling.

"Aw come on, guys, really. It was nothing." Echo said, blushing.

"Rubbish. You saved a major port facility and took down an ace single-handedly! That's a guaranteed something right there!" Grimm said, clapping.

"If you say so, Grimm. Now, about those drinks you promised..." Echo replied, smirking.

Author's Note:

Wow, this chapter took a while. Hope you like it. Credits to tyber zann for helping me with plot problems. So, anyway, the next chapter will be here a lot sooner than this one. Stay tuned!

P.S:

1. merka

A word that can take on many meanings, most often applicable when there is no word that can truly fit your emotions or what you are trying to say.

While most often used in times of stress or disappointment, merka can also be used in jubilation or in cases of extreme happiness.

"I can't find my keys...merka"

"Merka!! I just found my keys!!"

"Merka. I don't understand anything that's going on!"


....hmm. Whenever I make a word from gibberish, it's always a word that exists. :facehoof: