• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 354 Views, 1 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Secret of Butterfly Island - Cyan Hide



The Doctor and his granddaughter Colgate, whilst tracking down a dangerous renegade known as 'The Master', they pick up a guest; a mailmare. Their next stop is Butterfly Island, where it is said that wishes can be granted.

  • ...
 1
 354

The Secret of Butterfly Island Part 2

DOCTOR WHOOVES: THE SECRET OF BUTTERFLY ISLAND PART 2

The Pegasi village was a series of stick huts and a large campfire, build far inland. The guardians saw Pegasi as the most graceful race and allowed a select few to live on their island. That was a long time ago. Why couldn’t they leave now? Was it really the Time Lord’s doing?
Starcatcher was sitting on a log in the village, thinking about her conversation with the Doctor. The rest of the Pegasi were chatting happily by the fire, telling jokes and stories as dusk approached, oblivious to their guardian’s worries. Derpy was among the chatting Pegasi, while Thistle Whistle was a short distance away, her arms crossed. Starcatcher flies over to her.

“What’s wrong, Thistle Whistle? Why aren’t you with the others?”
The shy Pegasus whistles nervously.

“It’s just these new ponies. I don’t like meeting new ponies. I have plenty of friends here. Who even are these people?” She says, concluding with another whistle.

“They are guests, and important ones. Just give them a chance. You seemed to be talking to that grey one a lot.”

“She’s just so happy, and outgoing! She isn’t shy like us. No-sir-ee.”

“HELP! IT’S THE DOCTOR!”

Starcatcher turns round to see Colgate carrying the unconscious Doctor on her shoulders. The rest of the Pegasi also turn to her, and Derpy immediately starts flying towards them. The rest of the pegasi follow like a swarm.

The moon is hanging high in the starry sky. Derpy is staring at it as she waits for Colgate to return. The Doctor is in one the huts, receiving medical treatment. Derpy overheard Starcatcher mention something about two hearts. Just who was the Doctor? Did Colgate also have two hearts? Colgate had gone back down to the beach in the blue box to try and find out what had caused the Doctor to become like this. Derpy then noticed something odd about the moon. The mare in the moon wasn’t there. As a filly, she used to have fun making out the nose and the horn, but right now, the moon was just blank. What did that mean? They must be on the same planet. There are ponies here, and she can understand them. She felt like she should be surprised that the Doctor’s blue box brought them here so fast, but there were always rumours that it was magic. Ponies have seen it disappear, but this was a completely different story. That was not Equestria’s moon.

Derpy’s train of thought was interrupted by the sound of the TARDIS. Colgate stepped out next to the campfire as the impressed pegasi gawp and marvel at the blue box that appeared out of thin air. They had never seen anything like it. Starcatcher approaches her.

“What did you find out?”

“There is a barrier around the island, preventing us from leaving except by TARDIS.”
The Pegasi worriedly mutter amongst themselves at this news. Of course, none of them have ever tried to leave, but the idea had never crossed their minds. Colgate speaks up.

“It was created by the Time Lords. I’ve dated it. It was created five hundred years after the guardians came here. It even includes a strong perception filter, so you never even consider leaving. I believe it was created to keep you here, Starcatcher; for them to keep a better eye on you, and to keep you out of the way of other beings. You can grant wishes. That’s a dangerous power to have if that power falls into the wrong hooves.

Derpy, me and the Doctor haven’t told you enough about ourselves. We are from Gallopfrey. The Doctor is a renegade Time Lord and I am his granddaughter. The TARDIS can travel anywhere in time and space. Butterfly Island isn’t in the same dimension you came from.

We are running from the Time Lords because the Doctor disagrees with them about how the power to travel through time and space should be used. They think he’s a time-endangering menace who meddles in the affairs of mortals too much, and he thinks they are committing an act of evil by not using their power to help those in need of saving from monsters around the universe. They caught him and tried him for his ‘crimes’. They would agree on a lighter sentence if he caught a much more dangerous renegade called ‘The Master’. Our trail has led us here. If he’s after the wishes, it can only mean trouble.”

In a glowing green room, a pair of off-violet eyes stares at a screen, showing the events unfolding on Butterfly Island. The figure smiles, revealing its fangs, and turns its head to its captive, and its subjects. It speaks, with a soft yet sinister deep female voice.

“It is time to spring into action. Do all of you know what you’re doing?”
The figures all nod, except the green eyed captive.

“Perfect. Time Lord, let them out and then initiate the compression.”
The green eyed captive nods, and opens the door, before pressing more switches. The dark grey colt has a straw coloured mane and his eyes are a naturally dull amber, though at present they are also glowing green with the mind manipulation magic of a Changeling Queen.

At that moment, a light on the TARDIS console buzzes loudly. Colgate stops talking and heads straight into the TARDIS. Derpy follows her anxiously.

“Colgate, what’s wrong?”

“The barrier around the island. It’s set off my equipment. It’s shrinking! Getting closer!”
The beeping stops and the TARDIS screen goes dead. Starcatcher was watching from the entrance. She turns round, with a concerned and authoritative face.

“Alright, everypony get to the centre of the island! Just go!”
The Pegasi mutter amongst themselves confused and bewildered, but they still follow Starcatcher’s orders without question, heading to the centre of the island. Starcatcher turns to the other two ponies.

“We need to find the ones responsible, and fast! I saw we split up. I’ll search the whole of the north. Derpy, you search the east side. Colgate, you search the southwest.”
The two ponies nod in agreement, and set off to their assigned locations.

Thistle whistle had her hooves wrapped around her body, and was shaking. Her home can’t disappear. It just can’t! The rest of the pegasi were worried, but only Thistle Whistle was this anxious. She was a short way away from the group. In times like this, she valued her own space. Coconut Grove was hovering above the others and trying to get them to calm down. She was always the sensible leader like one.
From the bushes, featureless blue eyes observe the conversing pegasi. Thistle Whistle catches a glimpse of them. They were beautiful. She approaches them, and they belong to creatures equally beautiful. Along with the featureless eyes, they had horns just like Colgate did, and they all had metallic grey bodies that added to their ethereal mystery and majesty. Have they seen her? She can’t tell. And that’s when she felt a blunt pain on the back of her head, and everything went dark.

Colgate weaves through the lush trees and flora as fast as her legs can carry her. There’s no sign of anything unusual. The reaches the edge of a cliff, and looks down. The beach is gone. Completely gone, and the grassy coast is now falling victim to the compression. Whoever’s doing this is trying to erase the whole island from existence! ‘I had better get back to the TARDIS and get everypony out!’

At that moment, the tree nearest her opens up, and a colt steps out, with a dark grey coat, a mane the colour of straw, and eerie glowing green eyes. Minus the eyes, she recognises the picture, it’s him! The Master! But what could the glowing eyes mean? And what’s that he’s holding? It’s at that point she feels a stabbing pain in her leg. She looks down and sees a dart sticking out of it. The colt in front of her brings his hoof to his mouth.

“Shhh, don’t fight it. Just go to sleep.”
Colgate can already feel the world swirling around her, and black forming around the corners of her eyes, slowly growing into her vision, slowly engulfing it in darkness, just like the fate of this island if she didn’t fight!

“Master, you won’t get...away wi....with thi...”
It was too hard to fight. Everything was turning black.

Author's Note:

I started actually writing this today. I just couldn't stop :3

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment