• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 578 Views, 2 Comments

Alliance is Magic - artsyfartsy1998



Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad if the losers had won...

  • ...
2
 2
 578

Confessions of a Love struck Dragon

Twilight’s hair was curled, straightened, twisted, braided, trimmed, combed and dyed. Her fur was brushed, scrubbed, meshed, thinned and parted. Her face had many types of makeup applied to it, ending in hundreds of failed results, but finally, Twilight’s bangs were curled inward, her mane was tied into a bun at the base of her scalp by ribbons, and feathers, gems and flowers were pinned together onto a Victorian style top hat that fit snugly next to her right ear. Her tail was curled a small amount and had shimmer dust spread liberally throughout it. She was wearing a light amount of blush, the tiniest hint of eye shadow and eyeliner, a hint of cherry lip gloss, and mascara that framed her violet eyes perfectly. She had a simple, white, collared blouse on, and a red bow tie. Her skirt was lacy, black with red shimmer, and reached her knees, and had suspenders clipped on that went where the suspenders usually go, and that had, pinned into it, a beautiful emerald pendant. She was not wearing shoes, but lacy white satin socks with a small cat design at the top. She gasped at herself in the mirror. Spike gasped alongside her.

“It’s all in how you look at a pony, my dear. I was kind of thinking that a Victorian look would do good with your dark coloring, and socks are very in right now. But wait...” Rarity looked at Twilight’s brooch for a moment. “EMERALD? What was I thinking, let me get you the ruby!”

She galloped away, with Spike still gawking at her awkwardly. “Spike?” Twilight peered at him, kind of worried, kind of bashful. “Spike?”

“Wow.”

“Um, thanks. Please don’t stare at me like that, though.”

“You don’t mind that I am madly in love with Rarity, do you?”

Twilight giggled. Then she shushed herself for a moment, but couldn’t contain it, and she burst out laughing. It echoed across the room, and she just fell to the floor at the absurdity of it all.

“What?”

“I've just never seen you act so incredibly stupid in my entire life, Spike!” Twilight sighed into her sock-covered front hoof. “I mean, the entire time she was working on my outfit, you were just looking at her like she was the most beautiful thing you’d ever seen!”

“She IS the most beautiful thing I've ever seen,” Spike said, hurt.

“Oh.” Twilight didn't know how to respond to this. She really had no clue. “Um...”

“I still love you,” he said, scratching at his arm.

“Wait, what?” Twilight looked at Spike. “Um... Love?”

“Yeah, love. You’re not supposed to treat me well, but you do. You treat me like a friend. A friend who you’re constantly teasing, maybe ‘cause it’s okay with me, I dunno. I thought you loved me, because I love you, and we treat each other about the same. But I never really was sure about it until you kissed me last night. I mean, whether you thought you wanted to or not, you did it, and I was kind of glad you did. I had a little reassurance. But you don’t really love me, and Rarity’s just so incredible, I felt it the second I met her, it’s weird, but it feels right. I dunno, love at first sight seems so cheesy to me, but I’m getting these pangs in my chest, and I sometimes get them around you, but it’s not so often, it’s not so sure! I don’t know... I still love you, though. And I’d still do anything for you, Twilight.”

Twilight felt herself shake a little. That was the nicest thing Spike had ever said to her. She looked down at her hooves. “Maybe I should dress up more often,” she said. “You’re so willing to talk to me.”

Rarity suddenly arrived in the room again, bearing earrings, a tie, a ream of duck-covered fabric, some sewing equipment, a half-knit scarf, a curling iron, some lipstick, a pair of contacts, African beads, and two pairs of mary janes. She looked between the two and, knowing a tender moment when she saw one, backed out of the circle of mirrors slowly, depositing her items next to Spike’s chair.

“I’ll go set the table for dinner.” Rarity made trotting noises as if to walk away, but Twilight was sure that she saw the mare listening behind one of the mirrors.

“It’s fine, Rarity, I don’t have anything else to say to Twilight,” Spike called. He smiled bashfully at his friend. “Sorry I’m so weird right now.”

“No, that’s fine.” Twilight started pulling off her socks.

“Ah-ah-ah!” Rarity rushed inside and stopped Twilight. “I want you to keep it, really!”

“That’s so generous of you,” Twilight said, surprised. “Thanks.”

“My pleasure,” Rarity laughed. “It’s what friends are for, right?”

Friends... Twilight thought. Maybe the queen was wrong about me, maybe I was wrong about me, if I've already made a friend.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment